FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

20 minutes ago, rjferguson90 said:

In Japan there's some weird managers. 'Cameron Schofield' at Yokohama F Marinos - Australian, has Kevin Muscat's career history... is this an oversight or just because the same is in early access? Mihailo Petrovic at Consadole Sapporo has also been replaced by 'Stefan Rauter'.

Theres a thread in the data forum about this, due to licensing: https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2024-early-access-bugs-tracker/database-and-research/japan-data-issues/

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, _Rob said:

This is extremely concerning to hear. Mainly because this is not a "bug" it is an issue that has been around for years, compounded by SI saying AI would be smarter.

Why do SI say AI squad building is fixed if it's not?

Edited by SPE3D

This isn't really something new to this version but something that's really bugged me for a while...

When you loan a player, it's usually the case that you need to set a position/role in advance. Very often, this is negotiable and doesn't make much impact on the fee. For example, if I sign a player who is strong at left back and left wing back, the selling team will often be happy with either preferred position and role.

The thing that is silly is then months later if you tweak your tactic and your left wing back now has to play left back, it annoys the parent club to very often initiate a recall, even if practically they are playing the same role.

A team who are just barely making enough money to being full-time will take into some consideration the environment they are sending players to but ultimately when a struggling part-time Elgin side who can't fill the bench are signing a player on loan from Inverness on matchday, there isn't going to be a discussion on footballing philosophies and the expectation is that the experience is about giving a young guy a taste of senior football.

I understand that this is a thing in football to some degree and elite clubs will think about how their youngsters are exposed to tactics but I'd argue that the loan market is predominantly used more down the leagues. Even then, I think that sort of treatment is mostly restricted to the best of the best and players who are already ready to contribute in one of the big 5 leagues immediately.

I appreciate it's a nuanced issue and hard to implement but I do certainly think it should be more sophisticated. IMO it'd be a decent compromise if this feature was limited to clubs that actively employ loan managers or even just players who are internally assessed to be super high potential (i.e. making it at a major European league).

14 minutes ago, gadzhalov_77 said:

This isn't really something new to this version but something that's really bugged me for a while...

When you loan a player, it's usually the case that you need to set a position/role in advance. Very often, this is negotiable and doesn't make much impact on the fee. For example, if I sign a player who is strong at left back and left wing back, the selling team will often be happy with either preferred position and role.

The thing that is silly is then months later if you tweak your tactic and your left wing back now has to play left back, it annoys the parent club to very often initiate a recall, even if practically they are playing the same role.

A team who are just barely making enough money to being full-time will take into some consideration the environment they are sending players to but ultimately when a struggling part-time Elgin side who can't fill the bench are signing a player on loan from Inverness on matchday, there isn't going to be a discussion on footballing philosophies and the expectation is that the experience is about giving a young guy a taste of senior football.

I understand that this is a thing in football to some degree and elite clubs will think about how their youngsters are exposed to tactics but I'd argue that the loan market is predominantly used more down the leagues. Even then, I think that sort of treatment is mostly restricted to the best of the best and players who are already ready to contribute in one of the big 5 leagues immediately.

I appreciate it's a nuanced issue and hard to implement but I do certainly think it should be more sophisticated. IMO it'd be a decent compromise if this feature was limited to clubs that actively employ loan managers or even just players who are internally assessed to be super high potential (i.e. making it at a major European league).

This needs fixing. It’s way too strict. 

A couple of things /questions, that I hope someone can provide some clarification of?

There are a few things I'm really disappointed with but, but there is time to fix this I guess but the user friendliness and options of elements of the set piece creator is definitely worse at this moment. (maybe it's just not available in this current version?)

Firstly, there doesn't seem to be any option to leave 3 players back. When looking to close out a game teams are able to break on me and I don't have any option to at least have 3 back to defend them. This is a serious downgrade tactically and this option to have 3 at the back "full-time" MUST be included as an option. Are there any plans to allow this setup in the final version?

Secondly, when doing this, by not being able to associate set piece routines saveable to a tactic (or at least I think that's the case), it means I'm going to have to upload a time-wasting tactic version and the more defensive set piece routines every single time for every single game. When you have 50 games a so or year, this will become a chore to do.

WIll there be any way going forward that you can associate a set of set piece routines directly to your tactic, so you will only need to have the tactic uploaded to incorporate the set piece routine for that specific tactic?

I hope the above are things that are being considered / worked on, otherwise this is a real downgrade from the flexibility and options that were at least available on the previous creator. 

I'm also disappointed you cannot have several of your own manually set piece routines when it comes to throw ins - is this something also being worked on, or is this going to be absent from the final version too?

Thank you

Edited by g1nh0

People saying gegen press is overpowered are wrong. I've just played Celtic as RB Leipzig, using and training gegen press and Celtic battered us 3-1. Their 16 shots to our 4. Useless tactic. Changed it for the final preseason friendly at home to Athletico, we won 2-0.

As somebody who has criticised the game and SI for a number of years now, I am impressed. The match engine feels fantastic, more like real football. The changes to player roles are working excellently, especially the Libero role. Not used the IFB yet but seeing other positive reviews of that. More importantly, I think SI should be given props for their change in engagement attitude. I think the fan base has felt like we have been tossed a game and told to get on with it in recent years, but now there is clarity and lots of engagement which is fantastic to see. 

My only real issue so far after 10 or so hours of play is that interactions, with players and press, still seem as dull and broken as ever. I am fed up of answering 3 questions a week on why I am playing a player at MR when he is not able to play there according to his positions. Oh and my entire squad turned on me as I didn't strengthen at CB when I didnt have the faintest idea anybody was unhappy about it, and then signed 2 CB's when I did find out but this didn't fix anything.

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Wait...you're telling me that from the next season onwards, in new European competitions format, teams from the same country can play against each other in the league phase?

Because I just got both Juventus and Napoli as opponents while playing as Inter.

My memory when reading about the new format is that teams with 4 or more teams in the group stage could play 1 game against a team from the same nation. 2 sounds like it could be a bug, but I could easily be misremembering. 

18 minutes ago, g1nh0 said:

there doesn't seem to be any option to leave 3 players back

You can have 2 to stay back and one more to stay back if needed and depending on how many players the AI leave forward the 3rd player will stay back if there is a need for that

7 minutes ago, DeepThought said:

My memory when reading about the new format is that teams with 4 or more teams in the group stage could play 1 game against a team from the same nation. 2 sounds like it could be a bug, but I could easily be misremembering. 

Interesting, because it definitely didn't happen in FM23 and there's just 4 Serie A teams in league phase on my save.

Hopefully someone from the staff sees the post and clarifies if it's actually the new rule or just an oversight.

16 minutes ago, DarJ said:

You can have 2 to stay back and one more to stay back if needed and depending on how many players the AI leave forward the 3rd player will stay back if there is a need for that

Yes, I have seen that is available - "if needed" gives a lack of control with the numbers you do have back. I don't want my players to have any ambiguity with what they deem as acceptable as needing an extra man to go back for.

Hi. I am a hard-core fm 2018 fan that only played a little of the more recent fms up to this point. One thing I've noticed in match day is I don't see the goal updates or the ability to view the latest scores from the other games being played in the league at the same time.  Has the option to view these been removed? Also call me crazy but apart from the graphics I much prefer the fm 2018 match engine. The tactics overhaul is a positive thing but I dislike the fact that due to time consumption I now have to leave the general training to my assistant. I still do the individual training though. The game does feel bloated now. I think I'll go back to fm 2018 and hope that the revamp next year is more to my liking.

51 minutes ago, KeegBCFC said:

My only real issue so far after 10 or so hours of play is that interactions, with players and press, still seem as dull and broken as ever. I am fed up of answering 3 questions a week on why I am playing a player at MR when he is not able to play there according to his positions. Oh and my entire squad turned on me as I didn't strengthen at CB when I didnt have the faintest idea anybody was unhappy about it, and then signed 2 CB's when I did find out but this didn't fix anything.

Agreed, the whole media and player interactions defy common sense and very frustrating. One fringe player in my team who's not even in substitutes complain about lack of strengthening in the front and almost the whole squad is unhappy about that despite the team is top of the table and there was no transfer because the club has 0 transfer budget.

IMO, FM will be much much better by removing the entire player and media interactions and it's effects from the game.

Just now, StevehFC said:

Is the player development issue that was broken in FM23 fixed in FM24?

As far as ive seen...... no, Just like transfer.

As someone who was fixed on not buying fm24, The transfer changes were the one that made me buy it, But at the current stage, im disappointed

2 hours ago, SPE3D said:

Why do SI say AI squad building is fixed if it's not?

Interesting that you've taken one person's view on it when you've no idea how his game has been set up, what level of detail etc etc

Also, AI squad building is not an exact science, nor is it totally binary. SI have said this area of the game has been improved, but this doesn't suddenly mean that every team in the future is going to be filled with wonderkids. There still has to be a balance, and it must be difficult getting that spot on. They will have tested this extensively and must be relatively happy with the results. I suppose time will tell, but just gotta trust the process for now, until we hear of extensive failings on it, not just the opinion of one person.  

8 hours ago, alian62 said:

I thought it was a blue tooth?

Well my hearing aids can be controlled via bluetooth from my phone.... and I thought they were music/communication headsets of some sort at first.
Still a bit baffled as to why they're in the game at all as I'd never see them on the manager avatar as I'd be watching the game....and I don't make football manager avatars nice enough to oggle.

8 minuti fa, Dagenham_Dave ha scritto:

SI have said this area of the game has been improved, but this doesn't suddenly mean that every team in the future is going to be filled with wonderkids. There still has to be a balance

I think the problem is that human teams eventually ARE filled with wonderkids. 
Is it realistic? Not at all, but it’s still possible for human players, and AI falls short compared to them. 

I think it’s a matter of preventing human players from creating unrealistic rosters, or allowing the AI to do the same to keep up the challenge.

2 minutes ago, Muja said:

I think the problem is that human teams eventually ARE filled with wonderkids. 
Is it realistic? Not at all, but it’s still possible for human players, and AI falls short compared to them. 

That's on the human player then. If they want a more realistic challenge, don't fill your team up with wonderkids. It's really quite simple. Would be great if the AI was advanced enough to keep up with that, but it never has been. So if you're one of those players who exploit how easy it is to build a team full of the world's best players (and that's great if you are, play how you want), you can't really complain about the game being too easy. 

FM is a game that is as easy or as difficult as you make it. 

39 minutes ago, russell9 said:

Agreed, the whole media and player interactions defy common sense and very frustrating. One fringe player in my team who's not even in substitutes complain about lack of strengthening in the front and almost the whole squad is unhappy about that despite the team is top of the table and there was no transfer because the club has 0 transfer budget.

IMO, FM will be much much better by removing the entire player and media interactions and it's effects from the game.

I have also had, in real world mode, a player who is leaving on a future transfer kick off at me for not registering him in the squad. This makes no sense at all.

2 minutes ago, KeegBCFC said:

I have also had, in real world mode, a player who is leaving on a future transfer kick off at me for not registering him in the squad. This makes no sense at all.

This is also something that should be reported in the bug tracker. 

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/

Just now, latrell said:

i have imported my save from fm23 but its not letting me use my in game editor even though the icon is there.

The IGE (as well as the PGE) is not available for the Beta. Both will be available for the full release.

13 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

That's on the human player then. If they want a more realistic challenge, don't fill your team up with wonderkids. It's really quite simple. Would be great if the AI was advanced enough to keep up with that, but it never has been. So if you're one of those players who exploit how easy it is to build a team full of the world's best players (and that's great if you are, play how you want), you can't really complain about the game being too easy. 

Absolutely this. It's easy enough to set limits - could be the popular Youth (Academy-only) challenge, or Director of Football challenge, or just use restraint in making realistic bids for incoming players.

Are keepers intentionally nerfed? The scorelines have become absolutely ridiculous with long shots and set pieces going in at alarming rates. Good keepers not being able to stop shots from WAY out at their near post. It's almost FIFA levels of poor keeping. 

17 minuti fa, Dagenham_Dave ha scritto:

Oh, I absolutely agree with you. I always strike for realism.
I might actually lean on the other extreme: if I could decide, rather than allowing the AI to be on par with human players, I’d completely prevent the players from filling their teams with wonderkids because it’s simply not possible (or very, very hard) IRL.

24 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Why should I need to limit myself? Just make the AI at the top teams buy more wonderkids. 

SI are obviously aware it’s a problem hence trying to fix it. 

Currently running various tests and doing some statistical analysis and it seems that whilst GPG in most nations are slightly higher (region of 0.05-0.2) in comparison to real life datasets over the last 3 seasons on a 3 year comparison, it seems to be almost exclusively English leagues that are affected by high amounts (0.7-1.1). I will continue, write up and post in the tracker later and post a link in here.

2 minutes ago, DP said:

Why should I need to limit myself? Just make the AI at the top teams buy more wonderkids. 

SI are obviously aware it’s a problem hence trying to fix it. 

Nobody's saying you should. We're merely pointing out that if you want more of a challenge, or more realism, you can take the initiative and do things without waiting for SI to make the game exactly how you want it.

2 hours ago, KeegBCFC said:

Oh and my entire squad turned on me as I didn't strengthen at CB when I didnt have the faintest idea anybody was unhappy about it, and then signed 2 CB's when I did find out but this didn't fix anything.

I'm going to start a thread in bug tracker about this as you are about the 8th person who has had this exact issue including myself.

1 minute ago, kiwityke1983 said:

I'm going to start a thread in bug tracker about this as you are about the 8th person who has had this exact issue including myself.

Same thing happened to me. It has to be a bug. 

Some other neat things in the ME.

Previously wide players with on the side they havent the strongest foot on but reasonable other foot would always turn back and not cross, Now they do, even if the cross isnt great,

Also before players would clumsily run the ball out, now they recognise they won't get it and let it go for a throw.

Also like how players control the ball into their path or knock it ahead a bit. Rather than as before stop momentum in attacks by killing the ball.

14 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

There's always too many goals scored during the beta phase. Not sure if this is by design to showcase the different types of goals scored, but that's been a thing for as far back as I can remember. 

The problem the fix for it is always to just NERF finishing which makes the game infinitely worse IMO to placate the annual group of people who seem to hate seeing goals being scored.

I don't think there are a huge amount more goals being scored than IRL in my save.

1 hour ago, DarJ said:

1 hour ago, g1nh0 said:

Yes, I have seen that is available - "if needed" gives a lack of control with the numbers you do have back. I don't want my players to have any ambiguity with what they deem as acceptable as needing an extra man to go back for.

I'm also having issues not being able to set more than 2 defenders back at all times. To me it's pretty important especially for free kicks in 'shooting range' - I used to always just keep at least 4 of my defenders back because if my taker is just going to shoot, I don't need my centre backs in the box.

If it's an easy save for the keeper and he starts a counter attack with a long throw (or even opposition just move it forward in possession), I'd rather not have my centre backs have to sprint back into position, wasting their stamina when they were never needed in the box in the first place.

For wide/deep free kicks, it's not as much of an issue as I want aerial threats in the box but there doesn't seem to be a way to adjust the defensive / offensive balance among the free kick categories.

It's a great system but just needs a few tweaks and some more flexibility / customisation.

1 minute ago, kiwityke1983 said:

The problem the fix for it is always to just NERF finishing which makes the game infinitely worse IMO to placate the annual group of people who seem to hate seeing goals being scored.

I don't think there are a huge amount more goals being scored than IRL in my save.

If you're not seeing a ridiculous amount of long shots going in at an alarming rate, then I don't know what to tell you. Keepers are playing like they're blind. I've had countless defensive midfielders with less than 10 in finishing scoring goals on me from 20 yards out. It's insane

6 minutes ago, EffectiveFball said:

Pass completion is way too high. Many teams have around 90% pass completion.

This is significantly affecting the way possession is shared.

Someone from SI explained this on a different page. 

TLDR it is slightly higher than actual football but only due to the way FM tracks passes as opposed to real life.

2 minutes ago, EffectiveFball said:

yes, this seems quite game breaking to me.

It really isn't.