FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, FM-ers.

I am in need of some enlightenment, please.

In previous FM that i have played, we have an option to choose the Game Start Date, ie besides the league that i am playing, i can also choose other starting date from other leagues.  However, in FM24, i can't do that.  

Is this feature done on purpose or am i missing something..?

image.thumb.png.a155d0d7e9097680d72d80e76f354bcb.png

Please help me the wise one(s).  :)  Thank you.  ;)

PS.  Well done, SI.  It's a great game.  :applause:  The only gripe that i have is the positioning of the cameraman/photographer.  I have posted in the Bugs Forum about an odd positioning of the cameraman/photographer that i encountered in my game.

6 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Well done SI, you've somehow managed to make interactions worse this year, despite their improvement being one of the headline features. 

Got my whole squad moaning that we don't have enough depth in goal (I have 3 keepers), and even when I sign two more on deadline day, one of which is almost as good as the first choice (can you see the future problems?) and they're still not happy. 

I'm not sure if this is a side issue of me carrying over an FM23 save onto this one, but I can't imagine that should be the case. 

Nah Dave I had this exact same issue!

Captain was unhappy I lacked depth in goal. My entire squad then became upset by this...nobody had even mentioned it to me at this point and my entire squad was upset!

Finally a whole team meeting takes place. I promise to strengthen. Which I do. He still says he's upset and refuses to talk to me anymore.

Fast forward to November and the media are asking me about losing the dressing room.

Look at the dynamics tab and yep it's all over the reserve goalie issue WHICH I Strengthened!

As I said yesterday afternoon in a post they are somehow even more broken than last year which is impressive because they were a nightmare even then.

I'm not even going into the various other interactions where players have gotten upset for being told they aren't training well (pretty much every week).

I'm just going to stop talking to my players.

*I also saw someone on Reddit who had the exact same issue too.l except it was at centre-back rather than Goalie they "lacked depth".

Edited by kiwityke1983

13 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Nah Dave I had this exact same issue!

Captain was unhappy I lacked depth in goal. My entire squad then became upset by this...nobody had even mentioned it to me at this point and my entire squad was upset!

Finally a whole team meeting takes place. I promise to strengthen. Which I do. He still says he's upset and refuses to talk to me anymore.

Fast forward to November and the media are asking me about losing the dressing room.

Look at the dynamics tab and yep it's all over the reserve goalie issue WHICH I Strengthened!

As I said yesterday afternoon in a post they are somehow even more broken than last year which is impressive because they were a nightmare even then.

I'm not even going into the various other interactions where players have gotten upset for being told they aren't training well (pretty much every week).

I'm just going to stop talking to my players.

*I also saw someone on Reddit who had the exact same issue too.l except it was at centre-back rather than Goalie they "lacked depth".

Save games & bug reports would help investigate this. One thing that immediately comes to mind is depending on the reputation you come in with as manager & the personality of the captain it could lend itself to a more confrontational outcome. 

10 minutes ago, santy001 said:

Save games & bug reports would help investigate this. One thing that immediately comes to mind is depending on the reputation you come in with as manager & the personality of the captain it could lend itself to a more confrontational outcome. 

I used the recommended for club coaching badges and reputation and I've seen a lot of people having this issue.

Exact same thing with squad depth and he whole squad losing their minds over it before even having a meeting.

The manager strengthening and the squad still being upset by it.

1 hour ago, harrycarrie said:

Short corner routines are busted. Five goals in two games. Player not picked up, so much time.

https://streamable.com/d8qd53

https://streamable.com/3bpzmq

https://streamable.com/o2bnka

Another random four

https://streamable.com/8nftg9

https://streamable.com/etuva7

https://streamable.com/wh288d

https://streamable.com/t3y05g

Only raising these as this genuinely could be one of the best versions in forever, and I was highly critical of 22 and 23. Just a couple of tweaks lads.

Just now, The Amazing Dale Watkins said:

What do you mean by that? Playing in Japan J3 right now, and things look right :confused:

Let me know if I'm off base - the team names are probably entirely correct - but I booted it up just now, having downloaded it from Steam a half-hour or so ago, and the logos/ uniforms, etc. are all generic (unlike J1 and other fully licensed leagues, like the Eredivisie or whatever)

4 hours ago, Ben Kenney said:

We are aware of an issue regarding goalkeeper recruitment and it is something that is being investigated.

In regards to the England squad I would be  interested in taking a look at your save game as work has been done to improve a number of factors around this. Each save plays out differently but the results i'm seeing in internal tests look different to what you have seen.

If you would like to drop a report and save game of your age issue into this forum I will make sure it is looked into - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2024-early-access-bugs-tracker/international-management-and-squad-planner/

I've also ran a few tests but its still being funny. It is slightly improved from FM23 but still not perfect.

I have the top 5 leagues loaded and whilst there are a few regens in the England setup, ol' Tammy Abraham at the ripe old age of 32 is still getting called up even though he's an impact sub at Porto. That might have something to do with Mourinho as England manager but its still odd. Man Utd produced a wonderkid striker who got called up, scored on his debut but was then shipped off on loan to the Championship and never got called up again.

Anyways, Newcastle bought Gabriel from Arsenal for 47m. Played him 5 times and then sold him to Benfica for 13m the following season. Also signed Gravenbach on a loan to purchase deal. Has played like 10 times in 3 years for them.

Denzel Dumfries at 34 has just signed for Chelsea this season in 2030. Again worldwide rep. They already have Reece James and Geertruida for that position. Are you seriously telling me they can't play a youngster for that role? This is not intelligent squad building.

Not a fan of how in 2D when a save is made, it fires off the keeper at the speed of light into the crowd.

Also pitch is too dark and looks worse for wear. 

Edited by Kloppy

10 hours ago, craiigman said:

tbf people have and do wear glasses without actually needing glasses for sight reasons, so an accessory. I would also make the assumption that a larger % of the population wear glasses compared to needing hearing aids, and generally speaking, people don't think of glasses as an ability aid when compared to a hearing aid.

If they simply added hearing aids to accessories would that make you more or less angry?

I thought it was a blue tooth?

22 minutes ago, splishysplash123 said:

Let me know if I'm off base - the team names are probably entirely correct - but I booted it up just now, having downloaded it from Steam a half-hour or so ago, and the logos/ uniforms, etc. are all generic (unlike J1 and other fully licensed leagues, like the Eredivisie or whatever)

it's all there for J1/J2/J3. Clubs below J3 are generic though.

Screenshot 2023-10-20 185910.png

7 hours ago, rdbayly said:

Check my post a page or two back. I had a dressing room revolt on day 5 in my first role due to a lack of depth, that I had treated someone unfairly despite him never raising an issue and my 'poor management' of the team. I think it's a bug.

My first day of meeting my team I advised them we can finish in the top half of the table . I thought this was quite reasonable considering I am a Sunday amateur coach and the team last year finished mid-table . I almost had a revolt !!!!!    I recovered a little a few questions later but really it was ridiculous.  Thought they said they had toned this down. 

Would you guys pay 55m for this? Well Liverpool just did. Again, the AI is purchasing based on rep and not talent. The guy got signed to Bayern for 67m. Did nothing. Signed for Newcastle for 48m and also did nothing.

Either his agent is a genius, or the AI is dumb as rocks.

2 months in, they've now transfer-listed him because they realize he's useless.

Screenshot(581).thumb.png.dcbd7c9dd985372c71d7f5cf846160fe.png

2 hours ago, harrycarrie said:

Another random four

Only raising these as this genuinely could be one of the best versions in forever, and I was highly critical of 22 and 23. Just a couple of tweaks lads.

Post your saved corner routine over the bug tracker here,
https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2024-early-access-bugs-tracker/match-engine-and-set-piece-creator/set-pieces/

IWB/IFB are broken beyond measures. It seems that unless you play with them you are at a big disadvantage. Also thanks to the new rotations it's very hard to overload one side of the pitch as the AI keeps spacing out. 

32 minutes ago, Amarante said:

IWB/IFB are broken beyond measures. It seems that unless you play with them you are at a big disadvantage. Also thanks to the new rotations it's very hard to overload one side of the pitch as the AI keeps spacing out. 

I've found most of my assists are coming from my right-hand side where I've setup an overload.

Having a wingback, and attacking central mid, a pressing forward dropping a bit deeper and a wide centre back coming forward.

Often find the wingback or midfielder end up being put through down the channel between the opposition centrebacks and fullbacks as we have a 3-2 overload.

8 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

That's quite the hot take, the FM12 match engine is still the most exploitable engine in the whole series. 

By the way, I much prefer the Squad Planner to the Squad Depth screen, and I've never used pencil and paper whilst playing FM in my life. The way it's improved this year has made it even more useful to me when checking squad depth. I particularly like the ratings showing how strong you are in each position. 

I'm with HFD here. In FM23 I consulted the Squad Depth screen very frequently indeed, whereas I NEVER bothered with the Squad Planner.

5 hours ago, Watson156 said:

Im not sure if this has already been mentioned, although I'm sure that it has. 

It seems the amount of shots hitting the woodwork has increased from last year, and that was pretty bad. It seems like the woodwork is getting hit at least 3 times a game.

That's definitely happening in all the YouTubes by different creators I'm watching.

3 hours ago, splishysplash123 said:

Generic, and I believe fake players in the lower divisions. This will be "fixed" in the full release.

4 hours ago, ak71 said:

Hi, FM-ers.

In previous FM that i have played, we have an option to choose the Game Start Date, ie besides the league that i am playing, i can also choose other starting date from other leagues.  However, in FM24, i can't do that.  

PS.  Well done, SI.  It's a great game.  :applause:  The only gripe that i have is the positioning of the cameraman/photographer.  I have posted in the Bugs Forum about an odd positioning of the cameraman/photographer that i encountered in my game.

Someone at SI posted yesterday that it's only for Early Access to prevent exploiting the fixed transfers by starting the game before the window opens.

Is anyone else having difficulty hiring staff? Didn't receive one application to any of the five adverts I put in the job centre.

Admittedly I've just been hired as manager of Rushall who probably don't have a big reputation even in comparison to other national League teams.

Even using staff search only very few show up. Doesn't appear to be any "newgen" staff interested at all.

16 minutes ago, jomo said:

Is anyone else having difficulty hiring staff? Didn't receive one application to any of the five adverts I put in the job centre.

Admittedly I've just been hired as manager of Rushall who probably don't have a big reputation even in comparison to other national League teams.

Even using staff search only very few show up. Doesn't appear to be any "newgen" staff interested at all.

How long has it been? As a habitual lower league manager, in previous iterations (eg FM23) I wouldn't expect much response before the season's well underway.

54 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

I've found most of my assists are coming from my right-hand side where I've setup an overload.

Having a wingback, and attacking central mid, a pressing forward dropping a bit deeper and a wide centre back coming forward.

Often find the wingback or midfielder end up being put through down the channel between the opposition centrebacks and fullbacks as we have a 3-2 overload.

I haven't tried a back 3 yet This is promising though  

11 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

How long has it been? As a habitual lower league manager, in previous iterations (eg FM23) I wouldn't expect much response before the season's well underway.

I took the job in November, and had news items saying that despite being up for two weeks I had no applicants.

I think it's reputation rather than an issue. I've just reloaded to an earlier point to see if it was the same at other clubs. Took the St Alban's job and had a "good response" to the adverts.

44 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

That's definitely happening in all the YouTubes by different creators I'm watching.

That is annoying. Felt really artificial last year already. 

Will there be a fix to the Premier League’s reserve leagues randomly introducing a no foreigner rule for some reason? 

13 hours ago, autohoratio said:

I'm liking the match engine changes so far, positional rotations are definitely a big improvement. However there's some issues with IWB behaviour I've noticed that aren't how the role is played IRL (or at least compared to how the team I'm basing my tactic on uses the IWB), namely hugging the flank during buildup/when the ball is in the defensive third, and not quite staying as central as I'd like. I made a bug report going into more detail with some examples and comparisons to the real life team:

Just read your post in the bug report section and it's like you read my mind. I would also like to see an option for earlier inverting from the IWB. 

On 19/10/2023 at 21:01, harrycarrie said:

Just wanna report in that IFB (Defend) works INCREDIBLY well. I made the below tactic to fully test the role:

9be3d15f019a8be0fdfced43b2df490e.png

This is how it looks in attack:

8a86990263e1b3fabbb3127cf8a2d34e.jpg

19, 18 and 6 are my three CB Libs supporting the attack. The two tucked in, holding the fort - the two IFBs. Their positional play is fantastic. I've won three on the trot now using this. Such a great role.

Crazy how this tactic would work😂 just wouldn’t happen in real life leaving midfield so bare 

4 minutes ago, Hibs1875 said:

Crazy how this tactic would work😂 just wouldn’t happen in real life leaving midfield so bare 

It's just not a very accurate representation in the tactics screen. The players aren't actually keeping these positions. It would look very different if you look at average positions or heat maps.

Contract renewals issue?

When you are a renewing the contract with a step increase in playing time, shouldn't there be an option to  set a player target for the player to achieve (e.g. avg. rating) before the new playing time would apply? That was my understanding of how that worked but let me know if it works differently.

image.thumb.png.826dfac9f74fed99eaaefec0d869df12.png

How good is this ME, nice work SI!! Will be watching more games on comprehensive.

1 hour ago, phnompenhandy said:

Someone at SI posted yesterday that it's only for Early Access to prevent exploiting the fixed transfers by starting the game before the window opens.

Thanks, mate.  Really appreciate the info.  :thup:

13 minutes ago, Alannnnn said:

Still got premier league managers buying 34 year old sub goalkeepers not getting game time for £70mil. 

Laughable AI. You actually released this game?

Are alot of people actually seeing this, or did one person post it and it's just being repeated ? Because it's only this one example I keep see being brought up. 

I'm not deep enough into my save to come across this yet, I've only had the initial window. 

4 hours ago, kabajingai said:

Would you guys pay 55m for this? Well Liverpool just did. Again, the AI is purchasing based on rep and not talent. The guy got signed to Bayern for 67m. Did nothing. Signed for Newcastle for 48m and also did nothing.

Either his agent is a genius, or the AI is dumb as rocks.

2 months in, they've now transfer-listed him because they realize he's useless.

Screenshot(581).thumb.png.dcbd7c9dd985372c71d7f5cf846160fe.png

Tbf is it that different to Moratas career?

Seems to bounce around Europe for £40m-£60m fees every few years without ever really standing out.

1 hour ago, Hibs1875 said:

Don’t get me wrong happy to be doing well but think the game seems a bit easy again. Scored at least 5 goals in a game about 6 times. 

1D827B2E-8A7A-4969-BB2D-87EA8A3437AC.jpeg

I just got pumped 7-0 with St Johnstone away to Celtic.

Would very much recommend trying to manage us on "your world", as you virtually need to fill every position and you have a wage budget of about £2k and negligible transfer budget.

19 minutes ago, Alannnnn said:

Still got premier league managers buying 34 year old sub goalkeepers not getting game time for £70mil. 

Laughable AI. You actually released this game?

If you want a bug free experience, youre best waiting until the full game is released.

I dont understand why so many people come on here moaning about things being wrong in the beta as if its not the entire point.

You have an issue, report it in the bugs section so they can try and identify the root cause by having as many examples/save games as possible.

So simulated till August 2030 so far

Here are a few observations:

-International management: Starting XI of National Teams are not as old as we experienced in the past and newgens are breaking through

A few examples:

England starting XI is averaging 29.81 y/o in 2030

France starting XI is averaging 28.27 y/o in 2030

Argentina starting XI is averaging 28.36 y/o in 2030

Brazil starting XI is averaging 25 y/o in 2030

That's a good step ahead

On the other hand international Managers are still something weird as the names picked to handle big teams is something curious...

Transfers acivity and AI team building

First of all Saudi Arabia is an important actor of the market, as big names are joining their league every year for big money, like we saw irl this summer

AI team building, use/rotation of the players seems to be always weak,

Chelsea squad is terrific from this pov as lots of players are not loaned out, are not playing at all, and they ended up released

It seems that hot prospects are not always  being developed pretty well by their clubs, may be something related to their reputation

Competitions Dominance

Champions League football is dominated by PL teams, English clubs lift all the trophies from the first season till 2030 (City x4)

In France and Germany, both PSG and Bayern won all the Leagues titles

France and Italie lifted the last 2 World Cups, England lost the two finals

France and Spain lifted the last 2 Euro

In Japan there's some weird managers. 'Cameron Schofield' at Yokohama F Marinos - Australian, has Kevin Muscat's career history... is this an oversight or just because the same is in early access? Mihailo Petrovic at Consadole Sapporo has also been replaced by 'Stefan Rauter'.

21 minutes ago, nico_france said:

So simulated till August 2030 so far

Here are a few observations:

-International management: Starting XI of National Teams are not as old as we experienced in the past and newgens are breaking through

A few examples:

England starting XI is averaging 29.81 y/o in 2030

France starting XI is averaging 28.27 y/o in 2030

Argentina starting XI is averaging 28.36 y/o in 2030

Brazil starting XI is averaging 25 y/o in 2030

That's a good step ahead

On the other hand international Managers are still something weird as the names picked to handle big teams is something curious...

Transfers acivity and AI team building

First of all Saudi Arabia is an important actor of the market, as big names are joining their league every year for big money, like we saw irl this summer

AI team building, use/rotation of the players seems to be always weak,

Chelsea squad is terrific from this pov as lots of players are not loaned out, are not playing at all, and they ended up released

It seems that hot prospects are not always  being developed pretty well by their clubs, may be something related to their reputation

Competitions Dominance

Champions League football is dominated by PL teams, English clubs lift all the trophies from the first season till 2030 (City x4)

In France and Germany, both PSG and Bayern won all the Leagues titles

France and Italie lifted the last 2 World Cups, England lost the two finals

France and Spain lifted the last 2 Euro

This is a bit concerning. What was changed then? It’s a headline feature and there are numerous reports of the same squad building issues. 

7 hours ago, ak71 said:

Hi, FM-ers.

I think if you use the "select team later" option you can get the full drop down back. I had the options for all the leagues I had enabled.

6 minutes ago, rjferguson90 said:

In Japan there's some weird managers. 'Cameron Schofield' at Yokohama F Marinos - Australian, has Kevin Muscat's career history... is this an oversight or just because the same is in early access? Mihailo Petrovic at Consadole Sapporo has also been replaced by 'Stefan Rauter'.

Yeah, that's interesting. "Rauter" is definitely Petrovic. Must be some licensing problem.

28 minutes ago, kabajingai said:

Morata wasn't instantly transfer-listed the moment he walked through the door.

Yeah if thats happening its poor, anf the type of thing ive hated for a while.

Often as a Scottish Premiership side youll see EPL/EFL Championship teams signing players from you in their early 20s for 6 figures, and then instantly loan listing them. Its immersion breaking to a point and itll be really disappointing if it continues.

Morata example was just about how its not uncommon for clubs to sign players based on reputation sometimes, rather than ability/form, then find out quickly they arent as good as they wanted. I do wonder sometimes (likely not in this case) mix up bad managers within the game with bad AI?

16 hours ago, kandersson said:

I'm liking new roles and rotations though I'm a bit disappointed by lack of Attack duty for Libero. Was hoping to recreate the role of Lucas Martinez Quarta at Fiorentina i.e. a CB that not only steps into midfield but also attacks the box and get in scoring positions. Can't seem to achieve this with a Support duty.

On Attack, the Libero never quite did that, unfortunately. For years, he would just sort of cross the halfway line and hang around there, I'm not sure if was a game breaker or anything but I think it's better now it's D/S only

The "Quarta role" might be a good feature request  

6 hours ago, harrycarrie said:

Another random four

This reminds me a lot of the year the AI could take short freekicks and you couldn't do anything about the player they were passing to. Please get this logged.