This Beta of Football Manager 2024 is a shame !!!

First of all, I want to clarify that I am not trolling or provoking.
This beta is probably the worst I've seen on FM.
First of all, what are these roles that you assigned to the players?
Have you never seen Zidane's matches at Real, Mbappé or Kingsley Coman? it shows you the differences in roles that exist and which are totally absent in the game with the wingers.
The goalkeepers are ridiculously bad.
Player movements look like figure skating.
There are a ridiculous number of injuries throughout a season.

Honestly, I don't understand how you can release a game with so many bugs when you're using a game engine that hasn't changed for years.

I hope that the next updates will greatly improve the situation because I bought a football simulation and not a game about Captain Tsubasa.

Finally, I wanted to remind you that building a football tactic is about finding a system that works with the players you have and not finding a single tactic that works with any team...

It is urgent that you find out what football is... This is a caricature, it looks like a child's game.

For the moment, my disappointment is immense, to be continued....

Edited by manuel.santos13

• manuel.santos13 changed the title to This Beta of Football Manager 2024 is a shame !!!

its the the way the ball pings about for me and the way players look like they're ice skating this year is much worse and i'm so glad you mention that to because i've complaining about this every year  

Edited by JamieTC13

18 minutes ago, manuel.santos13 said:

Finally, I wanted to remind you that building a football tactic is about finding a system that works with the players you have and not finding a single tactic that works with any team...

This I can sign 100%

I'm not kidding, I'm really angry and I'm not the only one far from it...
We pay for this game, and there needs to be a minimum of quality if we want to offer a football game.

there are a lot of people like me who have been playing for many years and find this 2024 version ridiculous... It's just not football.

il y a 1 minute, Dagenham_Dave a dit :

What, specifically, is worse about this game than previous versions. And be VERY specific. 

Just read my first post.

The roles of wingers are almost all similar.
The behavior of set pieces is surreal.
The level of goalkeepers is totally zero.
The movements of the players on the field do not resemble football at all.

I took a weak French league 2 team and without buying players, I finished champion the first year and then 5th in league 1 the second season: seriously???

I must be in the minority then as I'm really enjoying the game. Yes- there are things to be tweaked before release, but the ME is much better than any previous FM.

What were you expecting from FM24? It was always going to be similar to FM23.

il y a 7 minutes, Lempicka a dit :

I must be in the minority then as I'm really enjoying the game. Yes- there are things to be tweaked before release, but the ME is much better than any previous FM.

What were you expecting from FM24? It was always going to be similar to FM23.

Sigames announced that it was going to be the most complete version with this game engine...
If at least it was of the quality of FM23, I would have said nothing but seeing the catastrophic result of this beta, the decline in the playability of the game, I would never have bought this version.

This is what I expected, a minimum of progress.

10 minutes ago, manuel.santos13 said:

Well done,

This is the way to justify mediocrity

No it isn't. It's a computer game. A form of entertainment, it's not your day job. If you don't like the direction the game is going, then don't buy it. It's as simple as that. 

If you seriously think this iteration of the game is the worst ever, then spoiler alert - you are NEVER going to enjoy this game. 

Id wish SI made a Brutal version for hardcore fans.

One with real life injuries, players getting upset for being substituted on 85th minute, gegenpressing tactics making your mediocre team ravaged after 30minutes or playing 4-4-2 with 2 advance forwards making you concede 5 goals each game like it should happen.

il y a 7 minutes, Dagenham_Dave a dit :

:lol::lol::lol:

Ok, now I know you're trolling. You got me, congratulations. 

Don't be the one who doesn't understand. If the beta was at least of similar quality to FM23 then I could hope that with the updates the game would improve.

This is very worrying for those who like to play coach. That's still the objective and the name of this game: Football Manager.

11 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Id wish SI made a Brutal version for hardcore fans.

One with real life injuries, players getting upset for being substituted on 85th minute, gegenpressing tactics making your mediocre team ravaged after 30minutes or playing 4-4-2 with 2 advance forwards making you concede 5 goals each game like it should happen.

Wish I could upvote this more. Totally agree.

il y a 20 minutes, andu1 a dit :

gegenpressing tactics making your mediocre team ravaged after 30minutes or playing 4-4-2 with 2 advance forwards making you concede 5 goals each game like it should happen.

it's exactly the opposite that happens, with a weak team and a 442 gegenpress, I crush most of the teams that are superior to me: ridiculous!

You don't believe me ? just look at how the players who stream win, the level of their team and the results obtained: it's a farce!

il y a 3 minutes, Dagenham_Dave a dit :

No, frankly. I haven't believed a word you've said in this entire thread. 

Great good to you... don't feel obliged to come and pollute!

This is my opinion on the game, some share it, others don't.

with pleasure... when I'll arrive at home I'll do... 

I hope you will then have the elegance to apologize... it is interesting to see that you assume that others lie, surely a habit that is dear to you.

Is there any personal information that appears on the save that is dangerous to reveal if I upload?

1 hour ago, manuel.santos13 said:

Have you never seen Zidane's matches at Real, Mbappé or Kingsley Coman? it shows you the differences in roles that exist and which are totally absent in the game with the wingers.

Honestly, I don't understand how you can release a game with so many bugs when you're using a game engine that hasn't changed for years.

I hope that the next updates will greatly improve the situation because I bought a football simulation and not a game about Captain Tsubasa.

It is urgent that you find out what football is... This is a caricature, it looks like a child's game.

The game isn't released so you are incorrect ? This is a beta version 

Eventhough I don't agree with everything he said, His statement about the difficulty about the game and how you should build a tactic that fit your team than that fit any team is justified

Edited by Razal

The big thing is, SI said themselves that they have to reduce the number of data that impact the game to reduce the memory usage of the game, So many factors which should influence the game isn't being used. I hope they can put a slider on how much of these data to be used so we can have bigger realism without affecting people who prefer perfomance

il y a 8 minutes, Razal a dit :

Eventhough I don't agree with everything he said, His statement about the difficulty about the game and how you should build a tactic that fit your team than that fit any team is justified

Thank you for understanding the purpose of my intervention. I made it clear that I didn't want to troll or provoke but there is always someone to make **** happen.

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Honestly, can a mod please just close this car crash. 

He is putting out his opinion, maybe it is a little bit over emotional but just like you said about buy the game if you want, You can read it if you want 

To relate it to the (frankly ridiculous) claim that this is the worst beta they've ever had, I was just realising how few moon-howler type threads we've had this year that get locked when someone thinks that their poorly-thought-through feedback deserves their own thread.  

There's definitely subjective aspects to the game, but it would be massively, MASSIVELY stretching it to suggest that this is anywhere close to the worst version of FM there's been.  The only reason I can think of for something like that is just angry hyperbole.

il y a 4 minutes, forameuss a dit :

To relate it to the (frankly ridiculous) claim that this is the worst beta they've ever had, I was just realising how few moon-howler type threads we've had this year that get locked when someone thinks that their poorly-thought-through feedback deserves their own thread.  

There's definitely subjective aspects to the game, but it would be massively, MASSIVELY stretching it to suggest that this is anywhere close to the worst version of FM there's been.  The only reason I can think of for something like that is just angry hyperbole.

I readily admit that I should have written the worst version I have used since fm22, that's what I had in mind...

what is useless is to focus on "the worst version" and forget the rest of the arguments and I insist, there are many failures on this version.

5 minutes ago, forameuss said:

To be fair, all of the complaints made by the user have already been expressed by others in the feedback thread. While I may not necessarily agree with everything that has been said, it is important to acknowledge that everyone's opinion matters and it is not appropriate to dictate how someone should feel about the game based on your own personal experience. However, it would have been more appropriate for the user to share their thoughts in the feedback thread rather than creating a separate post.

Edited by Mars_Blackmon

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I know this thread will be closed down soon, but I just wanted to pipe in and laugh at the sheer absurdity of this comment. It actually beggars belief that human beings can think this way. 

Well i think it beggars belief that any human being can consider FM24 a good game....i have bought every FM and CM since championship manager 2 and FM24 is not the best of them all, FM22 is a way better game which i still play.

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I know this thread will be closed down soon, but I just wanted to pipe in and laugh at the sheer absurdity of this comment. It actually beggars belief that human beings can think this way. 

Well i think it beggars belief that any human being can consider FM24 a good game....i have bought every FM and CM since championship manager 2 and FM24 is not the best of them all, FM22 is a way better game which i still play.

Just now, iAlwaysWin said:

Well i think it beggars belief that any human being can consider FM24 a good game

The fact more matches have been played in this beta than any other in the history of the game (by some way) would suggest your opinion is very much in the minority. 

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

The fact more matches have been played in this beta than any other in the history of the game (by some way) would suggest your opinion is very much in the minority. 

I bought it and played 30 hours worth, plenty matches where played on my end, and i do not like the game so yeah....

7 minutes ago, manuel.santos13 said:

I readily admit that I should have written the worst version I have used since fm22, that's what I had in mind...

That's quite a come-down from "the worst in FM" to "the worst out of 3 editions".  

Even as the goalposts have disappeared down the pitch, I'm not even sure that holds much weight.  SI have had some pretty rocky beta releases with a lot of vitriol getting fired around.  This one has been pretty smooth-sailing, and outside of some stuff they're looking at, the game is in a pretty decent state for one that hasn't reached it's "official" release yet.  Does it mean it's perfect?  Absolutely not.  But expecting that would just be eternal misery.

5 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

To be fair, all of the complaints made by the user have already been expressed by others in the feedback thread. While I may not necessarily agree with everything that has been said, it is important to acknowledge that everyone's opinion matters and it is not appropriate to dictate how someone should feel about the game based on your own personal experience. However, it would have been more appropriate for the user to share their thoughts in the feedback thread rather than creating a separate post.

If you can point to where I "dictated how someone should feel about the game" then I'll apologise for it.  Good luck with that.

Problem with that argument is that's it's usually in response to someone doing exactly the same.  They're welcome to think whatever outlandish stuff they want, just like anyone else is welcome to think it's lunacy.  

1 minute ago, iAlwaysWin said:

I bought it and played 30 hours worth, plenty matches where played on my end, and i do not like the game so yeah....

The fact you think the worst version of the more modern iterations (FM22) is the best speaks volumes. Have fun watching your wingers shoot into the side netting game after game. 

4 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

The fact you think the worst version of the more modern iterations (FM22) is the best speaks volumes. Have fun watching your wingers shoot into the side netting game after game. 

Maybe thats your 'TACTIC' thats making your wingers do that, because my wingers dont do that LOL.....FM22 is the worse FM in modern iterations...by whos standards? yours? i think i'll pass on your opinion what a good game is. I also never said FM22 is the 'BEST FM' i said its better than FM24 and FM23 , which it is.

Edited by iAlwaysWin

3 minutes ago, forameuss said:

That's quite a come-down from "the worst in FM" to "the worst out of 3 editions".  

Even as the goalposts have disappeared down the pitch, I'm not even sure that holds much weight.  SI have had some pretty rocky beta releases with a lot of vitriol getting fired around.  This one has been pretty smooth-sailing, and outside of some stuff they're looking at, the game is in a pretty decent state for one that hasn't reached it's "official" release yet.  Does it mean it's perfect?  Absolutely not.  But expecting that would just be eternal misery.

If you can point to where I "dictated how someone should feel about the game" then I'll apologise for it.  Good luck with that.

Problem with that argument is that's it's usually in response to someone doing exactly the same.  They're welcome to think whatever outlandish stuff they want, just like anyone else is welcome to think it's lunacy.  

He literally said it's probably the worst FM he's seen, and you said it was a stretch...

Edited by Mars_Blackmon

• Administrators
1 hour ago, manuel.santos13 said:

We are sorry you aren't enjoying the game but we appreciate your feedback.

Some of what you're saying are known issues (e.g. Goalkeeper behaviour and injuries).

If you have a better idea of how player roles should be presented in Football Manager, we suggest you post your idea in the Feature Requests Forum.

If you think there is a bug, please raise in the Bug Tracker.

For general feedback on FM24, please post in our dedicated feedback thread so everything is in one place for our team to review.