Does the early access get a hot fix?

Hey,

I'm just wondering if SI have ever released a hot fix during the early access/beta.

Game is great so far, apart from the injuries - especially to Goalkeepers. 

No worries if not, will have to wait til the full release but just wondering if any hope of a fix before then?

They haven't before, I think. And I doubt they'd do any updates before the release unless it was a technical issue where many people couldn't enter the game itself. A bit too high level of injuries to goalkeepers doesn't fall into something I would call critical, so if I was a betting man, I'd say no updates, at least to that.

8 hours ago, Mobius said:

There's usually some "reduced injuries" type mod on the Steam Workshop so hopefully that will be available shortly after release !

Reduced injuries? I'll be looking for the mod that increases them.

Its possible that goalkeepers are being counted as outfield players and so at higher risk of injury instead of as GK but Ive not seen evidence of this

In any case the only way to prove it is run a series of soak tests looking at GK injuries and comparing to real life. In my personal soak tests I didnt see anything significant in terms of GK injuries. I also wonder since the training module has had some changes if you default training to Ass Man he may over do it? There is also the player injury risk assessment to keep an eye on.

https://www.sportsgambler.com/injuries/football/england-premier-league/

I count 6 GK injuries so far this season in the premier. 

Interesting stats here it doesnt break it down to differentiate between outfield players and goalkeepers

image.thumb.png.12fd279eb355f41f80c901883d2fdaa9.png

5 minutes ago, Quickzz said:

Is there actually a bug related to the goalkeepers, or is everyone just making things up?

Not a 'bug' per se. Previously, keepers never got injured or carded. They've finally fixed that - possibly overfixed it for the beta.

Edited by phnompenhandy

7 hours ago, Viking said:

I mean, I have had one single keeper injury in, like, four beta saves so far. But I'm one of those guys who thinks there are too few injuries in FM overall.

I'm 2 seasons in and had 7 injuries spread across my starter and backup GK.

9 hours ago, Viking said:

I mean, I have had one single keeper injury in, like, four beta saves so far. But I'm one of those guys who thinks there are too few injuries in FM overall.

I've only had 1 GK injury in 2.5 seasons across two saves, and that was my 3rd choice who got injured for a week while playing in the reserves. 

Like you, I've always thought injury numbers in FM are too low. I always cringe when I hear the 'too many injuries' whine year after year. 

On 25/10/2023 at 15:29, Bobsy88 said:

Hey,

I'm just wondering if SI have ever released a hot fix during the early access/beta.

Game is great so far, apart from the injuries - especially to Goalkeepers. 

No worries if not, will have to wait til the full release but just wondering if any hope of a fix before then?

They'll patch stuff during the beta and release the update with the official game release early next month. 

On 27/10/2023 at 13:58, numbas2 said:

I wasn't aware of the GK thing, I just thought when mine broke his arm I was unlucky, and shafted as I don't name one on the bench and the other two were youth players (for a conference south team, despair...)

My new GK has now also broke his arm trying to catch the ball. Poor bloke. 6 months after the other GK lol. 

On 28/10/2023 at 09:14, Viking said:

I'm convinced a lot of these people who are experiencing crazy high injury rates are playing max tempo with gegenpress and filling out the training schedule with sessions and double intensity.

I've never had crazy injuries until I was using a real life injury mod. 

On 25/10/2023 at 21:43, XaW said:

They haven't before, I think. And I doubt they'd do any updates before the release unless it was a technical issue where many people couldn't enter the game itself. A bit too high level of injuries to goalkeepers doesn't fall into something I would call critical, so if I was a betting man, I'd say no updates, at least to that.

The regens not developing technicals fix was released during beta last year.