How does one get into Football Manager as a player in real life?

I play in the fourth division (5th tier) in Norway, and I wonder what the criteria is to be added into the game as a player. I see some of my teammates are in the game, even though they have never played at a higher level than their current. What is the reason only some of the players on my team are in the game? Have they contacted the game themselves?

researchers for the area scout you and include you. At that level they will have limited knowledge and limited focus so they will capture some players but not all. Get yourself up to a higher level and you are guarenteed to be included, but at that level its just a bit of luck, being particularly good

16 minutes ago, jim owen said:

researchers for the area scout you and include you. At that level they will have limited knowledge and limited focus so they will capture some players but not all. Get yourself up to a higher level and you are guarenteed to be included, but at that level its just a bit of luck, being particularly good

All right, I see. Cheers for the reply.

6 hours ago, TurboBalljens said:

I play in the fourth division (5th tier) in Norway, and I wonder what the criteria is to be added into the game as a player. I see some of my teammates are in the game, even though they have never played at a higher level than their current. What is the reason only some of the players on my team are in the game? Have they contacted the game themselves?

I was in this situation when I played. I never made it into the game but our goalkeeper and a few other players I knew were because they were in the youth national team.

8 hours ago, TurboBalljens said:

That tier isn't visible in FM, so it's not really a focus to get 100%. The researchers usually add players if they either have played for bigger teams (in the playable leagues) and dropped down, or if they somehow get noticed by media or something like that.

In the database and research section of the bug tracker:

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2024-early-access-bugs-tracker/database-and-research/

Anyone can write up things they see that are missing or wrong in the game. So if you have some sort of proof you are playing there, like an official team web site or something, you can add it in there. Since it is at that low level, it won't be a priority for the Norwegian researchers to add, but you never know.