FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Tikka Mezzala said:

That's just the way it is in Scotland, mate. 

Seriously though, why is this? Hardly any youngsters coming through in Scotland. Motherwell and Aberdeen really the only sides that seem to be bringing players through.

Happy with pretty much everything i've seen so far, but bring back the ability to fine players for poor performances.

That shouldn't be replaced by targets as they're not really the same thing.
Player interactions are still lacking in this area. If you criticise a player and he disagrees, the options you have are rubbish.

I know Saudi have crazy money. But I feel like they're a little too ridiculous.

They've given me (promoted Southampton) about £140m with sales of Jamal Lewis for £58m who was signed as a backup left back who made 24 appearances with 19 of them being from the bench. As much as Bednarek who wanted to leave and Tella for £30m.

1 hour ago, YUCON said:

I loaded my FM 23 save to FM 24 but could not add Japan to my leagues in add leagues. Is there anyway that this can be fixed so we can use Japan in our old saves?

I don't think so. The playable leagues are contained in the save, and neither Japan nor Gibraltar can be added because they didn't exist. It's the same reason why custom leagues from FM23 continue to work in the FM24 save, even if they weren't active in the save.

10 minutes ago, Persebaya said:

Hi @Kyle Brown, foreign player regulation in Indonesian League didnt match with the current regulation. Hope SI can fix it. Thanks.

You can post this in the bug tracker for the Indonesian League here: https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2024-early-access-bugs-tracker/competition-rules-and-schedule/indonesia-competition-specific-issues/

There's already a mention of this, I think, but check if it's the same issue.

Really enjoying the game so far, so many clear upgrades since I last had a proper go at an FM (2019). Still very annoying the woodwork being hit pretty much every single game, often multiple times though, I remember complaining about this years ago and it seems it's still happening...

+ Pros:

- Match engine is brilliant.

- Set piece improvements are excellent, mainly through the different roles and relative use of players in those roles.

- Improvements to training schedules great, e.g. match prep. Would be nice though to be able to set a fixed focused on match prep, e.g. if i always want us to focus on defending corners. Maybe like a "pin" option?

- Game just looks really good with the new enhanced skin.

- Cons:

- The game has so many small UI bugs and general 'information' inconsistencies. E.g. a player on promise having played 5 games (loan center) but status message shows 1 game, a player showing 5 star rating as complete forward under player instructions, however mouseover shows it as only 1 star rating. Corner taker still showing even though removed in the sub-screen etc.

- player interaction still broken. Players reacting offended over small things.

- Seems like too high injury rates. Players getting injured all the time.

- Im playing in Denmark, and the scouting done for danish teams is just not very good. Example previously provided by other user on decision making on FC Nordsjælland players. Also physical attributes of players in smaller leagues are not consistent. Seems like there is a general bias in attribute ratings preferring players in big leagues, which maybe makes sense on technical attributes, but not stuff like e.g. pace and determination.

Edited by molsen

Has anyone noticed that advanced midfielders who have a bright green dot in the centre mid slot show up as half a star in that position. Havertz, Emile Smith-Rowe and Vieira are all supposed to competent in that position and do well in the games but I'm being told they're being played out of position when they aren't. 

If it's a unique fault I'll report it.

Otherwise, best Beta ever by a country mile. 

Edited by Nonlondoner

Bit of a niche enquiry here from someone without the beta. If anyone could have a quick look for me I'd really appreciate it.

Has there been any improvements to the staff pages for youth squads? SI introduced a really neat coaching overview page for the first team squad that was never available for the youth squads. Is that in there now? Thanks in advance!

16 hours ago, Hibs1875 said:

First season at Hibernian and it’s far too easy to score 4 plus goals each game D99F80D6-654F-4BA7-B7AF-AD7267F8C28E.thumb.jpeg.84afe98cbd84da3fa6c50f63bc29e44c.jpeg

If its any worth AI managed Hibs are also skelping in the goals in my St Johnstone save. Used the "My World" database and (from memory) Hauge has 9 goals in 6 games.

Ive had both sides of interactions.

Team Leader (rightly) complains we've no CB depth and squad backs him. I promise reinforcements. I sign a LCB whos rated 3 star. Everyone is happy and the complaint is dropped.

On the other side i got knocked out the League Cup by Rangers and the squads in mutiny (20+ unhappy players) because we didnt reach the next stage, and theres zero way for me to explain it was because we played a much stronger side.

Not sure if this is a bug or a change but I'm noticing my Assistant Manager, who leads general training,  schedules more three-session days compared to FM23. In FM23 I think the only 3 session days where when you did Match Tactics in the morning, Match Practice in the Afternoon and Recovery in the Evening. In FM24 I'm seeing more of these full days, especially with Routines being trained in the evening. Any one else noticing this?

image.thumb.png.e4f7429eebf61c6e55fa62a955eb68f0.png

28 минут назад, tropicsafc сказал:

Bit of a niche enquiry here from someone without the beta. If anyone could have a quick look for me I'd really appreciate it.

Has there been any improvements to the staff pages for youth squads? SI introduced a really neat coaching overview page for the first team squad that was never available for the youth squads. Is that in there now? Thanks in advance!

This window or something else?

Спойлер

image.thumb.png.a90cd43dc21153abcec500971a761a77.png

Looks like it's just me who enjoys the interactions with players. It's a fact that those are nonsensical, silly, illogical and downright comedic yet still manage to make me chuckle. It wouldn't be a football manager game without such nonsensical conversations. 

After all, it's a game and should be played to have fun rather than to get stressed out over frivolous issues. 

Loving the overall play in the middle third and in transition. The obvious problem to me is in both boxes. First time shots hit with ferocious power into the top corners seem to be over-represented. This is to the detriment of low, cooler, slotted, chipped or glanced finishes.

Ball physics are also excellent; although the power that players are generating from headers (and shots with no back lift) is absurd at times. 

Alongside my own observations, I've also noticed a lot of goals crashing in off the bar on YouTuber videos.

Some balancing needed here.

I have a big question mark about defending set pieces but not fully delved into the new creator yet. 

Edited by rdbayly

6 minutes ago, glenjamin said:

This has to be rectified before full release. It's a major negative. Too many 'big' teams buying high potential youngsters only to be playing them in their U21 for a couple of seasons, occasionally opting to loan them out, and then for some reason often than not getting them to sign a new contract just to remain a bench player. Players rarely meeting their potential at big clubs. 

Have you just described Chelsea?

30 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

Loving the overall play in the middle third and in transition. The obvious problem to me is in both boxes. First time shots hit with ferocious power into the top corners seem to be over-represented. This is to the detriment of low, cooler, slotted, chipped or glanced finishes.

Ball physics are also excellent; although the power that players are generating from headers (and shots with no back lift) is absurd at times. 

Alongside my own observations, I've also noticed a lot of goals crashing in off the bar on YouTuber videos.

Some balancing needed here.

I have a big question mark about defending set pieces but not fully delved into the new creator yet. 

Yeah i think powered shots need to be toned down a little. Like they are shot from a missile launcer at times but the match engine has improved greatly this year. Well done si.

29 minutes ago, Cavanagh said:

Hi guys. I’ve simulated a few years in vacation mode. Setup was over 190k players and many many playable leagues from 28 nations. Squad building and transfers are certainly not perfect but definitely improved imo.

Here is some data:

Word Cup: 2026 winner FRA (vs GER), 2030 FRA (vs NOR)

Euro: 2024 FRA (vs NED), 2028 ENG (vs SPA), 2032 ENG (vs FRA)

National squad: 2032: Germany average age 26,64 y (7 newgens); England 27,62 y (8 newgens)

Winners:

Bundesliga: 2024-2032 Bayern

Premier League: 24 ManC, 25 ManC, 26 Liverpool, 27 ManC, 28 Liverpool, 29 Arsenal, 30 Arsenal, 31 Chelsea, 32 ManC

Championsleague: 24 ManU, 25 ManC, 26 Liverpool, 27 Barca, 28 PSG, 29 Real, 30 Barca, 31 ManC, 32 Real

Top Transfers:

2024: Kimmich (124 MEUR, Al-Ittihad), Osimhen (100 MEUR, Bayern)

2025: Coman (112 MEUR, Al-Hilal), Tchouameni (91 MEUR, Liverpool)

2026: Fati (230 MEUR, PSG), Bouanani (113 MEUR, Bayern)

2027: Trubin (134 MEUR, Real), Moscardo (126 MEUR, ManU)

2028: Osimhen (132 MEUR, Al-Ahli), Ferguson (124 MEUR, Liverpool)

2029: Simakan (91 MEUR, Al-Ahli), Diallo (89 MEUR, Liverpool)

2030: Belotti* (148 MEUR, ManU), Ibrahimovic* (131 MEUR, Bayern)

2031: Zanini* (294 MEUR, ManC), Drummen* (104 MEUR, ManU)

2032: Bielen* (282 MEUR, ManC), Kuol (122 MEUR, Inter)

*Newgens

What were the points totals of winners in the later seasons in the PL? 

32 minutes ago, Cavanagh said:

Hi guys. I’ve simulated a few years in vacation mode. Setup was over 190k players and many many playable leagues from 28 nations. Squad building and transfers are certainly not perfect but definitely improved imo.

Here is some data:

Word Cup: 2026 winner FRA (vs GER), 2030 FRA (vs NOR)

Euro: 2024 FRA (vs NED), 2028 ENG (vs SPA), 2032 ENG (vs FRA)

National squad: 2032: Germany average age 26,64 y (7 newgens); England 27,62 y (8 newgens)

Winners:

Bundesliga: 2024-2032 Bayern

Premier League: 24 ManC, 25 ManC, 26 Liverpool, 27 ManC, 28 Liverpool, 29 Arsenal, 30 Arsenal, 31 Chelsea, 32 ManC

Championsleague: 24 ManU, 25 ManC, 26 Liverpool, 27 Barca, 28 PSG, 29 Real, 30 Barca, 31 ManC, 32 Real

Top Transfers:

2024: Kimmich (124 MEUR, Al-Ittihad), Osimhen (100 MEUR, Bayern)

2025: Coman (112 MEUR, Al-Hilal), Tchouameni (91 MEUR, Liverpool)

2026: Fati (230 MEUR, PSG), Bouanani (113 MEUR, Bayern)

2027: Trubin (134 MEUR, Real), Moscardo (126 MEUR, ManU)

2028: Osimhen (132 MEUR, Al-Ahli), Ferguson (124 MEUR, Liverpool)

2029: Simakan (91 MEUR, Al-Ahli), Diallo (89 MEUR, Liverpool)

2030: Belotti* (148 MEUR, ManU), Ibrahimovic* (131 MEUR, Bayern)

2031: Zanini* (294 MEUR, ManC), Drummen* (104 MEUR, ManU)

2032: Bielen* (282 MEUR, ManC), Kuol (122 MEUR, Inter)

*Newgens

What level of detail was used in this simulation?

23 hours ago, Sunshinelufc said:

As a human player, mine is a lot higher than IRL. My team have scored 3 or more goals in 15 out of 22 Championship games so far. 4 of which have seen me score 5 or more goals;  5-1 against Preston, 5-0 against Watford, 5-1 against Stoke, 7-0 against Coventry. 

Now 20 out of 27 Championship games that my team have scored at least 3 goals, 5 of which my team have scored 5 or more goals. Whilst the match engine is nice to watch, I really hope the number of goals is resolved for the main release.

2 of my keepers are out with broken arms. It is good that keepers now get injured but I will need to keep an eye on it to see if it is excessive.

26 minutes ago, Sunshinelufc said:

Now 20 out of 27 Championship games that my team have scored at least 3 goals, 5 of which my team have scored 5 or more goals. Whilst the match engine is nice to watch, I really hope the number of goals is resolved for the main release.

2 of my keepers are out with broken arms. It is good that keepers now get injured but I will need to keep an eye on it to see if it is excessive.

Maybe it's just me or the fact that I'm playing a save from FM23 with the worst team in the league but I'm not seeing these high scoring games 

1 hour ago, colouroflife said:

Looks like it's just me who enjoys the interactions with players. It's a fact that those are nonsensical, silly, illogical and downright comedic yet still manage to make me chuckle. It wouldn't be a football manager game without such nonsensical conversations. 

After all, it's a game and should be played to have fun rather than to get stressed out over frivolous issues. 

It can be annoying when in poor form, desperately trying to turn around morale as thatll help, and you end up with a revolt based on a clear bug.

18 hours ago, Viking said:

But I have Squad selected under Team Screen landing page, and I still get the national team overview when clicking on a nationality.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug as I have the same issue (which I never had in previous games). It's pretty annoying so hope this is fixed.

17 minutes ago, DarJ said:

Maybe it's just me or the fact that I'm playing a save from FM23 with the worst team in the league but I'm not seeing these high scoring games 

Neither am I. I had one game where I beat Carlisle 8-1 at home but I've had far more struggle to a 1-0 win games than I care to remember.

13 hours ago, martplfc1 said:

I've been fooled by the hype. I can't see any noticeable difference to last year's game - I play 2D mode its just ping ping ping - as boring as last year's. Don't think the game's for me any more, already uninstalled.

The 2d match engine is unfortunately pretty bad, I have always like played 2d with 3d highlights, but I've had to go full 3d, however I can confirm the 3d engine is really really good

StJohnstone_Fixtures.png.dfa268c9bdb58bd42e69083a59a64d86.png

This has been my results so far.

High scoring games (3+ goals for one side) definitely feel a bit too common tbh. Im now 12 games in and all but 1 side are averaging over a goal a game, with 2 averaging over 2 and Celtic averaging over 3. Majority of the league over 1.5. In reality only 3 clubs are above 1.5 and only 1 are above 2.

I have been massively critical of the development of FM in recent years. I thought last years addition was extremely poor and basically a rerelease of 22. You can read my posts on this forum, it's pretty much just me moaning. I feel like they have wasted time and effort adding features nobody is ever going to use, adding clutter to the game whilst neglecting the core of the game. Which I see as a valid critique. I saw the features for this game and once again I was extremely underwhelmed and expected more of the same.

But... this game (so far) is significantly better than previous years & note, all the improvements come to stuff that was already in the game. The match engine is significantly better both in the way it plays and the visual look of it. You can actually see what players are good at and they have an individual quality that is visible, e.g. you can see when a player is a good dribbler, good passer, good tackler, etc etc. The game is extremely quick as well, processing is as fast as ever so bravo for that.

There is still a huge amount to fix that's actually in the game - the menus for example are truly a cluttered mess and haven't changed in 10 years, it needs to be addressed hopefully in the next addition and will truly give FM a new game feel, and if SI read this and want to take anything from my post it's that i'll be hugely appreciative if they add absolutely nothing new to the game, just make the stuff already in it better and fix stuff that's been broken for about a decade. This game is a huge step forward which is the first FM I have said that about for a good few years now.

Edited by nb9

12 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Had my first intermediary suggestion for a player to come to my club, which is nice, however, there seems to be a slight contradiction going on here....

So, which is it? Do they want rid of him or not want to sell him? 

image.png.44b489196f9dc884cb469c117afaf7ab.png

I do not think that it is a bug. Intermediary is saying the club wants to get rid of him and that is why he has approached you - DoF of Parma wants to sell. But agent thinks that the club does not want to sell which is not true. It is contradictory but agent is deluded.

38 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

StJohnstone_Fixtures.png.dfa268c9bdb58bd42e69083a59a64d86.png

This has been my results so far.

High scoring games (3+ goals for one side) definitely feel a bit too common tbh. Im now 12 games in and all but 1 side are averaging over a goal a game, with 2 averaging over 2 and Celtic averaging over 3. Majority of the league over 1.5. In reality only 3 clubs are above 1.5 and only 1 are above 2.

They also got the Stirling result the wrong way around from earlier in the season :lol:

9 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Here we have some of the GPG analysis over a 3 year sim. Please note it's a small sample size, and for references columns 23/24, 22/23, 21/22 for real life data this is then respectively matched against season 1, 2 and 3 respectively on the save. As you can see, the GPG difference is quite high in some countries and other leagues very near or even less. I was going into this expecting ALL to be higher than average.

image.png.aed4a18083f492dce951e2eacda9c041.png

image.png.0b1e128b8aa95b895a6ce9224bc87ee4.png

I also did an incredibly tiny test with the QME.

image.png

All leagues were ran on full detail, apart from of course L1 for the QME test.

Regarding this test, the fact that in some leagues like SPANISH LA LIGA 2 have a much higher gpg in FM than real life is because IRL in those league the teams are much more cautious than in FM.

Could be that the AI managers are set too use too attacking fromations for those leagues?

• SI Staff
17 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

I honestly don't understand how to solve some situations.

For example, defending shooting range FKs.

I'll have 3 players for the wall and two more for the wall if needed. Four players defending and one staying up front.

The FK will be at like 25-30m range, 4 of my players with defend duty are marking 4 attackers in the wall, but then on the other side of the wall there will be 3 more players, with only one of my "if needed" wall defenders marking them.

Also, ground passes to the edge of the box are absolutely broken. Can't adjust edge of area position and it's just shooting practice.

Don't get me wrong, it's beta and I think the overhauled system is great, but some fixes are needed.

Another issue is setting players in categories. For example aerial threats. I've got a young, tall striker, want to move him up on aerial threat list, but my list has only 19 players, despite the squad having 22 outfield players.

So he's stuck in the outside of area when he plays, because I can't move him up the list. Not on the list even when I start him.

Your categories should always have everybody who's currently in your first team squad - Definitely worth logging a bug for this and letting us know how that player was added to your first team squad (if you remember how).

Why is there such a vast difference in the size of player database at the start of a new load between FM23 and FM24? When I add the same nations and leagues at the start of FM24 the database has risen from 56430 in FM23 to 92000 in FM24. Its killed my game speed!

im now 1 day 9hrs in game time and:

I was excpecting AI to be more useful with their talent(s) wonderkids. For example Dortmund havent played moukoko not a single minute 1,5 season(s) if u want to loan him they ask ridic. 2,8m / 5,5m + 100% wages fee.... 

zaire in PSG2 similar story

Def. something going on with GK injurys while its nice they get injured sometimes it get(s) out of control. my first season was alright now 2nd season my main GK havent had single whole match... got injured at training at first for a week, then 1st game got injured at game for 5-6 weeks and once he got back injured on training agan for next 4-5 weeks lol.

Edited by rambo55