The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, XaW said:

You were in the 3. liga, no?

A very good season! Hope you complete it with them, after all no West German outside of Berlin have ever won the Bundesliga! It's one of the reasons why I've tried the challenge with them so many times, but never succeeded.

Thanks for the heads up. I actually used a former excel template from my Cottbus save on FM23 when I wrote this up, and forgot to change 2nd Bundesliga to 3rd Bundesliga for the 24-25 season! 

A good season indeed, and I have now gotten promoted the first year with Cottbus on all my three YAC-saves. Both of my previous completions have been done in 2033, but this time I am sure it will take a lot longer, if at all! 

Just finished my first season in Sweden and I've only just noticed that we never entered the Swedish Cup. I'm presuming this is a bug that will be rectified in future updates? If so, am I ok to continue or do I need to start again?

2 minutes ago, Shankly84 said:

Just finished my first season in Sweden and I've only just noticed that we never entered the Swedish Cup. I'm presuming this is a bug that will be rectified in future updates? If so, am I ok to continue or do I need to start again?

Have the exact same issue and question, except in Germany

In Germany you are only guaranteed DFB Pokal if you are 1. and 2. Bundesliga, plus the first 4 of the 3. Liga. Otherwise you have to win the amateur cup, which is not on the game, so is decided randomly.

What's the equivalent of the following in team training from FM23 to FM24:

- Team: Defensive Shape

- Team: Teamwork

- Team: Attacking Movement

Is Attacking Movement and Defensive Shape now Tactical: Defensive Shadow Play and Tactical: Attacking Shadow Play? Is Team: Teamwork not just relegated to Team Bonding?

Edited by hubwub

58 minutes ago, Sazchu said:

spacer.png

Season 1 | 2024

Welcome to Latvia, and to Rēzeknes FA.

The newly promoted club shocked the league when they decided to hire an unknown new Manager to try and stave off relegation.

With a full squad of players of questionable quality the newly promoted side were predicted to finish dead last in the league.

The first order of business for the new manager was to strengthen the backroom as he brought in former Czech international Milan Baroš to get some proper experience into his coaching team.

The newly promoted side started the season with a shock draw in their first game of the season against title holders, and favourites RFS.

A good start to the season saw them with 7 points in their opening 4 games, the good form wasn't there to last thought as they lost 9 of the following 11 games, picking up 6 points during that time.

A change of fortunes came at the end of May as they finally managed another win, and another one...  Summer had arrived and with it had a form that would see Rēzeknes FA charged into the middle of the table, 5 wins and a draw during a spell of 7 games, which included a win against RFS, as well as a win in the cup against league leaders Auda.

Though as the saying goes, all good things must come to an end.

In the following 15 games, there came a win in the cup quarter-final and a draw against bottom of the table Super Nova, ending the season on a run which saw them only scoring one points in the last 14 games of the season, but thankfully the previous good form meant that they survived to finish 8th out of 10 teams in the league.

Their form in the cup saw them reach the Semi-Final, where they lost to eventual runner-up RFS.

Youth Intake

Things were looking up with the new batch of youngesters coming through the youth program with the club expecting an Excellent intake of players.

As they arrived there was a bleaker picture with the intake now being rated as being poor, but there were multiple players that could look forward to having chances with the main squad in the following season.

The star of the intake was Goalkeeper Jurijs Slesarchuk who could look forward to being the starting goalkeeper as soon as the new season started.

Seasonal Overview

Hide contents

W9SBEiC.jpg

jHJdoTI.jpg

Everything Else

A season of instability saw us just barely surive, with a complete lack of chance creation and a defence that was leakier than a plastic bag filled with lava.

Heading into the next season we have been predicted to do even worse than the previous season, so it should be extremely difficult to survive, though hopefully a few of the youngster can help us stay afloat with a squad that would be a mid table team in the division below us.

We lost over 400,000 thousand during the season, so if we survive the second season we'll do so while struggling financially.

Starting date: I saved on the 10th of november for a chance of different playoff teams, the league reset date is January 1st.

As Latvia has only 1 league, it's not applicable for this challenge. Sorry.

3 hours ago, Shankly84 said:

Think with Sweden you need to finish in the top 2 places in the 4th tier to qualify for the Swedish Cup!

Quick Mid-Season Update, I have won a game of football.
1b857ecb9bfcde074c3c2e2a9d55e836.png

Hopefully changing to the 442 and being forced to use a grey right back will be the turning point of the season.
151c8775b65f12df1733b49c3676841a.png

ecf64787feaa91adf83d3a7f9a214119.png

Also, my intake is here and looks "good"

ae2b47acbe5c45aa4ab45c4184a09ba3.png 

On 23/10/2023 at 22:04, Potat said:

I may have just made a fatal error agreeing to this.. is this a new feature?image.thumb.png.e159bbf0a2a180876cd8be55a777d99a.png

And just like that, this very vague promise has seen me get sacked at the end of season 3. Despite having two academy players play 35+ games out of 41 possible, and getting 2800 minutes and 1900 minutes respectively as well as giving over 1500 minutes to other academy players the board did not view this as 'meaningful'.

To be fair I should have known better than to make a risky promise during a beta no matter how confident I was in achieving it. But it's disappointing to have a save that was just getting interesting, end due to what I can only assume is a bug.

On the bright side, I don't have to deal with 5'9 CBs with 7 jumping reach anymore.

Any suggestions for what nation / specific team to do next greatly appreciated.

Edited by Potat

And I thought it was starting to look brighter  we lost 4 games in a row conceding 19 goals, over half from longshots by players with The longshot attribute no higher then "6"

21493fef1bc54e7f0e070b8e778d1054.png

I do want to keep the Asia theme going so might try india,

Edited by Coxbox

55 minutes ago, Potat said:

And just like that, this very vague promise has seen me get sacked at the end of season 3. Despite having two academy players play 35+ games out of 41 possible, and getting 2800 minutes and 1900 minutes respectively as well as giving over 1500 minutes to other academy players the board did not view this as 'meaningful'.

To be fair I should have known better than to make a risky promise during a beta no matter how confident I was in achieving it. But it's disappointing to have a save that was just getting interesting, end due to what I can only assume is a bug.

On the bright side, I don't have to deal with 5'9 CBs with 7 jumping reach anymore.

Any suggestions for what nation / specific team to do next greatly appreciated.

Wow, you’d have thought with contributions like that it would have counted :confused:

I recently struggled to find a nation/team that I felt any kind of connection to. Hard to suggest a nation or team as it largely depends on what you are looking for. Interesting league structure, a nation yet to be completed, an “easier” team to try to complete the challenge, a team with an interesting backstory etc.

Season 24/25

End of Season Review

Portulgalete

It was a season that started so well and ended so badly and with a loss in the last game of the season I failed to meet the expectation of a midtable finish. The board currently are disappointed in me and give me an E rating. Will I survive for a second season? I doubt it.

League Table

Spoiler

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Schedule

Spoiler

Spoiler

Star Players

My best two players were midfielder Gonzalo Zorilla, who finished with 13 goals and 7 assists, and striker David Nates who scored a remarkable 28 goals in 33 games. A mention also goes to the consistent 16 year old Inaki Goni who played the whole season at DM and while he was only okay he provided a serviceable option in a midfield with very few options. He has a lot of potential and should become a very good player for the club.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Virtual Male:

Vanarama National League North - Very much a season of 2 halves. I changed the tactics a little in an attempt to sure the defence up and at the start of the season it looked like it was working really well, going in to the new year we sat at the top of the table with a 7 point gap to 2nd and it looked like we actually knew how to play football. That all changed after a loss in the FA Cup, morale tanked and we plummeted down the table, I think we were as far down as 10th at one point. Everything I tried to get some form back just seemed to make things worse so we just stopped trying to defend at all really and too an approach of if you score 4 we'll score 5 and it seemed to do the job, a good run in the final 3rd of the season saw us creep back into the playoffs and on the back of that good form none of the playoff games were close really, even winning the final 5-2! So it's the Vanarama National League for Merthyr next season!!! From what I remember from previous saves in England the quality isn't a massive step up so I'm hoping for a fairly solid season and anything other than relegation will be a success.

Wonderful club and superb season! First year promotion 

I think my time managing Portugalete is coming to end at my choice. The board has decided to revert to semi-professional which stinks. However the club was losing a massive amount of money so it probably should not have been a surprise. Also I will have less staff.

On top of that I have lost 4 key players, 2 to retirement and 2 which refused to sign with me. My defence is exceptionally weak now although attack is strong.

Oh boy.....  This years edition of the challenge has got off to a fantastic start.....

Spent more hours than I'll admit reloading trying to get a specific club to appear that I wanted.  Finally gave up last night as I was happy with an alternative that had appeared.  Spent a couple of hours or so getting the save set-up, played 3 friendlies in the preseason before I noticed that in Croatia you cannot play anyone under 17 in the league.  That doesn't vibe with my playstyle, so the save has been deleted!

I think I have found my new home (Switzerland) and a possible new team (not the same as @Potat just posted above me as I type this out! :D ), but will reload a little more at lunch to see what other options I might have.

Will finally get this off the ground tonight I hope!