• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

I make more than you with TNS.....

I guess I have to catch you then. :D

3 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

That game in hand will probably be the difference in the title race since Grobinas isn't giving up.

It's going right down to the wire!

c42l2wj.png

E2nCA5y.png

Ief3aAI.png

There were no surprises in the semis, which set up a repeat of last year's cup final between us and Grobiņas. If we win, we'll become the first club to win it four times in a row and we'll be tied with Skonto for most wins in the competition's history. If we don't... well, I guess I'm going to be slightly disappointed.

Md6SmFJ.png

W3aq0hV.png

7SKrKbz.png

5KfCXjk.png

KohlUtP.png

They are a strong team in the league, but for the second time in a row they completely fell apart in the cup final. A rather easy win for us in the end, even if it did take us some time to get firing on all cylinders. Now let's get the job done in the league.

kIykJox.png

Artjoms Laizāns' Management Career - October 2035 - FK RFS

Virslīga

SXxEf48.png

Ni7QDij.png

A win against Riga in the final game of the month would have seen us crowned champions, unfortunately we fell short after a tough game. A special mention goes to Markov, who came on off the bench in the 75th minute against Super Nova and scored an incredible four goals to give us a win in a match where we really struggled.

Latvijas Kauss

0ojH1O6.png

Two good performances allow us to retain the trophy and become the first team ever to win it four times in a row. Sadly the goal scored by Tukums means that they hold onto their record.

UEFA Champions League

LdukpNh.png

kZFbP0R.png

We put up a good fight at one of Europe's legendary stadiums in Glasgow. Unfortunately this time it just wasn't enough. Markov has now scored three goals in three league phase games, something that might draw some attention.

vXUlZHG.png

rsD5yVc.png

XUPCYq6.png

3mY8YiV.png

qQcRLRS.png

YRASVET.png

A second big win over Grobiņas in the space of just three days gives us the league title with two games to spare. Credit where it's due, they might have crumbled in the end, but they did give us a good challenge throughout the season.

FMHKwtp.png

Now here's an interesting option. Jagiellonia are a Polish team currently sitting 13th in the league after 14 games. You might remember that they eliminated us from the Conference League last season. They're a club with a lot of potential, a nice 22K stadium in one of the biggest cities in Poland and a decent youth system. Even though I've just signed a new contract at RFS, this would be a step up and also a realistic career move. I've attended the interview, let's see what happens.

kIykJox.png

Artjoms Laizāns' Management Career - November 2035 - FK RFS

Virslīga

suy11Gj.png

oCzDnTn.png

In the end we win the league with a five point advantage and improve our own record, scoring four more goals than last season. It's a real pity that Grobiņas fell apart so badly right at the end, they deserved to finish runners-up.

UEFA Champions League

kGDkiPd.png

ZHKkTj0.png

Another night to remember in the Champions League as we fight back from two goals down at Juventus to equalise with a quickfire double. They scored a late goal to bury us in the end, but it was still a fantastic performance.

We put up a good fight at one of Europe's legendary stadiums in Glasgow. Unfortunately this time it just wasn't enough. Markov has now scored three goals in three league phase games, something that might draw some attention.

cB0sePV.png

It's not an easy decision to make, but I think there's only one outcome here. I've won everything I could at RFS, bringing home the league & cup double twice. More importantly, I've taken them to the Champions League group stage, which realistically would absolutely be the ceiling for a Latvian club. Of course, that brings massive money and I could probably go on, bringing in better players and further developing the club. However, you know that I want a journey as realistic as possible and it's probably time to move on. I negotiated my wage up to £875 p/w, which is less than I had at RFS but it's comparable to other managers in Poland, if you exclude the biggest clubs (which makes sense).

StKKJyd.png

Artjoms Laizāns' Management Career - New Club - Jagiellonia Białystok

H36GZkl.png

Another big moment for the save, my first job outside of Latvia after 12 years of managing at both club and national team levels. It feels like a nice realistic step given Poland and Latvia's proximity, the status and reputation of both RFS and Jagiellonia, and just how much I've achieved at my previous club (and don't forget the previous two clubs) in such a short time. Also the Jagiellonia board may remember how close we came to knocking them out of Europe just over a year ago!

Club Name: Jagiellonia Białystok
Nickname: Jaga
Year Founded: 1920
Stadium: Stadion Miejski w Białymstoku (22,372 all-seater)

OXTchAn.png

zVCSHJp.png

This is a really good starting point in my opinion. We have some very good players for the Ekstraklasa level already, with Eduardo FelicissimoGaetano De Ceglia, and Igor Strzałek as the best ones on paper at the moment. Ideally I'd like to transform the squad a little bit, focusing more on players from Poland and other Slavic countries, similarly to what I did in my Unia Janikowo saves a few years ago. Given the nature of this save, I'm also going to try to bring in some Latvian talent as soon as I get the chance. However, even with what we have now this club should be way above 14th in the league table.

s6SxSAP.png

The board just want a mid-table finish and it's something I feel we should be able to exceed. Looking at the squad, I can see how they were able to finish in European places last season. It's a good team with lots of potential and I really hope I can immediately improve our league standing. I'll be using my traditional 4-3-3 with inverted wing backs, a half back, and two mezzalas transforming us into a 3-2-5 structure in possession. Given that FM doesn't give me enough tools to properly replicate the version of 4-3-3 I've used in my real life coaching journey, I might as well go with what's popular and what I know how to make work within the game's limitations.

Edited by Rikulec

StKKJyd.png

Artjoms Laizāns' Management Career - November 2035 - Jagiellonia Białystok

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

qVM52Zr.png

ywrGmJ5.png

Two games against strong opponents to start off and in both we were second best. Luckily we somehow managed to snatch a late win against Lech, which keeps us out of the relegation zone.

6 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

Fantastic write up. Thank you so much.

Clear and concise

You're welcome. :thup: There's a decent example of what we tried to do in the video below at 36:56:

Notice how our #6 moves in relation to the opposition's #20 as soon as she realises the ball is going to be played to the centre back. A nice sequence follows with all players involved making the right movements and occupying the right spaces. All the passes were their decisions.

Edited by Rikulec

StKKJyd.png

Artjoms Laizāns' Management Career - December 2035 - Jagiellonia Białystok

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

GRTlU3E.png

58cCtnm.png

A very good month for us with two wins elevating us to 10th. Ndong got his chance as part of our rotation system and it's safe to say he's probably going to stay in the starting XI for a while!

Puchar Polski

wfvzx5W.png

We improved on our performance in the league and deservedly beat one of the strongest Polish teams.

We're through to the quarter finals, where we'll face GKS Katowice from the league below us.

StKKJyd.png

Artjoms Laizāns' Management Career - January 2036 - Jagiellonia Białystok

Friendlies

lvmTPrN.png

A disappointing draw against Olimpia Zambrów followed by a positive surprise of beating Ludogorets.

Transfers

pF7u7Ou.png

We've sold some players to make room for new ones coming in February.

StKKJyd.png

Artjoms Laizāns' Management Career - February 2036 - Jagiellonia Białystok

Friendlies

6NqeAbl.png

One more big win over lower league opposition.

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

TcrbsqY.png

Z5TFMih.png

Pogoń was an even game that we were unlucky to lose and we should have probably beaten Piast. We're moving in the right direction though and with steady progress I think we should be able to finish in the top half.

Puchar Polski

OJnWV8h.png

We made it difficult for ourselves with an awful first half that saw us concede first. Thankfully we turned it around and won it thanks to a fantastic curling shot from Strzałek late on.

We got Radomiak at home in the semi final. Win that and it's Lechia or Miedź in the final, both of whom are currently in the Ekstraklasa relegation zone.

Transfers

asqusbV.png

Clearing out some more deadwood, although I probably wouldn't have sold Radzio. The deal had already been agreed when I came in though.

jKOG0Tj.png

Now for the incomings.

Samuel Seman - a backup centre back who seems like he could still improve.

Franciszek Saganowski - he might be approaching 30, but he's well rounded and I hope he still had a couple of good seasons in him.

Maksym Shvets - a proper steal, this guy should help Strzałek run our midfield.

Dmitrijs Bitāns - come on, you all know I just had to sign him. :D

Frantisek Beno - an exciting young winger who scored just five minutes into his debut after coming on off the bench against Radomiak in the league.

Gazmend Mehmeti - another backup centre back, not very likely to get a lot of minutes.

In addition, we promoted Stanisław Szary to the first team.

StKKJyd.png

Artjoms Laizāns' Management Career - March 2036 - Jagiellonia Białystok

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

y953P5v.png

ppunFGN.png

A poor month really. The players aren't fond of some of the moves we made in the winter transfer window and it's having a big impact on their confidence on the pitch. The sooner they get over it, the sooner we might be able to find some consistency and hopefully build up a bit of positive momentum.

Youth Intake

kVVdOXm.png

The personalities aren't the greatest, but with so much potential I hope at least one of these lads makes the first team at some point.

Wiktor Nocoń

Damian Lauryn

Igor Majewski

Paweł Mazurek

Quite the bit of catching up there. Excellent work with RFS, glad you decided to take the realistic move to the polish outfit, another place you can develop your style and grow the club. 

but my favourite bit your write up about your real life style. Wonderful insight 

5 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Quite the bit of catching up there. Excellent work with RFS, glad you decided to take the realistic move to the polish outfit, another place you can develop your style and grow the club. 

but my favourite bit your write up about your real life style. Wonderful insight 

Thanks man, I'm happy that you like it!

StKKJyd.png

Artjoms Laizāns' Management Career - April 2036 - Jagiellonia Białystok

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

T1uwcEJ.png

krQNovn.png

The players have dropped their concerns and the effect has come immediately. Three wins in a row shoot us all the way up to 7th, but losing to Lechia means that we could still drop a few places given how tight the mid-table is and that we face Śląsk, Lech, and Widzew in our last three games.

Puchar Polski

pdxbxPc.png

Yes! They got a red card in the second half and probably were lucky to take the game to extra time, but that's when Maksym Shvets stepped up to score two goals and sent us to the final. What a chance to grab my first piece of silverware in Poland.

In the final we're up against relegation-doomed Miedź, who beat Lechia on penalties.

pFtaqPN.png

XiB2iH3.png

YAn30WI.png

Here we are then. For us this is the fourth cup final appearance in the club's history, one win and two defeats to our name. Miedź have only been in the final once and claimed the trophy back in 1992. Based on our league positions, reputation, and the quality of players at our disposal, we should be the favourites here. We all know how these games can go sometimes though and we have to be fully concentrated for the whole 90 minutes, or 120 if we have to. I really do feel like this is a game we should be winning.

On a side note, there's no way that it would only attract 17K spectators. I guess I can suspend my disbelief since it's 2036 and many things might have changed, blah blah blah. It is what it is.

FobrWaw.png

nL8SwHu.png

IZRQRLg.png

FVZbCKZ.png

kM4EQIn.png

Yes! My word, what a game that was! We got off to the best possible start, scoring less than forty seconds in. After that the game turned pretty dire, with us creating the odd chance here and there, until suddenly out of nowhere Miedź got their equaliser. That goal gave them momentum and brought about a difficult moment for us, thankfully this time it was us who turned things around by getting back in front with just ten minutes to go. Game over? Anything but, as proven by Miedź equalising again in the 85th minute. And just as I was getting ready for extra time, Bitāns set up Shvets with a wonderful pass and the Ukrainian blasted it into the back of the net with 94 minutes on the clock. Incredible drama and a happy ending for us. I'm so happy to have already won a trophy in Poland!

StKKJyd.png

Artjoms Laizāns' Management Career - May 2036 - Jagiellonia Białystok

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

OcFmJKg.png

1bd7tNq.png

Frustratingly, we let a two goal slip to lose against Cracovia. We did however go from that to grabbing seven points from three games against strong opponents, which in the end means we finish 6th. Not bad, seeing as I took over down in 14th!

Puchar Polski

Ndn9bYz.png

A proper thriller of a cup final, out of which we eventually come out of on top. All hail Maksym Shvets!

StKKJyd.png

Artjoms Laizāns' Management Career - Season Review - 2035/36 - Jagiellonia Białystok

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

Results (Jul-Oct) - Results (Nov-Mar) (red line marks my arrival) - Results (Apr-May)

Competition Performance: 6th

After a woeful start to the season it's no wonder that the board decided to let the previous manager go. Thanks to the quality of the squad I inherited the mission of turning the ship around turned out to be relatively straightforward. Given how the league went, I think 6th was the absolute best we could have possibly achieved and I'm happy to have done that.

Puchar Polski

Competition Performance: Winners

Perhaps the biggest surprise of the season was our cup run. After we knocked out Lech, we didn't really come up against a proper strong side as they seemed to eliminate each other. We still had to fight our way to claiming the trophy though and pretty much every opponent gave us a real game. In the end we won the damn thing though, which is great.

UEFA Europa Conference League

Competition Performance: Play-off

The previous boss did well to get through two qualifying rounds, but then they lost big to a Bosnian side.

Squad (1) - Squad (2)

I think I can safely admit that I'm addicted to rebuilding teams. :lol: This feels like a real work in progress now, we clearly need a right back, a centre back, and probably a striker and a goalkeeper just for starters. A lot of things can happen in the pre-season though and it's hard to predict the direction it might go in. Erdem Gökçe is set to be released after his contract runs out and Alexis Beka Beka has decided to retire at the end of his.

Transfers (1) (red lines mark my arrival) - Transfers (2)Transfers (3)Finances

A lot of activity going both ways just to prove that I do have a bad habit. Probably the worst transfers into the club were the ones made by my predecessor, who brought in three rather average players. I'm happy to have made a profit.

We seem to be fairly comfortably in the block, however I feel like we need big sales or European money each year in order to be self-sustainable.

Player of the Season

1st - Viljami Sinisalo - it's nice to finally have a quality shot stopper between the sticks that I've really grown to trust. 12 clean sheets in 28 appearances is a good return, and this is backed by an average rating over 7 in the league and also the eye test. Without him we certainly wouldn't have got as high in the table.

2nd - Maksym Shvets - even though he's only been at the club since February, he's already become one of our key players and a bit of a cult hero thanks to his goals in the cup. The 94th minute winner in the final was a huge moment in the club's history, I believe. Even though he hasn't scored in the league yet, his six assists are a valuable contribution too.

3rd - Johan Ndong - while our striker's form might have been a little patchy, 10 league goals (all of which were scored after I came into the club) are a good return and he won plenty of valuable points for us. We might still end up looking to improve on him though in the summer.

Next Season

I think this season has shown that with a few improvements here and there we could be challenging for the European spots, which has to be the aim for Jagiellonia. Getting into the Europa League or Conference League group stage would be a massive boost as well. However, the Lech Poznań manager is retiring at the end of this season and honestly I'd be a fool not to apply for this job. Lech are one of the biggest clubs in Poland and they have massive potential to build something even bigger. Moreover, they're my favourite club in real life. I'm going to carry on as normal with Jagiellonia in terms of preparing for the new season, but also try to secure that move for myself. It feels realistic after immediately making an impact and winning silverware having just arrived in Poland.

StKKJyd.png

Artjoms Laizāns' Management Career - Season Preview - 2036/37 - Jagiellonia Białystok

Board Expectations:

PKO BP Ekstraklasa: Top half finish
Puchar Polski: Quarter Final
Superpuchar Polski: Be competitive
UEFA Europa League: Be competitive

My Expectations:

PKO BP Ekstraklasa: If I end up staying, I'd like to challenge for a top 3 finish.
Puchar Polski: A lot depends on the draw we get. With a bit of luck I hope for a decent run.
Superpuchar Polski: Not important.
UEFA Europa League: It would be great to get at least into the Conference League proper.

Budgets:

Transfer: £4,839,220
Wage: £145,392 (currently spending £136,035)
Balance: £8,135,242

oMH6DG3.png

Seven months at Jagiellonia, one Polish Cup, and it's already over. After a bit of negotiation I eventually signed for £1,2K p/w,

RfzsIlw.png

Artjoms Laizāns' Management Career - New Club - Lech Poznań

bMvb4J3.png

I know I've said it already when I took over at RFS, but now I feel like this is really the right time to finally build a proper long-term project and stay at one club for more than a couple of seasons.

Club Name: KKS Lech Poznań
Nickname: Kolejorz
Year Founded: 1922
Stadium: Stadion Poznań (41,609 all-seater)

w7z6CrF.png

mPPlfLD.png

Plenty of quality in the squad, with Karol BorysEric RoudierOliver Bauer being the best players at the moment. There's one huge problem here though and it's not the fact that half of the squad is wanted by other clubs. In fact, that might actually be the solution...

0AKl6qt.png

The expectations are really high here. We're supposed to get through three qualifying rounds and the league phase in the Europa Conference League while also challenging for both domestic trophies. And that's not even the worst part.

78IC2vX.png

Spending £400K per week on wages in the Polish league? The Polish league that's currently ranked 18th in Europe? I mean, what the ****? They made a loss of £13,7M while getting to the Europa Conference League round of 32! Those numbers right here are absolutely mad and it's going to take a lot of work to get the club back on track on the financial front. That means selling a lot of players and probably promoting some kids from the academy, seeing as we're only going to be able to use 5% of the transfer income we generate. Did I say something about being addicted to rebuilds? :lol:

Another thing is the long-term project I mentioned above. Yes, I want to stay at Lech for a few years and not allow myself to be tempted by clubs from stronger leagues should things go well. As I've already said, Lech is a club I support in real life and I feel they have the potential to become one of the biggest clubs in this part of the world, a local dominant force with a strong presence in Europe (think FC Copenhagen or Dinamo Zagreb). Moreover, I also feel Poland as a country should be way stronger than we are now. I mean, an almost 40 million country in the heart of Europe really should be doing better. Therefore, I'm setting myself the following aims for this part of the save:
- have Lech become the highest ranked and most reputable out of all Central European clubs (and throw in ex-Yugoslavian for good measure);
- have the Polish league become a top 10 European league both in terms of reputation and the coefficient ranking, also higher than any of the other nations falling into the above categories
- only sign players from Central European, Eastern European/ex-Soviet, ex-Yugoslavian, or Baltic countries.

Let's turn this place into a real powerhouse!

2 minutes ago, DomD said:

Great start at Jegiellonia!

Good luck with the Lech job. I agree that it makes sense to apply for it and the potential there is huge.

Thanks mate! I'm happy that I was able to leave a mark on Jagiellonia, even if it was a really short stay. The cup win also makes the step up all the more realistic!

26 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

I know I've said it already when I took over at RFS, but now I feel like this is really the right time to finally build a proper long-term project and stay at one club for more than a couple of seasons.

Yeah, but this is one of your favorite clubs IRL so that could make you stay invested in the save. It is why I took the NE Revolution job in my save.

4 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Yeah, but this is one of your favorite clubs IRL so that could make you stay invested in the save. It is why I took the NE Revolution job in my save.

Hopefully it should go this way, but I have a tendency to get tempted by other, bigger clubs and move on relatively quickly (as you may have noticed).

RfzsIlw.png

Artjoms Laizāns' Management Career - Pre-Season - 2036/37 - Lech Poznań

Friendlies

pvxPPLf.png

A decent enough set of results with just the one defeat in Czechia.

Transfers

bPRfnLD.png

7YZ7CmF.png

Basically we sold a load of players just to try and sort out our finances. Just one transfer in so far and it's not one that's going to set the world on fire either.

Dainis Strods - a name I'm sure you'll recognise. One of my loyal soldiers comes in as a backup defensive midfielder.

The reserves were our real goldmine as we moved PepPiotr MularczykErnest TochukwuWaldemar ŚwiderWojciech Abramowicz, and Dawid Nowak to the first team. It's a risky strategy that could easily backfire if we start getting injuries (and remember that we're in Europe), but it's also the only real option I had for a short-term fix to our financial situation.

RfzsIlw.png

Artjoms Laizāns' Management Career - July 2036 - Lech Poznań

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

dw6gWhm.png

il2Zvit.png

On paper this looks like a great start, even if we didn't play all that well against Raków and were largely helped by their two injuries in the first half.

VzULgVr.png

Despite being seeded we got a tough opponent from Czechia. Thankfully two good performances allowed to edge this one out.

Transfers

LvuUnQ6.png

A fringe player sold for a decent fee.

yHz1D6y.png

Thanks to all the sales we were able to spend relatively big on one player.

Damian Cygnar - already looks class at 18, with good enough improvement we could be looking at a future Polish international here.

RfzsIlw.png

Artjoms Laizāns' Management Career - August 2036 - Lech Poznań

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

rEAfk6Y.png

MzXy8vQ.png

Everything was going well until we suddenly stopped scoring. Well, we simply can't afford a proper goalscorer at the moment and I guess we're going to be prone to games like Odra Opole and Bruk-Bet, where we were the better team but just couldn't find the net. Despite that, we're in a pretty good position at the moment.

YiNSoGd.png

The level of difficulty seemed to go down rather than up with each qualifying round. In the end we've made it to the league phase, which brings us some money and hopefully allows us to meet the board's expectations.

Transfers

UIf8PSj.png

One more player joins us for the duration of the season.

Martin Horny - we've accepted an offer for our starting DM José, which prompted me to look for a replacement. And before you ask, "hora" means "mountain" in Slovakian and that's where this guy's name comes from. :D

RfzsIlw.png

Artjoms Laizāns' Management Career - September 2036 - Lech Poznań

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

FxvwaT0.png

tKzJNZo.png

Jagiellonia was yet another frustrating game where we couldn't find the net despite being the better team, and we actually had to rescue a draw with a 95th minute equaliser. Thankfully the Stal Mielec game was a fantastic performance and a deserved big win, and Lechia was a tight contest where we were finally able to edge out a hard fought victory. We're just a single point off the top of the table as we head into a huge October, where we're going to face Widzew and Legia, among others.

NkIE3aQ.png

J5mfLOL.png

A confident start to the campaign. We scored two goals inside the first fifteen minutes and from there it was smooth sailing.

Transfers

d43CEL3.png

Three more sales in the final days of the transfer window, two of them quite big.

WJ4C1R0.png

Two new players coming in.

Kristian Durica - one of the best players in the Slovakian league joins us for a relatively small fee to become our new starting left back.

Szymon Przerywacz - in contrast, here I probably overpaid a bit for a guy who's only going to be a squad player.

50 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

Great signing at left back!

He does look good, unfortunately he didn't arrive in time for me to register him for Europe. Also, in the Lechia game he picked up two yellow cards out of nowhere in the 88th and 89th minute. :lol:

RfzsIlw.png

Artjoms Laizāns' Management Career - October 2036 - Lech Poznań

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

9IE0msC.png

PytUmBm.png

Yes! We've navigated through a tough month brilliantly with two wins out of three and no defeats. The same can't be said about Legia, who lost away to KGHM Zagłębie, allowing us to overtake them at the top. Let's just end the season now, shall we?

Puchar Polski

rM1dYWO.png

If you remember my cup campaign at Jagiellonia last season, you may also remember that our first game was actually Lech at home. Now it was time for a rematch and once again I ended up on the winning side, however there was some real drama here. We took a long time to switch on and needed a late equaliser to take the game to extra time (something I dreaded given our current fixture congestion). Then we got in front thanks to Borys' goal and seemed absolutely in control, until Jaga roared back with a goal out of nowhere. We did the job in the shoot-out though with Stefan Bajić saving two shots and sending us through.

We haven't exactly been blessed with a kind draw in the next round as we've got Pogoń at home.

drv2dCk.png

c7hY9Sq.png

They were simply too good for us.

RfzsIlw.png

Artjoms Laizāns' Management Career - November 2036 - Lech Poznań

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

9HCARtF.png

JnjlEIr.png

We're absolutely flying at the moment, which coupled with Legia's poor form leaves us with a huge eight point lead at the halfway point of the season.

1Fq55oj.png

J6EH8Va.png

A shocking defeat to Osijek followed by a very welcome surprise that was drawing at Lazio. We're still hanging onto a playoff spot and it's absolutely crucial that we beat Pyunik at home in our next game.

Transfers

Marian Pląskowski has been promoted to the first team.

Edited by Rikulec