[FM24][HELP]Random and Small Skinning Questions

TCSSkin

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, josephfwoodhouse said:

Hi, I'm using the Zealand Skin ported to FM24 and I was wondering how I could replace the new staff popup with the old one 

new staff popup:
image.png.9c7c2e48335ac08495b2d54001d06d38.png

old staff popup (desired):
image.png.7127a5a110ef980cc02403188a249d08.png

skin folder/panels/non_player and delete/remove the 'non player profile popup panel.xml'

8 hours ago, betinho313 said:

Can you change the user manager profile image? Doesn't seem to work  like adding profile images for newgens

Open the Preferences/General tab and there's an option to select your own picture.

Hi all - hoping someone can help me with my sanity on this one!

I have copied over some files from the Zealand FM23 skin so that scouting reports show the attributes (using the the g2 skin as my base). Made sure all was copied across and working fine. However, whenever I close the game and reopen it, I need to load the Zealand and then change back to the g2 skin for the panel to work properly. I am not changing anything in the files whilst I do this, but I have to do it every time. What can be causing this??

As I load in the game:

image.png.6dc541d44ce519d4e0df8719fa735c30.png

After loading the Zealand skin and reloading the g2 skin.

image.png.776f1486c919f0e21f9f18810ab9e6c4.png

I am playing fm23 by the way - posting here as the FM23 questions thread is now locked.

46 minutes ago, the_hoyle said:

Hi all - hoping someone can help me with my sanity on this one!

I have copied over some files from the Zealand FM23 skin so that scouting reports show the attributes (using the the g2 skin as my base). Made sure all was copied across and working fine. However, whenever I close the game and reopen it, I need to load the Zealand and then change back to the g2 skin for the panel to work properly. I am not changing anything in the files whilst I do this, but I have to do it every time. What can be causing this??

As I load in the game:

image.png.6dc541d44ce519d4e0df8719fa735c30.png

After loading the Zealand skin and reloading the g2 skin.

image.png.776f1486c919f0e21f9f18810ab9e6c4.png

I am playing fm23 by the way - posting here as the FM23 questions thread is now locked.

make sure you copy'd over the classes files for the tab

30 minutes ago, snowofman said:

make sure you copy'd over the classes files for the tab

Everything has been copied over, as it works if I load a different skin and then reload the skin I am using immediately. It is just strange that it does not immediately load up. I doubt it would pull information from another skin folder, right?

1 minute ago, the_hoyle said:

Everything has been copied over, as it works if I load a different skin and then reload the skin I am using immediately. It is just strange that it does not immediately load up. I doubt it would pull information from another skin folder, right?

the missing piece may be in the cache, which if grabbed from the "working" skin and the reason why it works on your skin

so there is something you havnt copy'd over

most often it's a classes file for the tab there is on the scout card.

3 hours ago, snowofman said:

the missing piece may be in the cache, which if grabbed from the "working" skin and the reason why it works on your skin

so there is something you havnt copy'd over

most often it's a classes file for the tab there is on the scout card.

I have checked the classes for the Zealand skin and there are only 3, none of which relate to the scouting screen. I will copy them over and see if that makes it work though - thanks

4 hours ago, the_hoyle said:

I have checked the classes for the Zealand skin and there are only 3, none of which relate to the scouting screen. I will copy them over and see if that makes it work though - thanks

tabs in the classes folder is probably the one you're missing

tablet_tabs is for the match tablet tabs

and config is.. yeah a config file

Been playing around with allsorts of numbers however unable to left align the text here. Am i right in thinking that the titlebar.xml is the right one to edit? 

Also if thats the alignment, to then edit the font layout would that also be the same xml?

image.thumb.png.804be8829d1b4cd98b7e68eece78b020.png

3 minutes ago, One hell of a keeper said:

Been playing around with allsorts of numbers however unable to left align the text here. Am i right in thinking that the titlebar.xml is the right one to edit? 

Also if thats the alignment, to then edit the font layout would that also be the same xml?

image.thumb.png.804be8829d1b4cd98b7e68eece78b020.png

Have you tried looking at the title bar search panel.xml instead of the title bar ?

11 minutes ago, JustHowie said:

Have you tried looking at the title bar search panel.xml instead of the title bar ?

Ah no i havent wow really that easy? Thanks for your help, I looked in this file then change alignment from "all" to "left" and the text  disappears ? 

image.thumb.png.50007086c2786f54fe9ad140d9665094.png

5 minutes ago, One hell of a keeper said:

Ah no i havent wow really that easy? Thanks for your help, I looked in this file then change alignment from "all" to "left" and the text  disappears ? 

image.thumb.png.50007086c2786f54fe9ad140d9665094.png

Change it back, look at the title bar and the descriptions widgets they have central alignments if you change them to left (keep the ,top or bottom else they will over lap)

40 minutes ago, One hell of a keeper said:

Trying to find where to edit the ID icon, calendar icon and continue button so they can show the same color of the text on the left and then will change to reflect? 

image.thumb.png.905e9fed8fda01a61adb9ddd4dd07e55.png

titlebar.xml tells you where to find the right file if it's from my skin (I would say it is)

image.png.ffa0fc9cf9549ebefbccd35d905470b3.png

33 minutes ago, keysi said:

titlebar.xml tells you where to find the right file if it's from my skin (I would say it is)

image.png.ffa0fc9cf9549ebefbccd35d905470b3.png

Been looking around for any sort of tech help on client_object_viewer_selector_panel but just pulling up things not related to formatting the color or editing at least

On 30/11/2023 at 15:06, mccann95 said:

Is it possible for me to expand the green bar at the top down to the divider underneath? Thanks
Screenshot2023-11-30at15_04_32.thumb.png.36d529968934ff0ee51c81dd534c58a7.png

what is this panel called please?

Thought I'd ask in here as could be a quick answer, I'm trying to achieve formatting of the name in the title bar. Ideally firstname would be thin and condensed and then the surname would be bold and heavy. Is this possible to do in the game? 

Friends, is there any way for me to fix the size of the logo as in the photo above?? because when there are two shirts on the panel it ends up increasing a lotimage.png.8ea968fe3a9a04b2909beb5470caa85f.pngimage.png.2425e6e855a8d4cab9b4ede4e47473a0.png

Edited by Zyraxz

20 minutes ago, Zyraxz said:

Friends, is there any way for me to fix the size of the logo as in the photo above?? because when there are two shirts on the panel it ends up increasing a lotimage.png.8ea968fe3a9a04b2909beb5470caa85f.pngimage.png.2425e6e855a8d4cab9b4ede4e47473a0.png

in my opinion, both options look terrible and unnatural. I would not engage in nonsense and use ready-made kit packs. or you can try to use not the relative, but the absolute value of the logo size.

3 hours ago, dx said:

Hi. I'm using Sas Skin but he remove this panel from the match. How can I ask it back please?

skin.jpg

the panel you are talking about is still there for match replays.

it was removed for normal matches in fm by SI

1 hour ago, DamienQilBormliz said:

This may sound stupid but I have been trying to figure it out all day. I messed something up and as a consequence I'm having the following when it comes to VAR checking and penalty decisions...

Graphics are in place and here is the file I believe is connectec to it. Any tips?

match caption panel.xml

EmpolivLecco_Pitch-2.thumb.png.67f5b1b504c17d068f68fd1caecca803.png

remove the file and graphics, and if needed extract a new default one

Hi could someone point me to what file i need to edit to get rid of the highlighted area (red box) the yellow bit not the writing thanks in advance for any help :)

Screenshot (1).png

Edited by Mark8213

4 hours ago, Mark8213 said:

Hi could someone point me to what file i need to edit to get rid of the highlighted area (red box) the yellow bit not the writing thanks in advance for any help :)

Screenshot (1).png

interaction header panel.xml

7 minutes ago, Mark8213 said:

thanks it hasn't got rid of the yellow that i was after but thanks anyway

the yellow? if you mean the background i believe thats part of the background picture

try and look for that in the client object browser

look for this

<widget class="inner_contrast_box" appearance="boxes/custom/interface/content/primary/paper">
			<layout class="stick_to_object_attachment" id="align_top" get_side="top" set_side="top" target="mai1"/>
			<layout class="stick_to_object_attachment" id="align_bottom" get_side="bottom" set_side="bottom" target="mai1"/>
			<layout class="stick_to_object_attachment" id="align_right" get_side="right" use_recursive_search="true" set_side="left" target="side"/>
			<layout class="stick_to_object_attachment" id="align_right" get_side="left" set_side="left" target="mai1"/>

<animation class="translate_animation" start_value="0, 0.2" end_value="0, 0" duration="0.4" end_mode="hold_end" tween="ease_out" coord_mode="relative_to_screen" />
					<attachment class="test_multiple_globals_attachment" default_value="false">
						<list id="get_properties">
							<record get_property="MatS" test_mode="equal" value="true" skip_if_null="true" />
							<!-- PROP_FULL_SCREEN_3D_BEING_DRAWN -->
							<record get_property="Ma3D" test_mode="equal" value="true" comparison_mode="or" skip_if_null="true" />
							<record get_property="HdBk" test_mode="equal" value="true" comparison_mode="or" skip_if_null="true" />
						</list>
						<integer id="set_property" value="hidn" />
					</attachment>
		</widget>

and then comment it out or delete the widget and see if thats what you're after

remember to always make a copy of the working file, so you always have a working backup if something goes wrong

28 minutes ago, snowofman said:

the yellow? if you mean the background i believe thats part of the background picture

try and look for that in the client object browser

look for this

<widget class="inner_contrast_box" appearance="boxes/custom/interface/content/primary/paper">
			<layout class="stick_to_object_attachment" id="align_top" get_side="top" set_side="top" target="mai1"/>
			<layout class="stick_to_object_attachment" id="align_bottom" get_side="bottom" set_side="bottom" target="mai1"/>
			<layout class="stick_to_object_attachment" id="align_right" get_side="right" use_recursive_search="true" set_side="left" target="side"/>
			<layout class="stick_to_object_attachment" id="align_right" get_side="left" set_side="left" target="mai1"/>

<animation class="translate_animation" start_value="0, 0.2" end_value="0, 0" duration="0.4" end_mode="hold_end" tween="ease_out" coord_mode="relative_to_screen" />
					<attachment class="test_multiple_globals_attachment" default_value="false">
						<list id="get_properties">
							<record get_property="MatS" test_mode="equal" value="true" skip_if_null="true" />
							<!-- PROP_FULL_SCREEN_3D_BEING_DRAWN -->
							<record get_property="Ma3D" test_mode="equal" value="true" comparison_mode="or" skip_if_null="true" />
							<record get_property="HdBk" test_mode="equal" value="true" comparison_mode="or" skip_if_null="true" />
						</list>
						<integer id="set_property" value="hidn" />
					</attachment>
		</widget>

and then comment it out or delete the widget and see if thats what you're after

remember to always make a copy of the working file, so you always have a working backup if something goes wrong

Thanks i just deleted the whole section and its now gone thank you :)

Afternoon all

For the life of me i think ive just confused myself on this and getting the alignment right. So with the help of chatgpt ive been learning what all the terms are and how they interact to a degree. Ideally i want to push the magnification icon across with the text "SERIE C + Holders - Reggiana" across so that its tidier. I can seem to understand or make out what im affecting sometimes as theres no change visually on screen. At those points i revert back and then look for another formatting attribute that i think will affect the area. 

Ive played with offset, inset, gap all to no joy atm

image.thumb.png.5acdc2f6c44abe886087224d89d6356c.png

51 minutes ago, Mark8213 said:

what panel controls the yellow (RED BOX) thanksimage.thumb.png.e89e535e4582427fe1decaca1b543018.png

I "think" it's "competition fixtures item panel overview.xml"

and if not, then it's one of the other competition fixture files

Just looking through the person properties, just wondered how I would call this into the player overview.

<!--shirt number in a coloured circle-->
		<record>
			<integer id="id" value="PsnC" />
			<integer id="width" value="30" />
			<translation id="name" translation_id="229797" type="use" value="Squad Number" />
			<flags id="customisation_context" value="none" />
			<translation id="category" translation_id="248359" type="use" value="General" />
			<integer id="minimum_width" value="30" />
			<record id="widget_info">
				<symbol id="class" value="property_list_viewer_xml_panel" />
				<string id="file" value="widgets/background picture label" />
				<boolean id="dont_set_object" value="true" />
			</record>
			<record id="column_widget_properties">
				<flags id="alignment" value="centre" />
			</record>
			<record id="column_heading">
				<flags id="alignment" value="left,centre_y" />
				<translation id="text" translation_id="247480" type="use" value="No.[COMMENT - squad number column on team squad panel]" />
				<translation id="hint" translation_id="229797" type="use" value="Squad Number" />
			</record>
		</record>

6 hours ago, hyrule_king said:

Just looking through the person properties, just wondered how I would call this into the player overview.

<!--shirt number in a coloured circle-->
		<record>
			<integer id="id" value="PsnC" />
			<integer id="width" value="30" />
			<translation id="name" translation_id="229797" type="use" value="Squad Number" />
			<flags id="customisation_context" value="none" />
			<translation id="category" translation_id="248359" type="use" value="General" />
			<integer id="minimum_width" value="30" />
			<record id="widget_info">
				<symbol id="class" value="property_list_viewer_xml_panel" />
				<string id="file" value="widgets/background picture label" />
				<boolean id="dont_set_object" value="true" />
			</record>
			<record id="column_widget_properties">
				<flags id="alignment" value="centre" />
			</record>
			<record id="column_heading">
				<flags id="alignment" value="left,centre_y" />
				<translation id="text" translation_id="247480" type="use" value="No.[COMMENT - squad number column on team squad panel]" />
				<translation id="hint" translation_id="229797" type="use" value="Squad Number" />
			</record>
		</record>

No idea if it would work, but i'd go for

<widget class="property_list_viewer_xml_panel" file="widgets/background picture label">
   <record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt"/>
  </widget>

1 hour ago, TCSSkin said:

No idea if it would work, but i'd go for

<widget class="property_list_viewer_xml_panel" file="widgets/background picture label">
   <record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt"/>
  </widget>

Cheers for the help. 

How long does it take to make a skin?
What are tools needed?
What are the stages if you broke it down into a 3 to 5 stage process?

Might have ago but don't have the time to research much. I'm sure if I got start, with these answers, that might encourage me to do more and drop other things I'm playing about with.

2 hours ago, Delicate Dave said:

What are tools needed?

Might have ago but don't have the time to research much. I'm sure if I got start, with these answers, that might encourage me to do more and drop other things I'm playing about with.

It all depends on how much you want to change / custom make etc. But it takes many hours, weeks and months in worst case

Notepad++ as minimum as it's free and has line numbers - personaly i use Editplus as it also have code colours

there is not "stages per say"

i link a few pages where you can see informations and how to extract default pages from the game

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/455877-fm19guide-how-to-extract-the-default-game-files/

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/61024-guide-skinning-bible/

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/419741-fm18-skinning-graphics-knowledge-base/#comment-11505334

base skin can be downloaded here

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/578692-fm24skin-football-manager-2024-base-skins/

12 hours ago, Delicate Dave said:

What are tools needed?

time and tools are completely individual.  someone has been doing something for several years, but there is no result.  someone does not want to look for anything himself, but asks elementary questions on the forum.  in my opinion, you need to have

1. an resource archiver and unpacked all FMF files

2. a good file manager that can search for files by content and normally display the search result

3. a good text editor that can highlight code and rgb colors

4. it is highly desirable to use github or similar to have  be able to track changes and, in the case of errors not immediately detected, be able to go back 3, 5, 10 iterations

5. you need a file comparator by content

2 hours ago, Olas Nick said:

time and tools are completely individual.  someone has been doing something for several years, but there is no result.  someone does not want to look for anything himself, but asks elementary questions on the forum.  in my opinion, you need to have

1. an resource archiver and unpacked all FMF files

2. a good file manager that can search for files by content and normally display the search result

3. a good text editor that can highlight code and rgb colors

4. it is highly desirable to use github or similar to have  be able to track changes and, in the case of errors not immediately detected, be able to go back 3, 5, 10 iterations

5. you need a file comparator by content

Thanks, it's as I thought really, I've done plenty of coding in the past and I used to skin browsers and make things in VB. I don't think I'll have the passion for it now at 64 so I'll leave it to you youngins :).