FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, daveh83 said:

I haven’t been looking around the league am asking here is anyone been experiencing this prob. Av had with many diff keepers even a world class one 

The reason I'm asking is if it's only your keeper, then it's likely to be a tactical issue rather than an issue with the game, as the AI uses all the same tools the human player has. 

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

The reason I'm asking is if it's only your keeper, then it's likely to be a tactical issue rather than an issue with the game, as the AI uses all the same tools the human player has. 

I find it hard to believe regardless of tactics tactics that a world class gk can let in 3/4 shots!!! And just to rub salt in wounds there keeper gets a 8 rating to 

2 minutes ago, daveh83 said:

I find it hard to believe regardless of tactics tactics that a world class gk can let in 3/4 shots!!! And just to rub salt in wounds there keeper gets a 8 rating to 

So, the opposition keeper is doing well, but your keeper isn't? Might be worth your while posting your tactical set up in the tactics forum and see if anyone can help. It might not be your keeper at fault, your defence may be conceding too many clear cut chances. More info needed, but posting in the tactics forum would be my advice. 

1 час назад, Dagenham_Dave сказал:

Nope, not a thing. Injuries are hardly ever amended in any update, unless there's a verifiable issue, such as the GK injuries this year, which should be fixed by launch. 

For reference, I'm currently in November in my save, and have just had only my 5th player injured, this one being the most severe. He's out for 3 weeks. Half the teams in the league have no injuries. 

If SI really want to fix injuries, they need to increase them to the real life figures, not keep it at 80% as it is now. It would be good to see that happening, if only for the complete meltdown on here. :D

I'm a little surprised by the discussion about GK injuries. In FM22 they get injured relatively often for me. In one of the last saves, I bought an equivalent goalkeeper simply because the first one went to the infirmary as if it were a job :D Moreover, I had save where two goalkeepers were injured in autumn of the first season. I was shocked. I had to take young GK with very low quality... who was also injured. Fortunately, he was able to play with the injury. I didn't leave any screenshots, but this is not something that can be invented on purpose. :D 

Although I have had outstanding seasons where the number of injuries was minimal, especially when it comes to serious injuries. But in general, I’m used to scenarios being completely different.

Therefore, most of the comments that this has become worse in FM24 are questionable - similar scenarios have occurred before. The whole question is how permanent they are.

Edited by Novem9

Just now, Domoboy23 said:

Injuries need increasing. Both for outfield and for goalkeepers.

Bear in mind managers cry about injuries IRL too. And they get more on average than you do on FM. So, yeah.

Outfield players, definitely, but not goalkeepers. I've not had any myself, but there's been enough reports from others to confirm it's definitely an issue, and SI are looking into it. 

There's a mod that's released that increases the injury frequency to more realistic levels, I'll be d/loading that again when it comes out. 

36 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

I had one injury to my keeper in two seasons he was out for 3 weeks I think with strained wrist ligaments.

Outfield players however I don't think I've ever had a fully fit squad had about 9 injuries at one point.

are these injures happening in training or in games? If they are happening in games you can't do much about that but if they are happening in training you can add more recovery sessions, add more rest, decrease training intensity 

2026 summer Kesse  as free transfer (not at club anymore) -  moved to PSG at 31.7.2026 - my club and PSG both offered contract but he chose them (which is okay as psg stature is much higher) at 21.8.2026 psg sold kesse to real madrid for 43,5m.  Psg knows how to print money hehe... they actually grabbed 5 players from free market (laporte...lookman..saint-maxim etc). Funny how saudi let players just go free market. 

32 minutes ago, DarJ said:

are these injures happening in training or in games? If they are happening in games you can't do much about that but if they are happening in training you can add more recovery sessions, add more rest, decrease training intensity 

Mainly in games.

Apparently horror tackles are a national sport in France.

It wasn't a complaint more a statement of what had happened because my first season I didn't get many injuries at all.

My squad basically stayed injury free for the majority of the season.

I have a few complaints to add to my list more gripes than game breaking though.

- Tunnel interviews that ask about injuries...I don't know as the game gives me almost no info. Beyond what part of the body it is. A foot injury could be a broken foot to a stubbed toe and I have as far as I'm aware no way of telling which it is.

- Win the league and you don't get the trophy presentation again this year. Pretty sure this is a bug as it sometimes works but about 90% of the time doesn't. (Although there was a nice little feature in the next game that I'd never seen before)

Wondering if any from SI can give a vague idea if the reported and acknowledged bug in network games where it crashes before a match day is being worked on? 

Not expecting a definitive answer but rather if we can expect this solved for full release or a hotfix before, as this happened for my friend and I on Day 1 of early access and has put us on a halt from that day for our main use of the game, which is unfortunate. 

12 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Win the league and you don't get the trophy presentation again this year. Pretty sure this is a bug as it sometimes works but about 90% of the time doesn't. (Although there was a nice little feature in the next game that I'd never seen before)

In FM23 you wouldn't get the trophy presentation if you were managing in a league that went to a playoff to decide the title (eg, the Belgian League). Not sure if that's still the case now. It'll be a long time before I win anything, either in my current beta save or my main save starting in November, so I'll not see it (or not) for a good few months! 

1 hour ago, craiigman said:

What's the reason behind the first season Champions League/ Europa etc not having the real life draws now that they are fully licensed?

if you mean group stage draws, it would be impossible to implement as they start in the qualifying rounds eg the results or teams reaching the group stages may not be the same teams irl 

2 minutes ago, Mush1983 said:

if you mean group stage draws, it would be impossible to implement as they start in the qualifying rounds eg the results or teams reaching the group stages may not be the same teams irl 

That's what I mean though, why is the first season not set as is in real life, including the qualifying games etc I know you start the game before the games would have happened in real life, but we also get transfers that happened after that start date (on normal mode).

2 minutes ago, craiigman said:

That's what I mean though, why is the first season not set as is in real life, including the qualifying games etc I know you start the game before the games would have happened in real life, but we also get transfers that happened after that start date (on normal mode).

Because then SI would need to script all the outcomes of the qualifying matches, and that's not how matches are calculated. It's a whole different set of coding for transfers. 

13 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

In FM23 you wouldn't get the trophy presentation if you were managing in a league that went to a playoff to decide the title (eg, the Belgian League). Not sure if that's still the case now. It'll be a long time before I win anything, either in my current beta save or my main save starting in November, so I'll not see it (or not) for a good few months! 

It didn't work in FM23 either in leagues that definitely don't go to play offs, shame to see it still not work this year.

On 24/10/2023 at 20:56, f.zaarour said:

Yo, thanks. Ye ur right. Thats what im trying, watching all sort of feedbacks to see how it is (but the transfers seems to much imo, saw someone transfering 250 mil for Varane lol, or saw Estupinian going to the saudi league on a 950K pounds a week wage, crazy lol). The game is so triggering to get still lol, but ye meanwhile i try to win a give away which are out there hehe. 🙈

Btw nice to meet u here again. Thought u werent here anymore hehe. I messaged u a while ago, to see how u doing and to show my appreciation. Didnt forget ur gesture at all. 🙏 Hope u doing all good too. 

Good strategy! And the Varane and Estupinian deals sound wild haha. Wishing you luck on the giveaway!

Just now, Rofocale said:

I believe the Saudi power needs to be toned down heavily. The money they spend is completely over the top. Every new Star Player gets 50 million or more

Yeah it is a bit much.  Should be able to so something when the editor is out.  Change the league rules so they can only have three foreign players or something might reduce the sillyness.

27 minutes ago, Rofocale said:

I believe the Saudi power needs to be toned down heavily. The money they spend is completely over the top. Every new Star Player gets 50 million or more

image.thumb.png.e46f718743ffa8e0112abe3f704c5a51.png

image.thumb.png.4251cc3d3ec55868ff1306002065b0aa.png

image.thumb.png.d80f4a3f0f598486230f958d9839e49d.png

Even mediocre players like Friedl get similar wages like Mendy or Milinkovic-Savic.

image.thumb.png.1665575b04d0c4826c2fa38e34be2ef1.png

image.thumb.png.b829c181dbaf9d90a4a65f338ba50322.png

If there's more than those in your pics then it needs to be bugged. Maybe it is already. If there is an issue, then the more save game examples SI have the more they know to finetune. :D

Wages in Saudi are pretty big though irl.

image.png.825822ebf84964d1dcf69b420789c795.png

3 hours ago, Rofocale said:

I really like the things that happen on the pitch, but I am seriously concerned about the AI Squad Building, especially regarding young players.

Here are five examples after two simulated seasons (Full Detail):

image.thumb.png.e219b366c9edcfe71571cd985ef8f331.png

image.thumb.png.c5cfa47eab1a821fdd7f90caabe524a2.png

image.thumb.png.96b2fd1a478a19ce33ef5285a016f860.png

image.thumb.png.d71ccd6d220cbf4844648753d116aedc.png

image.thumb.png.6f568f4e973856f1b1a6e9a59e7b9b13.png

And that is only the tip of the iceberg. There are many more players that get barely any playtime including Bynoe-Gittens (3 games in 2 seasons), Güler (1 game), Hall (3 games), Chukwuemeka (3 games), Barcola (1 game). Some players played for one season and where dropped a year later. Palmer made 15 games in 23/24 and 3 in 24/25, Matar Sarr 15 and 2, Garnacho 23 and 6. A very strange case is Udogie who made 27 league appearances in 23/24 and was loaned to a Championship team in 24/25.

I hope this will get fixed for the final version.

Manager movements seem to be a little crazy. Pep got sacked and that started some massive manager movements. Pochettino resigned and went to City, Inzaghi than resigned and went to Chelsea, that made Klopp resign at Liverpool and he went to Inter, than Enrique went to Liverpool, Tuchel to PSG and Rose to Bayern.

Make sure you report this as a bug, it's really worrying

36 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Because then SI would need to script all the outcomes of the qualifying matches, and that's not how matches are calculated. It's a whole different set of coding for transfers. 

I would have thought it would be possible to turn off qualifying rounds on season 1, so no need to script anything. Maybe it's a niche request on my behalf, however I always thought we never got real life groups etc was down to licensing. I've just tested this to confirm, even when you pick a start date of "first champions league fixtures" you don't get the correct groups etc.

1 minute ago, craiigman said:

I would have thought it would be possible to turn off qualifying rounds on season 1, so no need to script anything. Maybe it's a niche request on my behalf, however I always thought we never got real life groups etc was down to licensing. I've just tested this to confirm, even when you pick a start date of "first champions league fixtures" you don't get the correct groups etc.

but then if you took the qualifying round out for 1st season it wouldnt be as irl would it.then what about the people starting a save with a smaller nation or club trying to reach the group stages i get your point but cant see it ever happening 

18 hours ago, Dadecane said:

Ehh I dont think this quite works like that. I get asked that question often when I havnt changed nobodys role. 

It definitely does. I notice it every time.

I have never received that question without making any changes at all. 

2 minutes ago, rjferguson90 said:

Something a bit off about South Korea Under 19s here...

Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 02.57.37.jpg

I'm presuming the listed nationality is their primary nationality until they represent that nation at senior level. So they'll have eligible second nationality. No issue if that is what you were pointing out IMO.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peru–South_Korea_relations

Edited by Domoboy23

Just now, Domoboy23 said:

I'm presuming the listed nationality is their primary nationality until they represent that nation at senior level. So they'll have eligible second nationality. No issue if that is what you were pointing out IMO.

Peru-South Korea relations! Who would of thought it?

I don't know if it's my save, but the number of injuries I get is ridiculous.  A mixture of minor injuries but currently have half my first XI out for 2-3 months.  Also, the fitness of players seems pretty poor.  For example, in real life you will see them play weekend, weekday and weekend again no issue but struggle to do that in this game.

10 minutes ago, potbellypigs said:

Reading through this thread and some of the other threads, it looks like there's nothing gamebreaking this year is there? I might start my full proper save this weekend.

I have personally started my first full proper save. I haven’t noticed anything “save breaking”, but there are things that need a big patch. But it’s at least playable as a serious save, at least for me.

I look forward to a significant update coming shortly. Or maybe I shouldn’t after last year? :lol:

5 hours ago, Novem9 said:

Although modern children have problems with clip thinking, one gets the feeling that the concentration of newgens is lower than default players even in adulthood?

I've noticed this for a couple of FMs. I think that real life players tend to be at least competent at everything and can play a variety of roles. Newgens seem much more niche and tend to be a really great Mezzala or a really great DLP. Personally I prefer it and think it is more realistic.

I also see more newgens with really low jumping reach. Real life players rarely seem to go below an 8. I chalk it down to the challenges to researching players and game balance.

7 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Strange things.

Clubs like Benfica/Ajax spend a lot of money on salaries. Ajax - 7mln p/a for Star Player. 

That Ajax salary actually isn’t too unbelievable. Bergwijn currently makes almost 5m per year I think, so a star making 7m in 2030 doesn’t feel too crazy.

2 минуты назад, Kingsls сказал:

That Ajax salary actually isn’t too unbelievable. Bergwijn currently makes almost 5m per year I think, so a star making 7m in 2030 doesn’t feel too crazy.

Yes, that sounds reasonable

39 minutes ago, potbellypigs said:

Reading through this thread and some of the other threads, it looks like there's nothing gamebreaking this year is there? I might start my full proper save this weekend.

Depends if your squad get a case of the lacking depth meltdowns about them, even though your squad depth is fine.

If they do it's very annoying to the point I couldn't be bothered carrying on after 1 season and started again.

Second save not had any major issues at all and had a great time.