The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

7 hours ago, glennuk said:

Well here is to hoping in a couple years they sell him for 10-15 mil and you are set for life :)

That's the hope! He signed a 4 year deal, so the possibility is certainly there!

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always pay attention to my former players, because I would ideally like to have a staff of ONLY former youth players. So I noticed that one of them are now a coach, not a good coach, but a coach still. And he has a good personality, so get in the van, kid! I'll send you on as many coaching courses as I can convince the board of! :D 

oxSovs0.png

49 minutes ago, The7Striker said:

@XaW If you can change Dan's personality, he'll be an excellent player.:D

Yeah, I'll work on it, but I don't havet too many players who I'd consider good tutors yet. Hopefully in time, though, as I have gotten some excellent staff!

AR0AvEz.png

uGIDZzZ.png

Eq6BKFd.png

@Gonner loved that update, especially the look back at the class of 25. Your intake looks good with the 2 wingers especially. Great progress dude.

@Annersconnor sneddon ooft!! Glad you got the sell on clause sorted for him, he'll be a champions league calibre centre half in a few years. Hope you keep us posted on his progress!

7 hours ago, glennuk said:

@Gundo - Nice to see you in here. Been a while since I was a regular back in the early days of the Dafuge and Gundo FM challenges! Hope it goes well in Norway :)

Thanks, glennuk, they were some fun times back then. :) 

Good look in Japan. And unlucky in the playoffs this term – I hate those obscure sorting rules for such games. :idiot:

mGT5FPs.png

2028/29 Midseason Review - Belgian Third Tier - Season 5

uN8J5R2.png 

Very rollercoaster type of a season for us thus far. I expect to finish midtable still, but hopefully more consistent. 

CvyYf7z.png

Wing or Striker was my top wishlist for this intake, so I'm glad to see that.

image.png.9f3f357f234fa56a538791aa786d88ec.png

Rein Meer AKA ReinBerg -Season 3 -  Japan J3 League - Mid Year Review & Youth Intake Preview

League

So the predicted drop off has started. Losing our best and most creative midfielder was a tough pill to swallow and it has certainly hurt us pretty bad. It has not been a complete disaster by any means, but we have certainly not looked as strong as we had in the first two seasons when we were usually in and around the playoff places. Hibiki Wada has become my most prolific striker (and currently the most prolific in the league), which is a slight surprise as he had usually been 3rd choice in previous seasons.

image.thumb.png.a78a7ed1cc809a28c4c7d97adc09f8b6.png

Upgrade & New Contract & Coaching Course

I saw somewhere that someone suggested asking for improvements immediately after signing a new deal. I signed my new deal, asked for an upgrade and it worked!! Thanks fellow forum members (sorry I can not for the life of me recall who suggested it)

image.thumb.png.c79a9a50473b8b8a9e5cfbeaae5db338.png

image.thumb.png.c130a254f2b468d52a561dbb3c5d2100.png

image.thumb.png.191482576cc8f75627ee30d913874a08.png

Youth Intake Preview

After a couple of disappointing intakes, some of my legacy players leaving, retiring etc. I was really hoping for some A's or B's in the intake. None present, but an Excellent Intake?? Hopefully that rings true despite the poor letter grades. I could REALLY do with a couple of CMs. So let's hope the intake delivers.

image.thumb.png.57cfec0a8fef059058432dfcbbcd0aa9.png

19 minutes ago, janesy20 said:

Can anyone explain to me please when starting in Norway...The last level seems unplayable, am I just starting in PostNord Ligaen 1 or 2? thanks.

Hey. You can't start a game in the Norwegian third division, like you say, it isn't playable. For this challenge, you can start this challenge with a club promoted from the third to the second division.  

Edited by Gundo

42 minutes ago, janesy20 said:

Can anyone explain to me please when starting in Norway...The last level seems unplayable, am I just starting in PostNord Ligaen 1 or 2? thanks.

If you want to start lower down @XaW has down to the 5th tier in his LL file.

2 hours ago, janesy20 said:

As @Gundowrites, just holiday for a season and take over a team promoted into the 3rd tier, of, if you want a team from lower, download my file and go from there.

hondafcbadge.png.8c2502e2a1a3882a46a084e0fddb7221.png

Japan - Honda FC/Haneda

Division 1 = 2040 (season 17 i think)

Objectives: Get back in the Champions League!

Season Summary

League: We absolutely destroyed the league this season. It was great! Everything clicked and we swept all aside with aplomb. We won the title with months to spare!

40leaguetable.JPG.dbb1e737e250d8701d1403ba7c88c40b.JPG

Emperor's Cup: We're usually terrible in domestic cups but we were so good this season we got to the final without even breaking a sweat. We had a really easy game to win the double as well, Avispa Fukuoka who only narrowly avoided relegation. We'd hammered them 5-2 in the league, and we hammered them in the final too. Only to somehow draw 1-1 and lose on penalties! 

40emperorscuptree.thumb.JPG.e99c822fbe939b6be2a103831708f3ba.JPG

Champions League: Another nice easy coast through the group stage

40champleagueresults.thumb.JPG.fa401c375b27aae275086c3c5d57592d.JPG

the added bonus is the next round doesn't see us playing Hiroshima! Maybe this time we'll get through!

Players

So, our top scorer last season was Ren Ninomiya 33A weith 45 goals. So what do I do? I dropped him! I was never too happy with him as he only had 9 pace, and there were two youngsters chomping at the bit so I gave them a chance. They did well, Ninomiya sulked, and I don't take too well to sulkers, so he ended the season 6th choice striker. Pretty immense fall from grace from the lad. Even when I went back to a narrow 4-3-3 he couldn't get near the team

40players.thumb.JPG.20e03dcdd295943a4fb2edd9e6bd2965.JPG

I turned down a £20m offer from Stuttgart for Maicon 34A

A 3 star rating is deemed a star player for J1 league, just to give you an idea how good this team is

Youth

it kinda explains why these youth intakes look comparatively poor I guess. No elite talents but still an excellent intake apparently

40youthpreview.thumb.JPG.450866026b42583653b870a1e58a8f9c.JPG

40intake.thumb.JPG.576429cb11318d6d8c54b0e9bd0d5245.JPG

Finances

It's not all roses however. We're losing an absolute tonne of money due to the wages I've had to splash out to try and keep my star players happy. I cashed in a 50% sell on clause for £12m and still ended up losing £10m over the season. And then the board announced this:-

40newstadium.thumb.JPG.2cf28c1ef7ca2f55de89307472cbbb56.JPG

This is gonna really put our finances under pressure! I mean, it's not really sustainable at this point is it?

40FINANCES.thumb.JPG.5f2d0136280fc841579e4c91a9ecd853.JPG

Career

I might only have this last chance at the Champions League. Our close season hasn't gone too well - half the team are sulking because I rejected bids for them and Taiga Fujita 32A, arguably our best player, not only did his cruciate ligament but then announced he'll be leaving on a free at the end of the season. Really frustrating!

40career.thumb.JPG.6c4890ba7169f75fb2a59881dde9a560.JPG

I offered a bunch of players on loan on July 1st and the excact same "bug" happened this year. All 100+ bids are for fringe players status. Every single one of them, irregardless of how good the player or club are. 

This game is so full of bugs, yet it's the most polished game so far according to SI :lol:

Logo.png.696dad5339755e36c1e0ae453b70137e.png

Smethwick Rangers 2029/30

Northern Premier League Division One Midlands

League.JPG.bac7680f632a81d8f1645a7fd213733c.JPG

We were not good enough this season. Although we were never really in trouble, we never managed to reach our usual level.

Squad

Formation.JPG.6c175c4b3c93210f48dcbea5d7dfa96d.JPG
Squad.thumb.JPG.c50f25c6695319f99b8586f47d562356.JPG

Our financial issues are now showing through our lack of talented youngsters. Most of the squad is the same 5 years in,with only 3 players that grew into regular starters.

Due to aging as well as budget cuts from the board, we are going to let Crouz, Daniels and Mills go. Coughlin and Rowland only want to sign a non-contract so they'll be available to pick up by everyone. Rowland attracting interest from VNN/S teams means he'll probably take the first offer that comes in.

Parton is one of the guys that managed to get himself a starting spot right away. Although he fell back immensely attribute-wise, he's very much needed.

Rowland is still the midfield maestro. I can only hope it takes a bit of time before bigger clubs come in for him.

Even in a bad season, Feeney made it to 30 goals again.

Parton.thumb.JPG.5c423906cf693a27aa4b00a36201ec1b.JPGRowland.thumb.JPG.dc5cb5381a0ca5b4686efa057c11a57f.JPGFeeney.thumb.JPG.adda386e917d495ee3f6c6ed84d5e9cb.JPG

Transfers

Transfers.thumb.JPG.a9df7f483ff85ed12428b35e89b5a55d.JPG

Loans again

Youth intake

Youth1.JPG.f204288079f80b0c5e0607f23d1c23ee.JPG
Youth2.JPG.bfc0e6fae2eef35b9e608e9ff4fbe5d5.JPG

This years intake looked amazing at first, but the CA is way behind as usual. A few of them look nice, but this doesn't seem to be a lot for the first team yet.

Shineton looks decent and will be battling it out with Adewumi for a starting sport once Coughlin retires.

Horne seems decent as well. I like his team work, technique and flair for this level, just how on earth can he play LWB as well?

Monaghan will be taking Mills' place in the squad as a left back. He's a master of none but at least has no real weaknesses for his position.

Wigley is 201cm. I love him already.

YShineton.JPG.ad903d08cb59a27d39ebfc071f81e5ba.JPGYHorne.JPG.bd302ebeff800fc681aa4db1a1c0bc48.JPGYMonaghan.JPG.20986c556627f991b5a900f061a47dab.JPGYWigley.JPG.c983b398e9dd521c27bb74db012fa093.JPG

Last but not least:

PartonTraining.thumb.JPG.3f2d384e8420874dc67f59948f45f10c.JPG

I've never seen this happen before. I don't know what happened, received no message as to why this might be, and no injury. All I know is he lost his Unambitious personality and is now Fairly Sporting, but that should be a good thing, right? Maybe the +3 in concentration come from there but I can't explain the total crash in every other aspect. Just the Def Pos training attributes have 'survived'.

Any one of you guys have a suggestion on what might've happened here?

Edited by BustaRaymes

Wow @BustaRaymes - I have never seen a stat decrease that bad!! Usually I have some drops (I believe because of my poor training facilities compared with my junior coaching maybe???) but that is usually accompanied by some improvements in other areas. EG: A drop in technicals, but increase in mentals.

No idea, but we have quite a few that are WAYYYY heavier into the stats and analysis than me (I am jealous of them), so I am sure someone may have an explanation.

58 minutes ago, glennuk said:

Wow @BustaRaymes - I have never seen a stat decrease that bad!! Usually I have some drops (I believe because of my poor training facilities compared with my junior coaching maybe???) but that is usually accompanied by some improvements in other areas. EG: A drop in technicals, but increase in mentals.

No idea, but we have quite a few that are WAYYYY heavier into the stats and analysis than me (I am jealous of them), so I am sure someone may have an explanation.

Yes same for me, the trade-offs and declining technicals have been happening for years, but this I cannot explain. I know of most stuff that can happen but I'm not that much into analysis either and can't remember seeing this.

11 hours ago, BustaRaymes said:

Any one of you guys have a suggestion on what might've happened here?

I would only think that level of regression would be possible with a major injury, like a broken spine or something... I know that major injuries in very rare occasions can actually lower PA, and if his CA was at PA then the CA would have to be lowered to match the new PA. But as I said, that's for the very rare occasions and afaik only is linked to injuries. 

In a completely unrelated question, has anyone else managed in South Africa lately? I finally hired a HoYD, but I still don't get youth previews, so I'm wondering if it's not something that happens there for any reason? I still don't have an assistant or anything, so still have to manage the youth team too, albeit I tab out and do other things while the game plays! :D 

17 minutes ago, XaW said:

I would only think that level of regression would be possible with a major injury, like a broken spine or something... I know that major injuries in very rare occasions can actually lower PA, and if his CA was at PA then the CA would have to be lowered to match the new PA. But as I said, that's for the very rare occasions and afaik only is linked to injuries. 

In a completely unrelated question, has anyone else managed in South Africa lately? I finally hired a HoYD, but I still don't get youth previews, so I'm wondering if it's not something that happens there for any reason? I still don't have an assistant or anything, so still have to manage the youth team too, albeit I tab out and do other things while the game plays! :D 

No but in Japan, I had to get youth recruitment first (I got it by increasing junior coaching, rather than by improving youth recruitment). So before I got the upgrade I did not have a youth intake preview etc.

Could it be the same in South Africa?

7 minutes ago, glennuk said:

No but in Japan, I had to get youth recruitment first (I got it by increasing junior coaching, rather than by improving youth recruitment). So before I got the upgrade I did not have a youth intake preview etc.

Could it be the same in South Africa?

I have both, and I get the intake, I just don't get the preview for whatever reason.

10 minutes ago, glennuk said:

OH. Sorry I misread. That is odd. Probably a bug. I'd report it.

Yeah, I will, I just want to add enough staff first, just in case there is some issues there with me not having much staff at all. If it continues, I'll report it.

Oh! They've fixed it so we now see when WE poach players too! :D

he0hRzf.png

I mean, the player doesn't look like much, but Woohoo!

Edit: Ah, man we are poaching like there's no tomorrow! :D 

9MzLY5Z.png

Edited by XaW