Board limiting wages that can be offered to free agent because there are future signings lined up

I'm not fully sure if this is a bug, so I'm posting this here.

I am trying to sign a free agent for about 2k per week in wages, and have way more than enough to do so in the budget. However, the board is limiting what I can offer to about 300 pounds per week because "there are 2 future incoming transfers we should consider before making further purchases" (not sure of exact wording).

I can see how this might be realistic and make some sense, except I'm in the lower leagues and I only have about 10 players contracted for next season including the youth and reserve teams. At this pace, there's more danger of failing to make minimum registration requirements than there is of going bankrupt.

So, my question is, is this a bug that I should report, or is this logical intended behavior for some reason I'm not getting?

Do you have future transfers coming in? Are there wage increase clauses that will likely activate? Are you negotiating with lots of free agents even if they haven't agreed to sign for you?

The board will often restrict wages if you're in the middle of negotiations with multiple players in order to prevent you spending above your agreed limits. Imagine you have 3k in your budget, but you're at the contract negotiation stage with 5 players and you've offered each of them 1k a week. Even if you don't plan to sign all of them, the board will then stop you offering what you would consider normal wages in other negotiations in case all 5 of those players end up signing for you and taking you over your budget. 

It may also be a bug if none of those scenarios apply.

56 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Do you have future transfers coming in? Are there wage increase clauses that will likely activate? Are you negotiating with lots of free agents even if they haven't agreed to sign for you?

The board will often restrict wages if you're in the middle of negotiations with multiple players in order to prevent you spending above your agreed limits. Imagine you have 3k in your budget, but you're at the contract negotiation stage with 5 players and you've offered each of them 1k a week. Even if you don't plan to sign all of them, the board will then stop you offering what you would consider normal wages in other negotiations in case all 5 of those players end up signing for you and taking you over your budget. 

It may also be a bug if none of those scenarios apply.

I have two transfers due to arrive on July 1 (game is in mid-May), but they are both well under the wage budget. This is the only other guy I'm trying to negotiate with. The other two are finalized, just waiting on their current contracts to end.

I have a tonne of players whose contracts I'm waiting to expire. I'll set them to release at end of contract and see if that changes anything.

So, the club is still restricting me to offering no more than 325 pounds because those two guys are coming.

image.thumb.png.754fdc86ed20e074c3489cfa4e2558f8.png

This is what my budgets look like:

image.png.1e76565bcda5264e394de6cb118c58ce.png

The two players joining don't arrive till July 1, which is half way through pre-season, so no ideal given I won't have a full 11 to put out by then.

The wage budget is a different value to the figure that the board will allow you to offer for different squad statuses.  It could be that what you are offering for say a squad player is higher than the figure that the board will allow for that squad status

What squad status did you offer to the incoming player on 2K per week and what will the board allow for that squad status?

7 minutes ago, FrazT said:

The wage budget is a different value to the figure that the board will allow you to offer for different squad statuses.  It could be that what you are offering for say a squad player is higher than the figure that the board will allow for that squad status

What squad status did you offer to the incoming player on 2K per week and what will the board allow for that squad status?

Didn't know about that tab. Thanks.

image.thumb.png.037305115ab4a3bc57475a87dc16c3e1.png

I was offering the guy important player, I think, so I should have been well within board limits.

Edited by koikingu