FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

4 minutes ago, SynergyIso7 said:

All this player power stuff doesn't happen in real life like it does in the game.

I think you'd be surprised. I support a lower league Scottish team and I've heard wild stories about player demands, playing time, bonuses etc. I can only imagine how much more of an issue that is at the bigger clubs. 

However, in real life, managers can use sensible replies that are sometimes not replicated in game. 

Edited by Dagenham_Dave

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, andu1 said:

The only issues i found so far with the ME are the high number of corners per game and the 4-4-2 formation which for Ai means too many goals conceded.

Maybe it would be best of the 4-4-2 used 2 DM's? Like its used IRL

In my current save only 3/12 clubs are using a 4-4-2 and it's the bottom teams who are. I've no idea what roles they are using though. 

Another year of this, just want to feedback, again. It's just bad UI/UX design this.

Also an actual issue, the "press conference atmosphere" bit in the middle, cannot be seen on a MacBook Pro with a notch.

Screenshot 2023-10-21 at 14.17.35.png

Edited by craiigman

19 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

In my current save only 3/12 clubs are using a 4-4-2 and it's the bottom teams who are. I've no idea what roles they are using though. 

You can see when you play against them.

Early days. I've only just started what may be a long term FM24 save, but I have seen something I really like.

I have started with Torquay - gonna stop the rot that has seen them flit between the NL and NLS - and I had the option to retain Gary Johnson as a Director of Football. That's a nice touch.

Maybe it was in a previous version of the game, but as I usually start unemployed I haven't seen it.

Just one issue with it. Gary Johnson has only just been born!

image.png.3a746ca8fba6074974320d7c4bd4c654.png

Edited by anagain

Looks great so far - nice work SI team!!  The general interface is cleaner/sharper, and like others have said, the colour palette is an improvement this year!  Some great new features also, particularly the intermediarys!

I'm biased here, but did the Arsenal researcher drink the kool-aid a little too much?  The team is yet to win, and had a great first 28 games last year and fell off a cliff.  I won't give any PAs away, but they are a little generous - I mean, is Havertz really better than when he was at Chelsea with a first touch of 20?  I can raise this in the data forums. 

2 hours ago, jayedson said:

I'm also having issues not being able to set more than 2 defenders back at all times. To me it's pretty important especially for free kicks in 'shooting range' - I used to always just keep at least 4 of my defenders back because if my taker is just going to shoot, I don't need my centre backs in the box.

If it's an easy save for the keeper and he starts a counter attack with a long throw (or even opposition just move it forward in possession), I'd rather not have my centre backs have to sprint back into position, wasting their stamina when they were never needed in the box in the first place.

For wide/deep free kicks, it's not as much of an issue as I want aerial threats in the box but there doesn't seem to be a way to adjust the defensive / offensive balance among the free kick categories.

It's a great system but just needs a few tweaks and some more flexibility / customisation.

Another couple of issues setting up set pieces where I can't recreate what I would have set up in previous versions:

I only have option for 'player mark' or 'go back' when defending free kicks?

If playing with a target man or a tall attacker who isn't the best at marking, I like to put them in the nearest zonal marking position to be the 'first man' the opposition ball needs to beat when defending, with other defenders being responsible for man marking or zonal marking in more crowded areas.

I can zonal mark when defending corners or throw-ins but not for free kicks for some reason.

Also, when defending deep free kicks I can't set anybody to 'edge of area'. Can do this for any other set piece though (including wide or direct free kicks). Would still be useful here I think, to have creative players on the edge of the area to pick up any loose balls.

So I’ve had the chance to put a couple of hours into the game and I am enjoying it.

I’ve only played a handful of preseason friendlies but the ME is glorious. Some of the little feints and turns, the little passages of play, goals on the transition. Lovely stuff.

Like the UI tweaks too. 

Just a shame the apple notch is still getting in the way at the top of the screen.

Is it intended that the player count on comparable setups (leagues, playbale/view only) is quite a bit higher than in FM23? 1st and 2nd division of England, Italy, France, Spain and Germany playable with most others view only and a large Database gives nearly twice as high a player count as in FM23. Italy to Serie B alone adds 20k players, which seems insane.

Edited by Marinho

Don't know if someone already asked this. Sorry if that's the case :)

Isn't it possible anymore to use another country as startdate? I want to play with Braga, and set Belgium as startdate so my preseason is longer. But when the save is loaded I only can choose a Belgium team.

7 minutes ago, Quickzz said:

Don't know if someone already asked this. Sorry if that's the case :)

Isn't it possible anymore to use another country as startdate? I want to play with Braga, and set Belgium as startdate so my preseason is longer. But when the save is loaded I only can choose a Belgium team.

It seems like it’s deliberate. What people have been doing is creating a placeholder manager, making them start the game unemployed, retiring them, then creating a new manager at the relevant team.

3 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

It seems like it’s deliberate. What people have been doing is creating a placeholder manager, making them start the game unemployed, retiring them, then creating a new manager at the relevant team.

Yeh, the reason is to exploit that initial transfer system.

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

dont understand why so many people come on here moaning about things being wrong in the beta as if its not the entire point.

You have an issue, report it in the bugs section so they can try and identify the root cause by having as many examples/save games as possible.

It's moaned about because it's been reported in previous years this is nothing new in FM. 

1 hour ago, krkyseventwo said:

I personally take out any required position/role for any loan deals in or out. Never had a problem. 

Same with promises when negotiating with a player. If they want a specific role, or coaches or to strengthen in a area - I remove it and the negotiation moves on fine.

It’s not as cut throat as people make out. 

I've never removed a role or "strengthen x position" and have a player demand it put back.

Not 100% sure what it's there for tbh.

1 hour ago, Phil930 said:

I'm biased here, but did the Arsenal researcher drink the kool-aid a little too much?  The team is yet to win, and had a great first 28 games last year and fell off a cliff.  I won't give any PAs away, but they are a little generous - I mean, is Havertz really better than when he was at Chelsea with a first touch of 20?  I can raise this in the data forums. 

Havertz first touch is 18 in my save. He's always been overrated in FM, though I think he's actually been nerfed a tad this year.

Arsenal players got a boost in the FM23 January update so yeah they're pretty strong now.

image.thumb.png.8b53fee04db2bb329ffa4a69ff29549f.pngI don't even know how to answer this question.. it was first game of the season vs a team that's equivalent to non-league vs premier league in the cup. What circumstances are they talking about, how can a result in the first game of the cup vs a semi professional team warrant this question

35 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

I've never removed a role or "strengthen x position" and have a player demand it put back.

Not 100% sure what it's there for tbh.

They never ask to put it back, thats 100%. But have u landed every signing ever or have u ever lost some guys to other teams? Maybe that “other” team did offer that condition. 

Real Madrid bought Mattia Zaccagni for 89m pounds, then proceed to transfer list him 2 months later for 30m pounds. AI team management changes seem a little wonky, but i don't have much of a sample size yet.

Edited by Xtal

3 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

It's an interesting and plausible theory. Do you think it's the visible attributes and PA that are lesser in regens, or is it more the hidden attributes. It would make sense if SI were 'shy' in dishing out bad attributes for the likes of professionalism, ambition and sportsmanship to real players, but not hold back on regens.

It's not a theory, it's fact. But, the issue is not stats, it's reputation. Real-life players have, for the most part, pretty decent to outright big reputation. Regens don't get the chances to catch up.
And since AI teams valued (maybe still do) player reputation to a ridiculous level, the imbalance in team management happens.

Edited by Xtal

45 minutes ago, jfmargolin said:

When you create a target for a player, there pops up this:

070cc201df663b68759644c33806cf70.png
https://gyazo.com/070cc201df663b68759644c33806cf70

What does it mean by: WILL GUARANTEE FUTURE.... What? where did I agree to that!! 🤔

I replied in the press saying that a player was still in my plans for the future and it turned into a promise that I have to give him a new contract in 30 days (he's currently contract will be over at the end of the season)

Not sure if this is a bug or not, so happy to be advised on this. 

At Brighton a "Culture" is too sign players under age of 22 for the future.

2.jpg.da09e5a8323be508f2ca39705010aec8.jpg

I've signed:

Jamal Gonzaga, Emmanuel van de Blaak and Benicio Baker-Boatiey (all young, under 22, and decent potential). The only thing is, they don't register against the culture objective because I've loaned them back to their clubs as part of the deal. 

3.thumb.jpg.073185c047d47d5e7bcde8c3ac24b400.jpg

1.thumb.png.c0c0188c84106f9ecf6a00e7f9acaf8a.png

4.thumb.jpg.715f454cc29c55b1ac45b2d29c63d34c.jpg

Do we think this is a bug that is worth registering or is just a quirk of the game ? thoughts and opinions welcome.

Cheers,

CLF

Edited by Cultured Left Foot

On 19/10/2023 at 17:56, kiwityke1983 said:

Absolutely loving the match engine so far the movement of players and the bounce of the ball is absolutely fantastic this year.

I never thought I'd say the bounce of a ball makes such a huge difference to how the matches feel.

Feels far more like real football.

Pretty sure we said the same last year..... then they updated it.

Very small touch, but i really love that we get an inbox message now for a new manager appointed in our league (at least I hope so, i got one in the first week of my FM23 imported save). Very nice QOL touch, i never used to be able to keep up with this

3 minutes ago, Crusho79bv said:

Injuries on top of injuries on top of injuries...what is going on?!? Plus all my goalkeepers are injured, third save and the same injury problem...

I've not had a goalkeeper injured yet. 

Plus, as usual, I have next to no injuries. I don't know what others do that leads them to get so many injuries. 

image.thumb.png.a4edb85a978f23f7ec791ddf78e50394.png

8 minutes ago, Crusho79bv said:

Injuries on top of injuries on top of injuries...what is going on?!? Plus all my goalkeepers are injured, third save and the same injury problem...

I've not had a goalkeeper injury yet and have not had long term injuries either 

1 hour ago, Xtal said:

It's not a theory, it's fact. But, the issue is not stats, it's reputation. Real-life players have, for the most part, pretty decent to outright big reputation. Regens don't get the chances to catch up.
And since AI teams valued (maybe still do) player reputation to a ridiculous level, the imbalance in team management happens.

Is there not a way they can increase the reputation of high potential players and young players with high current abilities? Let’s say there reputation starts low when they enter the game but day by day you see an increase depended on there potential? Well we don’t see an increase but the ai does?

8 minutes ago, pedromexico said:

Is there not a way they can increase the reputation of high potential players and young players with high current abilities? Let’s say there reputation starts low when they enter the game but day by day you see an increase depended on there potential? Well we don’t see an increase but the ai does?

The problem with that is that the growth of newgens is fairly balanced across the board. To increase that at the start of the game would lead to an imbalance with the future players coming through, and you're back to square one. It's the real life players who cause most of the issues. This must be a nightmare to try and get right. 

3 minutes ago, Viking said:

Unless I misunderstand something, you made it so clicking on a players nationality takes me to the nation overview page instead of the national senior squad like it was in all previous versions of the game. Why?

You can change this in preferences. It’s been this way for some time though. 

9 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

The problem with that is that the growth of newgens is fairly balanced across the board. To increase that at the start of the game would lead to an imbalance with the future players coming through, and you're back to square one. It's the real life players who cause most of the issues. This must be a nightmare to try and get right. 

Thanks for the lesson, I would try to counter that argument but having no background in coding etc I’d be teaching my grandmother to suck eggs 😉 big fan of the game, I hope you guys keep improving the AI because for me it’s the most important part. I know it’s not the same for other of course 👍

12 minutes ago, DP said:

You can change this in preferences. It’s been this way for some time though. 

Where? My brains are destroyed from 13 years of boxing, so I have no memory of if or how I did it in FM23. I've searched for "landing" in the preferences, but I can't find anything relevant.

Edited by Viking

I have problems with ball possession. My team dominated, but possession is 44-49% in some games. Similar tactic gave me ~59-70% (and even more) in FM22. 

image.png.a79f57e294af785d26444369797a98ba.png

Imo reason of this - a lot of passing in defensive half. It's better in compare of prev FMs, because AI tries to find way to attack by this type of passing now.

image.png.29198b5cf19afb5a82b9fe694972496a.png

The main problem is that if your club vision includes ball possession, you may fail. In addition, this type of possession for non-top level teams should be punished by a large number of defective passes.

But it's interesting to hear opinions of other members, maybe I need to rethink my tactic a little (there are no exploits in it, but still)

19 minutes ago, Viking said:

Where? My brains are destroyed from 13 years of boxing, so I have no memory of if or how I did it in FM23. I've searched for "landing" in the preferences, but I can't find anything relevant.

I presume it's the same in FM24 but In FM23 it's in Preferences > select advanced tab > select interface from the drop down box to the right hand side > scroll down to "team screen" section and the landing page selection option is there.

image.png.65620c50ed21d46b5edb84f708fab5d3.png