[FM24][HELP]Random and Small Skinning Questions

TCSSkin

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, snowofman said:

1 - part with background (graphics/boxes/custom/interface/tab bar) 
2 - part with buttons (graphics/tabs/standard/normal/top

Quick question. With regards to number 1, is it possible to create a seperate version of that graphic just to use on match day screens?

So i've added in this (below) to display the role/position suitability - it works however when i place a player in another role it doesn't update the pie until i've click out of the screen and gone back in again... is there anything i'm either doing wrong or can add to make it update?

<container>
<
widget class="position_role_duty_suitability_pie" id="prdF" width="18" height="18" scale_picture="true">
<
layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="right" inset="5"/>
<
layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="12"/>
</
widget>
</
container>
Edited by oi_oi_ginger_roy

16 minutes ago, oi_oi_ginger_roy said:

So i've added in this (below) to display the role/position suitability - it works however when i place a player in another role it doesn't update the pie until i've click out of the screen and gone back in again... is there anything i'm either doing wrong or can add to make it update?

<container>
<
widget class="position_role_duty_suitability_pie" id="prdF" width="18" height="18" scale_picture="true">
<
layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="right" inset="5"/>
<
layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="12"/>
</
widget>
</
container>

you're probably missing a class file

3 minutes ago, snowofman said:

you're probably missing a class file

The circles display and all work - they just don't update until i've gone out and back in... They also work if i move the player into a different position on the field, its just if i amend their role and don't move them

Any idea what class i would be missing?

12 minutes ago, oi_oi_ginger_roy said:

The circles display and all work - they just don't update until i've gone out and back in... They also work if i move the player into a different position on the field, its just if i amend their role and don't move them

Any idea what class i would be missing?

Sry wasnt a class i was thinking of.

it was a widget - pie condition label mixed - But as it's showing you surely have that, maybe you've placed the code in a wrong place in the file.

22 minutes ago, snowofman said:

Sry wasnt a class i was thinking of.

it was a widget - pie condition label mixed - But as it's showing you surely have that, maybe you've placed the code in a wrong place in the file.

tactics icon info panel overview.xml

This is the file - i'm using TCS and just added in the code above... i'm not actually sure what else i need to do lol

Here's what happens:

https://i.postimg.cc/FzK5DFkN/ezgif-com-optimize.gif

Edited by oi_oi_ginger_roy

10 minutes ago, oi_oi_ginger_roy said:

tactics icon info panel overview.xml 10.99 kB · 0 downloads

This is the file - i'm using TCS and just added in the code above... i'm not actually sure what else i need to do lol

Here's what happens:

https://i.postimg.cc/FzK5DFkN/ezgif-com-optimize.gif

not quite sure where the problem is as i'm having the same issue myself.

though i havnt looked into the problem

4 minutes ago, snowofman said:

Have you tried searching for it ?

i know it's been mentioned alot of times, i just can't remember where
But probably in settings somewhere

Yes, I have set

<colour name="substitutes_line" red="28" green="32" blue="42"/>

Changed it to 255, 255, 255 to check out if it helps but this is what i get (white boxes in squad panel - this is how it should work) but sub panel doesn't change

209571037_.png.f7d82f6cf88ffd6c064d096377ea25eb.png

2 hours ago, RussoTuristo said:

Yes, I have set

<colour name="substitutes_line" red="28" green="32" blue="42"/>

Changed it to 255, 255, 255 to check out if it helps but this is what i get (white boxes in squad panel - this is how it should work) but sub panel doesn't change

209571037_.png.f7d82f6cf88ffd6c064d096377ea25eb.png

mine are linked to graphics\boxes\main\contrast\paper.xml

image.png.8389d2d3a0e8a3a4c37883991f56c6d0.png

4 hours ago, Jamie Aubrey said:

Which section controls this overview panel so I could add the list of staff if you click on the coaching section etc  

image.png.874c26e7acac75ffbbaa6361b3c20f51.pngimage.png.833adb97ab69a6d3a2924126e23ece54.png

panels/team/team staff subteam vertical.xml. This is what I have.

Spoiler
<panel>
  <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" inset="0"/>

<container class="bordered_box" appearance="">
    <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" layout="290,1,230,1,-1" offset="0" gap="3"/>
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" apply_to_children="true" inset="0"/>

<widget class="team_staff_subteam_overview_panel" id="ovvw" link="true"/>
	<widget class="horizontal_divider" file="dividers/horizontal"/>
    <widget class="team_staff_attributes_comparison_panel" id="tsac"/>
	<widget class="horizontal_divider" file="dividers/horizontal"/>
	<widget class="team_container_staff_details_panel" id="deta" />
  </container>

</panel>

3 minutes ago, Sport Lacost said:

Thanks! Where do I find the xml file to make the alterations? Apologies, but I'm a complete novice at this so don't know where I'm looking.

as i havnt seen the files used by Kojuro, i would try looking for titlebar search panel.xml and see which font is used and then go to the font folder and change what you need to change (see the previous attached post)

On 13/11/2023 at 11:51, GIMN said:

Damned news articles.  I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but is there a way, when clicking on a news article, to control where the popup appears?

For example, here:

image.thumb.png.4215b2588cea1c6089b0236e741e0a60.png

I have the news articles in a container.  To get the full story, you need to click on the article as per usual.  That then brings up the pop-up, on top of an overlay.  From what I can gather it aligns the popup to the centre, as if it's using the full screen, but cuts off based on container location.  I can't see anything in the competition news panel that sets the target, so have a feeling this will be set by another xml somewhere, but can't for the life of me work it what/where.  Any help would be appreciated!!

In case anyone else is wondering, this is controlled by dialogs/modal popup dialog.xml.

Unfortunately, I've been unable to bring the panel above the original container, but by adding an additional stick_to_sides_attachment with apply_to_children, like so...

<container class="modal_sheet" id="mdsh" darkened="true" can_click_outside_to_cancel="true">
  <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" inset="0"/>
  <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0"/>

...I can get it to fill the container it is inside.

image.thumb.png.53259447aed6a563336b67760510fedd.png

With a few tweaks to competition/competition news item.xml, as @snowofman mentioned, I can probably make some aesthetic changes to make it look better.

7 minutes ago, GIMN said:

In case anyone else is wondering, this is controlled by dialogs/modal popup dialog.xml.

Unfortunately, I've been unable to bring the panel above the original container, but by adding an additional stick_to_sides_attachment with apply_to_children, like so...

<container class="modal_sheet" id="mdsh" darkened="true" can_click_outside_to_cancel="true">
  <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0"/>

...I can get it to fill the container it is inside.

image.thumb.png.53259447aed6a563336b67760510fedd.png

With a few tweaks to competition/competition news item.xml, as @snowofman mentioned, I can probably make some aesthetic changes to make it look better.

Nice find :) and if the workaround works, it's all good.. 

Are there any files we don't get using the Resource Archiver?

I'm in the competition stages panel and would like to adjust the season-selection button:

<!-- menu bar area -->
<container id="stba" embed_in_frame="true">
	<attachment_group class="title_embedded_panel_right"/>
	<!-- the year menu: visible if more than one year stored -->
		<widget class="embedded_season_selection_list" id="yrpb" auto_size="horizontal" sele="acyr" height="30" reverse_function="true" embed_in_frame="true" />
</container>

but I don't find the data for the embedded_season_selection_list class.

Edited by sebastian_starttrbts

45 minutes ago, sebastian_starttrbts said:

Are there any files we don't get using the Resource Archiver?

I'm in the competition stages panel and would like to adjust the season-selection button:

<!-- menu bar area -->
<container id="stba" embed_in_frame="true">
	<attachment_group class="title_embedded_panel_right"/>
	<!-- the year menu: visible if more than one year stored -->
		<widget class="embedded_season_selection_list" id="yrpb" auto_size="horizontal" sele="acyr" height="30" reverse_function="true" embed_in_frame="true" />
</container>

but I don't find the data for the embedded_season_selection_list class.

there is files to extract in 2 folders

and some of the classes is hardcoded and can't be found/changed

but the file you seek is in classes

embedded_season_selection_list.xml

52 minutes ago, snowofman said:

there is files to extract in 2 folders

and some of the classes is hardcoded and can't be found/changed

but the file you seek is in classes

embedded_season_selection_list.xml 428 B · 1 download

I've looked in the classes folder, but there was noch such file. Therefore I may have not extracted the right data before. EDIT: I've tried again and I found it. :)

Since I'm not that experienced when it comes to classes:

I created a classes-folder with the file inside the skin folder and restarted FM. But now the button isn't visible anymore. If I remove the classes folder again and reload the skin, the button appears again.

7 minutes ago, sebastian_starttrbts said:

I've looked in the classes folder, but there was noch such file. Therefore I may have not extracted the right data before.

I created a classes-folder with the file inside the skin folder and restarted FM. But now the button isn't visible anymore. If I remove the classes folder again and reload the skin, the button appears again.

have you unticked "use caching to decrease loading time" and cleared the cache and reloaded the skin ?

20 minutes ago, sebastian_starttrbts said:

I've looked in the classes folder, but there was noch such file. Therefore I may have not extracted the right data before. EDIT: I've tried again and I found it. :)

You'll need a config to load the classes in your folder. I made this mistake last year when messing around with classes for the first time. 

26 minutes ago, snowofman said:

have you unticked "use caching to decrease loading time" and cleared the cache and reloaded the skin ?

Got it :) I inserted the whole "classes"-folder (AND therefore the config as well) and it worked

But unfortunately it seems like there's no way to remove the < and > buttons, but at least I tried :) Thank you :)

Screenshot2023-11-15at15_40_32.png.9b41b089f6475ff65e72bde2db97a500.png

5 minutes ago, sebastian_starttrbts said:

Got it :) I inserted the whole "classes"-folder (AND therefore the config as well) and it worked

But unfortunately it seems like there's no way to remove the < and > buttons, but at least I tried :) Thank you :)

Screenshot2023-11-15at15_40_32.png.9b41b089f6475ff65e72bde2db97a500.png

yeah the config file as @johnwalker said is important :) and tbf, not the first thing i think is missing when ppl have problems
but glad you sorted it out, but sad you didnt make the changes you wanted

I'm using the Tato skin and I'm absolutely loving it, but I wanted to make the logos on the calendar, when you go through the days, looked zoomed in like in other skins. Any idea on how to do this? Also, I wanted to reduce panels or change them in the club overview, because at 1440p the kits look too big and get a little pixelated if you don't have 3 kits.

3 minutes ago, Razor940 said:

I'm using the Tato skin and I'm absolutely loving it, but I wanted to make the logos on the calendar, when you go through the days, looked zoomed in like in other skins. Any idea on how to do this? Also, I wanted to reduce panels or change them in the club overview, because at 1440p the kits look too big and get a little pixelated if you don't have 3 kits.

I believe the picture is added in this file

calendar detailed event panel auto sized.xml

about reducing panels, have you ask @Wozzie if it's something he could assist on ? unless you have experience it would be faster this way.

But else you'll have to edit the layouts of all the pages where you want panels smaller or bigger and it can take quite a long time

Just a thought :)

1 hora atrás, snowofman disse:

I believe the picture is added in this file

calendar detailed event panel auto sized.xml

about reducing panels, have you ask @Wozzie if it's something he could assist on ? unless you have experience it would be faster this way.

But else you'll have to edit the layouts of all the pages where you want panels smaller or bigger and it can take quite a long time

Just a thought :)

Where should I find this and what should I do in it? Last year I was always finding this on skins, this year I only find it on streamers skins.

2 minutes ago, Razor940 said:

Where should I find this and what should I do in it? Last year I was always finding this on skins, this year I only find it on streamers skins.

There is alot of skins who has it, so i would just try a few and locate one who has it as you like then see how it made and go from there.

if you as said above have no experience or interest in learning, just ask the creator if you can take the file(s) for personal use. :) 
The file itself going into the "generic" folder in the skin

6 minutos atrás, snowofman disse:

There is alot of skins who has it, so i would just try a few and locate one who has it as you like then see how it made and go from there.

if you as said above have no experience or interest in learning, just ask the creator if you can take the file(s) for personal use. :) 
The file itself going into the "generic" folder in the skin

Thank you very much.

Popup Quick Sub. match/match team squad quick sub.xml, match/match team squad quick sub subs.xml

How do I add a player instructions(PI) button? Or did the player's instructions(PI) appear when clicking on the name?

image.thumb.png.c7f0ac8d2314abe591489d12bff6be24.png

Edited by bahmet

10 minutes ago, &lt;&lt;Macaco-RJ88&gt;&gt; said:

Hi!

Would anyone know how to add the "Top scorer" player instead of Vice-Captain in the Club Overview panel?

Thanks in advance.

Shoulod be able to just replace the current ID and class from the vice captain with

id="Tstg" and class="player_stat_text"

2 minutes ago, HighonBelvita said:

Hi, which file and what XML tag can I modify to change the default orange accent colour in fm24? image.thumb.png.556436e4bcc0838709248033734c5a9b.png

the settings file 

title controls alot of it

for the underline of the menu button, you might have to look at the graphics

graphics/tabs/standard/normal/top

This may be a stupid Q but does anyone know if there’s a way to get rid of the start up screen once the game loads?

I’m talking about the screen with your manager standing there and the game options showing? I’d rather just have a blank screen than the manager avatar standing there.

28 minutes ago, Sport Lacost said:

This may be a stupid Q but does anyone know if there’s a way to get rid of the start up screen once the game loads?

I’m talking about the screen with your manager standing there and the game options showing? I’d rather just have a blank screen than the manager avatar standing there.

just add a picture or a 1 colour picture to be on top

lots of skins have some kind of picture, look at how they have done it :)