FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Double0Seven said:

Like I said before. They do not care. Look at the amount of people buying the game unthinkingly. They do not care a main feature being advertised is not working and isn't guaranteed to work at release. SI is just like EA now. No competition, no incentive to improve at all. And to be honest, would you if you were in the same position? You can put out nearly the same game every year, make more money, not fix longstanding bugs and the community still eats it up. 

It's quite fascinating, to be honest. Even though there are some problems like players not getting enough playtime or being transferred out too quickly, these issues could be due to factors like the lack of substitutes and rotation of players. Despite these problems, I don't think the changes in the AI squad building are significant enough to be a headline feature, especially since we are told every year that they work on it. Teams are more likely to buy young players, but sometimes they still buy older players for a lot of money who end up not playing. However, this could also be related to the substitution and rotation problems.

How is this still in the game? Surely no player tells their manager a year in advance, that they're going to explore their options at the end of the contract. Especially in League 2, where the more you play, the more chance of gaining a better contract or better move elsewhere. This is just telling the manager "Yeah, so basically I'm leaving in a year, so you might as well demote me to the under 18's". Why would I bother playing a player who's confirmed he's leaving. Of course I could try sell him, but if he doesn't sell, I might aswell discard him and focus on other players. No matter how good a player is, 1 player doesnt make a team and everyone is replaceable. May be different higher up the leagues but it doesnt make sense for a 4th Division player to say this

Screenshot 2023-11-04 223536.png

Loading a FM23 save seem to work.

The generated Faces in FM24 seem to look way better than ever b4.

The 3d matches are fluid and give you better feed back than ever while also being able to entertain with some spectacular action - albeit the scoring is in general quite a tad on the high side it seems.

Set Pieces seem to work so far.

Increased amount of injuries that is more realistic than in FM23.

It comes to the eye that after scoring or conceding a goal there is a strong emphasys in the game to have a quite successful reaction from the responding side frequently.

The player movement on the field is imo improved and leads to quite complex attacking ballplay at times which looks also very satisfying.

Hard to find good Goalkeepers - i reall dont know how the AI makes their ****** GKs work (well that may be more a lower league problem as the quality differences will decrease the higher the league tier you get).

I found for the moment my team in FM24 less exhausted from playing the same football as in FM23 - dont know if that changes later on like if the exhaustion is reduced in matches but players recover less and it is more a long term thing as i have 1 match per week mostly so i may not exprience exhaustion from to many matches in to short time.

Many systems that influence the performance of a team may cloud weaknesses/strengths in the team and player setup but football is simply said quite complex in its simplicity and that is probably an area where new players need more help in understanding how results come to be.

Crashes so far none!

Missing dearly a Light Skin for FM24 !!!

(that is not Mustermann)

Edited by Etebaer

22 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

It was a sarcastic response to a long series of whiny posts.

The only people I've seen being whiny are the stat obsessed people who would rather have an ME that looks nothing like a game of football but creates 1:1 life like stats.

It's the same every year.

14 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

That's because he tries to play the game the right way rather than exploiting it for views and likes. 

Makes thumbnail saying he's close to the sack. Then next thumbnail transfer special...which suspiciously between the first and second thumbnails he's won 8 on the bounce...third thumbnail title challenge!

15 hours ago, lightworker said:

"Lollujo manages to win the Premier League in the first season with Brighton; I haven't done it once in 4 years with Man Utd. I definitely wasn't born to play FM." :D

Don't worry. Loki Doki got sacked by Brighton.

4 minutes ago, Thalo said:

All I want is more than a 10% difference in passing completion between a team playing the shortest, narrowest passing game, compared to the most route one possible. Watching my centrebacks have 90%+ pass completion no matter the tactic and at all levels of skill doesn't look anything like a game of football either.

It looks far closer to actual football with a far better variety to it than anything we've gotten before.

FM23 often looked scripted and by a few hours in I was already having highlights turned up to as fast as they'll go because it was dull to watch.

This year I'm still watching games at a normal speed because the ME at least entertains me.

It has a bit of chaos (mixed with some great passages of play) to it with my defenders/midfielders often losing the ball passing out from the back (plenty of posts saying even this needs toning down as there's a whole other group of people who expect perfection from their players 100% of the time).

The ME isn't perfect it's never going to be, but it's the best we've ever had IMO and that seems to be a majority opinion other than a minority of people who are whinging about various things.

What I worry is SI make changes and we end up with the same old ME that looks scripted and by the numbers and is frankly duller than dishwater after awhile, especially when I play 1,000+ hours every year seeing the exact same patterns of play and goals over and over becomes incredibly tedious.

I'd put money on the next week or so when the game releases we will get multiple posts saying they've ruined the match engine for various reasons. (Even if SI make zero changes)

It's the same cycle every year.

20 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

Why are my u/21s and u/18 always basically empty?

I have the best TD there is, authorised to sign young players... 34 scouts looking for youth... the  best youth setup / facilities... there's like 12-15 players in both squads combined. 

You're delegating recruitment of youth candidates to staff? That would be why. They have pretty high standards, and often only 2 or 3 of your yearly youth candidates actually have enough potential to ever make your first team. They don't give contracts to the others so your youth teams end up with very few players. If you offer contracts yourself you can offer to the worse players too ensuring your youth teams actually have a large enough squad (even if the average quality goes down).

14 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

You're delegating recruitment of youth candidates to staff? That would be why. They have pretty high standards, and often only 2 or 3 of your yearly youth candidates actually have enough potential to ever make your first team. They don't give contracts to the others so your youth teams end up with very few players. If you offer contracts yourself you can offer to the worse players too ensuring your youth teams actually have a large enough squad (even if the average quality goes down).

You'd think having enough players to make a team would be a decent goal at premier league level...

48 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

Why are my u/21s and u/18 always basically empty?

I have the best TD there is, authorised to sign young players... 34 scouts looking for youth... the  best youth setup / facilities... there's like 12-15 players in both squads combined. 

I thought TDs employ staff. It's DoFs who recruit players.

On 01/11/2023 at 06:25, Mst82 said:

Far too many AI goals from throw ins, i.e. short throw, pass it about, score. Seems to be every other game for me.

My coaching staff are still thick as mince and their advice usually proves detrimental.

Why have a player as a ball winning midfielder by default, but with a trait of gets forward whenever possible, for example? Makes zero logical sense.

Mistakes playing out from the back, by players with good composure etc are far too frequent. Yes it happens occasionally but not regularly.

Being offside when the ball is passed back to a throw taker is literally every time.  Again, this can happen occasionally in real life but not every time.

I tend to watch full games on very fast, and I’ve noticed both the human controlled team and the AI run the ball out of play for a throw-in A LOT!

13 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

A lot has been made of AI Squad building etc, but I've found a concerning thing regarding their in-game management this year, and in particular, their reluctance to use subs when it would seem appropriate to do so. As an example, look at the image below. This is taken after 88 mins of a game. The opposition players are almost to a man, knackered, yet the AI Manager doesn't deem it necessary to bring anyone on. 

Of course, in true FM style, they've just all sprinted the length of the field to equalise and make it 2-2, but that's just the usual shady behaviour we've all come to know and love. 

image.png.abe25b7529495ab8c07e636c409c356f.png

😂 aye this has happened to me - Wolves away, hadn’t made any subs and were dead on their feet, over the Christmas period, yet they pressed like they were possessed in the last 10 minutes and either equalised or beat me, I can’t remember which now - but it was totally out of context with the game and unbelievably overpowered.

As you say though, it’s expected in FM these days. 

3 hours ago, rusty217 said:

I delegate initiate sign u18 players to the hoyd as he's 20 for potential. I'm seeing us approach half a dozen players every season that I get to approve

8 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

Why is there no option for me to explain that the reason I want to appoint a new captain is the current player with the armband is out injured for the whole season?

The more you play, the more obvious it is that the entire dynamics and interaction module needs a root and branch rebuild. That, or get it in the bin.

Yes to this. Either improve it or give an option to leave it out of your game. It's just unpleasant, illogical and buggy.

5 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

It looks far closer to actual football with a far better variety to it than anything we've gotten before.

FM23 often looked scripted and by a few hours in I was already having highlights turned up to as fast as they'll go because it was dull to watch.

This year I'm still watching games at a normal speed because the ME at least entertains me.

It has a bit of chaos (mixed with some great passages of play) to it with my defenders/midfielders often losing the ball passing out from the back (plenty of posts saying even this needs toning down as there's a whole other group of people who expect perfection from their players 100% of the time).

The ME isn't perfect it's never going to be, but it's the best we've ever had IMO and that seems to be a majority opinion other than a minority of people who are whinging about various things.

What I worry is SI make changes and we end up with the same old ME that looks scripted and by the numbers and is frankly duller than dishwater after awhile, especially when I play 1,000+ hours every year seeing the exact same patterns of play and goals over and over becomes incredibly tedious.

I'd put money on the next week or so when the game releases we will get multiple posts saying they've ruined the match engine for various reasons. (Even if SI make zero changes)

It's the same cycle every year.

I would say it's the best match engine we have had since fm 2018. As far as variety goes fm 2019 to fm 2023 was awful.

8 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

It's been officially stated to be 4 pm UK time on Monday

1 hour ago, DarJ said:

4pm UK time

This is the strangest FM day/time release it's been in a long time, right? On a Monday for starters, and then 4PM, not midnight.

33 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

Why is there no option for me to explain that the reason I want to appoint a new captain is the current player with the armband is out injured for the whole season?

The more you play, the more obvious it is that the entire dynamics and interaction module needs a root and branch rebuild. That, or get it in the bin.

In fairness, how often do you see this in real life? Doubt Liverpool would strip VVD of the captaincy if he did his ACL again. That's what vice captains are for. 

11 minutes ago, craiigman said:

This is the strangest FM day/time release it's been in a long time, right? On a Monday for starters, and then 4PM, not midnight.

Monday is strange but the 4pm is not unusual for FM. The beta usually comes out between 4pm to 8pm except that one time it was released very late.

we have known the release date and time for a while now so I’m guessing they already have everything in place to make that happen smoothly 

42 minutes ago, Viking said:

"Squad unhappy with club situation Manager 24". :D

I really hope this will be toned down for the full release, because it is ruining the game.

Second season with Portsmouth in the Championship. I buy a forward. I promised him I would strengthen the GK. I didn't. Summer transfer window closes. He wants to leave. I say fine. Antwerp come in with a bid £3 million more than I payed for the player. 

I didn't know the Belgium transfer window closes after the English one.

The first time in all my years of playing FM, I bought and sold the same player in the same transfer window for profit.:D

If I've gone through the pain of setting opposition instructions for very position please don't let me have to toggle them on on each player before every match. The way is implemented is even bad because if you enable it for the first 11 and someone comes of it resets so what you have to do is select all the players in the match squad and then turn it on. 

4 minutes ago, D-Foxx said:

I've started 5 saves. Haven't been able to keep my squad happy for more then 10 minutes so far :lol: 

They certainly are a whiny little bunch this edition. 

I've noticed that players start asking for new contracts when they're in good form so what I've started doing is benching them and after some games they come back saying they understand that their form has been bad so they don't deserve a new contract 

Not sure if it's intentional, or an error, but the up/down arrows (next to the flag in the title bar) that allow you to toggle through international teams is not in FM24:

FM23:

image.png.740b26ac4848c7a395d849b57273e3c6.png

FM24:

image.png.3e110a65dce231aff3e4af93ff29c3b8.png

Just makes toggling thru international teams longer than previous.

1 hour ago, DarJ said:

Monday is strange but the 4pm is not unusual for FM. The beta usually comes out between 4pm to 8pm except that one time it was released very late.

we have known the release date and time for a while now so I’m guessing they already have everything in place to make that happen smoothly 

The beta yes, but for a game to release at a set time on a day is unusual even outside of FM