Rodrygo vs Heung-Min Son

• SI Staff

Different researchers will have different opinions about the players they research. You can't compare attributes in a vacuum either. This is because of the way in which they interact with each other in the ME. 

You could give a player 20 finishing, but pair that with 1 composure, 1 off the ball and 1 anticipation it means he probably only scores goals of any meaningful quality a handful of times in his career. I haven't had Son in one of my sides yet in FM24, but in previous seasons he's been one of my favourite players to have because so many of his attributes make him perform even better than his already strong attributes suggest. 

1 minute ago, 21TOLHO said:

But he still finishes  better than that Rodrygo fraud

Sounds like you have a personal issue with Rodrygo tbh instead of finishing attributes.

Son is a decent finisher, but 16 is more than fair. He averages probably around 15 league goals a season and has always had planty of chances alongside Kane. Compare that to say Salah who averages around 20+ league  goals a season. 

Sons 16 only leaves 4 attribute points for Salah who is clearly a much better finisher.

So Sons 16 is more than fair, if not too much

It is clearly very difficult to pin down the likes of finishing and composure

Algorithms can help, but nobody is ever going to be happy because real life performance comes into play, and suddenly everyone is saying this guy should have 16-17 finishing because he is on a hot streak. Six months later and everything is different. Son had a barren streak not too long ago, where he was missing chances,  and that has to be taken into account. 16 is more than fair.

16 hours ago, Kickballz said:

It is clearly very difficult to pin down the likes of finishing and composure

Algorithms can help, but nobody is ever going to be happy because real life performance comes into play, and suddenly everyone is saying this guy should have 16-17 finishing because he is on a hot streak. Six months later and everything is different. Son had a barren streak not too long ago, where he was missing chances,  and that has to be taken into account. 16 is more than fair.

Also many think finishing alone is the  be all and end all, Sons been fine for me as a striker. Maddison is the one I think needs a bit of work as believe he was still good for Leicester last season.

But hey this is when the editor is worth getting for those who dont agree with player attributes, just it takes some self-discipline to stick with a point here or there!

I always get it simply to remove Sons "likes ball into feet" trait as that ruins him. Take that away and he's more like the player we see.

• 4 weeks later...