FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Echoing what many are saying in here: the new animations and ME in general is much improved and there's a sense of weight to the players as they control the ball, dribble and turn.

The orange contrast on top of the purple theme is also striking and makes it easier to see buttons and important info.

Any long term-simmed observation - like AI squad building, specific issue with newgens?

I get it that everybody plays Premier League and rebuilds Chelsea or the Manchester II for originality points, but would really appreciate some feedback from someone whos is like 10 seasons in to check any anomalies :D . Thank you in advance!

2 hours ago, rdbayly said:

Played 1 match at my new club and suddenly my entire squad hates me because a team leader believes we don't have enough depth at centre back. I didn't even get the chance to speak to the guy yet the squad is unhappy at the way I have treated him. 

Is this a known issue as I saw someone else have a similar problem?

Edit: Now the squad are demanding a meeting to discuss how unhappy they are with my management of the team.

I've been in post for 5 days :lol:

Yep, morale system is definitely overdone and busted once again. 

Someone asked about mistakes in passing. Check it out, both teams are aggressive and make mistakes.

Supporters in 3D are terrible. I make an effort not to look at them, the contrast with the footballers is incomparable. Especially a nearest tribune, when they are visible from the back/side

Edited by Novem9

1 hour ago, rusty217 said:

Yes. But only the 8 team knockout tournament as a one off competition for 2023.

I can guarantee you there will be user made files for it though. Partially because I did one for FM23 and plan to update it for FM24. But I've also heard from 1 other person that's planning a database for it too.

Yeah I thought so when we don't even know how exactly will it look. Well, looking forward to custom database at least.

Have to say FM24 is very realistic as MUFC so far

image.png.34df65269122892e308826358764f74e.png

I haven't had enough time to give meaningful feedback but will be back hopefully after the weekend.

Hope everyone thinks the slog of our speculation thread was worth it :p

I guess i could add I think "your world" is great and i dont see how i ever played the game on original, especially with the new ways to offload players it allowed me to get an extra 120 million to complete the transfers from 7 players and finally have a team you can own in the first season

Edited by nunch98

I'm liking the match engine changes so far, positional rotations are definitely a big improvement. However there's some issues with IWB behaviour I've noticed that aren't how the role is played IRL (or at least compared to how the team I'm basing my tactic on uses the IWB), namely hugging the flank during buildup/when the ball is in the defensive third, and not quite staying as central as I'd like. I made a bug report going into more detail with some examples and comparisons to the real life team:

7 hours ago, blackdevil said:

The difference in presentation of hearing impairments and sight impairments has actually offended me more than I thought it would as I don't usually get offended by such things and even on the rare occasion I hear a deaf joke find them as amusing as the next person.  But to class one as an ability aid and one as an accessory has just riled me up so much that I've requested a refund and won't purchase another until hearing and sight impairments are treated the same.

Why are vision aids (glasses) not in the "ability aids" section of the avatar creation like hearing aids are?  Nice of you to add those btw but classing them in different sections with different connotations in their naming is something I find discriminatory as they should both be categorised either as accessories or ability aids.

What is the point in creating an avatar before being able to do anything else?   When you then have to create an avatar when you start a new game anyway.  Can't even change the preferences (which include features to aid visibility) before having to create an avatar.

I'm expecting the full fat version to add a parrot and a wooden leg to complete the accessories. Oo arr!!

2 hours ago, Reflection86 said:

It seems to be happening on FM23 imported saves only. New saves started on FM24 don't have this rule. Very strange, but it's ruined my FM23 save and forced me to start a new one unfortunately.

My impression is that this is because FM24 only adds the features of the new game but uses a version of the old database. This is why you can't add new leagues too. Below screenshot is from FM24 game status.

Screenshot2023-10-20164524.png.bff0953a7cc835e86e074c055c624a22.png

Edited by HighFlyingDwarf

7 hours ago, blackdevil said:

The difference in presentation of hearing impairments and sight impairments has actually offended me more than I thought it would as I don't usually get offended by such things and even on the rare occasion I hear a deaf joke find them as amusing as the next person.  But to class one as an ability aid and one as an accessory has just riled me up so much that I've requested a refund and won't purchase another until hearing and sight impairments are treated the same.

Why are vision aids (glasses) not in the "ability aids" section of the avatar creation like hearing aids are?  Nice of you to add those btw but classing them in different sections with different connotations in their naming is something I find discriminatory as they should both be categorised either as accessories or ability aids.

What is the point in creating an avatar before being able to do anything else?   When you then have to create an avatar when you start a new game anyway.  Can't even change the preferences (which include features to aid visibility) before having to create an avatar.

tbf people have and do wear glasses without actually needing glasses for sight reasons, so an accessory. I would also make the assumption that a larger % of the population wear glasses compared to needing hearing aids, and generally speaking, people don't think of glasses as an ability aid when compared to a hearing aid.

If they simply added hearing aids to accessories would that make you more or less angry?

i read this earlier today and saw a lot of GK injuries in the comments. In my second league game of the season i had 2(!) keepers injured within 10 minutes of each other. I finished the game with my CB in goal and then found out that both my keepers are out for at least 5 weeks. I feel like this is probably turned up too much! I already want to  give up on the season.

Edited by Jack722

Just chiming in again to say that the number of corners is ABSURDLY higher than in real life. It's making games a real slog at times, which is a shame because the rest is mostly great. 

Also there's a bug with player search on the scouting screen. If i filter by nationality it works, but when i try to add in a position filter it shows players from all nationalities as if the nationality filter wasn't checked. The other four players in my network save report the same. 

edit: See below - I forgot about the plus and minus buttons

Why are match/training rating targets in contract negotiations only available in 0.50 increments? I was hoping I'd be able to set a 7.2 or 7.25 average match rating, for example. And in the early access youtuber videos I distinctly remember the training rating target in player interactions (I think when criticising a player's training and you're prompted to set the player a target to improve) you can set it in increments of 0.10 there, so the discrepancy between that and contract negotation targets doesn't make sense.

image.png.b03f7875ab9e67e66305eb9e2874dfee.pngimage.png.cb7aef3f2c8bc4043b5bbf8bbe76041d.png

Edited by autohoratio

32 minutes ago, HighFlyingDwarf said:

My impression is that this is because FM24 only adds the features of the new game but uses a version of the old database. This is why you can't add new leagues too. Below screenshot is from FM24 game status.

Screenshot2023-10-20164524.png.bff0953a7cc835e86e074c055c624a22.png

Doesn't really explain why the game has invented a rule that doesn't exist in either real life, FM23 or new saves in FM24 though haha. 

6 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

Why are match/training rating targets in contract negotiations only available in 0.50 increments? I was hoping I'd be able to set a 7.2 or 7.25 average match rating, for example. And in the early access youtuber videos I distinctly remember the training rating target in player interactions (I think when criticising a player's training and you're prompted to set the player a target to improve) you can set it in increments of 0.10 there, so the discrepancy between that and contract negotation targets doesn't make sense.

image.png.b03f7875ab9e67e66305eb9e2874dfee.pngimage.png.cb7aef3f2c8bc4043b5bbf8bbe76041d.png

You can click on the plus button on the right to increase it by 0.1 each time 

I'm having issues with the Responsibilities screen. My selection aren't always remembered, even if I save them and I am also not seeing all categories (in the screenshot I'm not seeing my options for u19 and B team training). Is this a bug or did I do something wrong with a setting?

image.thumb.png.5f1fa9438b18f8dd7d6fa7f9aef3133e.png

Early doors, and I've been a huge critic ever since FM13. Haven't really enjoyed any of the FM's since 12. But to give credit where credit is due, this feels like a hell of an improvement. I remain cautiously optimistic but it actually feels like they've really tried to make a good game, rather than just putting lipstick on a pig every year. 

Fair play SI, you deserve a lot of credit from what I've seen so far.

40 минут назад, Coalescence2121 сказал:

Also there's a bug with player search on the scouting screen. If i filter by nationality it works, but when i try to add in a position filter it shows players from all nationalities as if the nationality filter wasn't checked. The other four players in my network save report the same. 

Checked right now, all works correctly for me. Do you use old filters?

3 hours ago, Reflection86 said:

It seems to be happening on FM23 imported saves only. New saves started on FM24 don't have this rule. Very strange, but it's ruined my FM23 save and forced me to start a new one unfortunately.

Ah, that is frustrating. Agreed that it is a bit of a deal-breaker.

• SI Staff
52 minutes ago, Coalescence2121 said:

Just chiming in again to say that the number of corners is ABSURDLY higher than in real life. It's making games a real slog at times, which is a shame because the rest is mostly great. 

In regards to the player search issue it sounds a similar issue to the one reported here - 

If the last of the conditions (Position in this example) has an 'Or' next to it, change it to an 'And' and that should hopefully resolve the problem. 

We are looking into the issue causing this. 

1 hour ago, kerrdavidson95 said:

I know it's said every year but I've never experienced injuries like this. After six competitive matches I have 9 players out injured for times ranging from 2 weeks to 9 months.

Manchester United supporters sympathise with you 

Il y a 1 heure, -Jef- a dit :

Anyway

Anyone managed to sim/holiday in the future to check if development is fixed?

Currently 4 seasons in

Will post a recap in the week end as i want to hit more seasons

Well done SI, you've somehow managed to make interactions worse this year, despite their improvement being one of the headline features. 

Got my whole squad moaning that we don't have enough depth in goal (I have 3 keepers), and even when I sign two more on deadline day, one of which is almost as good as the first choice (can you see the future problems?) and they're still not happy. 

I'm not sure if this is a side issue of me carrying over an FM23 save onto this one, but I can't imagine that should be the case. 

21 hours ago, GOODNAME said:

Anyone having issues with ME lags ? i remembred last year it was a big issue

I dont have my PC around me to check myself 

Thanks 

Yeah, I had this in FM23 as well. Not as bad in FM24 and it's my laptop that's the issue. If I turn the fan on to cool it down the lags go away!

I'm trying to load a fm23 save done on a stream deck into fm24 on a stream deck, but it doesn't come up to load. When I check the steam cloud it comes up with the save, but when I click download it says there's nothing there? Any help please?

Apologies if this is the wrong thread. 

2 hours ago, nunch98 said:

Have to say FM24 is very realistic as MUFC so far

image.png.34df65269122892e308826358764f74e.png

I haven't had enough time to give meaningful feedback but will be back hopefully after the weekend.

Hope everyone thinks the slog of our speculation thread was worth it :p

I guess i could add I think "your world" is great and i dont see how i ever played the game on original, especially with the new ways to offload players it allowed me to get an extra 120 million to complete the transfers from 7 players and finally have a team you can own in the first season

Worth every second of putting up with you x :D

In terms of average corners per game, for the Championship in England this is 12.7. I'd say I see anything between 8 - 15 in my matches between both teams so wouldn't say it's OTT in mine. 
It might just be more noticeable as they are shown as highlights more?

Edited by Domoboy23

Is there no way, during a match, to disable the option for a player with 2 goals to take penalties?

I can see the tickbox in the main Tactics > Penalties panel, but cannot see how to uncheck it during a match.

And yes, my 7 Penalty Taking winger just scuffed one when he was on 2 goals, to cost us the game.

12 minutes ago, jfmargolin said:

Yeah, I had this in FM23 as well. Not as bad in FM24 and it's my laptop that's the issue. If I turn the fan on to cool it down the lags go away!

ME is fine for me, but the replays are choppy on a semi regular basis. No rhyme or reason to it though.

1 hour ago, Coalescence2121 said:

Chime in at the bugs forum if something doesn't feel right, especially the player search bug you mention.

Edited by Colorado

@autohoratioI'm sure this is a daft question, but you are using a wide player further up the pitch, aren't you? 

I've seen the behaviour in the screenshot when playing last night. I've got an IWB on the left in a 433. The DM is a support DLP and the wide player in front is an IF attack. 

Edit: reading your post a bit more thoroughly, I might be wrong. I'm getting the behaviour you want but not as early as you're after. Ignore me maybe ! 

Edited by DeepThought
I was wrong

Belgium Finances are still not fixed. already reported this as a bug (like FM22/Fm23). Youth setup costs , non football costs are out of control, at every club.. You could say it is realistic , because a lot of teams in Belgium have red figures but.. it was reported and under investigation last year, it seems the same (tested it with ten teams, after one season most of them lost 1.5/2 milj.

I like the ME and animations ! so that is something very positive.

Edited by OlivierL

55 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Well done SI, you've somehow managed to make interactions worse this year, despite their improvement being one of the headline features. 

Got my whole squad moaning that we don't have enough depth in goal (I have 3 keepers), and even when I sign two more on deadline day, one of which is almost as good as the first choice (can you see the future problems?) and they're still not happy. 

I'm not sure if this is a side issue of me carrying over an FM23 save onto this one, but I can't imagine that should be the case. 

Check my post a page or two back. I had a dressing room revolt on day 5 in my first role due to a lack of depth, that I had treated someone unfairly despite him never raising an issue and my 'poor management' of the team. I think it's a bug.

Edited by rdbayly

Many players suddenly worth 100 mil+ after half a season.

That is not realistic at all. Examples are Domenico Berardi (20), Lazar Samardzic (20) , Tommaso Baldanzi (15) and Nicolas Gonzalez (35).

Transfermarkt  values in parentheses.

Can anything be done towards realistic transfer-values?

Edited by Bianconeri_tifosi

18 minutes ago, DeepThought said:

@autohoratioI'm sure this is a daft question, but you are using a wide player further up the pitch, aren't you? 

I've seen the behaviour in the screenshot when playing last night. I've got an IWB on the left in a 433. The DM is a support DLP and the wide player in front is an IF attack. 

Edit: reading your post a bit more thoroughly, I might be wrong. I'm getting the behaviour you want but not as early as you're after. Ignore me maybe ! 

I'm playing a 4-3-3 as well, DM is DM-Su, AML is Winger on Support

2 hours ago, PGHJuice said:

Set pieces (corners especially) seem generally overpowered this year. I get SI wants to show off their new feature but sheesh 

Yeah, whilst there seems to be too many goals in games in general, my team are scoring from at least one corner or free kick each game.