FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

• SI Staff
55 minutes ago, Heisen6er9 said:

I agree, there is a huge lack of shadows for both players and the environment in the match engine at daytime right now, they're barely visible in my experience. And for me every daytime game looks the same as well, except for one pre-season game which had a sunset-like color grading. Also, at the start of every match the lighting looks a bit more vibrant for me for a second but then changes to what every daytime match looks like. I suppose this has to be some kind of bug because we have already seen footage with better shadows, really hope this is going to get fixed.

Please can you create a post in our Match section so we can investigate. We will need a save and REC file with an example at the ready, thank you.

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2024-early-access-bugs-tracker/match-art-animation-and-sound/

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Zachary Whyte:

Please can you create a post in our Match section so we can investigate. We will need a save and REC file with an example at the ready, thank you.

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2024-early-access-bugs-tracker/match-art-animation-and-sound/

I've already created one in the Crash, Technical and Performance Issues section as I was not sure where to post it, does that work?

Edit: I've created a new post in the Match section, I couldn't find any REC file like in your tutorial video, there's only match recording file in my folder.

Edited by Heisen6er9

More wonky interactions

Still playing my FM23 journeyman save, but now ported to FM24

Took over Marseille and within a week, had an Argentinian player approach me saying he's unable to settle here and wants to go back to Argentina. 

He's been at the club 13 years. :lol:

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

More wonky interactions

Took over Marseille and within a week, had an Argentinian player approach me saying he's unable to settle here and wants to go back to Argentina. 

I've given up on my initial save as the interactions and squad depth "issues" annoyed me so much.

They are 100% worse than last year but at least last year you could mitigate their awfulness by avoiding talking to people or making promises.

This year just random full squad meltdowns fire for seemingly no reason at all.

1 minute ago, kiwityke1983 said:

I've given up on my initial save as the interactions and squad depth "issues" annoyed me so much.

They are 100% worse than last year but at least last year you could mitigate their awfulness by avoiding talking to people or making promises.

This year just random full squad meltdowns fire for seemingly no reason at all.

Worst part is, I was advised to hold a team meeting to sort it out as the players went nuts that I wouldn't let an important player, who is 33 and has been at the club over a decade go back home. In the team meeting, I reluctantly backed down (as I'm just in the door, so didn't want to rock the boat further), and the players were still furious with me. I mean, I know it's France, so this is probably realistic (:lol:) but I do think it might just be a tad extreme this year. Kid gloves needed with players at all times it seems. 

3 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Worst part is, I was advised to hold a team meeting to sort it out as the players went nuts that I wouldn't let an important player, who is 33 and has been at the club over a decade go back home. In the team meeting, I reluctantly backed down (as I'm just in the door, so didn't want to rock the boat further), and the players were still furious with me. I mean, I know it's France, so this is probably realistic (:lol:) but I do think it might just be a tad extreme this year. Kid gloves needed with players at all times it seems. 

To say it was a headline feature that they'd fixed them it's incredibly disappointing as genuinely they are ruining my enjoyment of the game.

On 20/10/2023 at 18:32, Dagenham_Dave said:

Well done SI, you've somehow managed to make interactions worse this year, despite their improvement being one of the headline features. 

Got my whole squad moaning that we don't have enough depth in goal (I have 3 keepers), and even when I sign two more on deadline day, one of which is almost as good as the first choice (can you see the future problems?) and they're still not happy. 

I'm not sure if this is a side issue of me carrying over an FM23 save onto this one, but I can't imagine that should be the case. 

I also brought my FM23 save over to FM24 and only saw this 'players unhappy about lack of depth' message when I switch to playing 3 players in the ST strata, and to be fair they were right, I had no additional cover in one of these 3 forwards picked up an injury.

Not seen this same message regarding keepers though, and I only have 2 fairly equal first team squad keepers and 1 very promising 16 year old.

• SI Staff
55 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

More wonky interactions

If you have an earlier save file from before that interaction this would be good to investigate, please can you make a post on our Bug Tracker. 

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2024-early-access-bugs-tracker/press-conferences-club-vision-player-interaction-and-staff/

On 22/10/2023 at 10:07, Viking said:

End of first season with a middle of the table Championship team, and so far five players thinks they deserve a big wage rise. I have transfer listed them all.

Can't see anything wrong with this.

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

More wonky interactions

Well it could be true. You don't know what's going on in the man's personal life. He could have been approaching the previous manager with the same problem. He could be going through one hell of a toxic relationship or marriage. 

I'm sorry if this has been brought up already, but in my Arsenal save, a lot of players seem to suffer from constant tiredness. I rest them for a week, they play 1 match and instantly go back to "need a rest". As I tend to not play them then, this has cost me a lot of points. 

7 minutes ago, lpcinder said:

I'm sorry if this has been brought up already, but in my Arsenal save, a lot of players seem to suffer from constant tiredness. I rest them for a week, they play 1 match and instantly go back to "need a rest". As I tend to not play them then, this has cost me a lot of points. 

I think that's ridiculous. Players should be dying to get out there every week. This player entitlement has existed in the game for years and it is quite off putting. "I'm playing too much, I need a rest" absolutely ridiculous. 

Player interactions are wild. Currently managing Aberdeen and Mr Shinnie and 10 other first team players barge through my door  with outrageous requests. "We need better quality in Midfield" you don't say!! £250.000 transfer budget and little to know room wage budget. Graeme take you and your little cronies to your nearest newsagents and buy yourselves a Euromillions ticket, because you've more chance winning that then us bringing in a "QUALITY MIDFIELDER" with these initial budgets! Now on your way you little bast**d. Yeah FM24 is really good loving it so far... 

Long-standing issue: Please SI fix this process. This has been an issue for years; it's time to sort this out.

Squad screen layout

Default squad selection view.

image.thumb.png.1b7c1985e16447a35c7a5abd39e1fccb.png

If you now pull the position column closer to the name, you get this - 

image.thumb.png.6b29f7f46c2e550912216113e8712d63.png

Please, SI, can you fix this? Have an edit mode button that shows all the gridlines clearly so that moving columns around is easy. 

Add a button to expand the INF. This will show all the tiles to the right (sliding the columns over).

Why do this?

All the players go on holiday. Or are at INT in the close season, so it is impossible to know at a glance if a player is wanted, unhappy, etc, which is a bit nuts in the close season!

Please support this. Happy Gaming :)

I am using an FM23 imported save.

The calendar 

image.thumb.png.59e2bcb5c19aa087d01ceafeb4bf69e0.png

Multiplayer online games

On this screen, please add the games of other players in an online game. It would be very useful to see when and what the fixtures are coming up.

Single-player games

Add the ability to see fixtures of the teams around you in the league or up to 3 (seems like a doable number) selected teams.

Cup games

Add league and league position.

Please support. Happy Gaming :)

NB playing on FM23 imported save.

1 hour ago, SynergyIso7 said:

Well it could be true. You don't know what's going on in the man's personal life. He could have been approaching the previous manager with the same problem. He could be going through one hell of a toxic relationship or marriage. 

Dude, none of that is coded into the game for real life players due to licencing issues. Anyway, he gave the clear reason as being 'unable to settle in the country'. 

I know half the stuff people complain about on here is complete madness, but my own experience of the game this year (and hearing from several others) is that interactions are, at best, more severe this year. Which is fine, had they not announced that this stuff was now working better with more contextual conversations. I'm yet to see an example of this in practice. 

2 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Ha, just had a player score a 'panenka' penalty against me. Never seen that before in all the years of playing FM. Far more pleasing than the disappointment of losing a goal! 

One of my players tried it and went straight into the keepers arms, he was pulled straight off and left out of the next matchday squad :lol:

42 minutes ago, Coalescence2121 said:

After playing for a good amount of time now, i can say that i haven't seen much improvement in AI rotation and development of youngsters. Considering SI again made a point to say it was improved, this is very disappointing that it's mostly the same old again. 

What is a 'good amount of time'? 12 matches like someone else said? The AI won't drop real life players for inferior newgens at the start of the game. You won't see any real difference until you are around 8-10 seasons into the game, where the current crop of top players hit their 30s. That's where the improvements to squad building have supposedly been improved, not how AI teams pick their first XI in the first season. 

Edited by Dagenham_Dave

1 hour ago, Mark.Alexander said:

The calendar 

image.thumb.png.59e2bcb5c19aa087d01ceafeb4bf69e0.png

Multiplayer online games

On this screen, please add the games of other players in an online game. It would be very useful to see when and what the fixtures are coming up.

Single-player games

Add the ability to see fixtures of the teams around you in the league or up to 3 (seems like a doable number) selected teams.

Cup games

Add league and league position.

Please support. Happy Gaming :)

NB playing on FM23 imported save.

https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/353-football-manager-feature-requests-pcmac/
Post all your ui/ux suggestions here, maybe they'll feature in FM25, cause ain't nothing new happening in FM24 now.

3 minutes ago, diLLa88 said:

Don't agree. The AI should be able to consider using hot prospects for easier home games, sub them in when ahead or change things up whenever they are down (like real life managers would do).

Last season I saw countless times where the AI would field a fringe squad for an earlier round in the (for example) League Cup. 

In my journeyman save last season, my Hibs team played Celtic on the last day of the season, we had already won the league and Celtic fielded a team of almost exclusively young or fringe players for that last game. 

it's undoubtedly true that squad building has been an issue - and my own theory is not the quality of newgens coming through or getting chances, but the over inflated quality of real life players at the start of a save which prevents newgens from having a chance early in the game. The best solution to this would be to drastically decrease the quality of real life players, but people would have meltdowns over this. 

I almost guarantee if you were to holiday your save and start managing in the year 2040, the gameworld would be a lot more balanced, with squads being built properly because there's no real life players getting in the way. 

And that's the biggest challenge SI have with this. 

Just starting up, but so far so good. Seems clean, runs very quickly and smooth. The last few games ran Ok on my machine but there was always a little hitch in the 3d game not a huge deal but got a little annoying and no one could figure it out, but so far the game runs smooth and no hitch, so I am very pleased. I will jump into other aspects to see how they run but overall Im very glad this is running the way it is. Cannot wait till the full game is released and I can start a game fully.

Great work SI

Trevor L.

Edited by Trevor L.

8 hours ago, Aoyao said:

Amazing PRESS and PASSING

Any tips?

What's exactly means in the PI when I set TI.

press.thumb.gif.8d98bf82ac89c6a85cacdd2fc140f61b.gif

passing.thumb.gif.ce6da1f08036124bc4dc06f52c1b9b35.gif

Don't wait for an answer bro. No one(including SI Staff) know what exactly those instructions do if you add a TI and then increased/decreased it on PI.

Edited by dzek

Started the game as always with the transfer window closed.

Usually mid December you get told the budget to spend on January transfer window.

I'm now in January and still have 0 budget. Is it just a case of Arsenal having no budget?

32 minutes ago, diLLa88 said:

Don't agree. The AI should be able to consider using hot prospects for easier home games, sub them in when ahead or change things up whenever they are down (like real life managers would do). This does not happen enough, so all the amazing prospects do not get enough game time which hamper their development, which has an effect on the overall future landscape of players, international team selection, etc.

Clubs buy up hot prospects and refuse to use them, which is game breaking for me personally, as I enjoy dynamic game worlds. Where is the new regen/wonderkid Messi, Mbappe or Haaland who already has 100 games under his belt at a top team/competition and is 180 CA by the age of 20? This will never happen now, because these players don't get their chance to play.

Clubs are allowed to use 5 subs in most competitions, but often only use 1 or 2, even when they are ahead with 5-0 at half time or down 2-0 in the 60th minute. Fatigued players are kept on the pitch even though decent alternatives are held on the bench.

I couldn't care less now if competing teams buy up hot prospects, as they will not use them anyway while I should be afraid of them developing a monster team with these additions. It would create a far more challenging and fun game in the long term if they would actually use them.

I dont understand. How is this still a problem after so long. I was checking in after years again and it seems like every year its still the same problem. I understand it might not be hard to solve, but I have no hope by now. 

4 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Any type of player or press interaction is just tedious and a waste of time, especially when the outcomes are so nonsensical.

The addition was made to add to the immersion but it's so broken and repetitive that is actually detracts from it.

It's the worst addition SI ever made I feel. I wish they would give the option to remove it. I know ass man can cover some things, but I would like it gone completely 

I am just wondering if anyone has been able to get FM23 saves to work in the beta... Every save that I have tired to do either one i had in fm23 or if i go to start a save in FM23 save it and then import it into FM24 it has always crashed... what am I doing wrong or is it happen to everyone else?

1 minute ago, Double0Seven said:

I dont understand. How is this still a problem after so long. I was checking in after years again and it seems like every year its still the same problem. I understand it might not be hard to solve, but I have no hope by now. 

For me, its due to the outdated CA and PA system. The AI is driven by CA only when it comes to playing time. (PA is only used for reputation and Transfers) I feel CA needs to be reworked so it's within a certain bracket.

Eg currently a player with 190 PA who lets say has a CA of 110, will only ever play like a 110 CA player (with consistency playing a factor of course) so the AI will only see him as that.

What needs to happen is instead of having the current ceiling at 110, it needs to be within a bracket of something like 100 - 150 CA. The consistency attribute and a few others can determine what CA this player plays like on a match day, but the AI will now start recognising him as a 100 - 150 player, instead of a 110. So in theory, will then start getting more match time. Or alternatively take something like an average of the CA and PA combined 

Look at C.Ronaldo when he broke onto the scene at Sporting, his potential was always the same 195+, but his CA would naturally fluctuate so much. He would play like a 170 player one match and a 120 player another. This is understandable given his age and inexperience and the manger recognised that but saw the potential. The AI currently doesn't see the bigger picture.

6 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

I am just wondering if anyone has been able to get FM23 saves to work in the beta... Every save that I have tired to do either one i had in fm23 or if i go to start a save in FM23 save it and then import it into FM24 it has always crashed... what am I doing wrong or is it happen to everyone else?

What does the crash message say? Do you have enough free hard drive space? What version of windows are you running? 

1 hour ago, diLLa88 said:

Don't agree. The AI should be able to consider using hot prospects for easier home games, sub them in when ahead or change things up whenever they are down (like real life managers would do). This does not happen enough, so all the amazing prospects do not get enough game time which hamper their development, which has an effect on the overall future landscape of players, international team selection, etc.

Clubs buy up hot prospects and refuse to use them, which is game breaking for me personally, as I enjoy dynamic game worlds. Where is the new regen/wonderkid Messi, Mbappe or Haaland who already has 100 games under his belt at a top team/competition and is 180 CA by the age of 20? This will never happen now, because these players don't get their chance to play.

Clubs are allowed to use 5 subs in most competitions, but often only use 1 or 2, even when they are ahead with 5-0 at half time or down 2-0 in the 60th minute. Fatigued players are kept on the pitch even though decent alternatives are held on the bench.

I couldn't care less now if competing teams buy up hot prospects, as they will not use them anyway while I should be afraid of them developing a monster team with these additions. It would create a far more challenging and fun game in the long term if they would actually use them.

FWIW  in FM23 the wonderkid players with high CA did still exist, however you will only see these players at smaller clubs. Barcelona, Man City youngsters developed much slower and the highest PA newgen in my current game has 170CA/190PA by age 20 playing for Mainz.

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I almost guarantee if you were to holiday your save and start managing in the year 2040, the gameworld would be a lot more balanced, with squads being built properly because there's no real life players getting in the way. 

And that's the biggest challenge SI have with this. 

I also think this is a factor. Real life players have high CA/Natural fitness, very few weaknesses and at least average personalities compared to Newgens, who have much more variability.

Edited by Dotsworthy

4 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

What does the crash message say? Do you have enough free hard drive space? What version of windows are you running? 

I am running windows 11, I have 208 gigs free... When it crashes the game just closes it doesnt come up with any error. I have tried both days

1) used a previous save where I have played 1-2 seasons in FM23 and I go to auto sim in fm24 just to see if it works fine... It crashes and closes fm24

2) I have started a brand new save in fm23 without doing anything just created a save. I then open the save in fm24 sim on holidays a few months and the same thing the game closes...

Players are pulling the trigger too soon and from too far out when the better option is either to progress the ball into the area or find an overlapping teammate. This pattern becomes noticeable when you've played a few seasons and tried out a range of systems.  

9 minutes ago, Dotsworthy said:

I also think this is a factor. Real life players have high CA/Natural fitness, very few weaknesses and at least average personalities compared to Newgens, who have much more variability.

Licencing issues don't allow SI to be more flexible with real life player personalities, etc. That's the issue. 

3 hours ago, SynergyIso7 said:

I think that's ridiculous. Players should be dying to get out there every week. This player entitlement has existed in the game for years and it is quite off putting. "I'm playing too much, I need a rest" absolutely ridiculous. 

One after the other player gets this. So annoying.

Just finished my first season as Leeds. Scored 147 goals in the league. Well and truly excessive. High scoring victories include 5-1 against Preston, 5-0 against Watford, 5-1 against Stoke, 7-0 against Coventry, 5-1 against Ipswich, 6-2 against Swansea and 6-2 against Southampton.

Hopefully it will be different in the Prem. Perhaps it’s all down to morale?

26 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

I am running windows 11, I have 208 gigs free... When it crashes the game just closes it doesnt come up with any error. I have tried both days

1) used a previous save where I have played 1-2 seasons in FM23 and I go to auto sim in fm24 just to see if it works fine... It crashes and closes fm24

2) I have started a brand new save in fm23 without doing anything just created a save. I then open the save in fm24 sim on holidays a few months and the same thing the game closes...

Do you have any skins or 'add-ons' with FM23? Have you tried a fresh install of FM23 and then transfer the save file? Seems a bit extra, but maybe the original FM23 is creating partly corrupted save games due to add-ons