The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

4 hours ago, XaW said:

CONCACAF Champions League: We lost to Vancouver Whitecaps in the 1st round, but it was close.
Caribbean Club Shield
: We drew La Gauloise of Guadeloupe, AC PoS of Trinidad & Tobago, Dublanc of Dominica, Weymouth Wales of Barbados, and Devonshire Cougars of Bermuda. We won all matches and finished top of the group. In the 2nd phase we got Dunbeholden of Jamaica, Grenades of Antigua & Barbuda, and PHC Zebras of Bermunda. We once again won all matches and ended top. We then beat Inter Moengotapoe of Suriname and AC PoS again in the final to take another trophy.
Caribbean Cup: We drew Cavalier of Jamaica, Mount Pleasant of Jamaica, Golden Lion of Martinique, and Tempête of Haiti. We won all except a single draw to end top of the group. Then we beat TLH Rangers of Trinidad & Tobago in the final to win our 2nd trophy here.

Awesome domination in the Caribbean! Out of curiosity, how have the MLS teams fared in the NACL for you? 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Awesome domination in the Caribbean! Out of curiosity, how have the MLS teams fared in the NACL for you? 

As evident in the «around the world» screenshot, US teams have won it 3 times, including the last two seasons. I’ll get a screenshot of past winners and runners up when I get on my comp again later tonight.

A mid 2043/44 update

Another takeover on the horizon

image.png.967ae8659f0cd3f0d9dcecefb72823b5.png

And it went ahead, as you can see from the messages, they stuck a bit of money and offered me a new contract.

image.png.6bb5003a65c626b5fb40a59e33fe6ac3.png

image.png.86c98dc293ccb4ffe41afb0cb33de5b3.png

I pushed my luck...................

And got improvements in

image.png.e9aa096702ef910ca8d66f652ce31c52.png

and

image.png.bd8fa0f447c0a075a1485a8ff8928207.png

Frigg_Oslo.png.c927043b446f3a807d29380b6df298e0.png

Double season review – 2025 and 2026

This save really is like pulling teeth sometimes! Our second season (2025) saw us finish in a pretty lofty 7th place in the league, but we were quickly down to earth with a 10th place finish the following year. That 2026 season saw us avoid the drop with a final day victory at home against Bærum (3-1). Results in the cup were unimpressive in both seasons. One cool thing in our latest season, our goalkeeper, David Knack, scored five goals: three penalties and two cracking free kicks! :cool:

Decent products from the youth academy have also been thin on the ground – no one has managed – or been good enough – to take a permanent first team place so far, but I am hoping that now our junior coaching is at good and our youth recruitment is excellent, we must surely get something in this next intake (I'm praying!). Finances are still pretty steady so that's a positive. Next season, I plan to switch from 4-4-2 to 4-3-3; I'm hoping it will give us something different going forward, and perhaps make us more flexible overall.

Screenshot2024-01-07at18_36_11.png.798910eb57d4e4827d5db857d8e33984.pngScreenshot2024-01-11at19_13_25.png.70eae37426214a4621cb2b74d85b0864.png

Screenshot2024-01-12at18_20_57.thumb.png.118dc1d938fbeef0e9c9164f7c917338.png

Edited by Gundo

I’m really struggling to get into a save.

My usual haunts are not available.  The Andorran files this year only has one first team in the third tier and they are very heavy favourites to go up so not really feasible.  I love the Netherlands but not available this year.  There is a file of the Netherlands down to the seventh tier but I don’t think this is allowed @XaW?

Otherwise, any ideas?  Prefer Europe.  But maybe Brazil as never really done a save there for a while and their youth are amazing.

21 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

My usual haunts are not available.  The Andorran files this year only has one first team in the third tier and they are very heavy favourites to go up so not really feasible.  I love the Netherlands but not available this year.  There is a file of the Netherlands down to the seventh tier but I don’t think this is allowed @XaW?

Otherwise, any ideas?  Prefer Europe.  But maybe Brazil as never really done a save there for a while and their youth are amazing.

Yeah, I think they suspended relegation in real life, so that makes Netherlands not available, sorry. How about lower league Germany? The Meistertreiner file is usually excellent, and with many teams getting foreign youth players too, it could be a fun one. The same goes for a good Swiss file, some Liechtensteiner side or something (unless they are ineligible to get into the CL through the league like Vaduz...?).

As always I can recommend the Caribbean file as there are some really strange systems there to have fun with! 

@WhiteCat33

yvQQoEh.png

There are a few MLS sides in there, along the Mexican ones of course. Other than Toronto, who do play in MLS, there are no other nations represented in the top 2 of the CONCACAF CL yet... I hope to break that....someday! :D 

For anyone looking for a Caribbean team, there's a team called "Haitian Superstars" in Bahamas that generate Haitian players

Edited by leicester33

5 minutes ago, leicester33 said:

For anyone looking for a Caribbean team, there's a team called "Haitian Superstars" in Bahamas that generate Haitian players

Also one called Haitian Union in Curaçao that do the same.

12 hours ago, glennuk said:

image.png.ab05c01212863c3bf3d0b1308aa00254.png

Rein Meer AKA ReinBerg - Season 11 - Japan J2 League - Mid Season Review & Youth Intake Preview

League - 4th so far

So far in our second season in the J2 League, we have looked pretty comfortable. So much so that I have allowed myself to dare to dream about promotion to the top league. I do however think we may be a couple of years away from comfortably surviving in the top flight, so I don't want to get too carried away. There is such a thing as getting promoted too early right????? says the guy who has seen people almost complete the whole challenge in Japan by now :p 

We are once again an attacking team, top goalscorers in the league. However as usual we are not the most defensively sound team. Our unofficial Motto is still "We're gunna score one more than YOU, REINBERG"

image.thumb.png.d4cca82b921296ec7dfbac73c07bfddf.png

Best Match of the Save so far!!

Had to share this one. Perhaps one of the reasons we are top scorers :) Clinical finishing at its finest.

image.thumb.png.2f6ec2360a57d8451228df3669be6819.png

Japan Youth Team Call Ups

Both Kenta Kawai (YP08B) and Shun'ichi Miyahara (YP09B) have been called up the the u20 and u19 Japan team respectively. Kawai is wanted by a raft of J1 league clubs, so I have told him he can leave if I get 1.4million. I would of cause make sure to get a next sale clause in, as long as the Chairman doesn't sell over my head again.

image.thumb.png.37258d61ef4b2820c7e963d35cba1d69.png

Upgrades

After solving our finance problems and being almost guaranteed at least J2 football next season, I thought I may as well request some upgrades.
Youth Recruitment - Upgraded to Above Average

New Contract - Until 2036

Training Facilities - Upgraded to Average

image.thumb.png.6903c10b5cf93fa58498ec4463b760ee.png

image.thumb.png.55745ead90eae26f06b3f3d289f8aaa3.png

image.thumb.png.158e3d2df5b2a869e50dd18c785b4735.png

image.thumb.png.fa66baa911a2e4e0c7fdc3bc4eb57d15.png

Finances

All this has left my finances pretty low, but I am confident we will be okay as since entering the J2 league we have made money each month, and I would virtually have to lose every game from now until the end of the season if I was to get relegated.

image.thumb.png.48c453f389511e9fadcec20b95885cd4.png

Youth Intake Preview

So we have once again an average looking intake. Despite the 4.5* view, I am a bit disappointed by the letter grades. We could however do with a star right winger at the moment, so hopefully that A grade is the right winger not either of the two on the left (in the intake preferred positions).

image.thumb.png.cd587efd51a4f668643e366a458c6bca.png

I have been running a YAC save with Reinmeer with more lax rules as an intro to this and it’s fascinating to see how similar yet different our saves are. I got promoted almost immediately to J2 and then stuck around for the better part of a decade before finally getting promoted. However we also have a lackluster defense but produce countless strikers with high potential. I thought it was because I named my manager after someone from the Blue Lock anime but maybe attacking football is just a part of the culture there?

56 minutos atrás, DazRTaylor disse:

There is also a Faroe Island DB that looks pretty nice.

The problem with playing a team from Liechtenstein is that the DB usually has the division they are playable and they never finish last in order to be legible.

Only if that division isn't added at first and they get promoted. I don't know if that's against the rules @XaW ?

31 minutes ago, Padders said:

@friesmaking a mockery of my 2044 still in the VNLS :lol:

image.thumb.png.af5d0089d9673726f2ee5a03dfc6b894.png

:lol:

I am quite certain that Hungerford is a bigger challenge. I admire your persistence. Your Scarborough save will forever be the most legendary YAC save.

Edited by fries

1 minute ago, HanziZoloman said:

The Billericay save isn't bad either is it?

We managed to grab a hold and stopped losing after 20 matches (yeah noticed the draws in between). We're still with a solid balanced shape and not some kind of monster Underdog kill 'em all tactic. The Earl is a bit proud it was a true challenge, he even talked to his wife once or twice about it and she's not into football. 

The Cardiff match was crucial. The Earl was talking with everybody as mentioned here, composing, encouraging, team talking and praising anything worth praising. That were the fundamentals and trying to stabilize the defense which worked: four at the back and two DM(D) in front. Then the Earl even managed to get an attack rolling which produced goals. He's happy ... He's believing. Thanks for the support and all the hints and advice. It's the best here.:applause:

Bildschirmfoto2024-01-12um22_37_46.thumb.png.32a184133ed7b468c8ceb8ea5a361cc9.png

You staying up?

Some huge defeats there

Love it if you stay up 

image.png.68cae3e372294a7a634cfe21dbb9c03c.png

Mauriki FC - Vanuatu - Season 5 - 2024/25 - Vanuatuan Port Vila Premier Division (Tier 1) - 1st (lost in the playoff final)

So we ended up winning the OFC Champions League, so half of the challenge is complete.

In the League it was a similar story to the last two seasons. We dominated the main league, finishing top, but couldn't win the playoff. In one of the worst games I've seen in FM, we were FMed in the final. They equalized in the 92nd minute with one of the worst goals I've ever seen. Then they won on penalites. On the positive, I feel we're now good enough to go in as favourites next year, so the league should come in the next year or two.

The OFC Champions League ended up being relatively straightforward. We sailed through the group, quarters and finals and then came up against our nemesis, Team Wellington. This time, however, the FM gods favoured us and we actually FMed the AI for once. 3 - 0 to us is beyond flattering, but who's complaining. Perhaps in another FM universe someone is playing the same game, but they are Team Wellington and they just got FMed by Mauriki FC.

We did get a couple of our players poached away by other teams. Most notably our star goalkeeper was poached. Normally, when other teams offered our player contracts, we have offered a pay rise but this time it didn't work. Goalkeeper was perhaps the one position where we don't have any other players coming through, so we're currently playing a one star player.

It has been a strange 5 years in Vanuatu. I read someone on the forum say that at this low level just one good youth intake can make a huge difference, and I can see that. In the cup this season, in the semi-finals there were teams from the top four tiers, us being the only one from Tier 1. 

A good youth intake again but nothing above 2 stars CA, so no one came into the first team. 

image.thumb.png.2787a71473b80fb2ac2fba50da3ee89f.png

Nice to FM the AI for once. 

Cupimage.thumb.png.44beac27ccf2bcd49d64fc6e0a2eaa22.png

image.png.becca2c5641289ef3be3e301ed324e25.png

And here's the AI's FM revenge in the division playoff final

image.png.7565eb6ef42afb88149ec4d0c4055457.png

Forgot to take youth intake screenshots again. Nothing special there.

Edited by leyrtj

10 hours ago, XaW said:

@WhiteCat33

yvQQoEh.png

There are a few MLS sides in there, along the Mexican ones of course. Other than Toronto, who do play in MLS, there are no other nations represented in the top 2 of the CONCACAF CL yet... I hope to break that....someday! :D 

Your MLS teams are doing way better than mine getting to finals more often than not, which is good to see. Always has bummed me out how poor the AI is at handling MLS rosters, maybe they are less incompetent this year??

Hope you get to that first final faster than I did! Man that was a slog.

Edited by WhiteCat33

10 hours ago, XaW said:

Yeah, I think they suspended relegation in real life, so that makes Netherlands not available, sorry. How about lower league Germany? The Meistertreiner file is usually excellent, and with many teams getting foreign youth players too, it could be a fun one. The same goes for a good Swiss file, some Liechtensteiner side or something (unless they are ineligible to get into the CL through the league like Vaduz...?).

As always I can recommend the Caribbean file as there are some really strange systems there to have fun with! 

All Lichtenstein teams get the Vaduz treatment, but if you win enough titles you can improve your entry point to the EL from the Conference. Pretty sure it can't get raised to the Champions league.

I had a good time in the German Lower leagues until the board built a stadium and bankrupted the club. Cup runs for funds are a lot harder as you have to win the regional pokal first to get entered into the DFB the following season. 

Lots of cool foreign regen clubs in the city leagues.  Hamburg alone had two Turkey teams, a Croatia and I want to say Serbian that all could get promoted as viable for the challenge. 

olot_ue.jpg.4845913b9585a9ff7a4bd398b67978f6.jpg

Olot UE Season Review (32/33)

League:

We were heavy favorites to go back down, with odds of 1000 - 1, but in the end we had a much better season than expected. In the beginning we understandably struggled, only managing one point from the first seven matches and even that one was very generous. I changed my tactic to a cautious 433 with more direct counter attacking, prioritizing clean sheets first and above all. It did wonders for our form, making us very difficult to break down and trying to grab a goal on the counter or with set pieces. We've gotten better the longer the season went on and in the end finished on a very unexpected 11th place!

Olot_Y9_league_table.thumb.png.6cde7cf54ab7b2f0dcdb47588a222f89.png

Copa

A disappointing exit in the 3rd round against the worst team in the first tier, Burgos 

Olot_Y9_copa.thumb.png.931d2d0da1badaa36e9d07c826756be3.png

Youth Intake

A confusing preview which promised an excellent intake, but only C's and worse in the positions... The intake itself was a mixed bag, definitely worse than the 2 before and again very poor personalities. For some reason my HOYD's personality isn't rubbing of on the youth players. I've made the decision to make a change after 7 seasons and go with a new HOYD

Spoiler

Olot_Y9_YIpreview.thumb.png.50468c7863f8166b29311f2317ac4c13.png

Olot_Y9_YI_overview.thumb.png.943014921cd95c45d75b35d8a968d84c.png

Jose Manuel (AMLR/WR, Light-hearted)

The diamond of the intake or so I'm told. He has all the right attributes to become a very good winger

Spoiler

Olot_Y9_Jose_Manuel.thumb.png.f3ab84d134ecac1b8b9ef04fe4a1c5f8.png

Transfers

The biggest talent to ever come out our academies and my only player rated as a first tier player is leaving us and I only have myself to blame. I wasn't proactive enough to lock him up for years to come. Ia\nstead with 18 months left on his contract he wanted to leave. I ended up selling him in the winter mercato avoiding losing him on a free. Milan were generous enough to let him finish the season at Olot and give us 50% of the next sale. He was our best player attribute-wise, but never got the most out of him on the pitch. I wish him all the best at Milan

Olot_Y9_transfer_adrian.thumb.png.8c2d0617bfc545bf57886316639edc79.png

Here he is:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.66b186df76e4b3257aac8c193d0b82a1.png

Upgrades and finances

We rich, we upgrade facilities. it's that simple

Spoiler

Olot_Y9_training_facilities.png.781c4ef232e318bdd1387918911662f8.png

Olot_Y9_training_facilites2.thumb.png.43fcc8a41c767f6819e617a5b4419274.png

Olot_Y9_Youth_facilities.png.c6d9d14cbf9d2c2643cdd25cae4cb3e5.png

Best XI

Oscar Suarez in goal was our highest rated player this seaso, which probably tells us lot. Raimon Lorente entered the first team in defense and so did Pep Figueras on the right wing back position. Loic Julien, the Andorran Albatros, was our most important player with 13 goal contributions. Robert Pujadas will take over as the DLF next season (although Newcastle is sniffing around)

Spoiler

Olot_Y9_BestXI.thumb.png.7c138d041dfd3fee8d28718be5f10183.png

5 years ago

was intake number 4 and... it was as bad as advertised. Antoni Drets is our starting DM and Isidre Mola was a pleasant surprise, but has been overtaken at the right back position. Other than that not much to speak of. Of the ones below only Marcal Marce might have a future at the club

Spoiler

Olot_YI_Y4_overview.thumb.png.5314a78a6aafb98d96a7eeeb3a7ba174.png

Next season

We again will be heavy favorites to go down. I'm hoping to have the same kind of season as this one and to develop some more players as first tier quality

7 hours ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Your MLS teams are doing way better than mine getting to finals more often than not, which is good to see. Always has bummed me out how poor the AI is at handling MLS rosters, maybe they are less incompetent this year??

Hope you get to that first final faster than I did! Man that was a slog.

It looks fine to me, but then again, I haven't loaded the MLS or the Mexican league, so it's not easy to know for sure.

I hope so, this season we made a little progress (spoiler), so I hope we can do it.... eventually!

Thanks all. The other continents are going to take much longer!

@XaW@darren1983 any guidelines on how to join a new team? My plan would be to identify who I want to join, add another manager, resign then apply with the original manager. Is this okay? This is assuming there is a manager already in place.

25 minutes ago, leyrtj said:

@XaW@darren1983 any guidelines on how to join a new team? My plan would be to identify who I want to join, add another manager, resign then apply with the original manager. Is this okay? This is assuming there is a manager already in place.

The team need to be newly promoted into the bottom tier of the country you are looking for, and then apply for the job and hope!

5 hours ago, leyrtj said:

@XaW So the new teams coming up newly promoted start off managerless? Okay makes sense. If there are 3 tiers with no relegation then do we take the team who came last the previous season?

If they have a manager, you are allowed to appoint a manager to get rid of them, but they often come up without one.

What do you do in a case like this?

Santangelo is one of my best players. Suddenly he starts to miss training this season. 3rd case now! In a normal save, he would be gone in the next transfer window. But I don't have a replacement. What to do?

image.png.dd48e3135aa5e17d83aa6c19ad58b1b1.png

11 hours ago, leyrtj said:

Firstly well done on the first leg and I've added it to the HoF. Secondly I've been out all day so just seen this but I assume @XaW has answered but just in case - as long as they're newly promoted, and haven't been in the league during the save, then you're fine to add a manager and resign then apply with your manager. 

How do you guys approached the coach side of this challenge? Pure personality, pure attributes or a mix of both? (High attributes with no negative personality) 

I'm just promoted to the Croatian top tier and have a lot of new staff to add to the club. I can't seem to find any high attributes + high professionalism coaches.

Cheers! 

Got my first intake! And this kid Crichlow looks really good for the VNN. FootballManager2020_2024_01.06-23_38.thumb.png.130d6b01c959ad7c4b0a9ff9bed773e0.png

image.thumb.png.1c81f93afdfb652aab95882ca73567aa.png

image.thumb.png.f374de30649520d3ca365aead39c7f51.png

image.thumb.png.af3015d6ecdead750dd8d18a1ffaed85.png

With those technicals I think I may retrain him as an ACM/APM. However, he did come into the team right away as a striker and scored a goal on his debut. 

Also went ahead and finished out the season. Finished comfortably above the relegation zone, 19 points clear. However, I am releasing the season's top goal scorer. He didn't ever train well, and was quite a pill when I offered feedback on his performances, even if it was positive. Otherwise everyone is re-signed for next year. But with dropping Gribbin we'll most likely require a formation change until Crichlow is up to speed as an ACM.

image.thumb.png.ea657e60e9f3a5850e1f2cfc5a789dcc.png

We landed a few other good players in the intake as well. And we got a GK, albeit not very good. But half a gold star is better than a greyed out player.

Additionally, the youngster from last season, Flensborg, sort of fell off towards the end of the year, but still had some good performances along the way to finish with our highest average rating and most MOM awards. He would have been top scorer if he'd have been on penalty duty instead of grumpy Gribbin. Definitely coach's player of the season. He will have some competition next season from a few of the new youngsters, but based on this year he'll be hard pressed to give up his spot on the field.

So yeah. Season 1 for me was a success. Hopefully we can push on next year towards the playoffs. Time to work on tactics and all that for Season 2. Stay tuned!

-R

image.png

Season Review 2024/25 (Season 1)

Trapani Calcio

Trapani_Calcio_logo.png.435764de6f91a2c67e45eb7ab3fd4168.png

League

The expectation for the first season was simply to avoid relegation. We got off to a fast start, mainly thanks to the attacking prowess of veteran striker Andrea Cocco and attacking midfielder Federico Marigosu. We found ourselves as high as 4th place at one stage in the early going. Injuries and a lack of quality eventually saw us slide down the table before a late charge saw us jump into 7th place and clinch a playoff spot. We faced Avellino 1912 in the playoff, succumbing to a 2-1 defeat. All in all, the first season was a very successful season with no danger of relegation.

Marigosu was named our player of the season.

Spoiler

SerieCNOWGironeC_Stages-2.thumb.png.ce2b2b88653bae9a26d829b78ed7ecfb.png

Youth Intake

The preview was for an average intake, and that is exactly what is was. We picked up a few players that may be able to help us down the road, but nobody who could provide assistance in the next season or two unfortunately. 

Spoiler

SantoRenzoni_Inbox-2.thumb.png.34293804e7ea4c37f0d534e940a0dbe3.png

Spoiler

TrapaniCalcio_YouthCandidates.thumb.png.454bc60bc2abcb44345b5abdc057daac.png

Upgrades

Most of my requests for improvements were denied.

I was able to complete my first coaching badge at least.

Spoiler

SantoRenzoni_Inbox-32.thumb.png.79fe4fbb664de2b64b321b56c7261ebb.png

Key Points

Tragically our veteran striker and the main reason for our incredibe first season in Serie C, Andrea Cocco has announced his retirement. There isnt a lot of depth at striker and the youth intake hasnt given us an immediate replacement. Hopefully Samake or Gagliardi can make the step up next season and keep the challenge going

Andrea Cocco

Spoiler

AndreaCocco_Profile.thumb.png.2827215b4e7be589693fbda24c07ed0b.png

Transfers

Spoiler

TrapaniCalcio_TransferHistory.thumb.png.dd0f9df6152bd41241c212cd30cf4869.png

Çankaya Futbol Kulübü 2034/2035 season review

image.png.6bfe417b0abe769b204fc3111f13cd67.png

On the field

image.png.7141fa6cebf9e96f1a590f6403a32a23.png

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

A much better season without extreme runs.

We did continue our winless from last season with 4 more games without a win to start the season.

image.png.2e7fa94697a22ca97983d19b931709d5.png

3 of the four matchtes this season were draws so I wasn't that worried. It was nice to get that first win though.

Throughout the whole season we were one good run of form away from contending for Europe. That didn't happen off course, but I'm very happy with a boring 7th place

Ziraat Türkiye Kupası

image.png.9b5d7a684231166c24e4a4097332ac33.png

Defeated in the fifth round by Samsunspor.

Squad

Player of the season: Hakan Bayarslan

The young winger was the best player this season. 12 assists and 5 goals for a rating of 7.12

Topscorer: Baran Karasu

13 goals for him this year as we continue the trend of average strikers in my team.

Youth player of the season: Berat Aslan

The young striker made his way into the first team late in the season and went on to score 7 goals in 10 matches.

For his performances Hakan was named 3th in the NextGen list:

image.png.b8d5e264e8183a6c6b11f5e24993b609.png

Youth intake

The preview was very encouraging

image.png.d2610da9c1a206d6420830bb18fc56f0.png

I normally don't care much for the preview but for this I was willing to hope

The actual intake wasn't bad either

image.thumb.png.2b2f589ac8f23d0019776075cefeea0b.png

image.thumb.png.0cf7e44f1e339afa56b6d8140d24dcb1.png

Good amount of potential and some good/decent personalities. My U19's are stacked now. 

The only thing that is holding us back now is the youth facilities I think. 

Board

Finances | Transfers

No major transfers this year and our financeds suffered for it. We've burned through most of our reserves.

Didn't help that we invested heavily in the training complex once again.

image.png.e8da1e5827ed18fbcc016135abe7c746.png

Not that I'm complaining.

We have now maxed out training facilities as well as youth recruitment and Junior coaching. The only thing that is lacking are the youth facilities. These are stuck on Adequate.

I need this board gone to get them I'm afraid.

I read  a tip that said if you bad-mouth your chairman in the press he is more likely to consider selling/stepping down.

So I did.

image.png.0027249d7dd576a1ef36e3bfc3109423.png

Not sure if coincidence or if it worked. Either way I'm happy. This message has been up for most of the season now with several takeovers failed.

Next season

I want to build on this season. Hopefully we can improve enough to challenge for Europe again.

image.png.e4d3c82c278a79a0764492a83660704e.png

We enter our 10th season in the topflight and for the first time we are not predicted to go down.

image.thumb.png.f291dd428bb38e8340dffeed19d074f5.png

vor 13 Stunden schrieb fries:

What do you do in a case like this?

Santangelo is one of my best players. Suddenly he starts to miss training this season. 3rd case now! In a normal save, he would be gone in the next transfer window. But I don't have a replacement. What to do?

image.png.dd48e3135aa5e17d83aa6c19ad58b1b1.png

A) Replace him anyway, you don’t want him to affect the rest of the squad?

B) imagine a Ronaldinho player and grant him the freedom as long as he’s delivering in the matches

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Gundo:

Can we come back from here? :confused:

Screenshot2024-01-14at09_10_55.png.0b1b92e32d852b373a4c21b513948da4.png

As we usually have a lot of success stories here which is completely fine but I admit sometimes a bit boring too. I am sorry I don’t want to offend but it would be much more helpful and also interesting (speaking for me) to experience more of the downsides and valleys of bad form and how you try to turn things around.

@Gundo thanks for posting: What did you already do to turn things around? I am still in the same situation, we managed to get past Reading now but we‘re losing and losing. The tactical changes had been good lastly but still now a few games later it’s the same situation. We‘re more stable at the back but losing matches anyway. 
I am talking a lot to my players, I even do the press conferences again in the league to have the most impact on the team. Morale is key but if you lose games morale will drop eventually. What can a man do?

Edited by HanziZoloman

10 hours ago, NielsPanis said:

How do you guys approached the coach side of this challenge? Pure personality, pure attributes or a mix of both? (High attributes with no negative personality) 

I'm just promoted to the Croatian top tier and have a lot of new staff to add to the club. I can't seem to find any high attributes + high professionalism coaches.

Cheers! 

For senior staff, I'm willing to dip down to a "neutral" personality if the coaching attributes are off the top, for normal coaches that is. For assman and HoYD, as well as youth staff, personality (and media handling) trumps skill all the way.

1 minute ago, HanziZoloman said:

As we usually have a lot of success stories here which is completely fine but I admit a bit boring too. I am sorry I don’t want to offend but it would be much more helpful and also interesting (speaking for me) to experience more of the downsides and valleys of bad form and how you try to turn things around.

I agree, the "against all odds" type seasons are always the most fun, that's also why I think the save @Padders had some years ago where he completed the challenge after 270 years or so is the best one yet! :D 

vor 4 Minuten schrieb XaW:

I agree, the "against all odds" type seasons are always the most fun, that's also why I think the save @Padders had some years ago where he completed the challenge after 270 years or so is the best one yet! :D 

Wtf 270 years :eek:

just great @Paddersany suggestions what to do in situations like the above, when nothing seems to work well enough?

Edited by HanziZoloman

9 minutes ago, HanziZoloman said:

Wtf 270 years :eek:

just great @Paddersany suggestions what to do in situations like the above, when nothing seems to work well enough?

Think I did reply to you the other day, not sure if you replied back

Have you tried friendlies against low league sides?

Strip tactics back to basics 

Go a bit more direct, I tend to find drop in form/morale can bring silly mistakes from defenders (remove play out from the back)

Use players with good personality and determination

Sometimes you just have to grind it out and wait for a change in fortune

Edited by Padders