FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Nick_CB said:

I noticed something that happens in many matches. There is a moment in the second half when there are no shots. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but even though we change the team tactically, NOTHING happens. There are minutes and more minutes of a match with only excessive passing

I’m going to start watching full matches. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is what driving up pass accuracy. It’s really off putting that my 4 passing center back went from 66% passing in FM23 to a now 92% pass accuracy in FM 24.

23 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

If a player in an u21 league in England is sent off, does that carry into senior first team games? Just noticed one of my players was sent off for the U21's in midweek and now can't play for the senior team

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/premier-league-loophole-gives-leeds-united-teenager-major-suspension-boost-before-huge-fixture-4115614

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23106201.bradley-dacks-two-match-ban-explained-under-21s-red-card/

Pretty sure the answer is no, a youth match sending-off is served in youth matches, not senior matches.  The rules may be different for an over-age player playing in a U-21 match for fitness reasons, if that's the case.  And it might be different if the player in question is registered for your senior squad.

This is a bit odd/wrong is it not?

Report: SK Rapid qualify for UEL, but they lost to the team in 3rd, who is now only 2 points behind them into the final game of the season. So if SK Rapid lose (to me evidently) and LASK win, then LASK will finish 2nd and qualify for UEL.

Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 17.11.07.png

Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 17.11.34.png

Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 17.11.17.png

Really struggling to understand the cause of there being too many goals. Is it goalkeepers simply not being good enough? Shot physics being off? Teams getting too many high xG chances? Is it a moral issue after conceding/scoring? Too many goals from corners?

The issue seems amplified when trying to play defensive, rather than playing offensively. Which shouldn't be the case. Is this a result of defensive formations and low line/low blocks not working? Is it a result of teams just getting far too many shots  peppered away when setting up this way when compared to real life? Or one of the above simply just making it not sustainable?

Across my season for the first 21 games I was using a high line, high press 4-2-3-1. The goals per game average came out at 3.17. Still substantially above the IRL average.

I've since gone for a deep line with a low block, a defence first mentality. We are now averaging a total of 6.00 GPG. Ice hockey scores when trying to play defensive.

23 games into the season and every single side that was in the division last season, has hit at least 80% of total goals scored IRL last season. It's mental.

image.png.8cf82b586aa494208601d1470313d0a2.png

When setting up the low block we average a total of 27... thats right, 27 shots against us each game. In the 4-3-3? 12.

If we have to bring super keepers back, please just do it.

Edited by Domoboy23

41 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

Go to Preferences. Search "Enable Data Collection":

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.caebcec8f0537cac8d6897500e0bfb12.png

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.44ad61d1baee03632500c6abb45eedd1.png

====

Might be wrong, but this is how they see the behavior from community. What tactic, what signing, sack, goals, etc. 

Pretty sure GDPR requires you to have to opt in to this type of thing though

1 minute ago, Frederico EJ said:

Only if they're collecting data that can personally identify you, so no

I would venture a guess to say the majority of people use their real names and dob on their manager profiles, the game also auto saves your save file with the manager name, so there is likely some personal data involved, unless someone can point me to somewhere that says exactly what they collect?

14 minutes ago, craiigman said:

I would venture a guess to say the majority of people use their real names and dob on their manager profiles, the game also auto saves your save file with the manager name, so there is likely some personal data involved, unless someone can point me to somewhere that says exactly what they collect?

Just because your real name is on the manage profile, doesn't mean that they process it. They could literally process X fields and only collect and store those. They won't need your consent for that

24 minutes ago, craiigman said:

Pretty sure GDPR requires you to have to opt in to this type of thing though

Think this is one of the options you get the first time you start the game, but I'm not sure, don't think I can get that screen to pop up again...

1 minute ago, fc.cadoni said:

Click More

Screenshot_3.png.27ecef74c5f9526350f77ea92348087f.png

Screenshot_1.png.ba88f482b0a5bbbc0b6f0a5eab26f107.png

Screenshot_2.png.a71c0ef6e337fe0c32bebbeb921f6cd2.png

You mean, these ones, right?

Yeah, meant those, but see they mostly talk about ads, thought it was one for the other too...

8 hours ago, wazzaflow10 said:

My personal favorite of this is the Man Utd board unhappy at how many scouts you have when the game starts and won't approve more so you slowly lose scouts as they retire. 

I have no idea why it wouldn't let you keep the same number of scouts the real life board approves.

Oh yeah I've seen that! Lol

You also can't change staff numbers with in game editor either. Really annoying.

6 hours ago, KamyKaze said:

Can't be bothered to search where to post it. Did that a few years back and bugs still in the game.

SI can pick it up from here if they want...

there is a dedicated big forum, found on the home page, if its left here it won't be picked up so you are saying you don't want it resolved

Any type of player unhappiness leads to a training and performance crash which results in you not playing the player and perpetuating the cycle of unhappiness.......frozen morale, poor training. Still not seeing morale increase if I'm meeting the terms of a promise, wasn't that supposed to be a new thing? It makes no sense to see a player stuck in a morale and training limbo for a finite amount of days. It should be gradual and recover quicker if being met. Just disappointingly nonsensical as it currently stands.   

The current mechanics suggest that unhappy players are not professional enough to train well and play well.

Edited by janrzm

The inverted wing back role on attack doesnt work as it used to do since fm22 it does not do inside movement off the ball, it does not go up higher the pitch inside the box like it used to on attack like almost a number 10, it's really sad since I thought this year you would improve the game tactic way more than last year. 

I'm curious whether the developers watch the YouTuber BETA content? If so, do they think 'yep, the finances and AI bids seem to be working just fine!'

Another emerging problem is the attempt to replicate the mad bids from Saudi clubs. All this is achieving is to further feather the nest of financial exploiters.

I'd say the committed spend of human managers is outstripping the AI by 3 or 4 times on the saves I've dipped in to. It is utterly shambolic. 

Edited by rdbayly

1 hour ago, Domoboy23 said:

IRL figures from last season for the Championship.

image.thumb.png.67807baa720676e961b30fe3b873610b.png

That's 337 clean sheets across a season.

I have run 3 different simulations on FM to compare this to RL figures.

A: 137 -- Team with the highest: 11 clean sheets. Across 46 games this is a 23% rate.

B: 111 -- Team with the highest: 13 clean sheets. Across 46 games this is a 23% rate.

C: 156 -- Team with the highest: 11 clean sheets. Across 46 games this is a 28% rate.

This means that a team on FM with the most amount of clean sheets... would be around 17/18th IRL. 

The accuracy of the match engine is unimportant. The game should be visually appealing, featuring high-scoring matches and impressive goals.

41 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

The accuracy of the match engine is unimportant. The game should be visually appealing, featuring high-scoring matches and impressive goals.

Bad luck if your board wants you to play defensive football then I guess?

3 hours ago, janrzm said:

Any type of player unhappiness leads to a training and performance crash which results in you not playing the player and perpetuating the cycle of unhappiness.......frozen morale, poor training. Still not seeing morale increase if I'm meeting the terms of a promise, wasn't that supposed to be a new thing? It makes no sense to see a player stuck in a morale and training limbo for a finite amount of days. It should be gradual and recover quicker if being met. Just disappointingly nonsensical as it currently stands.   

The current mechanics suggest that unhappy players are not professional enough to train well and play well.

I'm finding that some unhappy players stop bothering in training, but not all. Likewise, some have a dip in performance on the pitch, but not all. Strikes me it depends on their hidden personality attributes, which is as it should be. In my current squad, one player has surprisingly gone into a death-loop and is now floundering in the reserves, but all the other have gotten over themselves after 2-3 months and are behaving normally.

26 minutes ago, Overmars said:

I think you will find a lot of people disagree with that. I am one of them. I remember having fun with FM15 which had a similarly high-scoring match engine, but ultimately I was disappointed with how immersion-breaking it can be when you rarely see 1-0 or 0-0 scorelines.

It was a sarcastic response to a long series of whiny posts.