The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

This is perhaps the most monumentally stupid idea I've ever witnessed.

image.png.ddc98bbcc7f9cb75ed27ff1ab5f40d37.png

Oh GREAT idea. Let's spend money we don't have, on a new stadium we don't need which has a capacity 9500 LESS THAN OUR CURRENT ONE. What the $^%("£(^!? We wont be able to build a bigger one for 25 years. Seriously, this has killed my desire to carry on this save.

We're £500k in the red already. I haven't been able to get a single coaching badge because we cant afford it and the board are off spending millions on a stadium 20% the size of our existing one.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

il y a 7 minutes, SuperRedditch a dit :

Oh GREAT idea. Let's spend money we don't have, on a new stadium we don't need which has a capacity 9500 LESS THAN OUR CURRENT ONE. What the $^%("£(^!? We wont be able to build a bigger one for 25 years. Seriously, this has killed my desire to carry on this save.

We're £500k in the red already. I haven't been able to get a single coaching badge because we cant afford it and the board are off spending millions on a stadium 20% the size of our existing one.

That's quite the amount of money for such a small stadium... I feel your pain.

il y a 29 minutes, the_hdk a dit :

h1fDkYx.png

xkYcWK0.png

Transfer History

Well I already teased you guys. But we did it. Won the Asian Champions League. The Dutch Total Football has landed  in Mie. We also won our second championship. Only Urawa was in the run together with us. We did not manage to get a cup in the end besides the SuperCup. Took us 12 seasons in the end.

IMAZEKI was sold and replaced by the soon to be wonderkid KATAYAMA at age of 16. Dude grew up to 4 stars and had 22 goals in 36 games and took teh TopScorer title at age of 16. Japan will def enjoy him for a while. In our last season EL ARABI sneaked into the first team. The now 18 year is already a player of under-21 of Dutchies. And still alot to learn. NAKAMOTO was the our main goaly and only player to be a regular in Japanese national team. Has already 16 caps.

Fiorentina with a surprise title there.

Sale of IMAZEKI

77W39cI.png

Second Championship.

iz6gG7y.png

Cool new overview in FM24. Really love this kind of detail.

o4QJ9ba.png

CL Final

We had an easy 3-0 win at hime.

RLqu6y2.png

Away was even easier. 4-0. We dominated them. ASHTON in the end with MoM. Was a very anti-climatic final. Also I forgot asia had a two-leggeg final :D. So I was celabrating and than thought I missed the ceremony just to see there was a game to go.

cKS71fd.png

Celabrations!

QInqgXY.png

Last Youth intake.

OMZzOiq.png

No Foreign intake. MARAOKA looks good. Will probbly have gotten into the first team eventually.

Thats it for Veertien Mie. I'm going to take an FM break for a few weeks. And maybe try to tackle this challange again in few months.

Congrats ! That was quick :) 

41 minutos atrás, SuperRedditch disse:

Oh, trust me, this 100% tracks with football clubs in Portugal.

Also, hasn't the time to build a new stadium been changed to 10 years now?

1 hour ago, the_hdk said:

h1fDkYx.png

xkYcWK0.png

Transfer History

Well I already teased you guys. But we did it. Won the Asian Champions League. The Dutch Total Football has landed  in Mie. We also won our second championship. Only Urawa was in the run together with us. We did not manage to get a cup in the end besides the SuperCup. Took us 12 seasons in the end.

IMAZEKI was sold and replaced by the soon to be wonderkid KATAYAMA at age of 16. Dude grew up to 4 stars and had 22 goals in 36 games and took teh TopScorer title at age of 16. Japan will def enjoy him for a while. In our last season EL ARABI sneaked into the first team. The now 18 year is already a player of under-21 of Dutchies. And still alot to learn. NAKAMOTO was the our main goaly and only player to be a regular in Japanese national team. Has already 16 caps.

Sale of IMAZEKI

77W39cI.png

Second Championship.

iz6gG7y.png

o4QJ9ba.png

CL Final

RLqu6y2.png

Away was even easier. 4-0. We dominated them. ASHTON in the end with MoM. Was a very anti-climatic final. Also I forgot asia had a two-leggeg final :D. So I was celabrating and than thought I missed the ceremony just to see there was a game to go.

cKS71fd.png

Celabrations!

QInqgXY.png

Last Youth intake.

OMZzOiq.png

No Foreign intake. MARAOKA looks good. Will probbly have gotten into the first team eventually.

Thats it for Veertien Mie. I'm going to take an FM break for a few weeks. And maybe try to tackle this challange again in few months.

Congratulations man! What a run!

1 hour ago, SuperRedditch said:

Brutal, there has to be something in the game's coding that pushes these clubs to want to abandon old real stadiums. 

Thanks guys.  Japan is also a great country for the challange, although once you are enstablished than winning the CL is quite easy (seems).

and veertien mie was a great fun. Next year when I visit Japan i'm going to try to buy a jersey :D

2 hours ago, SuperRedditch said:

Must be golden toilets installed for Directors only I guess :lol:

That's just horrendous mismanagement, feels like a bug to be honest.

I'd be in the same position as you questioning whether to carry on as thats going to make it much harder financially.

2 hours ago, the_hdk said:

h1fDkYx.png

xkYcWK0.png

Transfer History

Sale of IMAZEKI

77W39cI.png

Second Championship.

iz6gG7y.png

o4QJ9ba.png

CL Final

RLqu6y2.png

cKS71fd.png

Celabrations!

QInqgXY.png

Last Youth intake.

OMZzOiq.png

Get in @the_hdk :applause:

Great backdrop to the save and truly well deserved.

Time for a break or for the next country? :D

14 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

Get in @the_hdk :applause:

Great backdrop to the save and truly well deserved.

Time for a break or for the next country? :D

thanks!. def a break. want to play a bit with my hometown club (Widzew Lodz). and maybe in jan/feb I will start a new save :)

3 hours ago, the_hdk said:

h1fDkYx.png

xkYcWK0.png

Transfer History

Sale of IMAZEKI

77W39cI.png

Second Championship.

iz6gG7y.png

o4QJ9ba.png

CL Final

RLqu6y2.png

cKS71fd.png

Celabrations!

QInqgXY.png

Last Youth intake.

OMZzOiq.png

Congrats on the first completion of FM 24 - 8 days after the game actually came out :D :applause:

13 minutes ago, JAwtunes said:

That's my team in Poland thanks to a YAC save a few yrs back. I still check in on them from time to time.  This picture was a Christmas present from a couple of yrs ago and sits just above my monitor.

IMG_20231114_165350390.jpg

ohh thats amazing :D I grew up close to the stadium before moving to the netherlands.

Logo.png.6c68592e4cb23f0263c59d37d1a7af23.png

Bjelovar is.....over

So I think this save was one and half season long. I was hyped after first season but when we did turn back to semi-pro all the problems started. Players started to moan about training and morale was dropping like water on stormy night! November was last straw to me. We didn't win a single game scoring only two and conceeding ton! 

Lossafterloss.png.d16bd6ec03981b7b150c436c46ff3f2f.png

I was hoping the takeover because there was rumours and we had second embargo but nothing happened

BjelovarChairpersonlookingtostepaside.png.871d077050dd9f4b706985c39bbcaa09.png

NoIntake!.png.49599859efa699eef184c5e8ca1e3553.png

Also finances were lot on red so that's the other thing why i'm starting this over somewhere else!

Finances.thumb.png.d6b929953343a1f92433d4dc338015d2.png

4 horas atrás, SuperRedditch disse:

Ouch

It reminded me of my save at Arosa in FM23, where the board spent 5M in the third division. :seagull:

Congrats @the_hdk! Great job! :applause:

@SuperRedditch - There is no hard 25 year limit anymore, it was removed years ago. Even back in FM19 when I completed this with Kettering, my board built two stadiums in 7 years. So even if it's a dumb idea by the board, you aren't screwed out of a new stadium anyway.

I am thinking of just reseting and getting another basque based team. With us spending just 10k a month on wages. my prediction for us to climb out of the red is 4 years, and all of that comes down to the sponsorship money.

I still can't believe that we were spending 120k a month when I arrived on the team, it was just not sustainable

Edited by Colossus

11 minutos atrás, Colossus disse:

I am thinking of just reseting and getting another basque based team. With us spending just 10k a month on wages. my prediction for us to climb out of the red is 4 years, and all of that comes down to the sponsorship money.

I still can't believe that we were spending 120k a month when I arrived on the team, it was just not sustainable

To be fair, until you reach LaLiga2 you will be in the red most times. TV money is around 50k per season and players wont value that much.

You might get some luck if you have some good basque and Athletic bid for him.

Agora, The7Striker disse:

To be fair, until you reach LaLiga2 you will be in the red most times. TV money is around 50k per season and players wont value that much.

You might get some luck if you have some good basque and Athletic bid for him.

Oh yeah, I know, but the fact that we lost more than 1M in the 1st season and had to go from Professional to Semi-Pro really put a dent on my willingness to do the save. (we are 900k on the red at the moment, for example, with me just slashing every single legacy player that we had and cutting the wage bill to a tenth of what it was) But I will try to at least put the team slightly better financially

Bildschirmfoto2023-10-02um11_28_50.png.8e3192f9735f4790bc0a959016ae99d9.png

"I'm still here ..." Earl of Grey

The year 2053 - Age Earl of Grey 71

Guess they found no replacement. It's a flashback from the first 20 years, a horrible season with a lot of defeats, with penalties against us in every single game. The board put some extra challenges like improving the dressing room atmosphere and the Earl just focused on that. Losing or winning didn't matter anymore. He talked to his players every single game. He praised for goals, he criticized for playing badly, he praised conduct, hold team meetings and the team met every week for breakfast and stuff (team bonding). It worked as he won a new contract. The Earl will go down to EFL2 and build new. A lot of players have to leave us, due to lacking quality like Millie Potter (good bye ol' chap) or James Beckett our spirited captain. Some because of relegation release clauses, some due to greed. The club is now big red, the adventure has cost some money but also full of eager youngsters. The U18s won the double. 

Player of the year: Chris Griffith "If everything around you is dark, look again, you may be the light." He scored some winners and equalizers, he was always positive and reliable. The 25 yo even managed to grind out some points in attributes. He is now the successor of Mr Ricay of guys like Rhys Platt, Inih Sole, Tyrone Roberts and our lazy jumper the icon John Flannery. Earl of Grey on the other hand became a club legend and rightly so.

"The King is dead. Long live the king!"

Spoiler

Bildschirmfoto2023-11-14um21_11_43.thumb.png.50b42eead23334118d58b36be16a1854.png

8 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

image.jpeg.842406cadbc65e766014729931362d4b.jpeg

I know it's a meme, but it's much easier when you know how the Scandi languages break down words. Eyja-fjalla-jökull. A bit easier when it's broken up. It means Island-mountain-glacier, just combined into a single word! :D 

Also: Good luck! :thup:

vor 10 Minuten schrieb XaW:

I know it's a meme, but it's much easier when you know how the Scandi languages break down words. Eyja-fjalla-jökull. A bit easier when it's broken up. It means Island-mountain-glacier, just combined into a single word! :D 

Also: Good luck! :thup:

Good to know but the meme‘s more fun :D

@SuperRedditch niiiiice!! 
Btw I am always interested in tactics 

Edited by HanziZoloman

8 hours ago, the_hdk said:

h1fDkYx.png

xkYcWK0.png

Transfer History

Sale of IMAZEKI

77W39cI.png

Second Championship.

iz6gG7y.png

o4QJ9ba.png

CL Final

RLqu6y2.png

cKS71fd.png

Celabrations!

QInqgXY.png

Last Youth intake.

OMZzOiq.png

Congrats! @the_hdk

Macclesfield FC (England)
Season 4 - 2027/28 - VNL

I haven't caught up with my sudden burst of FM-inspiration. With this update, I am up to speed with the in game date and events.

We are a midtable National League team. And a pretty steady and stable one in fact. We got a point more than last year, but finished 15th. Somehow, the defeats were better distributed, such that it seemed, that we never got into a really tough period.
Moreover, contrary to other youth challenge saves I have done, I sold my most talented striker once the bigger clubs started circling without much of a fight. I have previously been locked in continuous battle with my star players when holding them against their will, and I wanted to avoid the negative effect on the morale, and I had another talent that could take over.

League (Results 1, Results 2, Cups, League Chart) - Another midtable finish. This time in a slighty poorer position 15th. We won a point more than last year though, and with the talent we are incorporating in the squad, and the the talent coming through the youth intakes, I am hopeful
that this is just the low point before we start improving once the young players develop further. I might be wrong though. No cup run to speak of.

Team (Details) - We still have a group of original players in the team. But they are getting older and challenged more and more by our increasingly talented youth players. Conor O'Keefe is still just our best goalkeeper. He is 32 now, and his ability dropped to two stars after the season.
I am tempted to begin to play my new goalkeeper from this years intake Astley Rawson as he is almost as good already. But he is only 16, so I will probably wait a season unless O'Keefe cannot keep up during the season. Alex HurstBrandon Lee and Lewis Fensome are also part of this group, as 
are Kane Drummond who had a good season. But the young players are stealing the spotlight. Dieter Bickerdike had a player of the year season in midfield with 14 goals and 6 assists. Nicky Payne and Tosin Kypriadis continued their development while Exaucé BinguilaAlan Corcoran and Steve Loveland are 
easily my best players in the squad. So the bottomline is, that the talented youngster are gradually forcing their way into the team. That is really satisfying.
In January, just before the transfer deadline, I sold my best striker Reece Ord (season 2, 2025/26 intake) the first time bigger clubs started bidding. To Bristol City in the Premier League. He was my best striker, no doubt and contributed with 13 goals this season, but I get 50% of the next sales amount, and I was always fighting a loosing
battle keeping hold of him. Furthermore, Loveland is capable of taking over. Reece Ord was judged by my coaches to have the ability to play as a standard League One striker, so I am tempted to cash in on the £900.000 buyout fee of the clause, since the prospects of him being sold for big money is limited. But you never know.

Facilities - Due to our good economy, I managed to get Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment improved once more. They are now both Exceptional. With the quality of regens coming through now, I cannot wait to see how it will be when this comes fully into effect in a season or two.

Finances - Even with the youth intake facilities fully upgraded, the gate receipts and season ticket sales are turning in a monthly profit. This is really good. The fee from Reece Ord only contributed approx. £38.000.

Youth Intake (Dev. Centre, Preview) - What a crazy youth intake. I got caught up in the excitement and nicknamed all the way from A to J. Charlie Roddan looks like the missing link in midfield. He look really, really good. Charlie Hopley is almost as good as Reece Ord and will be a leading striker or winger for this team.
Astley Rawson, shown above, is as good as my current goalkeeper, and Gavin Kershaw has the look of a wicked striker in the making. I can supply screenshots of the others. There are many.

No Transfers in. As mentioned, sold Reece Ord to Bristol City.

Goal for next season: Survive again. I would like to see an improvement in performances with the talent pool the club has at its disposal for this level.

S4_Progress937b6ac7bc77b4f8.png

Edited by andershs

11 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

So I wanted to be attacking.....

S1_CrazyGame.png.ba12d8424524940e3a9378b735a04bb7.png

Positionally we don't look bad for the goals that were conceded, so I think with better defenders the tactic could work at keeping goals conceded lower however as long as my front line are racking up the goals we are getting points on the board.

I'm also seeing a lot of worldies getting scored (both teams), is anyone else seeing a high frequency of insanely good strikes?

Looking at the rest of the league it's not just my matches that have really heavy scoring, take a look at this match week:

S1_CrazyMatchweek.png.57ec735709312e4a772b991a2c02fba8.png

My managerial record in Israel is as follows:

P 25
W 17
D 4
L 4
GF 81
GA 41

My matches are averaging out at 3.24 - 1.64

Can I have a season ticket!

@OlivierL I'm going to bet that Sigurdsson will be huge for you in the first two seasons, as I've said many times before having a striker that can get the goals usually makes the difference between success and failure in this challenge (or in my case 5 attackers!)

Eriksen 23A shows a huge amount of potential for a 16 year old, intelligent, hardworking, athletic and good in front of goal.

Going into the split (a further 7 games to play) and this is how the league looks (excuse the colours I trim the blank space down and it seems the skin has a gradient background so it looks a bit janky):

S1_LeagueAtSplit.png.c2f986d75fad78c83f646202bf710e65.png

2 points ahead but level on goal difference (although I've scored TWENTY more)

I've had my intake and unfortunately the league won't let me register the new players (a few would have helped with depth).

In the head to heads against other teams I have the following head to head in all competitions

Hapoel Jerusalem P3 W1 D1 L1 GF 3 GA 3
Bnei Yehuda P3 W2 D0 L1 GF 6 GA 3
Hapoel Rishon LeZion P2 W1 D1 L0 GF 2 GA 0
Ironi Tiberias P3 W0 D3 L0 GF 10 GA 10
Hapoel Ramat-Gan P2 W0 D1 L1 GF 4 GA 5
Hapoel Kfar-Saba P2 W2 D0 L0 GF 5 GA 3
Hapoel Petach-Tikva P2 W2 D0 L0 GF 3 GA 1

It's going to be a tough ask, top 3 is almost a certainty but not top 2