• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, JLAB said:

RealJanLogo.png.1461969f4bc5886abb2b63e7b79935e0.png

Real Jaén - Season 1 - Building My Backroom Team

When I started this challenge, I knew that the first thing that I wanted to do would be to build my backroom team and work on a tactic.

JuanmaOrtiz070824.thumb.png.e7de74109350a362527a5d889af1750c.png

So, my first order of business was to bring in an assistant manager, and I managed that by bringing Juanma Ortiz to the club. He has some good attributes for the role.

lexCruz070824.thumb.png.ee587a603be00cb4638edec7b66f36f2.png

Bringing in a new Head of Youth Development was also on my list. While his preferred formation is not what I was looking for, he had better attributes and personality than his predecessor.

DavidSotelo070824.thumb.png.3cb89d273a70fc4fb1fac24db0bf0f83.png

We brought in a goalkeeping coach who could always be better but is working towards his Continental Pro Licence.

DiegoGutirrez070824.thumb.png.a022ffcbafc69fe4e412519bffe2cc5c.png

We brought in Diego Gutiérrez to improve our fitness coach position after I found out my previous fitness coach had been offered a new contract before I arrived.

EduardoLaencina070824.thumb.png.a50c635c22724996b9d33703b01100b2.png

I brought in Eduardo Laencina to become my leading overall coach at the club. He's got lots of promise, and now that he's studying his Continental C Licence, I believe he'll get better very quickly.

JorgeCorrales070824.thumb.png.cf1b91d23532602a3b56a5f6dadc6e20.png

I brought in Jorge Corrales to be my new Head Performance Analyst. He's unambitious, but he's suitable for the role in the lower leagues.

JuanjoRamos070824.thumb.png.6e691b9691a10aeb267e0fbe3469ef45.png

Juanjo Ramos is my new performance analyst at the club. He's only 23, so he can improve over time.

JosAlejandroGarcia070824.thumb.png.6dcd2e1f493d6c8697dedeae22cc9154.png

José Alejandro Garcia is probably my most important signing since he is my new Head Physio and is outstanding for our level.

MiguelDomingo070824.thumb.png.cddbbde6b8b3efbfdf3f219423789f50.png

Miguel Domingo is my new Head of Sports Science and looks suitable for our level.

Lila070824.thumb.png.d0a6d5c7ed854dc9d3272fd68ce38ef7.png

Lila has joined as our Chief Scout and looks fantastic for our level.

Samu070824.thumb.png.9be75e825d6432cd81533e0f9dbb573e.png

Samu also looks great for our level for a scout we just signed.

HugoIssa070824.thumb.png.a5797a2eaa9672114bd3bdbb30b2413b.png

Hugo Issa is our new Director of Football and is a complete upgrade on the man he replaced.

FranciscoDealbert070824.thumb.png.80ee8aa2772b7859219fa07db39692dc.png

We've recently brought in Francisco Dealbert to become our Set Piece Coach. There are some areas that I'm not happy with, but he's useful either way.

That's all of the backroom staff members we've brought in over the summer, and now we need to see how we do in the upcoming season.

If you want to keep track of the series if I miss a day of posting here, watching videos like the one linked below is the best way to keep track of my attempt at the Youth Academy Challenge in Spain.

YAC - Real Jaén - Part 1

Interesting write up about your backroom staff. But why do have two scouts and a Director of Football? It seems overkill with a tight budget and no need for any scouting of transfer targets. I do not think more than one scout to get reports of the opponents is necessary.

16 minutes ago, fries said:

Interesting write up about your backroom staff. But why do have two scouts and a Director of Football? It seems overkill with a tight budget and no need for any scouting of transfer targets. I do not think more than one scout to get reports of the opponents is necessary.

The Director of Football handles the staff responsibilities, while one scout is scouting the next opponent and the other scout is scouting the league, even if the scouting range is the entirety of Spain.

Edited by JLAB

I've done a bit of research (I'll say this, rather than trying for a week to get a specific team promoted!) regarding teams getting promoted.

I started recording a bit too late, but this is the rough percentage chance of teams to get into the Scottish League 2 Playoff:

image.png.898565f196f178e9ad3453b66dacbe68.png

I've specifically highlighted Broomhill and above, as it seemed fairly "easy" to get those teams. I've taken the reputation from the editor, which roughly matches up with what I experienced. I didn't see anyone below the 2250 "barrier" so to speak I'll be starting a career with Tranent in a little bit, but just wanted to pop this up first. This is probably around 700-800 attempts with holidaying which is why I mentioned a few pages ago and raised the question about it being a bit of a lottery about teams getting promoted.

So what's the rule regarding using the pre-game editor to increase a team's chances of getting promoted to a playable league? After 50 re-rolls trying to get a specific team, I might have to give a little boost to their reputation to get them promoted.

4 minutes ago, Potat said:

So what's the rule regarding using the pre-game editor to increase a team's chances of getting promoted to a playable league? After 50 re-rolls trying to get a specific team, I might have to give a little boost to their reputation to get them promoted.

Won’t be allowed I’d imagine, given you’d have to boost their reputation in order to do so which would be an unfair advantage for managing that particular team from what it was previously.

Conversely I don’t think reducing the reputation of other teams would be allowed either given if any of the get promoted at the same time or in a later season they’d be at a disadvantage.

13 minutes ago, Anners said:

I've done a bit of research (I'll say this, rather than trying for a week to get a specific team promoted!) regarding teams getting promoted.

I started recording a bit too late, but this is the rough percentage chance of teams to get into the Scottish League 2 Playoff:

image.png.898565f196f178e9ad3453b66dacbe68.png

I've specifically highlighted Broomhill and above, as it seemed fairly "easy" to get those teams. I've taken the reputation from the editor, which roughly matches up with what I experienced. I didn't see anyone below the 2250 "barrier" so to speak I'll be starting a career with Tranent in a little bit, but just wanted to pop this up first. This is probably around 700-800 attempts with holidaying which is why I mentioned a few pages ago and raised the question about it being a bit of a lottery about teams getting promoted.

Kudos for the effort put in to find that out. It largely backs up what we assumed was the case. It’s often why I never target a specific team to take over and instead just go with the best on offer rather than reloading 100s of times to get someone specific.

6 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

Won’t be allowed I’d imagine, given you’d have to boost their reputation in order to do so which would be an unfair advantage for managing that particular team from what it was previously.

Conversely I don’t think reducing the reputation of other teams would be allowed either given if any of the get promoted at the same time or in a later season they’d be at a disadvantage.

Understandable I've just tested it and got them after 5 re-rolls with a small boost to rep so I can see why it might be an issue.

7 minutes ago, libbyshuss said:

hondafcbadge.png.1ce3c9876ff89643f3628bf45d39f601.png

Japan - Honda FC/Machida Corriente

J1 -2030 (season 7)

Objectives: after losing our three best players at the end of last season just staying up would be a result

Season Summary

Objective met! and quite easily as well. On paper we had a much weaker side but we performed much better. It did dawn on me during pre-season that the side was much more balanced now but even so, it took me by surprise. At one point we were second! In the end we finished a respectable 8th, which will do me

30leaguetable.jpg.764ba12c34d1973f05ab53a4d5a3d923.jpg

Youth

I love having double exceptional for youth takes!

30preview.thumb.JPG.62b7bd2fc3ec5b30cea670dfb4bdc3db.JPG

Seeing an A grade for wingers got me interested. I usually play 4-2-3-1 but have had to switch to a 4-1-2-3 for this save, mainly due to the lack of wingers. So the promise of my own Mitouma got me quite excited. 

Only...

30youthintake.thumb.JPG.5cd3eca54240d13407fba4973d850ae6.JPG

Where is he!!!!!!???

And 2 more strikers!!!!  2 out of those 3 elite talents had poo brain for their personality, which isn't great, but Hachisuka looks like the real deal

30hachisuka.thumb.JPG.b6b980c942d164583ffaca4a2eb6bda9.JPG

lovely personality, determination is ok, pace and acceleration very nice. No doubt he'll get some chances next season in the first team

Career

Next stage is building on the success of this season and seeing if we can break into the continental spots.

30career.thumb.JPG.13caf27b16b448a24366258be2520992.JPG

He'll score a boatload of goals with that finishing, dribbling, pace, and acceleration. Looks a monster.

4 hours ago, Potat said:

Not allowed, as higher reputation will also improve your chances for getting good youth players. In addition to the "no extra files" rules with a small exception for realistic custom databases for lower leagues or countries not in FM vanilla.

11 hours ago, glennuk said:

Was really frustrated that the K league is not available again this year. Really been excited to try it for the last few FMs.

So After my VERY long, successful, England save in FM 2022 I am hoping for a shorter Japan save until Korea is available.

I understand the frustration. However, it's still going to be awhile in real life before promotion and relegation between K LEAGUE 2 and K LEAGUE 3. It's slated for the 2026 season.

This past season two teams that played in K LEAGUE 3 in 2022 got added as the 24th and 25th team as K LEAGUE 2 expanded.

2 hours ago, hubwub said:

I understand the frustration. However, it's still going to be awhile in real life before promotion and relegation between K LEAGUE 2 and K LEAGUE 3. It's slated for the 2026 season.

This past season two teams that played in K LEAGUE 3 in 2022 got added as the 24th and 25th team as K LEAGUE 2 expanded.

Thanks for that info.

I wonder if someone with an editor adding that in would make the K league playable for the challenge.

If not I will just wait until FM 26 or FM 27

Are other people playing in England experiencing the same difficulty hiring staff as I am? I've not been able to hire any staff members outside of the HOYD and Assistant Coach (so no Physios and no youth staff at all, meaning I've had to manage the U18s for the entire save). It's been like this for 4-5 seasons: staff are interested, but the max wage I can offer is well below the expectation of even the worst staff. I am not allowed to offer non contracts to staff, so I can't hire anyone. I've asked the board for increasing max wage for first team staff, but it's still below the min expectation for any medical staff even after 4 years of increases. And there's no option to ask the board for youth team staff wage increases and they aren't tied to the first team increases.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb The_Gato_In_Goal:

Are other people playing in England experiencing the same difficulty hiring staff as I am? I've not been able to hire any staff members outside of the HOYD and Assistant Coach (so no Physios and no youth staff at all, meaning I've had to manage the U18s for the entire save). It's been like this for 4-5 seasons: staff are interested, but the max wage I can offer is well below the expectation of even the worst staff. I am not allowed to offer non contracts to staff, so I can't hire anyone. I've asked the board for increasing max wage for first team staff, but it's still below the min expectation for any medical staff even after 4 years of increases. And there's no option to ask the board for youth team staff wage increases and they aren't tied to the first team increases.

Horrible! A nightmare

Even advertisement didn’t work? I have no difficulties hiring but I’m EFL now. I have difficulties finding good staff.

vor 34 Minuten schrieb JLAB:

image.png.fa7f32a5f259eb661a5f78872fb3a2b8.png

Real Jaén - Season 1 - Our Debut Match

SeasonPreview010924.png.25538b8adfb971524683500c0e411b6d.png

With all of the teams around us being able to make signings, we immediately knew that we were at a disadvantage from the off. Ideally, we could beat our opening opponent, newly promoted Gerena, and beat them to get the ball rolling.

RealJan3-1Gerena.png.d83e06faf3f68860b0ba1652ae205add.png

Thankfully, we were able to win our debut game in charge of Real Jaén at home to Gerena. When we scored the opening two goals inside 11 minutes from setpieces, I knew that things were going well. We did have a scare when Julen scored in the 2nd half for Gerena, but we bounced back with Sánchez Robles scoring a superb individual goal on his professional debut for us to bring the scoreline back to 3-1. The fact Martos missed a penalty late on showed that we did have work to do, but the early signs from our debut win were good.

I decided to watch the game on extended highlights to see how we looked in person and figure out if we needed to tinker things overall. Though I'm sure I'll find things to do later on, I decided to record the opening encounter, which you can watch using the link to the YouTube video down below. 

YAC - Real Jaén - Part 2

Man I remember having a Fifa Career with Real Jaen. I think it was Fifa 14? Good luck, take them to the top, just like I did :D 

3 hours ago, Winski said:

Well done, @the_hdk! Nice progress! And you’ve got quite a nice talent there with El Arabi!

yeah i'm really excited with him...this is my own Kitolano type of player. the Kante type (much not nearly as good I think). my favorite type IRL.

This is proving to be a tough season. The only goalkeeper we have is this fine specimen:

Carelli.JPG.a9d22b6756966ad5e72b13b398f7365a.JPG

The man made a few good looking saves but most games I could've tied a single rope between the posts and it would've kept out more than he did.

11 minutes ago, Skora11 said:

How does everyone keep track of everything for this? I was thinking of starting a save and wondering the best way to go about keeping records of it all.

Google Sheets is what i use

I will hopefully have an update on my Indian adventure soon, I stoped playing as the beta match engine was frustrating me but it is now better.

On 06/11/2023 at 14:00, Neo_Geo said:

If they do fix it there will be a rush by many to start a save as it’s one of the most promising leagues to not have been completed yet

I'll just jump in here and say that Belgium has been completed, but the list of completions doesn't go back that far ;)