FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

15 минут назад, YonFarCountry сказал:

Sorry if this has been bought up before, but why is the 2025 Club World Cup being hosted by Libya in-game? I assumed it was just my save, and that it was a random allocation, but then I noticed someone else's save game also had the Club World Cup hosted in Libya, so I presume it's the same for everyone.

In real-life, the 2025 Club World Cup is being hosted in the USA, as a prelude to them hosting the 2026 World Cup. Furthermore, I think it very unlikely that Libya would be in a position to host international football tournaments given everything that is going on out there.

Looks like someone decided that Libya is something like the UAE

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone else found there being an absurd amount of goals scored, but only in user controlled leagues?

In my most recent season in the Vanarama National I won the league with 124 goals, of the top 8 teams the lowest goalscorers came in at 87 and three other teams scored over 100 goals. The team in 8th scored 101 and conceded 98! York and Chesterfield were both in the division the season before where they finished 3rd and 4th and scored 72 goals, this season they finished 2nd and 3rd and both scored 108 goals. It was the same story the season before in the VNN where 9 teams scored more than 90 goals, and five scored more than 100.

Compare this to every other league in the English pyramid where if anything not enough goals are scored compared to real life. The top goalscorers in League 1 scored 64 goals for example which seems ridiculous.

Not sure what the issue is here, and while it is just a couple of seasons there is definitely a pattern emerging.

11 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

As I said on the prior page the UI and UX have gotten drastically worse the last 5 or so years.

Things that took 1 click now take multiple.

Information that could be gleaned at a glance now has to be searched for around the screen.

Info that used to be easily accessible via its own 1 click menu is now hidden 6 clicks away in a sub-menu of a sub-menu that you literally only know exists because you accidentally stumbled on it on one day.

This even extends to the games settings menu where it used to be a fairly simple to navigate traditional menu system. It's now a Byzantine mess of a system where you literally have to know what you are searching for and type it into the search box...it's bafflingly awful UI design.

FM in fact must have the worst UI/UX of any game I regularly play and I play Paradox games that are notorious for having woefully over complicated UI.

The change to a new graphical engine next year kind of terrifies me as to just how bad the UI is going to get when they have even more options to make it worse!

I can understand it somehow. New things added over the years can make things messy. But at some point someone from SI should ask themselves how far can this UI/UX mess go on.

I would honestly like to have an opportunity to talk to a person who made this team talk and press conference screen, and people who gave it thumbs up, and ask how can they think that actually looks  good. Thats what i cannot understand.

But as i said before, not the biggest problem with FM

35 minutes ago, Mr_Tans said:

Has anyone else found there being an absurd amount of goals scored, but only in user controlled leagues?

In my most recent season in the Vanarama National I won the league with 124 goals, of the top 8 teams the lowest goalscorers came in at 87 and three other teams scored over 100 goals. The team in 8th scored 101 and conceded 98! York and Chesterfield were both in the division the season before where they finished 3rd and 4th and scored 72 goals, this season they finished 2nd and 3rd and both scored 108 goals. It was the same story the season before in the VNN where 9 teams scored more than 90 goals, and five scored more than 100.

Compare this to every other league in the English pyramid where if anything not enough goals are scored compared to real life. The top goalscorers in League 1 scored 64 goals for example which seems ridiculous.

Not sure what the issue is here, and while it is just a couple of seasons there is definitely a pattern emerging.

This. It's because the league you manage in is ran in full detail, the other leagues on the detail level section will be set to none and using the QME. Hence the disparity.

The sheer amount of goals and lack of clean sheets is quite frankly, the only thing putting me off playing at the moment. I see at least one 4-1 and one even higher score (like a 6-3) each gameweek in a single league. From the 60th minute onwards in games it's just a goal flurry. Unsure if it's the ball physics, goalkeepers being awful or morale issues once you concede.

There's nothing more satisfying than getting a 0-0  away or sneaking a 1-0 at home and playing a low deep block. Sad to say, I haven't experienced any of this satisfaction. Just 3-3, and 4-1's....

Edited by Domoboy23

6 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

What do you reckon the chances that SI release the 'early release' on Friday (for us beta players). Im flying out to Barcelona next Thursday, so would love a weekend in smashing full-fat FM before then...

The chances of that happening is lower than Luton winning the premier league :brock:

1 hour ago, Cro-cop said:

I can understand it somehow. New things added over the years can make things messy. But at some point someone from SI should ask themselves how far can this UI/UX mess go on.

I would honestly like to have an opportunity to talk to a person who made this team talk and press conference screen, and people who gave it thumbs up, and ask how can they think that actually looks  good. Thats what i cannot understand.

But as i said before, not the biggest problem with FM

From memory the official explanation was this horrible mess is more immersive as it is how people sit in a changing room when a team talk takes place. 

There's some form of logic to it that you'd hope wouldn't make it past the idea stage of implementation, definitely shouldn't make it past the mock up stage as its way worse UI/UX than the prior one

1 hour ago, Domoboy23 said:

This. It's because the league you manage in is ran in full detail, the other leagues on the detail level section will be set to none and using the QME. Hence the disparity.

The sheer amount of goals and lack of clean sheets is quite frankly, the only thing putting me off playing at the moment. I see at least one 4-1 and one even higher score (like a 6-3) each gameweek in a single league. From the 60th minute onwards in games it's just a goal flurry. Unsure if it's the ball physics, goalkeepers being awful or morale issues once you concede.

There's nothing more satisfying than getting a 0-0  away or sneaking a 1-0 at home and playing a low deep block. Sad to say, I haven't experienced any of this satisfaction. Just 3-3, and 4-1's....

I've only found this in lower league football.

In elite level and League one the goals scored seemed perfectly normal and games weren't mad.

But South African first division after 60 mins games go mental.

2 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I really wish SI would bump up injuries to be more in line with real life. 

I've got a lot of my fringe players kicking off over game time because hardly any of my starting XI ever get injured. 

I'm in season 3 in game, and for the entirety of season two, I had a total of 12 injuries, only one of which was more than a month. 

I've no idea why they don't make this part of the game closer to reality. 

You know why Dave, because if they did this feedback thread would be 100 pages long and at least 70 of them would be people complaining the games broken due to the amount of injuries.

1 hour ago, Mr_Tans said:

Kinda happened in my first season yeah. But back to normal back in season 2. Almost every game is a 2-1 now. 

1 hour ago, Domoboy23 said:

There was a 4-3, or 6-4 every week in my first season. None at all now, 20 games into season 2. I think we have to play the game out and make these claims over longer saves jmo. 

Just now, Dadecane said:

There was a 4-3, or 6-4 every week in my first season. None at all now, 20 games into season 2. I think we have to play the game out and make these claims over longer saves jmo. 

Encouraging to hear. Perhaps it's a team gel/familiarity thing and it's a bit unbalanced at the start

2 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Encouraging to hear. Perhaps it's a team gel/familiarity thing and it's a bit unbalanced at the start

Yeah, I have to admit I have not been riddled by bugs like others claim to have been. Have had no issues with communication, player morale, revolts, etc. 

but in my first season I did raise my eyebrows at 2 things: my starting gk went out for 2 months, and then 6 weeks, its ok, totally realistic but since many mentioned a gk injury bug I kept my eyes on it. Also the amount of goals scored; I broke the single record for goals in a game twice in year 1. And every game seemed to be a 4-3, 6-4, 5-4, etc so I kept an eye on that tol

now, 20 games into my second season; my starting gk, who is 34 yrs old, has started every game and has had 0 injuries. Only my backup suffered an injury, for 2 weeks. And the goals are much more normal now. I just won my last 2 games 3-1, because im 1st place and played some lower ranked teams, but before that I think I had 18 goals in 16 games, as the first place team. Looking around my league, much more 0-1’s, 2-1’s this season. 

33 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

You know why Dave, because if they did this feedback thread would be 100 pages long and at least 70 of them would be people complaining the games broken due to the amount of injuries.

Yes, but how utterly glorious would that be? 

When is this game going to clamp down on abuse of paying for transfers via instalments, yet this has no effect on future transfer budgets?

If the financial projection wasn't still broken, maybe the board could take the future financial state of club into consideration and set realistic limits on how much future spending we can commit. It should be limited like wages are.

Watching Lollujo exploit this loophole and every single other one in the game is gloriously grotesque.

Went 3-0 up at minute 10 at home against some random opponent. Final score 5-0.

Opposition substitutes? ZERO.

Opposition change of formation? Nada.

Opposition doing any sort of thing other than watching? No.

How is this supposed to be improved AI? It has to be a bug, raised in the tracker. Do any of you experienced anything like this? 

2 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

I'd wager fatigue. Feel like a lot of the bigger wins come when you rotate and the AI has players that are exhausted by halftime. 

I'm loving the goalfest but understand there's maybe a few too many going in. In my current save though it seems like the upper and lower bounds are on target for the amount scored. I'd rather have too many goals than not enough. Nothing is more frustrating than having 3 xG and 0 actual goals repeatedly.

2 minutes ago, Bahoi said:

How is this supposed to be improved AI? It has to be a bug, raised in the tracker. Do any of you experienced anything like this? 

Played liverpool in a cup semifinal. they made subs and even went to a narrow 4-1-2-1-2 diamond and scored an equalizer to force ET. They didn't change back and I wound up winning 6-2 after scoring, saving a penalty and hitting them on the counter 3 times. 

5 minutes ago, Bahoi said:

Yeah a few people have reported issues with the AI not using subs well. SI are looking into it last I seen. 

54 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Yes, but how utterly glorious would that be? 

Wish they'd have a toggle for real injures or reduced. I had a flurry at the beginning and toned the training down a bit and now I have none. Seems to easy to avoid them by just giving players enough rest. Don't know if that significantly hampers development but not seeing the injury crisis. 

1 hour ago, wazzaflow10 said:

Played liverpool in a cup semifinal. they made subs and even went to a narrow 4-1-2-1-2 diamond and scored an equalizer to force ET. They didn't change back and I wound up winning 6-2 after scoring, saving a penalty and hitting them on the counter 3 times. 

This was the case for me as well last season and the season before and s-o on, but as time goes on, AI turns from ............. to No Competition At All.

2 hours ago, Zapoleon said:

Yeah a few people have reported issues with the AI not using subs well. SI are looking into it last I seen. 

Think this was reported back in 2020 or so. Do you know if SI is looking into it now in 2023 or it may be postponed for the super-duper new engine in 2024? :brock:

On 30/10/2023 at 06:51, Tullekunstner said:

Just dropping by to say that Trent being a natural RWB, but not RB, is an absolutely ridiculous decision. Liverpool has been playing a back four every single match they've played since Trent came into the team. Yes, we've played him high up the field and yes we've now played him as an inverted WB for a while. But he's always been a RB. You can argue he's almost playing like an IFB now, dropping in between Van Dijk and Konate and spraying passes upfield.

He LITERALLY was playing straight up center mid against Everton in the second half of the Derby.

2 hours ago, Zapoleon said:

Not to ruin anyone's expectations, as this doesn't techincally qualify as feedback, and I don't want to personally anger the Staff writing to us here, but it was a Headline Feature of sorts. To paraphrase - "improvement of rival's managerial choices when it comes to squad building and squad SELECTION." Them looking at it now is ...........

22 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Has anyone managed any Spanish B teams this year yet? Interested to see if managing them has been made easier

They seem broken. I haven't managed them myself but I watched some of that lollujo video of him simulating 1000 years into the future and the team who won the record amount of La Liga titles were Granada B, whilst Granada's first team were in non league. Las Palmas B were also winning La Liga.

I don't know if this has been reported in the bug section, I'd report it myself but he's not uploading the save file unless he gets 5000 likes... (and he's not even close) :rolleyes::lol:

2 minutes ago, Big Daddy Sid said:

They seem broken. I haven't managed them myself but I watched some of that lollujo video of him simulating 1000 years into the future and the team who won the record amount of La Liga titles were Granada B, whilst Granada's first team were in non league. Las Palmas B were also winning La Liga.

I don't know if this has been reported in the bug section, I'd report it myself but he's not uploading the save file unless he gets 5000 likes... (and he's not even close) :rolleyes::lol:

If that's true and he's not submitted a bug report and isn't planning to until he gets to a certain amount of likes... wow, just wow.

So many of my goals are slight deflections. Feels like 50% of the time either an outstretched leg will divert it just past the GK, or the GK will parry it into the net. Bug? 

Saka update:

Still wont sign a new deal summer 2024, because of the interest shown in his. That interest remains two Saudi clubs and now PSG. Also states he wont join PSG because he wouldn't want to join a smaller club...

Curious times.

image.png.175fef804d00a1b61c050485b99e4ac2.png

He's going to **** his lungs in anger when i turn down this offer.

image.png.9f9d029e08efb3654b557d9fe0100659.png

Whats that mate?

Edited by Purple Bane

14 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

If that's true and he's not submitted a bug report and isn't planning to until he gets to a certain amount of likes... wow, just wow.

Sorry mate I don't think I worded my post very well. He said he won't upload the save file to his channel until 5000 likes. I realise I made that sound 10x worse than it is :lol:

But still... he hasn't submitted a report and since no one else has the save file it's never going to be submitted or fixed... (unless he has his likes of course)

18 minutes ago, KeegBCFC said:

Why is this still a "highlight" on Comprehensive? Happens 3 or 4 times per game, truly ridiculous

because that the classic play where the receiver gives a one touch pass back to the throw in taker and gets called out off side, top play of  any match easy.

Edited by kertiek

Board approved 4.5mil training facility upgrade but won't let me have another coach...they're still approving raises in wages.

Kind of wondering when the staff numbers issues will get fixed.

In FM23 I had 200mil in the bank but the board would never let me increase coach numbers.

Just won 10-5 in my first season in the Championship in my imported FM23 save. Both goalkeepers were awful, 6.5 and 5.7 ratings :lol:. In other fixtures on the same matchday Ipswich beat Bristol City 7-5 and Everton beat West Brom 6-5

I remember high scoring games were a problem back on the FM15 beta as well and I think it was fixed for the full release, hopefully it is this time too

10-5.png

13 minutes ago, Big Daddy Sid said:

Just won 10-5 in my first season in the Championship in my imported FM23 save. Both goalkeepers were awful, 6.5 and 5.7 ratings :lol:. In other fixtures on the same matchday Ipswich beat Bristol City 7-5 and Everton beat West Brom 6-5

I remember high scoring games were a problem back on the FM15 beta as well and I think it was fixed for the full release, hopefully it is this time too

10-5.png

Try attempting a low block to try sneak a 0-0...

image.png.0f3efd2cabb03d14a11a5af7fdca9651.png

FM24 beta was the only time I ever got a low block or defensive tactics to work.

1 hour ago, MrCell0phane said:

I refer to my club as "Woodwork FC" if that answers your question.

The first half of my season i was seeing 3+ woodworks per game (from either side). now it's calmed down about to an average of 1/2 per game which i think is SI normal.

6 hours ago, rdbayly said:

When is this game going to clamp down on abuse of paying for transfers via instalments, yet this has no effect on future transfer budgets?

If the financial projection wasn't still broken, maybe the board could take the future financial state of club into consideration and set realistic limits on how much future spending we can commit. It should be limited like wages are.

Watching Lollujo exploit this loophole and every single other one in the game is gloriously grotesque.

Makes you question when doesn't negative transfer budgets actually come into play...

Sports Interactive should focus on setting realistic expectations and exceeding them, rather than making grand promises they can't keep. For the past few years, they have promised a lot but failed to deliver, so it's time to adopt the "under promise, over deliver" principle.

15 hours ago, brawla123 said:

I really hope SI don’t nerf the injuries. I think if you’re more hands on with training and rest days, you won’t experience these problems as much. 

I agree with your point. In my league, I haven't encountered any major injuries to goalkeepers so far. I believe people are not accustomed to seeing goalkeepers getting injured, hence they suspect it to be a bug. While I have had some injuries to my goalkeepers, none of them were severe or frequent enough to suggest a bug in the game.