FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, SuperRedditch said:

Before anyone tries to offer justifaction - we have £225k in the bank and I'm top of the National North with A+ board feedback.

Devil's advocate:

1) What level of coaching badge are you asking for and how does that level compare realistically to a National North manager?

2) What's in it for them?  The Board may just be thinking that if they fund the course you may turn around at the end and say "cheers, thanks for the course, I'm off to bigger and better things" and so the club see no benefit even though they paid for it.

Not trying to justify things, and responses could be better, but there is a possible flip side here.

10 minutes ago, herne79 said:

Devil's advocate:

1) What level of coaching badge are you asking for and how does that level compare realistically to a National North manager?

2) What's in it for them?  The Board may just be thinking that if they fund the course you may turn around at the end and say "cheers, thanks for the course, I'm off to bigger and better things" and so the club see no benefit even though they paid for it.

Not trying to justify things, and responses could be better, but there is a possible flip side here.

1) National B - the 2nd badge. Every other manager in the league, except one, has some level of continental badge. The exception has National A. I'd see your point if i was asking for continental pro - but the national licences are like, baby's first coaching badges.

2) Investing in your staff in the same way you invest in players. I 'think' the National B badge costs £400 in-game. An absolute pittance. Particularly when the 225k in the bank is money I've made from overwhelmingly good performance (great cup run).

I personally dont think the flipsides really offer much other than a contrived roadblock. I'd imagine IRL managers pay for their own coaching badges and do so in their own time.

Also, i appreciate the response. This just wound me up as I've been asking for a badge for 18 months in-game now.

Edited by SuperRedditch

One thing I've encountered is determination is dropping on a few different players. My new player has dropped by 2 in just 3 months. His mentor has 16 and the squad is generally very determined. No comment from assistant on this, must surely be a bug?

image.thumb.png.e78b5319926b5f9f0752834c58d69e79.png

Edited by Dotsworthy

2 hours ago, SuperRedditch said:

AHm80kb.png

I really, really wish this wasn't part of the game, SI. I fail to see how this even remotely resembles how interactions of this manner take place in real life. There is no employer on earth who would be so brazen as to say this to their employees face - let alone be dumb enough to put it formally in writing. I'd be quitting my job immediately and be straight to the papers if this actually happened to me.

Do chairpeople have the final decision on whether a manager can take a coaching badge IRL?
Do clubs often refuse to allow their staff to better themselves?

I know it's going to boil down to a number in the chairman's attributes. Probably his ambition or something. This whole system is arbitrary, overly gamey, unfun, unrealistic.

Before anyone tries to offer justifaction - we have £225k in the bank and I'm top of the National North with A+ board feedback.

Its happened to me several times as a person who has managed staff in several roles. Also to myself directly from managers.

6 hours ago, TIR669 said:

What do you mean "a block", lets just leave him unmarked for 4 seconds. Like what's he gonna do, shoot? Nah.

There was a shot block attempt by the CD (?), maybe a bit late but actually quite realistic looking goal. Not perfect but could be a lot worse.

Edited by Pasonen

First week of preseason, players come to me and ask why I let our best player go on a transfer. This player was on a contract that was going to expire at the end of the season, which would have been 1 week into preseason. He wasn't going to stay, was way to good for my team, ended up going to League 2 from VNS.

Told my players it was better to let him go for something than on a free. Their response:
image.png.5d14634b9b762a891606167548d909b3.png

Seems very unrealistic...

2 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Well this is awkward. I've not bothered with set-piece training, but I've just fired up a new save, and I can't play the first friendly. I'm getting this issue and it leads me to this screen; what do I do?

Screenshot 2023-10-26 113751.png

Screenshot 2.png

Press OK ?

Well this is awkward. I've not bothered with set-piece training, but I've just fired up a new save, and I can't play the first friendly. I'm getting this issue and it leads me to this screen; what do I do?

Screenshot 2.png

Go to the set piece tab and run through the set piece questions would be my guess.

16 hours ago, alian62 said:

I was thinking of hiring a personal secretary to deal with the mountains of emails in my inbox 

I would not be surprised if they add that as a feature down the line, I honestly think they've lost the plot a little bit. I get it that being a football manager means having meetings and emails, but that will never be fun to "play", especially not when it's presented as an accounting spreadsheet with predefined sentences that don't always mean what you think they mean. But I get it that younger audiences haven't yet had the pleasure of attending a meeting in their life, so it's interesting to them (at first, at least, I honestly think it gets very tiring very quickly to have identical meetings with clickable sentences to everyone), which is why I say I'm probably not the target demographic any more.

And then the actual match is skipped almost completely and/or watched in high speed because it just takes too long to watch 10 football matches a day, which means the majority of the gameplay is spent in clicking ugly menus and doing anything but actually managing a match. So, as I said, I honestly think they are losing the plot a little bit, administrative tasks have become the centerpiece of the game.

15 hours ago, BnadnerB said:

FM Console or Touch mate - it rekindled the love for me and is essentially the heart of FM without all of the bloat and rubbish of todays game.

I’m sure FM24 is great, but I like to actually have a life also!

I actually played the previous editions on Nintendo Switch the most, so you are completely right. This time I got a refund though, I'll get Diablo 4 instead, and I'll see what FM25 will bring.

3 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Screenshot 2.png

You need to go to staff responsibilities and delegate the set piece routines to your set piece coach if you don't want to do it.

1 hour ago, alian62 said:

Press OK ?

OK takes me to that second screen. I did delegate all training to my assistant but the set pieces screen shows up blank. Got to be a bug, right? My other save is fine.

Screenshot 2023 3.png

Screenshot 4.png

I don't see any option at all to go to setting up the set-pieces after clicking past it on day one.

Edited by phnompenhandy

10 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

OK takes me to that second screen. I did delegate all training to my assistant but the set pieces screen shows up blank. Got to be a bug, right? My other save is fine.

Screenshot 2023 3.png

Screenshot 4.png

I don't see any option at all to go to setting up the set-pieces after clicking past it on day one.

Try using the base skin and see if that works.

29 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Screenshot 2023 3.png

Screenshot 4.png

Almost certainly a skin issue.  Obviously Set Pieces is an area that has changed significantly for this edition, and I imagine that those who have released skins early will understandably miss stuff - let them know, though, as they're going to need user feedback (testing every scenario and edge case is near impossible - especially if you don't know what they all are likely to be)

18 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Almost certainly a skin issue.  Obviously Set Pieces is an area that has changed significantly for this edition, and I imagine that those who have released skins early will understandably miss stuff - let them know, though, as they're going to need user feedback (testing every scenario and edge case is near impossible - especially if you don't know what they all are likely to be)

Ah yes guys, thanks. It is the skin. Odd that the same skin is fine with my older save, but not the new one. I'll get onto the creator pronto. :thup:

Ohhhhh, got it! I'd changed the zoom setting to 95%. Changed it back to 100% and all is good again!

Edited by phnompenhandy
Solved

Tried so many times to get inverted full back and Libero to work but was getting hammered. I have gone back to a basic 442 with default roles mostly attacking with wingers. I’m old school and proud of it 

Edited by Colonel Tigh

6 minutes ago, Colonel Tigh said:

Tried so many times to get inverted full back and Libero to work but was getting hammered. I have gone back to a basic 442 with default roles mostly attacking with wingers. I’m old school and proud of it 

I tried the same. The inverted wingback or full back seems okay to me, but I can't get a libero working properly, so reverted to ball-playing defender in a back 5 (5-2-3).

23 minutes ago, Colonel Tigh said:

Just bear in the teams that use that set up, I think the best example would be Man City last season with Stones 

Does XG from set pieces seem over the top to other people? I'm comfortably outplaying teams, possession, open play chances, momentum etc. but they get like 3-4 set piece highlights that are not even close to clear cut but are ending up with like 1.5-2 XG.

Just played Villa and on extended highlights they didn't have a single highlight that wasn't a set piece but they ended up with 2.4 XG, they seem to be getting like 0.2 XG or more from a set piece chance which makes no sense because IRL a chance on a corner  is nowhere near that level. 

On a different note AI squad building seems to be still off, as an example Arsenal just beat me to a centre-back that I wanted and I thought it was odd considering they have lots of decent centre-backs, went to look and they have arguably 6 world class centre-backs that clearly are all going to want to play and they didn't need to spend near £70 million on a new one. They also signed a Portuguese left back on a free, then instantly transfer listed him. They also bought Dani Olmo for £51 million in the first season, he has made 9 starts in 2 years because he basically plays where Odegaard plays, and they have now gone and spent £64 million on Oyarzabel who is basically the same player and he could play wide but they are also stacked in those areas.

There are similar stories at other big clubs where they are buying players for £50-60-70 million plus, but then those players don't play because there is a clear established very good player in that position. 

Edited by tajj7

2 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

New problem. I can no longer port over files I've made or adapted in the FM23 editor to FM24. I've put the files in 4 folders (2xFM23, 2xFM24). What am I missing? I ported over 2 saves last week.

porting over FM23 files problem.png

4 folders.png

I think they need to be revalidated in the FM24 editor (which is not out yet).

Unsure if this has been mentioned already, however when searching via player search - going into filter settings and then player position and then back out will force my view back up to the top - which is rather annoying and then I have to scroll through the players to get to where I was previously

16 hours ago, Hibs1875 said:

That’s me gone ten months without a clean sheet in league 😂 never seen the likes of this having played every edition of game 

I’ve just done 20 clean sheets in 30 games. I’m playing with a back line of Inverted wingback (s) , ball playing defender (d), central defender (d) & Inverted fullback (d). It’s been very sold defensively for me. 

17 saat önce, Andy_Red said:

I have been playing the game for 10 + years but over recent years I am becoming more and more disillusioned with the game and judging by the time I have spend on the FM24 Beta this one appears to be the same. 
what is the point of having a game based on realism and tactical nouse when the game appears to have already decided what will happen in any given match regardless of tactics, team selection etc… it is making it so obvious now that it’s actually embarrassing and really makes you ask the question of what is the point of the game if tactics, team selection etc have no bearing on the match, You can see it as the game is going on, you can predict what will happen and it is becoming easier and easier to predict because the game already knows what is going to happen regardless of what the player does…. I really don’t see the point of a game that works like this and it’s so disappointing because I really used to love this game. 

So, you say the game is rigged from the start? 

Any Fallout player here? 

Finished my first season and absolutely walked the league with Leeds. Enjoying the ME changes and new roles. 

Transfers wise I think there’s lots of work to be done still. I shouldn’t be able to sign Gravenberch on loan in the championship. Quite a few odd loans, Plymouth had Desire Doue and Coventry had Baleba. 

I feel like Saudi transfers need tuning down a little too. I got to the summer window and had some outrageous offers. Got £50m for Piroe, £47m for Dan James, £40m each for Kamara and Gruev and then £57m for Roca. Most of those are at best good championship players and shouldn’t really be commanding those fees. That said, I do quite like going into a newly promoted season with £300m to spend!

I know its a new FM so theres always going to be too many injuries to start but there seem to be a noticable number of goalkeeper injuries this time? Five starting keepers injured in the prem, three with broken/fractured arms. Couple of backups down too.

Might want to start introducing that emergency signing/loan system alongside these one year...

2 minutes ago, Purple Bane said:

I know its a new FM so theres always going to be too many injuries to start

Nope, not a thing. Injuries are hardly ever amended in any update, unless there's a verifiable issue, such as the GK injuries this year, which should be fixed by launch. 

For reference, I'm currently in November in my save, and have just had only my 5th player injured, this one being the most severe. He's out for 3 weeks. Half the teams in the league have no injuries. 

If SI really want to fix injuries, they need to increase them to the real life figures, not keep it at 80% as it is now. It would be good to see that happening, if only for the complete meltdown on here. :D

35 minutes ago, robwillux said:

I'm finding injuries are very frequent and it's hard to bring back players who have been injured. They seem to be at severe risk at getting injured on their first game back - much more than in previous versions.

Feels more realistic tbh does not feel too much and numbers are still lower than real life 

13 minutes ago, Rofocale said:

I really like the things that happen on the pitch, but I am seriously concerned about the AI Squad Building, especially regarding young players.

Here are five examples after two simulated seasons (Full Detail):

image.thumb.png.e219b366c9edcfe71571cd985ef8f331.png

image.thumb.png.c5cfa47eab1a821fdd7f90caabe524a2.png

image.thumb.png.96b2fd1a478a19ce33ef5285a016f860.png

image.thumb.png.d71ccd6d220cbf4844648753d116aedc.png

image.thumb.png.6f568f4e973856f1b1a6e9a59e7b9b13.png

And that is only the tip of the iceberg. There are many more players that get barely any playtime including Bynoe-Gittens (3 games in 2 seasons), Güler (1 game), Hall (3 games), Chukwuemeka (3 games), Barcola (1 game). Some players played for one season and where dropped a year later. Palmer made 15 games in 23/24 and 3 in 24/25, Matar Sarr 15 and 2, Garnacho 23 and 6. A very strange case is Udogie who made 27 league appearances in 23/24 and was loaned to a Championship team in 24/25.

I hope this will get fixed for the final version.

Manager movements seem to be a little crazy. Pep got sacked and that started some massive manager movements. Pochettino resigned and went to City, Inzaghi than resigned and went to Chelsea, that made Klopp resign at Liverpool and he went to Inter, than Enrique went to Liverpool, Tuchel to PSG and Rose to Bayern.

And yet Dortmund wants 90+M for Moukoko...

19 hours ago, kiingallen said:

Disappointing that in press conferences/pre-match interviews the journalist knows that a player role has changed before a game.
The journalist (potentially AI managers?) essentially knows every tweak you’ve made to your tactic and even tell you when you’ve changed a player role before they’ve even kicked off.

E.g. “can you tell me why x player appears to have been asked to play a different role in today’s game?” (Before the game).

then I have to pretend like I haven’t changed anything… 

This kills immersion instantly. 

Yes, this needs rectifying instantly. 

3 minutes ago, daveh83 said:

Anyone noticing a prob with keepers??? No matter what the keeper he’s prone to letting in 3/5 shots and getting 6.0s all time. Is this a known issue. 

Is it happening to every keeper in your league, or just your team?

I tried the same. The inverted wingback or full back seems okay to me, but I can't get a libero working properly, so reverted to ball-playing defender in a back 5 (5-2-3).

I have a libero and IFB working really well for me in a 4-2-3-1 with an anchorman and DLP in the defensive mid area.

It turns into a 2-3-5 in attack with the libero occasionally stepping up into the AmC area and taking shots or trying through balls.

Worked really well for me so far.

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Is it happening to every keeper in your league, or just your team?

I haven’t been looking around the league am asking here is anyone been experiencing this prob. Av had with many diff keepers even a world class one 

1 minute ago, daveh83 said:

I haven’t been looking around the league am asking here is anyone been experiencing this prob. Av had with many diff keepers even a world class one 

I had one injury to my keeper in two seasons he was out for 3 weeks I think with strained wrist ligaments.

Outfield players however I don't think I've ever had a fully fit squad had about 9 injuries at one point.

Just now, kiwityke1983 said:

I had one injury to my keeper in two seasons he was out for 3 weeks I think with strained wrist ligaments.

Outfield players however I don't think I've ever had a fully fit squad had about 9 injuries at one point.

Who mentioned injuries ??? Talking about performance 

12 minutes ago, daveh83 said:

Anyone noticing a prob with keepers??? No matter what the keeper he’s prone to letting in 3/5 shots and getting 6.0s all time. Is this a known issue. 

I've not had that issue, My GK only concedes a goal per game