The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

On 01/01/2024 at 10:26, XaW said:

Ok, the thought of doing a youth only for EVERY Champions League in ONE save with ONE manager has been ticking around my brain ever since we talked about it here... and I've decided I'm going to try it! If I get fired I'll reapply when a new team comes along. Per what @darren1983 wrote, the "never played before" can be discounted, will make this possible, I think. Insane when I try to think about it logically, but the thought won't leave. So I've had a look around the net to find some Oceania leagues, as well as a close look at the Caribbean pack by @V50, and I think I have found a nice set of countries to add, as well as the rest of the NA competitions from @V50that makes the Caribbean leagues' qualification dynamic into the NA CL.

The countries added will be:

North America
Trinidad & Tobago
Curaçao
Grenada
St Kitts & Nevis

Oceania
Tahiti
Fiji
Papua New Guinea

My plan is to do this route:

North America
Oceania
Asia
Africa
South America
Europe

Also, full disclaimer, I will be doing this using IR at times, but also manage important matches like the continental ones, since I need the save to move along and I don't expect this to be finished any time soon. Especially if I get domestic dominance in a small league, then the focus will be only on continental matches. I think I will start in Curaçao with the Colombian team I tried this challenge with some years ago. Currently I'm just holidaying with the files added to make sure there won't be any errors far into the save. I'll add a post when I start the whole thing!

I've had this thought before trying to do a youth only Pentagon so can move teams (but with only the vanilla database). But as I've only attempted this challenge a couple of times and never got past first season I've always put it on the back burner. Be cool to see how you get on.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am 30.12.2023 um 21:23 schrieb Winski:

Well, that was it. My career at IR is over. I'm devastated, as IR is one of my favorite clubs in FM. Last season went so well. But we lost our best player(Óli Valur Hrólfsson 24b) to Bordeaux. But even more bad was that I started the season without a goalkeeper.... I had three GK's, but I released one of them because he was constantly moaning for playing time, while he was really not good enough to even sit on the bench. So I released him on a free. Only a couple of days later my first GK broke his leg: out for about 7 months. So I had only one GK left: a 17 year old lad from the 2025 intake. And also this guy broke his leg :eek: So I didn't have a GK when the season started. I put my tallest player on goal, but it all didn't help. We lost almost every match(some of the results were 12-1, 9-5, 8-0 and 8-2) and we got relegated. They sacked me after the season.

El1iSqm.jpg

I am really, really devastated. I don't know where I will be heading next. Probably a different save then a Youth Only for a while, as I'm done with it for now. :( 

My condolences! So bad! I feel deeply with you and hope you will come back with solace and stronger than ever before. 

3 minutes ago, HanziZoloman said:

Again somewhere else @XaW what happend to the Berlin guys? 

Still have the save on backburner if this doesn't pan out, but I just couldn't shake the feeling of wanting to try something special! :D 

2 minutes ago, syemo said:

I've had this thought before trying to do a youth only Pentagon so can move teams (but with only the vanilla database). But as I've only attempted this challenge a couple of times and never got past first season I've always put it on the back burner. Be cool to see how you get on.

Thanks. If I have thought about it before I completed it in South Africa, I would have continued that save, but since North America and Oceania is impossible to do with the vanilla db, I needed to restart. For all I know, I might never get past the first hurdle, but seeing as I have a clear long term goal in mind, it feels like something I can stick to.

Am 31.12.2023 um 16:03 schrieb tobiahabramson:

Macclesfield_Town_FC_svg.thumb.png.91f895a2143759e848704d220f6239f9.png

Macclesfield Town FC

Vanarama National League 

Season 11 2035-36

champions

Results

LeagueChampions - 1st place

FA Cup

Fourth Qualifying Round: Win 4-1 (replay) v. AFC Telford (National League)

First Round: Loss 2-4 v. Cambridge (League One)

FA Trophy

Third Round: Loss 1-2 v. AFC Fylde (National League)

Overview

A very stressful season, where it felt like at any point we were starting to slip up and would have the inevitable choke that would keep us out of the football leagues - but that never happened and we emerged as champions, confirming our league win on the final game of the season. We went 26-9-11, finishing with 87 points, After a start to the season with a few close draws and loses, we managed to keep winning 1-0 and 2-0 close games, where our defence and goalkeeper really shined, before getting outselves into first by December, a position from which we would not slip. A key 2-0 beating of 2nd place Stevenage in March all but confirmed it for us, opening up an 8 point gap. I nearly pulled my hair out at the end of the season, where we had two back to back games featuring a player of ours getting a double yellow red card, giving us two losses and letting Stevenage pull 6 points closer. It was all for naught as on the final day we beat Radcliffe 2-0 to confirm the championship. Throughout the season we had the best offence and the 4th or 5th best defence.

Cup-wise it was actually a fairly dismal year, we went out in the first round of the FA Cup to a League One Cambridge side that would go on to finish 22nd in their league, and then lost to fellow National League side Fylde in the FA Trophy 3rd round. I do think leaving these cups early helped us down the stretch with player fitness and game congestion issues.

We had a new player of the year and top goal scorer this year in Sean O'Connor. He had been lurking around the club for a few years as our 3rd striker, and had just been crushing it in that role, providing significant goal contribution. Giving this contribution, I felt it was time to give him a full-time chance, and he did not disappoint with 19 goals, 11 assists and a 7.3 average. Diego Mustoe, our star striker had somewhat of an off-year compared to his usual self, but still managed to get 18 goals, 9 assists and a 7.08 average rating. Our other new star player was central defender Aeon Vassallo who definitely emerged as the core of our defence and was just an incredible stopper. His 19 jumping reach and 12 heading is also a godsend for us on set pieces, and he finished as a tied-3rd best scorer, netting 10 goals and adding 3 assists.

This makes our 3rd trophy in the cabinet (including two Vanarama North League Titles). I managed to win my 2nd manager of the season award for my efforts.

Off the Field

To make room for Sean O'Connor, I made the difficult decision to sell on long-time stalwart and fan icon Davide Santangelo. He had been with us since the 2026 intake and has been a starting striker since then and was our leading youth appearances and goals player. When he left the club he had 321 club appearances, 143 goals, 54 assists and a 7.17 all time average rating, I'm still not convinced it was the right decision, but O'Connor had better stats, Santangelo was throwing a fit anytime he missed the start of a game and was starting to show cracks against better teams. He was sold to League One side Torquay for $400,000 - and only managed to feature in 5 games off the bench for them, failing to score. He is sadly on the transfer list there now, for much less than we sold him (RIP our sell-on clause). Nonetheless, he will be missed.

We also sold starting/squad defender Ben McGowan. He was from the same intake as Santangelo and was a starting CB for a while, but he was just overtaken in talent by younger youth prospects and eventually fell out of the team. I was just happy to get him off the payroll for a bit of money, and ended up selling him to League Two Morecambe for $10,000, where he featured in 34 games but had a dismal 6.54 rating. For Macclesfield, he featured in 280 games and had 11 goals.

We had no major facility improvements this year, but with the league win, we of course went Professional, and had our youth rating upgraded to a 2. I am definitely worried about the financial situation for next year, and will report back on what that looks like.

Youth Intake

A pretty dismal intake again, with only 1 elite player, a GK coming through, and 3 top talents. 

Intake Preview

Youth Intake

Elite Talent

Next Season

Our board want us to immediately become established in League Two, so I have my work cut out for me. I think our team is up for it. Onwards and Upwards!

Brilliant update, I read everything with much interest. It reminds me of the long years in VNS and the days of legends like Rhys Platt.

I‘m impressed how you get rid of those honorary players. It’s always very hard for me. Like this time Fabjon Mara. How do you think about those decisions?

Good work and hopefully you’ll impress in the EFL! Fingers crossed.

Edited by HanziZoloman

vor 7 Minuten schrieb XaW:

Still have the save on backburner if this doesn't pan out, but I just couldn't shake the feeling of wanting to try something special!

Berlin is special :D but Columbia surly is as well. viel Glück und viel Spaß 😉 

16 minutes ago, HanziZoloman said:

Berlin is special :D but Columbia surly is as well. viel Glück und viel Spaß 😉 

Curaçao ;) 

Just Colombian newgens! :D 

On 01/01/2024 at 11:26, XaW said:

Ok, the thought of doing a youth only for EVERY Champions League in ONE save with ONE manager has been ticking around my brain ever since we talked about it here... and I've decided I'm going to try it! If I get fired I'll reapply when a new team comes along. Per what @darren1983 wrote, the "never played before" can be discounted, will make this possible, I think. Insane when I try to think about it logically, but the thought won't leave. So I've had a look around the net to find some Oceania leagues, as well as a close look at the Caribbean pack by @V50, and I think I have found a nice set of countries to add, as well as the rest of the NA competitions from @V50that makes the Caribbean leagues' qualification dynamic into the NA CL.

The countries added will be:

North America
Trinidad & Tobago
Curaçao
Grenada
St Kitts & Nevis

Oceania
Tahiti
Fiji
Papua New Guinea

My plan is to do this route:

North America
Oceania
Asia
Africa
South America
Europe

Also, full disclaimer, I will be doing this using IR at times, but also manage important matches like the continental ones, since I need the save to move along and I don't expect this to be finished any time soon. Especially if I get domestic dominance in a small league, then the focus will be only on continental matches. I think I will start in Curaçao with the Colombian team I tried this challenge with some years ago. Currently I'm just holidaying with the files added to make sure there won't be any errors far into the save. I'll add a post when I start the whole thing!

Right. I let this challenge go, but you've inspired me so I'll have a go myself. However, my original goal was to complete it in each continent in different saves and that remains the main goal. I need to do North and South America and Oceania anyway. So I'll start there and see how my computer is running. If, say, after the second one it's lagging a lot I may have to give up. I will QR a lot as well. I also hope to complete with some countries that haven't been done before. 

I want to give myself options along the way, so I've mapped out 3 or 4 options for each continent for when I get there. I've tried to add the lower leagues, but it wasn't also possible with the edited databases. 

The only exception is I will (try to) finish the challenge in Germany which was always the original intention. 

I haven't done any research into the added databases, but have uploaded ones from people I've used before (mostly Riddler). The I'll add the following databases at the beginning, and plan to complete it in the following order:

Oceania - New Zealand, Fiji , New Caledonia

North America - Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras

South America - Argentina, Colombia

Africa - Egypt, Cameroon, Morocco, Ghana, Ivory Coast, South Africa

Asia - North Korea, Australia, China

Europe - Germany 

Let me know if you see any issues with any of those countries. I can always use a vanilla league if necessary along the way. 

I am running a small database to keep the computer sane. 

Edited by leyrtj

8 hours ago, leyrtj said:

Right. I let this challenge go, but you've inspired me so I'll have a go myself. However, my original goal was to complete it in each continent in different saves and that remains the main goal. I need to do North and South America and Oceania anyway. So I'll start there and see how my computer is running. If, say, after the second one it's lagging a lot I may have to give up. I will QR a lot as well. I also hope to complete with some countries that haven't been done before. 

I want to give myself options along the way, so I've mapped out 3 or 4 options for each continent for when I get there. I've tried to add the lower leagues, but it wasn't also possible with the edited databases. 

The only exception is I will (try to) finish the challenge in Germany which was always the original intention. 

I haven't done any research into the added databases, but have uploaded ones from people I've used before (mostly Riddler). The I'll add the following databases at the beginning, and plan to complete it in the following order:

Oceania - New Zealand, Fiji , New Caledonia

North America - Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras

South America - Argentina, Colombia

Africa - Egypt, Cameroon, Morocco, Ghana, Ivory Coast, South Africa

Asia - North Korea, Australia, China

Europe - Germany 

Let me know if you see any issues with any of those countries. I can always use a vanilla league if necessary along the way. 

I am running a small database to keep the computer sane. 

Great to see someone else try this out! :D

I was under the impression that New Zealand, Australia, and Mexico doesn't have promotion/relegation into non-league? If so, they are probably a better shot than the nations I've selected! :D 

6 hours ago, tobiahabramson said:

@XaW

What are the rules for senior affiliates? Can I accept one for the money and friendlies and if they give me a loan player just not play him?

Yeah, they are fine to have, but no loans in, so reject every loan they offer you.

@XaW Someone has completed it with Mexico according to the leaderboard. I think I've got it working with the underlined ones below. The others are back up in case the database doesn't work. I'm on FM20.

On the edited database, if there's no promotion to the lowest league, I load all but the lowest league, then there'll be a promotion there. I assume this is what others have done @darren1983 can you confirm this is okay?

Oceania - Vanuatu, Tahiti, New Zealand

North America - Costa Rica, Mexico

South America - Colombia, Argentina, Bolivia

Europe - Germany, Croatia, Denmark

Asia - Qatar, China, UAE 

Africa - Egypt, South Africa, Ivory, Coast

14 minutes ago, leyrtj said:

@XaW Someone has completed it with Mexico according to the leaderboard. I think I've got it working with the underlined ones below. The others are back up in case the database doesn't work. I'm on FM20.

On the edited database, if there's no promotion to the lowest league, I load all but the lowest league, then there'll be a promotion there. I assume this is what others have done @darren1983 can you confirm this is okay?

Asia - Qatar, China, UAE 

Yeah, I think Mexico changed a few years back. It used to be possible, but there were someone talking about how the Mexican league had changed, so I assumed it don't work. As for New Zealand and Australia, I'm pretty confident they don't work, other than in "fantasy leagues" that are not something we can use. If you use FM20, then Mexico might work fine.

So, this are the pictures with our team in the season 2025-2026 :

best112526.thumb.jpg.12d18a794080716bfa1ae2b640480c74.jpg

the best players in my opinion are :

zsi.thumb.jpg.8fc929aec10370ab79eb6f872015dcaf.jpgMisala.thumb.jpg.94c4d111ee01c089c32693b70984a0f7.jpgliso.thumb.jpg.6a5a348a55ecf1fc02425555aef87ecc.jpg

and the chairman has agreed to improve the club facilitiestrainingfac.thumb.jpg.886013742f8d37a6d8198dd4b4d02bcc.jpgyouthfacimp..thumb.jpg.7d30c5258d518503775db93f854d9d6d.jpgyouthrecruitment.thumb.jpg.956be5d2b93458ad675642416e78cae8.jpg

now about the U19 team, they were promoted:

U19endseason.thumb.jpg.a7f38f28754683eeba5482b3e6adf34f.jpgU19promoted.thumb.jpg.980ef831dd2b0bddfbe701b9eed27e4b.jpg

And the most important, the youth intake and the best youth players . Not an amazing preview :

youthintakepreview.thumb.jpg.7f22602cdbbfbda2ee2c644d7fc1cae6.jpg

and so was and the intake :

youthintakeelitetop.thumb.jpg.7654f0f70cb20e9840e67bbcf4d89c84.jpgyouthintaketherest.thumb.jpg.6f10fe52c8bf0badd8dca432a7db1cbc.jpg

and this are the top 3 players :

hubert15yoAMR.thumb.jpg.4138b36f6c36eb5c92a1cea07976736c.jpgLis15yoST.thumb.jpg.b79cba03fecbd17845d15a44619cc257.jpgThomas15yoDM.thumb.jpg.7bfc6bd0f8c2a28f589abec367f59adc.jpg

and this is the report for all the youth intake:

youthintakereports.thumb.jpg.b738869584233e2ee5f0226a8efa3343.jpg

no transfers in as you can see :

transfers2526.thumb.jpg.7975d565cad8d7a4fedfbfd6b3b47bee.jpg

and this is the club and myself MisterMister.thumb.jpg.0b198b46f4cf7278bb43d45e90c21798.jpgat the end of the season :

club.thumb.jpg.27e59903d4cb0fe2700447bed39ca97a.jpg

the club changed the vision and now we have the youth development as a must :newphilosophy.thumb.jpg.1dd6adbcabf81ff702cb17f2d83d2153.jpg

I think that iss all for now, thank you for reading !

Edited by TeoTimish
wrong picture

image.png.c40b48b8b86c9c93ef9ba80da1f2c3ad.png

Well god damn, you can't say we didnt absolutely stick it to them. We never  beat a big team but our biggest loss was 4-0 to eventual champions newtown, and honestly, thats not too bad. 34 points, 8 wins, and staying up to fight another season when we've proven we can just about play in that midpack. Youth intake was alright we've got some more starters from it but still, nobody to really write home about. Can't complain overall. We were deadly from set pieces, with 14 of our 41 goals coming from them, but, we also conceded way too many (22 of 61)  and will have to change our set piece defense next season, with all of this I firmly believe that we can stay up and push for the European Playoffs next season.

League Performance

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5074f8babe115ac5fa1d5831caa70df3.png

image.thumb.png.9bc3628f2ac9c30ded3ead17da7bfdbc.png

image.thumb.png.fb0e4c52b3852b3b0110c942af890726.png

xG TABLE: 

image.png.b38c8960491023859c2ae903efb2fa59.png

Well. We did what we had to and other teams underperformed. Good season.

image.thumb.png.472e4e5c28ee62beb6094c7a2be2c214.png

Europe / Cups

Spoiler

no comment. image.thumb.png.c0f2dcd721983fc8c18bb3fa975bab12.png

The Squad

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.79745a295fdc8d55b0280edee5640dc9.png

Youth Intake

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9c31a5728c465aa4602cc8fc4b3862a6.png

Edited by HenTheChicken

48 minutes ago, CJ'43 said:

image.png.50e6884283260c5bb00964bb3e098e

Kavala Football Club / Αθλητικός Όμιλος Καβάλα

Season 9 - 2032/33

Schedule / Squad / Transfers / Finances / Manager

Season Summary: This year was a little bit disappointing, marking the first time playing in our new stadium. I was hoping we could fight for our first-ever European qualification; however, that wasn't even considered. We won only one of the first 10 games, and even with interesting results such as a 1-1 draw at home and a 2-1 win in Athens against the 55-time champions Olympiacos, it was not enough to qualify for the championship group. We ended up in 3rd place in the relegation phase, 19 points away from going down. (Regular phase / Relegation phase) In the cup, a premature exit against Iraklis from the Super League 2.

You're right about the jump from SL2 to SL1. I am struggling similarly, even with allowing myself to re-sign homegrown players, which is why I do not post on this thread. In my first season in SL1 I am currently above the last two teams, but I also had a 12-game winless streak. Your posts do not fill me with hope. :D

Your intakes look good every year, I think it's a matter of time before you start getting into the European Qualification group.

You would be doing a lot better without the new stadium, that expense is crazy in a league with minimal prize/TV money.

Edited by BillHoudini24

2 hours ago, XaW said:

CmxXZbl.png

XaW - Astros de Colombia (Curaçao) - Season 2026 (Season 3) - CLiga MCB 1st Division

zv9A3YH.png

iuZJf1K.png

1Z8J0Dj.png

tH6v6Wm.png

Squad | Transfers | Finances

Almost, so very close to a perfect trio of seasons, but no, Jong Holland (CUR) got the better of us in the final. We honestly should have won it, as we crushed them 5-0 in the final match of the Fourth Round only a week before. But some times the ball just doesn't want to hit the net. It is what it is, and we'll go again next season. The team really is good. A few of the players I started with are now "Leading" players for this tier, so I think the Colombian link is boosting us. And a few of the players from the intakes are claiming spots in the team too. I have no idea if this qualifies us for any continental football, so we'll just see what the next seasons brings. Onwards!

Around the world

rcCkSys.png

Youth intake:

UyaAmtQ.png

h4OUiD8.png

BOldrst.png

W6vtuLt.png

1ej8HkB.png

M7S7QID.png

Trophy cabinet

Curaçao Segundo Division - 2025 (Astros de Colombia)
Curaçao Terser Division - 2024 (Astros de Colombia)

Player statistics:

Most apps for me

Name			Club			Nation		2nd Nation	Time at club	Apps
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
José Rodríguez 24b	Astros de Colombia	Curaçao		Colombia	2024-Present	53
Jorge Luís Peñaloza 24a	Astros de Colombia	Colombia	<N/A>		2024-Present	31
Wilmer Valencia 25a	Astros de Colombia	Curaçao		Colombia	2025-Present	30
Shermar Delando 25b	Astros de Colombia	Curaçao		Colombia	2025-Present	30
Santiago Hinestroza 25c	Astros de Colombia	Curaçao		Colombia	2025-Present	26

Most goals for me

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wilmer Valencia 25a	Astros de Colombia	Curaçao		Colombia	2025-Present	12
Jorge Luís Peñaloza 24a	Astros de Colombia	Colombia	<N/A>		2024-Present	2
José Rodríguez 24b	Astros de Colombia	Curaçao		Colombia	2024-Present	2
Éder Lara 24c		Astros de Colombia	Curaçao		Colombia	2024-Present	2
Santiago Hinestroza 25c	Astros de Colombia	Curaçao		Colombia	2025-Present	2

Most assists for me

Wilmer Valencia 25a	Astros de Colombia	Curaçao		Colombia	2025-Present	5
José Rodríguez 24b	Astros de Colombia	Curaçao		Colombia	2024-Present	4
Kenji Ogenia 25d	Astros de Colombia	Curaçao		<N/A>		2025-Present	4
Éder Lara 24c		Astros de Colombia	Curaçao		Colombia	2024-Present	2
Víctor Galvis 24i	Astros de Colombia	Curaçao		Colombia	2024-2026	2

Supporters:

ICUXJQf.png

Summary:

Ni69F8d.png

Great stuff. The rounds are called "Kaya 6" and "Kaya 4" which I'm not sure of the translation, but picked 6th and 4th rounds to get the gist as there isn't an option.

TS_Sporting.png.479e13c7202b6385cdf7f6368040df37.png

South Africa - TS Sporting FC

South Africa Premier Soccer League

2029/30 (Season 6)

League Prediction: 12th

Actual finish: 5th

I was hopeful of pushing on this season and challenging for continental qualification. But in November, after 4 straight defeats, we were sitting 12th and it wasn't looking likely. Worst thing is I know what the problem is but I don't want to do anything about it! I have a very attacking formation with a very top heavy squad, meaning our better players are by far our attacking players. So I play as many as I can, but results are erratic at best. When we lose, we tend to lose 7-4 or some bonkers score line like that. 

I stubbornly continued and after christmas we started to get the better end of the score lines and 6 wins out of our last 7 threw us up to 5th

30leaguetable.jpg.7335b62975fac47fcd6df1c7505a0756.jpg

Players

So here is the unbalanced team and tactics. I love it!

30bestXI.thumb.JPG.b2e4538f1523c1fc9dc249616f750dd3.JPG

There's no back up in defence at all really. Up front we have lots of options, so much so that our best player Sinethemba Nune 27A will probably be sold before next season. He is whining about joining a team with better players and I'm not sure I can put up with his BS.

Top Scorer:- Senele Bunting 27B - Spearheading the front 3 as a poacher means he gets lots of chances, which he takes with aplomb. 26 goals in 35 starts as part of 3 man attack is pretty good!

Player of the Season:- Phakamani Molefe 25K - shows the importance of loans in this save. He didn't have the best potential when he came through so I kept sending him out on loan. He kept coming back better and better, to such an extent I decided to throw him in the first team for this season. Where he got a 7.55 rating over the season. He was great! and at 21, one of the old men of the side!

Youth

For some reason I didn't get a preview again. Maybe because I changed HoYD? who knows.... anyway, the intake was ok when it came in

29youthintake.thumb.JPG.df54faf302a5e056ab842ad60c87cd96.JPG

Only two elite talents but Zuma was a centre back, which I was desperate for. And his starting attributes are hugely encouraging

30Zuma.thumb.JPG.eb2cdd8c7392b0cdc20469d5ae5b9e6b.JPG

Career

It's good fun in South Africa, even if it does look like we've stalled the last couple of seasons. But with decent money, decent facilities, we should be challenging before too long

30career.thumb.JPG.f77c08f5c56c661640bb027bd85c3f80.JPG

3 hours ago, V50 said:

Great stuff. The rounds are called "Kaya 6" and "Kaya 4" which I'm not sure of the translation, but picked 6th and 4th rounds to get the gist as there isn't an option.

Maybe "Round of 6" and "Round of 4" would be on the point? I was a bit confused when I saw the 4 best teams in the "Sixth round" qualified for the "Fourth round". But it's not a big deal, it's quite easy to work out when looking at it, just by the glance it looked a bit odd.

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

Maybe "Round of 6" and "Round of 4" would be on the point? I was a bit confused when I saw the 4 best teams in the "Sixth round" qualified for the "Fourth round". But it's not a big deal, it's quite easy to work out when looking at it, just by the glance it looked a bit odd.

No option for that :( you pick predetermined round names in the editor.

11 minutes ago, V50 said:

No option for that :( you pick predetermined round names in the editor.

Ah, then I see! Then I get the rounds getting the names.

11 hours ago, leyrtj said:

Asia - Qatar, China, UAE 

@darren1983 Could you let me know about the above? If it's not okay let me know, no worries. Just don't want to start a save and then find out it doesn't follow the rules. 

Looking at doing the challenge in all 6 continents in one save. The issue is Oceania where I can't get any of the databases using promotion/relegation into the bottom league. My workaround is outlined above. For example, the Vanuatu database I have loaded has 3 leagues in the database. I therefore load the top two leagues, meaning there'll be a promoted team into the second division (from the 3rd). Not technically unplayable as such, but not sure what else I'd do in Oceania. I was also plannign to do the same in Costa Rica and Egypt.

Edited by leyrtj

21 minutes ago, leyrtj said:

@darren1983 Could you let me know about the above? If it's not okay let me know, no worries. Just don't want to start a save and then find out it doesn't follow the rules. 

Looking at doing the challenge in all 6 continents in one save. The issue is Oceania where I can't get any of the databases using promotion/relegation into the bottom league. My workaround is outlined above. For example, the Vanuatu database I have loaded has 3 leagues in the database. I therefore load the top two leagues, meaning there'll be a promoted team into the second division (from the 3rd). Not technically unplayable as such, but not sure what else I'd do in Oceania. I was also plannign to do the same in Costa Rica and Egypt.

Sorry mate, I honestly thought I'd responded earlier but obviously not.

For any country that has 3 or more divisions but no promotion/relegation from the bottom one what you would need to do is load all divisions and take over at the club that finishes bottom. 

40 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

For any country that has 3 or more divisions but no promotion/relegation from the bottom one what you would need to do is load all divisions and take over at the club that finishes bottom. 

Thanks for the reply. That makes sense. 

47 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

@darren1983 Just checking. What about if there are 2 leagues with no prom/rel? Same thing? Choose the team bottom?

image.png.2c46e1d0a76914564d15cf2e1274f75b.png

image.thumb.png.8ecab88b7133eef6c97a20c31ab83e9a.png

So we begin the challenge in Vanuatu with Mauriki FC in the 3rd tier. The database we're using goes down to 3 leagues, and at the end of the season actually had promotion and relegation, so we didn't need to take the worst team. With 4 groups of 8 teams and 2 going down in each league, there were 8 teams to choose from. Originally I could only find three of them, then I realized that in the season preview, the "R" next to the favourites were actually "P". Yes, 7 of the top 12 favourites had been promoted the previous year. It gets stranger, but that's for the first update - we're most of the way through the first season to make sure everything is working. 

The plan for the save is to go in the following order. The country underlined is the country we plan to do, but things may change along the way. When we feel we might be close to finishing off one continent we're load 5 leagues from the next continent, including some vanilla leagues. I plan to get through the seasons as quickly as possible, especially at the beginning. 

North America - Costa Rica, Mexico, Honduras

Asia - Qatar, China, UAE 

Africa - Egypt, Ivory Coast, South Africa

if anyone has/gets any regens from obscure nations (ranked 100 or less), I have began a new thread for people to share those players. No pressure though. Meant to be an addon to a existing save, not really to replace the Youth Challenge. Here's the link:

@XaW glad to see you taking up the challenge of the Youth Pentagon! I think I am going to try it not all in one save, but more the trying to do the challenge in each continent (separate saves) first, before I think about the beast mode you are attempting.

Will be following with interest though