The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@SkiIIs - can you offer him a lower wage with bonuses or a ridiculous signing on fee (like most of your transfer budget which you don't need anyway) - May be worth it as he looks a REAL talent.

I love getting my old youth players in as staff. He is a young one too :D 

RQ8eg18.png

2 minutos atrás, XaW disse:

I love getting my old youth players in as staff. He is a young one too :D 

RQ8eg18.png

I bet he's a better staff member than he was a player :lol:

Edited by The7Striker

3 minutes ago, The7Striker said:

I bet he's a better staff member than he was a player :lol:

Indeed he is! He got released for being crap, but is a decent scout, thought I think I could have gotten better if I wanted. But I want to keep the youngsters who don't retire altogether if I can! :D 

image.png.3fffe98ed482f589129f84b33ec00508.png

Luversense - Brazil - 2036 - Season 10 - Campeonato Brasileiro Serie A (Tier 1) - 1st (Champions)

And that's the league won!

We took a slightly different strategy in pre-season this year. In Brazil, the "pre-season" lasts from January to April as you play in the state championships. In previous seasons I'd played my first team here, but this hurt later in the seasons with fixture congestion and injuries. This year, we played the second Xi from January until March, and then put the first team in from the beginning of April to get them ready for the league season. We also played the second XI in the cup and Copa Sudamericana hoping to get knocked out as theose competitions don't matter. It all went to plan. We won our first 7 matches in the league, had a bit of a blip but then went on a run of 12 victories in a row  (including five 1 - 0 wins), which put us 13 points clear. We had a few bad performances but made it over the line. Ironically, as we were playing the last few games, we were reading about Botofogo losing a 13 point lead in the league in 2023. We were in the same position with five games to go and then took 1 point from 3 games. In the penultimate game we went 1 - 0 down, and I was thinking about the irony of losing the league whilst reading that article. But we came back to win 2 - 1 and that was the title.

Squad wise, it's mostly a finished squad. We have good quality in every position, and some okay quality as back up. I've never produced such quality from my youth team in all my years in FM. It's wonderkid after wonderkid and explosive green arrows in training - it's the joy of managing in Brazil. Jader Barbosa progressed well and was the top scorer in the league with 23 goals from 38 games. He still not natural as a striker and he's a better winger, but you can't argue with the stats.

I feel confident going into the next season winning the Copa Libertadores, but you just never know with cup comeptitions

image.png.6550f344bc927227b4c80f5bb8fb08b5.png

image.thumb.png.dc1057e260a9b7cec691034fb272a2d5.png

Current Squad

image.thumb.png.10843a1b93761838a82d346fe209597d.png

Past wonderkids - Jean Carlo (DC), Jean Carlo (DL), 

Current wonderkids - Eduardo Henrique( AMC), Jader Barbosa (AMR/SC), Eloilson (DR)

Jader Barbosa was labelled as the player of his generation in the youth intake. He's made excellent progress in one year (he came through at 18), though not sure he'll become world class.

image.png.a212be42436dcd801926324982ecd17b.png

image.png.892ebaafe1e4bea9c6ed2c0cfb877751.png

image.png.89d361b426d00705923723e838b8745b.png

A pretty good intake. We finaly got our striker, but we most likely won't ever see him in the first team. Some decent players coming through as back up as well. 

image.png.2427def56c41427727c846896ac01d11.png

image.png.2129d1836873471e4aef1e77d444391d.png

image.thumb.png.f2b685c55c10cce796bc7e1238a1357a.png

Must have started ten new saves over last few days nothing sticking. 

Going to give this a go over the weekend.

Is there any rules against senior affiliates. I understand you can't play any loan players but thought it be useful if you can get a yearly fee and possible friendly to help revenue.

9 minutos atrás, Safe Hands disse:

Must have started ten new saves over last few days nothing sticking. 

Going to give this a go over the weekend.

Is there any rules against senior affiliates. I understand you can't play any loan players but thought it be useful if you can get a yearly fee and possible friendly to help revenue.

No rule against senior affiliates. Just cant loan in anybody. 

Edited by The7Striker

image.png.3fffe98ed482f589129f84b33ec00508.png

Luversense - Brazil - 2036 - Season 11 - Campeonato Brasileiro Serie A (Tier 1) - 1st (Champions)

Knocked out in the QF of the Cope Libertadores. It was a tight game against Internacional. We lost the first leg 4 - 2 as they hit us on the break no less than 4 times. We managed to win the second leg 2 - 0 away, even hitting the bar in injury time, but we lost on away goals. On to next year.

We won the league agin on the last day for what it's worth. Barbosa top score in the league again with 26. We have a 5 star potential striker coming through so Barbosa might move to right wing next season. 

Nothing in the youth intake. Nothing else important to mention. 

image.png.36668ff882fea371d98a18985433dc93.png

image.png.bcc9ac33b97c5e9460c43e365b347507.png

image.png.b8a5056d4b3c2a9d4cba11b942f83287.png

image.thumb.png.d3f7e82fa77c68e991543a04fef1e11f.png

5 minutes ago, Virtual Male said:

@XaW you're flying through the divisions!! I'm always jealous of the variety of nationalities you get in your intakes, are you doing anything special or is it just a case of crossed fingers?

Crossed fingers, I guess. England is a nice place to get the various ones, so that helps though. Also, I try to hire foreign staff if they are about equal to the British ones (or British ones with foreign scouting knowledge), just in case it helps! :D 

image.jpeg.907b5d66fb4bb997a19eee6def9c432e.jpeg

Macclesfield FC - 2024-25 Season - Season 1 - VNLN (Tier 6) - 2nd (Promoted via Playoffs!)

Season Update

An ideal first season. VNLN/S is an absolutely brutal league to get out of, with only 1 automatic promotion place for 24 teams. Unfortunately, we weren't able to secure promotion automatically but fought admirably through the playoffs, comfortably dispatching 5th-placed Chorley 4-0 in the Semi-Final, and scraping a hard-fought 2-1 victory against 4th-placed Scarborough in the Final. 

We spent the majority of the season hanging around third place, but thanks to a long run of bad form in the latter stages of the season by promotion rivals Scarborough we climbed to second place on the last day of the season proper. 

While we've done very well to get promoted, it will take a lot of work to avoid relegation next season. We are losing some players who didn't want to renew their contracts, and one player is retiring. None of our youth players are ready to play a role in the first team yet either, so we will essentially be competing with a weaker squad in a stronger league. Still, I'm optimistic for the future! 

Youth Candidates

We had an excellent intake with 5 high-potential players. This will be critical in our longer-term development. (Note: Ignore the bugged player faces, I've since fixed them with NewGAN!)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.1c5427f02906334859569ccce50c9943.png

Key Player

We had no standout players this season, but the best of a bad bunch was 23-year-old Sam Perry.

He was ever-present for us in the defensive midfield position this season, scoring 5 and assisting 7 in 50 starts. His ability to fill in as a central defender or right fullback when needed was helpful. He will be crucial in our upcoming relegation battle. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.182f0b4a7af9c943fa3159336248a4e2.png

Hot Prospect

Our intake brought in several promising-looking players, the pick of the bunch being 15-year-old German-English Defender Konstantin Fischer. His mentals and technicals need work but his physicals are already average for this level, so he should be able to start contributing soon. His main weakness is his personality type being Fickle, which I'll hopefully be able to address through mentoring.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.98022524d181924922b57f40a6802a07.png

Transfers

I unfortunately was unable to prevent 2 players from leaving the club on a free. Obviously, no one came in! 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.aa1a953b0018c6a9fb0afb9e94a7d7fc.png

Squad

Looks like we'll still be relying on our starting squad for most of next season.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.1a440de6493bfc25257843923593a3db.png

League Table

We placed second a long way behind Champions Scunthorpe, but a successful run through the playoffs will have us competing in the 5th tier next season!

Spoiler

image.png.a8abbad33c85180891cd3e6d4240ed1e.png

Club Info

I was able to secure the board's investment into improving Youth Facilities, Junior Coaching Budget AND Improved Youth Recruitment. At this rate, by the time we're in the top division, we'll have the best Youth Setup in the world! I did also request a Senior Affiliate purely for the extra cash, but unfortunately only one club wanted us and they weren't willing to pay a penny! I'll have to try that again next season...

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.152bc795834047be98c73dfbe774ca89.png

Finances

Finally, the finances: We're doing OK for now due to our success in the league and decent runs in the cups, so no immediate risk of catastrophic financial collapse. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a0c335276dab7eb02053083f957444ff.png

Thanks all for reading, and I hope to update you again soon after my next season. 

image.png.618448cee50c744fd48d2a1d06ff31cc.png

Central Español Fútbol Club - Season 1 - Mid Season Review & Youth Intake

League

We have been tremendous from day 1. Firstly we won the Torneo Competencia, a kind of opening season league tournament. It guarantees us a playoff place in the Second Division proper.

image.thumb.png.47f04f7baf0dbc86cf18d5926f21b7c7.png

Then in the second division proper at the half way mark we find ourselves top with a comfortable gap.

image.thumb.png.dbe2570bed937fe50eb5c1ee98c95cd4.png

Youth Intake Preview

We got the preview on day 1 of the save, so that was a very nice thing to see as one of my first news items. Look at ALL of those As

image.thumb.png.70d787be96930de1c037d866b8b20273.png

Youth Intake

The actual intake came less than a month later and was very promising indeed. Due to a worry about my financial projections I only signed the best 9 players (the ones tagged below)

image.thumb.png.ed487afe36619cc85b9f34934aab3baf.png

image.thumb.png.be20a89be9788e109e68e30f6c779e22.png

Top 3 - Youth Intake 1

Diego Da Silva (YP01A)

A good looking young keeper. He is already our 2nd best Goalie, BUT one of our best 'legacy' players is also our Goalie. Likely that he will learn in the youth teams for a few years and his progress will determine if he gets into the starting line up. Will definitely get played in cup (or non-important) games. Decent personality and some great starting attributes (apart from that dreadful first touch).

image.thumb.png.e4752ee81e9ed78bd0ccf9e355ef1b6e.png

Pablo Garcia (YP01B)

A very good looking DM, which is a position I am planning to use this save. We also don't have good DMs in our 'legacy players' so it may be that Pablo gets some game time this season. All of his key, highlighted, attributes are 7 or above, which at this level is great for a 15 year old. His personality is not good and his physicals need some work, but we can work with what we have here.

image.thumb.png.aa161c9b82fee1d631d70250e2770a03.png

Ruben Marticorena (YP01C)

A nice looking striker. I love the Dribbling, Finishing and First Touch combo. The problem is we have quite a few (probably 4 or 5) strikers who are ahead of him in the pecking order and we are only playing 1 up top in this save at the moment. I have had good experiences with Rangy Strikers too, so that goes in his favor.

image.thumb.png.1582e00426389caf1387be9b6d213c5a.png

Facilities Improvements

We managed to get a whole host of upgrades and a new contract!

image.thumb.png.03a4e47d45f6d6cc04de326217657f88.png

image.thumb.png.33d3e188cb890d9ce66971f8347fea78.png

image.thumb.png.381cdfcc1e3c32381f5f222f91edccdd.png

Edited by glennuk

This is painful. In the last four season, I've lost in the Copa Libertadores on penalties twice, on away goals and in the final. We lost in the final this year, but had our three best players out injured. 

Time for a break.

image.thumb.png.eab6132b9143ede42ddae89515b909da.png

Edited by leyrtj

not done an update for ages but just thought this was funny, the financial constraints are brutal :D 4th season in the championship and still losing money with a 66k a week wage bill :eek:

image.png.c797d0135a5d3c8f1770f103ec9d53a9.png

vor 18 Stunden schrieb HaylingZar:

Thanks all for reading, and I hope to update you again soon after my next season. 

Wonderful update. I like how you write it down. Strong year and full of hope. I‘ll keep my fingers crossed. 

54 minutes ago, HanziZoloman said:

Wonderful update. I like how you write it down. Strong year and full of hope. I‘ll keep my fingers crossed. 

Very kind of you to say. I'll have an update for my fourth season ready shortly. Unfortunately, not quite the success story I had hoped for, but still an enjoyable, if challenging season. 

image.jpeg.907b5d66fb4bb997a19eee6def9c432e.jpeg

Macclesfield FC - 2027-28  Season - Season 4 - VNL (Tier 5) - 9th

Season Update

After unlikely success last season culminating in a second-placed finish, we felt primed at the start of this one to confidently seize the league and make a firm push for promotion. Despite losing key players such as Konstantin Fischer (Those who saw my season 1 post will be familiar), we were keen to see what impact the fresh faces around the club could have. 

Unfortunately, we experienced many difficulties that hindered our progress, and despite a string of hopeful results in the early stages of the season, including just 2 losses in the first 10 games and an undefeated November period, we encountered an all-to-familiar mid-season slump that quashed any hopes of a meaningful title challenge. We floundered around the playoff places for most of the season and eventually capitulated to the weight of fixtures and sunk to a meagre 11th place before the final game of the season.

In a meaningful game for our key player Sam Perry, he lead the squad to an impressive 6-0 victory in his last game for the team, a result which bumped us two places up the league table to finish in a respectable, if not impressive, 9th place. Sam, who has played 193 games for the club and is undoubtedly our best player, made it clear at the start of the season that he would not be renewing his contract with us as he felt he had outgrown the club. He went on to make 39 appearances for us this season, carrying us to results we surely would not otherwise have achieved. He has been a great servant to the club and his impact will be sorely missed. As mentioned above, we also missed the contributions of key Defender Fischer, who forced an exit after I made the heinous decision to play him as a Ball Playing Defender instead of a Central Defender (seriously!). I guess that "Fickle" personality did come back to bite us in the end. :lol:  On the subject of personality, our Season 2 Hot Prospect Morgan Stone has caused nothing but headaches all season. I'm never keeping a "Temperamental" player again! He's since been transfer-listed.

All that being said, this has been an enjoyable season, if frustrating at times. I've learned a lot of valuable lessons and we've continued to develop our Youth players, with 18-year-old Attacking Midfielder Haydn Rainford being one of the team's standout performers and 18-year-old Defender Elliott Davies making a huge impact. With a number of first-team-ready prospects coming through our youth intake again, we look like a squad that will only get stronger over time. New prospect Dave Richardson became a record-breaking youngest goalscorer at 15 years and 260 days, and new Belgian Midfielder William Kudimbana looks to be an acceptable option to fill the Perry-shaped hole in our midfield. Although we'll be in a weaker position next season with our best player leaving the club, I hope we can at least make a push for playoff places.  

Youth Candidates

Another excellent year for youth. 10 "Elite Talents" make this a promising crop of youngsters. I also love to see nationalities like Gibraltarian represented. Still not quite sure why such a thing as a "Defensive Winger" exists, though! 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4d46dcb77ab4831c14b213f3d97c934b.pngimage.thumb.png.51d098b9b21cf0efae6102a77fec5f5a.png

Key Player

Perhaps a sign of the changing tides; the first of our Youth intake players to take the recognition for this section. 18-year-old Attacking Midfielder Haydn Rainford has been in superb form for us this season, with an extremely impressive 11 goals and 24 assists in 37 appearances. He's also got plenty of room to develop. His best attributes are his pace and stamina, and his well-roundedness makes him a solid contributor. Also, with a Leadership of 18 he could be a solid option for team captain in years to come. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.679504cf8065d5af0c2a0d54e9981b9f.png

Hot Prospect

With yet another highly promising Youth Intake, it was difficult to identify one in particular to highlight, but when 15-year-old Winger Dave Richardson smashed both the Team and League youngest goalscorer record, it felt natural to select him. Contributing toward 3 goals in his first 4 appearances, Richardson looks to be very exciting for the future. A skillful and pacy attacking player, he could become one of the best players at the club if given the right experience. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3a4c2885cad4b7990e3f9fd6d1ce1bce.png

Transfers

We made use of affliate club Sheffield for the first time to send players out on loan. We have now several young prospects gaining first-team experience in the lower leagues of the country. For some reason Consett was desperate for our players and loaned 3 of them! 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ccff270141cd77752b1af04a1264fc04.png

Squad

Many of our players are starting to develop very well. While it will be a huge loss when Sam Perry departs, hopefully it will provide an opportunity for someone new to make an impact. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.8c9d7b42352b209b37a688fe20a0a6a8.png

League Table

Admittedly a dismal showing compared to last season's success, we still finished 15 places above our pre-season expectations of 24th! In my eyes, this is still a great result. Let's really push on into next season and show this league what we're made of. 

Spoiler

image.png.0f885b9a78700eebb181248def482e11.png

Club Info

We improved the Youth Recruitment a lot. I also got the board to approve another coaching course for me, bumping me up to a National A Licence. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.47c37065f6865e7516ab3cb4f7f8cd4d.png

image.thumb.png.737378c469142b343c67c15844126c80.png

Finances

We are still turning a profit for now, although I note that our Youth Setup is now costing us more annually than player wages - Eek! Hopefully this doesn't come back to bite us...

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e596b663051e0635212d10e7eb989ae8.png

Edited by HaylingZar

On 26/04/2024 at 17:50, glennuk said:

@SkiIIs - can you offer him a lower wage with bonuses or a ridiculous signing on fee (like most of your transfer budget which you don't need anyway) - May be worth it as he looks a REAL talent.

ive been trying to but no luck.  I thought going up a division would help but i can only offer 7k when he wants 20k.  Almost 5 months into the season now so getting to the point of no return

On 26/04/2024 at 20:13, XaW said:

4YtxYMB.png

XaW - Marine FC - Season 2030/31 (Season 7) - Sky Bet Championship

fHgECey.png

Squad | Transfers | Finances

We avoided relegation, so we did what we set out to do. And we even stayed away from the dog fight for survival too, by hovering around lower mid-table for the entire season. On a very positive note, we are no longer losing money, but we aren't really making much either, so improving the club will not be very easy unless we get a magical cup run or something, as we are currently quite far away from going up into the Premier League. Looking at the players, I'd say we currently have a good batch of top League One players, and some that are rated as Championship ones, so we are clearly doing well based on the actual skill level of the players. So I think I just need to wait for more development or more talented players in the intake. In the mean time, we'll just keep cruising here in the Championship, at least I hope we can continue to stay up.

FA Cup: We beat Crystal Palace and QPR before we lost to Leicester in the 5th round.
Carabao Cup: We beat Stockport County, Sunderland, and Derby before we lost to Chelsea in the 4th round.

Best players from the academy:

Ben Jordan 26g - Was meant to be 2nd choice left back, but does so well he plays a lot for us.
Isaac Dean 28a - Is starting to really grow into a good attacking midfielder for us. Would like to see a bit more creativity from him though, but he does pop up with a fair amount of goals.
Rakeem Hughes-Mason 26e - Still leads our line well and scores quite a lot of goals, but does have some goal draughts now, as his finishing has started to let him down at times.

New club records:

Most league goals - Rakeem Hughes-Mason 26e - 113 goals

I did get one upgrade approved this season, to get us out of the horrid facilities we had.

Yog8n2v.png

U21s

Ph4QWDp.png

We created a U21 team for this season and they started in the English U21 Division 3 where they finished rock bottom.

U18s

b0hErfI.png

kgjLxi9.png

After winning the U18 Youth Alliance League North-West last season they turned up in the U18 Professional Development League this season where they finished 2nd in the North group. Then they lost in the champions playoff semi final to eventual winners Cardiff.

FA Youth Cup: They beat Sheffield United before losing to Leeds in the 4th round.

Around the world

T4CsDYr.png

Youth intake:

2dEaoAf.png

7QhnFWn.png

ESGABHf.png

HzzItXx.png

QTNUqWv.png

0wrpuaK.png

Trophy cabinet

0CyK5wP.png

Sky Bet League One - 2029/30
Sky Bet League Two - 2028/29

EE9vTuB.png

Vanarama National League - 2026/27
Vanarama National League North - 2024/25

h6f9Fl1.png

EFL Trophy - 2029/30

FkgqJ86.png

FA Trophy - 2025/26
(U18s) U18 Youth Alliance League North-West - 2029/30
(U18s) U18 National League North West - 2026/27

Player statistics:

Most apps for the club

Name			Nation			2nd Nation		Time at club	Apps
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rakeem Hughes-Mason 26e	England			Antigua & Barbuda	2026-Present	225
Charlie Rowlands 26c	England			Wales			2026-Present	220
Kevin Gallagher 27a	Ireland			England			2027-Present	193
Lewis Pritchard 26m	England			Ireland			2026-Present	190
David Overton 25a	England			<N/A>			2025-2029	175

Most goals for the club

Name			Nation			2nd Nation		Time at club	Goals
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rakeem Hughes-Mason 26e	England			Antigua & Barbuda	2026-Present	132
Kevin Gallagher 27a	Ireland			England			2027-Present	56
Jamie Adams-Fisk 28d	England			<N/A>			2028-Present	41
Isaac Dean 28a		England			<N/A>			2028-Present	26
Rosario Capasso 27b	Italy			England			2027-Present	20

Most assists for the club

Name			Nation			2nd Nation		Time at club	Assists
Kevin Gallagher 27a	Ireland			England			2027-Present	42
Ben Jordan 26g		England			<N/A>			2026-Present	35
Kyle McLean 28b		Scotland		England			2028-Present	32
Rakeem Hughes-Mason 26e	England			Antigua & Barbuda	2026-Present	21
Lewis Pritchard 26m	England			Ireland			2026-Present	18

Supporters:

XO1TJjA.png

Bingo:

6zNnrdU.png

Summary:

kqmkQ7R.png

getting a ready made player in the youth intake at this point is gold!

On 28/04/2024 at 06:35, djsterry said:

not done an update for ages but just thought this was funny, the financial constraints are brutal :D 4th season in the championship and still losing money with a 66k a week wage bill :eek:

image.png.c797d0135a5d3c8f1770f103ec9d53a9.png

I'm feeling your pain!  I cant remember previous versions being this difficult financially once you got to League 2

8 hours ago, SkiIIs said:

getting a ready made player in the youth intake at this point is gold!

He looks like an amazing talent. Would like his speed to be improved though, so that's probably what he will be working on for the next few years! :D