IF Vs W with cut inside

Is it just me or is the movement of the winger with the cut inside instruction better than that of an Inside forward?

I've tried IF with stay wide, IF with no instructions and W with cut inside and I think I like the later way better (if they're on the opposite foot so a right footed player on the left)

2 hours ago, dzek said:

@DarJ IF role does cut inside in general or not?

I think what @DarJ means is that from what he's seen, the movement of the Winger on Support seems to be better with the cut inside PI or atleast what he prefers compared to the IF with or without instructions. 

Personally I agree with him that it's superior if you are looking for the Wingers/ Wide players to constantly be wider but then make that realistic cut in that happens in real life with a lot of players. IMHO- IF's with the PI's of Stay wider typically don't end up doing what a lot of people are actually intending or trying to get them to do.

All personal preference at the end of the day!

3 minutes ago, LukeSavo said:

I think what @DarJ means is that from what he's seen, the movement of the Winger on Support seems to be better with the cut inside PI or atleast what he prefers compared to the IF with or without instructions. 

Personally I agree with him that it's superior if you are looking for the Wingers/ Wide players to constantly be wider but then make that realistic cut in that happens in real life with a lot of players. IMHO- IF's with the PI's of Stay wider typically don't end up doing what a lot of people are actually intending or trying to get them to do.

All personal preference at the end of the day!

I do understand what @DarJ is trying to say but as this is a reported bug so thats why i asked for it.

3 hours ago, dzek said:

I do understand what @DarJ is trying to say but as this is a reported bug so thats why i asked for it.

An adjusted winger role's just give more of a real life movement from wide attackers, don't think there is a bug per se w/ the IF. 

Just now, Cloud9 said:

An adjusted winger role's just give more of a real life movement from wide attackers, don't think there is a bug per se w/ the IF. 

Indeed but if winger role can cut inside more frequently or effectively than an IF (which is what an IF role supposed to do the most of the time) then i think there is a problem here. We will see if SI mark it as a bug.

1 minute ago, dzek said:

Indeed but if winger role can cut inside more frequently or effectively than an IF (which is what an IF role supposed to do the most of the time) then i think there is a problem here. We will see if SI mark it as a bug.

I would like to see wide roles reworked so they can be an effective main threat in a tactic instead of a central striker on lower lines.  That specific interaction with the Winger is the same as on previous versions, not new to 24, so I wouldn't hold my breath. 

10 hours ago, dzek said:

I think the W cuts inside more frequently than the IF at the moment and their movement seem to be less predictable both on and off the ball.

I think they should rework the IF and get rid of the IW because I don’t see why you’d need one at the moment 

21 minutes ago, DarJ said:

I think the W cuts inside more frequently than the IF at the moment and their movement seem to be less predictable both on and off the ball.

I think they should rework the IF and get rid of the IW because I don’t see why you’d need one at the moment 

IF is a goalscorer and IW is a creator but as you said, if you look at their stats on the most systems i think there are no differences.

Edited by dzek