FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointing that in press conferences/pre-match interviews the journalist knows that a player role has changed before a game.
The journalist (potentially AI managers?) essentially knows every tweak you’ve made to your tactic and even tell you when you’ve changed a player role before they’ve even kicked off.

E.g. “can you tell me why x player appears to have been asked to play a different role in today’s game?” (Before the game).

then I have to pretend like I haven’t changed anything… 

This kills immersion instantly. 

46 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

They should prioritize the accuracy of the match engine over appearance and fix it properly. Finishing doesn't have anything to do with what I pointed out.

Oh you are one of those stat obsessed people who want a match engine that just creates life like stats rather than looks like football.

Personally I'd rather have an ME that actually resembles football as I'm not playing Statman Manager 24, I'm playing football manager 24...

3 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Oh you are one of those stat obsessed people who want a match engine that just creates life like stats rather than looks like football.

Personally I'd rather have an ME that actually resembles football as I'm not playing Statman Manager 24, I'm playing football manager 24...

Ok. That adds nothing to the conversation. I have no interest in getting into tribalism debates.

Edited by Mars_Blackmon

Just now, Mars_Blackmon said:

Ok. That adds nothing to the conversation.

Yes it does it adds I'd rather have a ME that plays like and looks like a game of football than one that is frustrating to watch as it is artificially trying to recreate real life stats.

But hey let's just respect other people's opinions...

Frankly , if i had access to the editor.. to remove the 4-4-2 from all the AI managers profiles with a formation that has a DM... The game would be a 9 out of 10.. Right now it really bugs me to see all those high results, mostly connected to 4-4-2

2 hours ago, Zoolok42 said:

I skipped the last year's edition, as the one before (FM 22) didn't give me all that much fun as it used to, so I thought to give FM24 a shot, and after three hours, it's the same game as FM22 - Infinite clicks to do infinite chores in convoluted menus that look like Windows 95. Being a football manager is boring, if it is to be judged by this game, although I can also accept that, in my middle-age part of life, I am no longer the target audience. It's just so boring and repetitive to "play" this chore of a game, and it's not simple enough to pick it up for 20 minutes and then do something else, you really have to invest yourself and your time into infinite menus to get to the match, that you skip most of in the end, anyway. I guess this isn't for me any more, which is something I never thought I would say, since my first one was CM3.

Bonus points for manager having face paint, I am sure that was the bit that was separating FM from greatness :D

FM Console or Touch mate - it rekindled the love for me and is essentially the heart of FM without all of the bloat and rubbish of todays game.

I’m sure FM24 is great, but I like to actually have a life also!

22 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Yes it does it adds I'd rather have a ME that plays like and looks like a game of football than one that is frustrating to watch as it is artificially trying to recreate real life stats.

But hey let's just respect other people's opinions...

As I mentioned earlier, I do not have an interest in debates that pit one group against another. I suggest that you follow your own advice about respecting the opinions of others.

I have been playing the game for 10 + years but over recent years I am becoming more and more disillusioned with the game and judging by the time I have spend on the FM24 Beta this one appears to be the same. 
what is the point of having a game based on realism and tactical nouse when the game appears to have already decided what will happen in any given match regardless of tactics, team selection etc… it is making it so obvious now that it’s actually embarrassing and really makes you ask the question of what is the point of the game if tactics, team selection etc have no bearing on the match, You can see it as the game is going on, you can predict what will happen and it is becoming easier and easier to predict because the game already knows what is going to happen regardless of what the player does…. I really don’t see the point of a game that works like this and it’s so disappointing because I really used to love this game. 

2 hours ago, Novem9 said:

Not sure what exactly you showed here. It's still broken:

image.png.3b7aebaccc2802410c90dc7d396a778c.png

image.png.852776108dd291f4e90fca1d8547fc50.png

Considering that this bug is already 4 years old, it's just a shame

I showed the exact thing I quoted. Not the June transfers in the previous season, the other question about seasons resetting when leaving and returning. If you are going to correct me, please make sure you read the question correctly.

4 minutes ago, Pasonen said:

I'm sorry have to link this here too. Fulham lost 8-0 and didn't make a single sub ;D AI vs AI game. Die!! :D

image.thumb.png.17fd5e0f9450e8e610b1e42ae38f3704.png

After loading my level 10 save from FM23, I noticed that teams rarely substitute players. When they do, it's usually only one player at the very end of the game.

Just now, Mars_Blackmon said:

After loading my level 10 save from FM23, I noticed that teams rarely substitute players. When they do, it's usually only one player at the very end of the game.

Okay. Thats not good.. It could have big impact on development and happines?

16 minutes ago, Pasonen said:

Okay. Thats not good.. It could have big impact on development and happines?

Yes, I think there is a trickle-down effect. The lack of substitutes might also impact goals as players may have poor conditioning late in the game and going into the next game. I also believe that people initially claimed that AI transfers were still broken because newly signed players were not playing any games. That's obviously true if teams aren't using subs. Although the problem seems more apparent with leagues running full detailed sims.

Edited by Mars_Blackmon

16 minutes ago, Pasonen said:

I'm sorry have to link this here too. Fulham lost 8-0 and didn't make a single sub ;D AI vs AI game. Die!! :D

image.thumb.png.17fd5e0f9450e8e610b1e42ae38f3704.png

When I get battered like that I usually also don't change anything, just tab out and browse the net until the match is over. Very realistic.

37 минут назад, XaW сказал:

I showed the exact thing I quoted. Not the June transfers in the previous season, the other question about seasons resetting when leaving and returning. If you are going to correct me, please make sure you read the question correctly.

omg this is literally what asked for

image.png.f725fc641b39c272ccfabf639bb69ad9.png

This is transfer of NEW season, which added as transfer of PREV season

Edited by Novem9

2 hours ago, bezarkane said:

- Some player targets are way too risky in my opinion, I fulfil my promise regardless of the outcome so that the players doesn't get angry at me. Average rating of 7 is too low for me as a manager and 7.5 is too high for most players in most leagues. We should be able to increment by .25

You can get figures between 7 and 7.5, i have someone needing to reach 7.3

1 hour ago, Andy_Red said:

what is the point of having a game based on realism and tactical nouse when the game appears to have already decided what will happen in any given match regardless of tactics, team selection etc… it is making it so obvious now that it’s actually embarrassing and really makes you ask the question of what is the point of the game if tactics, team selection etc have no bearing on the match,

Sorry, but that is absolute nonsense, no offence. 

1 minute ago, robinthebest said:

am i the only one who is dominating the game by possession by less than almost 10 shots almost every game?

No happens to me too! I am in europa last 16 second season with hibs yet now 44 league games without a clean sheet 😂

8 minutes ago, TheJofSpades said:

Not sure if it's been posted already, but praising multiple players training is really bad this year. FM23 could highlight multiple in 'Individual' part of Training, and praise from that screen. Needs to be brought back

Players don't react well to being criticised either. Have a player who is consistently training bad and whenever I criticise him, he argues with me. So annoying.

32 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

That was the first part. I ONLY quoted the last line about going back and forth through the pages and it not changing years. It feels quite clear to me? :idiot:

Hi guys, I have a question. Why is no one talking about the woodwork’s hits not being listed correctly in match stats?

It was a problem that existed in FM23 and the match team said the numbers they see internally are normal. If there is a problem reporting all shots hitting the woodwork then that explains the problem.

I see 1-3 shots hitting the woodwork in almost every match which I don't think looks like what happens in real life.

Here is my bug report

1 hour ago, Novem9 said:

I wouldn't call that a bug.

Seasons in FM switchover at a specific date, usually around 20th June. If that is after the transfer window has opened then any transfers before 20th June will be seen by the game as the season before most of the window.

It's not broken. It is just how the game works.

"Fixing it" would require changing a system that has been present in FM for some time, the season changeover date.

It doesn't break the game, just looks a bit off when you view your transfers.

If this is the biggest problem with FM for some people, then SI have nothing to worry about. :D

At the end of the day it has to be understood that FM is a game, not the real world.

Is this a new feature?

image.png.378af01fad49ee6f4e390bcdb3cbadbd.png

Kevin Dawson is my player. He doesn't have any coaching duties, nor coaching attributes.

I've never seen a player do coaching badges before. I've seen them retire and then get coaching attributes, as has been in the game for some time.

If this is new then I really like it. I hope to see a system whereby your players fit into your backroom team in some way after they retire.

26 minutes ago, anagain said:

Seasons in FM switchover at a specific date, usually around 20th June. If that is after the transfer window has opened then any transfers before 20th June will be seen by the game as the season before most of the window.

"Fixing it" would require changing a system that has been present in FM for some time, the season changeover date.

If this is the biggest problem with FM for some people, then SI have nothing to worry about. :D

At the end of the day it has to be understood that FM is a game, not the real world.

Lol you're just making things up - this is definitely a bug and it has been for a few editions, it's not a feature.

I called it on the bug tracker a while ago and SI said that it's a known bug. 

It's not game breaking but it's very annoying. You could make your first signing of the 2024/2025 season and you'll get a message saying you hit the biggest transfer expenditure record in your club's history as it's registered towards the 2023/2024 season.

I'm not trying to spam the forum, honest. Just noticing things atm.

I'm noticing a discrepancy in the text and I think it's confusing. It is to do with interaction with players.

If I right click a player and open their Interaction menu I get the option to "Speak About" that player.

image.png.0dcc53ae11a5fe10284de6d89f5d9e4c.png

If I go to the player's profile it's "Discuss".

image.png.34247584d5c8a6a37d8136ed4b646ddc.png

I just loaded up FM23 and it was the same. Is there something I'm not understanding here? When you "Speak About" are you talking to others too, and when you "Discuss", just the player?

If it's the same then the wording should really be the same.

Does it make sense that in "Your World" Sassuolo and Atalanta have very big negative transfer budgets? This transfer activity doesn't exactly scream "spent too much, so they are 63 mio in the red"? Screenshot2023-10-25212659.thumb.png.ecd8f083c5e4cd87089ceb98ceda70f6.png

In "Original" it is a 15 mio transfer budget with barely different transfers (51 spend, 91 received).

In "Real World" it is also a 15 mio Budget. 

Edited by Marinho

2 minutes ago, Mitza said:

Lol you're just making things up - this is definitely a bug and it has been for a few editions, it's not a feature.

I called it on the bug tracker a while ago and SI said that it's a known bug. 

It's not game breaking but it's very annoying. You could make your first signing of the 2024/2025 season and you'll get a message saying you hit the biggest transfer expenditure record in your club's history as it's registered towards the 2023/2024 season.

If you could direct me to them saying it is a bug then I'll accept your correction. I can only go on what I've seen, and my experience.

I've never, in 20+ years of playing FM, seen this referred to as a bug. This is the first time I have seen it talked about.

Maybe it is just that they'd rather it was different, but because of the switchover date it's not a simple thing to change.

32 minutes ago, anagain said:

Is this a new feature?

image.png.378af01fad49ee6f4e390bcdb3cbadbd.png

Kevin Dawson is my player. He doesn't have any coaching duties, nor coaching attributes.

I've never seen a player do coaching badges before. I've seen them retire and then get coaching attributes, as has been in the game for some time.

If this is new then I really like it. I hope to see a system whereby your players fit into your backroom team in some way after they retire.

No, that's not new.

41 минуту назад, anagain сказал:

It worked fine until fm21

19 minutes ago, anagain said:

If you could direct me to them saying it is a bug then I'll accept your correction. I can only go on what I've seen, and my experience.

I've never, in 20+ years of playing FM, seen this referred to as a bug. This is the first time I have seen it talked about.

Maybe it is just that they'd rather it was different, but because of the switchover date it's not a simple thing to change.

Edited by Mitza

Has anyone tried simming far into the future yet? Curious to see how the regens are developing. Feels like the last few football manager games they slowed down the regen progression. 

Edited by Staco

4 hours ago, kiingallen said:

Disappointing that in press conferences/pre-match interviews the journalist knows that a player role has changed before a game.
The journalist (potentially AI managers?) essentially knows every tweak you’ve made to your tactic and even tell you when you’ve changed a player role before they’ve even kicked off.

E.g. “can you tell me why x player appears to have been asked to play a different role in today’s game?” (Before the game).

then I have to pretend like I haven’t changed anything… 

This kills immersion instantly. 

Ehh I dont think this quite works like that. I get asked that question often when I havnt changed nobodys role. 

12 minutes ago, Mitza said:

Fair enough. Big enough to hold my hands up and say I was wrong.

Can only go on what I've seen, but not just me saying it still does seem to be regarding league switchover date, so I was at least speculating the same as other people.

Thinking back, it has happened to me, but I never considered it a bug. Just, like I say, to do with switchover date.

Oh yeah almost forgot...

38 so far mid February! Each of my starting 11 was out for at least 2-3 weeks, not even mentioning GK mass injuries others reported as well. Super unrealistic.

Latest one is cruciate ligaments on my best player - which is a save breaker... No reason to continue powering through a flawed beta ME.

image.thumb.png.aa0dac3e1dc7a936e7ec3db733a4e90b.png

Edited by TIR669

4 hours ago, Hibs1875 said:

That’s me gone ten months without a clean sheet in league 😂 never seen the likes of this having played every edition of game 

Feels like my opposition score with about 85% of their shots on target, regardless of where they are hit from. Meanwhile my team hit the woodwork 4 times a match.