Returning player needing help / info

Decided to return to FM after not playing it for a good 10 years or so and I have a few things I’m curious about if anyone can help as I’m becoming frustrated haha

I’m currently 1st season Barcelona playing 433DM 

ideally I want to play tiki taka or possession but I just find it so slow even with the tempo upped and then I nearly always give the ball away on the half way line and concede and don’t create enough . gavi Pedri dejong is the midfield so you would think they could play possession football 

Anyone had success playing possession football? Obviously I’m not familiar with how the match engine works but from my small time so far it does seem high intensity tactics work better. I’ve tried gegenpress and create loads but usually concede 55% possession or more and the players can’t play this all year as they are knackered l

I leave training to my staff but I’ve noticed a lot of the weeks the type of training  is wing play ?? Doesn’t feel right  75% of my weeks or this type of training . Should I be changing this myself and also is it necessary to modify to add more rest in? 

I try to play one tactic home and away and just change the mentality for big games but find against real psg city etc it’s easy to be 3 nil down after 20 mins as they just rip me to bits and my quality players make loads of mistakes. Is it worth having different tactic / formation for these games ? .

Any other tips for trying to play tiki taka and also player fitness . I know to rotate and give rest but seems a bit extreme to give 2/3 days rest to first 11 after every game