FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

I also noticed this, but starting to wonder if it was maybe deliberate. The game seems so well optimized maybe the extra 30-40k isn't going to have that much of an effect?

It will be interesting to see the effect once I hit the first transfer deadline day...I've only reached the first League game in the premier League after 6 friendlies and overall the speed hasn't taken that much of a hit so far

3 minutes ago, SPE3D said:

These wouldn't look out of place in a horror film 

Didn't expect change for FM24, but I hope with the new engine in FM25 they will be improved then.

41 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

Shot speeds - if you're seeing examples where you think a ball is moving unnaturally fast, then please do start a bug thread with specific PKM examples for us to look at.

You have probably spotted this already but I saw this on reddit @Jack Joyce: https://v.redd.it/e5h3gu5hr7vb1

I did burst out laughing at it. In all seriousness though, I wonder if this is contributing to some of the increase in long range goals that some people have noticed.

I've just noticed that the UI bug from FM23 is still there where if you change a role during a game the UI doesn't update with the new role you've chosen so it looks like the player is still playing in the previous role even if that's not case

14 minutes ago, tomek0290 said:

Mateusz Stolarczyk has not played for Pogoń Szczecin for two years

11 minutes ago, tomek0290 said:

Why is Oliwier Sieniawski not in the database?

If you have issues with the data, please report it here:

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2024-early-access-bugs-tracker/database-and-research/

Really liking the new player roles. The IFBd is exactly what I’ve wanted for a while and looks to work really well so far. I’ve dabbled with the Libero and like the movements, just don’t quite have the player for it to be a full time part of my tactic. 

1 minute ago, serkanedabasar78 said:

Again, selling players is like torture and the constantly repeated questions are tiring.

I think if you’re playing the original DB then it will be harder to sell players as most teams will have used their budgets. Obviously selling players has never been perfect but I’ve always found it to be much better the further into a game you get 

I can't find "Advanced" in Player or Staff search anymore, I assume its been removed? It was really helpful when looking for coaches because I could use AND or OR conditions, for example a coach that has at least 15 for Technical OR Tactical:

FM23:

image.png.4b415deba513c42b45ccf161050456f0.png

Is there a way to do this in FM24? Thanks

Edited by frank_olaf

Hello, what exactly is the difference between the imported 23 saves and a 24 save game. I read - but don't know where - that not all new features would be available with an imported save.

What is the difference and maybe you can tell me where I can read this again?

1 minute ago, Conardo said:

Hello, what exactly is the difference between the imported 23 saves and a 24 save game. I read - but don't know where - that not all new features would be available with an imported save.

So far I've found the only things missing are match highlights from when you played on FM23 and achievements. All the new features I've come across so far have worked fine. 

2 minutes ago, Conardo said:

https://www.footballmanager.com/help/savegamefaq 16

9 minutes ago, frank_olaf said:

I can't find "Advanced" in Player or Staff search anymore, I assume its been removed? It was really helpful when looking for coaches because I could use AND or OR conditions, for example a coach that has at least 15 for Technical OR Tactical:

FM23:

image.png.4b415deba513c42b45ccf161050456f0.png

Is there a way to do this in FM24? Thanks

Not sure what you are looking for, but this works fine.

image.thumb.png.8b212daa923a0631acb3ea2098842e5e.png

Played 1 match at my new club and suddenly my entire squad hates me because a team leader believes we don't have enough depth at centre back. I didn't even get the chance to speak to the guy yet the squad is unhappy at the way I have treated him. 

Is this a known issue as I saw someone else have a similar problem?

Edit: Now the squad are demanding a meeting to discuss how unhappy they are with my management of the team.

I've been in post for 5 days :lol:

Edited by rdbayly

Something that has irritated me for years with Nordsjaelland, have asked about this in the past in the Danish data section but didn't get a response. There are over 30 players in their U19s team, majority have really good talent levels, but every single year they have dreadful decision making, the best rating here is 6 and plenty have 2/3 or I presume that's Sunday League levels of decision making from almost every single player in a well-established youth system at a very good level:

image.thumb.png.cd19ba90448e4e0b41adca43293e69d1.png

Have tried looking at the youth sides for various teams to see if it's perhaps a data issue where young players are just automatically being given a bad mental rating for decisions specifically, but it's not, I just really fail to believe that Nordsjaelland every year have this super talented youth side who just make honking decisions every single time, and it has been this way with them for years:

St Johnstone: Scottish Prem:

image.thumb.png.c058ed5f44f0bc2623125e5a8295af35.png

Mansfield Town, League Two:

image.thumb.png.c14a72ade718a6b55b5031a197050ee9.png

AAB - Danish side in second tier for comparison, good but not world beating youth system, markedly better with decisions

image.thumb.png.ccaa9ee1a5a2e0c8eeadedce76c84cb3.png

I've selected 23 leagues from 14 nations with medium database and it gave me over 130k players. In FM 23 this was around 70k players if I remember correctly.

any idea why it's so different now?

5 minutes ago, gggfunk said:

I've selected 23 leagues from 14 nations with medium database and it gave me over 130k players. In FM 23 this was around 70k players if I remember correctly.

any idea why it's so different now?

Game processes quicker this year, so the optimal player count from the leagues loaded will be higher. That's my guess anyway. 

The game and ME looks great but it's disappointing there's still no visual difference between a synthetic pitch and a real grass one (like there used to be in previous versions), which is usually pretty obvious IRL. Hard to know if the surface makes any difference to ball physics either.

Might seem a fairly trivial thing but in terms of immersion and accuracy, getting 3G pitches right can play a big part given their prominence in the game now, especially at lower levels and in some countries. It's a variable that can make a big difference in a practical sense, and visually it helps remind you when you're actually playing on one!

9 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Game processes quicker this year, so the optimal player count from the leagues loaded will be higher. That's my guess anyway. 

Now I think it's because of the Real World mode, in which case the game generates more players.

Just one more thing intrigues me:

If picking a team to manage later, you will only be able to manage a team in the country you have chosen the start date from.

Why is it like this now?

Edited by gggfunk

5 hours ago, itszamora said:

I'm not seeing this issue. Just loaded up a quick save with a Premier League team to check, and there's no rule that I can see relating to foreign players of any age being unable to play in games. Furthermore, the U21s have just played a game in which a foreign U21 player who is not registered for the first team squad played.

It seems to be happening on FM23 imported saves only. New saves started on FM24 don't have this rule. Very strange, but it's ruined my FM23 save and forced me to start a new one unfortunately.

ME thoughts 

• Positional play and rotations really taken the game to new heights. Its made me to try 2D and the data analyst view which I have never done before because I want to see where my players are moving to, off the ball. 
  • Dribbling is night and day different from any other FM. I feel like good dribblers are now smart. They can take over their man, run the by line 
  • Much more realistic games. Long are the days when players shoot at stupid angles, passing randomly forward when you can retain possession/ recycle it. 
  • Long shots and cutbacks really OP - really easy for players to ghost in behind 
  • Do think attacking intelligence has improved alot but I feel like defensive intelligence hasn't kept up the pace
  • Feel like with the new tactics that it's a bit easy just to plug and play inverted wingback, inverted FB e.c.t.

2 minutes ago, ElJuanvito said:

My training schedules from 23 won't load in this one. Bug or WAD?

Training options are different in FM24, so FM23 ones won't pull through. I can't remember which ones have changed as I leave training to my staff, but that's the response from an earlier query about this. 

It really frustrating how some little interface bugs carry over from one version to another over the years. As in FM22, any already created manager, when added again, automatically has the “inexperienced” checkbox, even if you unchecked it 100 previous times.

I will be surprised if the bug with transfers rerort has been corrected. We are talking about a bug since FM21, when transfers BEFORE new season/schedule reboot reported in prev season. Before it automatically moved in new season after reboot

3 minutes ago, latrell said:

question i know the full game promises you can import your fm23 save but does the beta allow you to do this as well also my save has a lot of data ad dons does that matter.

Yes you can do it now 

1 hour ago, Fire0Fart said:

Is the African Football League in the game?

Yes. But only the 8 team knockout tournament as a one off competition for 2023.

I can guarantee you there will be user made files for it though. Partially because I did one for FM23 and plan to update it for FM24. But I've also heard from 1 other person that's planning a database for it too.

I like this ME. My favourite was FM22 where I realized 95% of my ideas and replicas of IRL tactics. Other 5% is responsibility of new FB role ;) And rethinked Lib too.

I added my favourite 433 based on Cryuff, first impression it's very good as in FM22 too. I didn't like FM23 (demo) and my tactics worked terrible in this. Main reason why I played FM22 two years.

FM24 is 'UltraFM22' for me. Improved interaction between players is brilliant :applause:

Few years ago footballers were absolutely stupid when it came to initiative. For example, cover, distances, empty spaces, etc. Interaction as is. Now I have an explosion of neurotransmitters in my brain from the way the players behave.

Of course, this is not ideal, but there has never been anything better in the world. Some negative - in the first games it seemed that there were slightly more penalties than in FM22. I play with TI ball into box area, mb it's part of reason. Woodworks often too, but statistically need to play at least 1-2 seasons to understand how much of a problem this is, and not a one-time surge

Please do not break FM24, otherwise I will have to return to FM22 again :rolleyes:

So I went against my better judgement and bought this game. And to absolutely nobody's surprise, the issue with staff numbers at the start of the game being utterly wonky (certainly for some clubs) continues, despite me having complained about it for years.

Guess I'm in the extreme minority of people that think it's totally insane for a club to have hired 10 coaching staff members, almost all with just-renewed contracts, but actually be unhappy with that and only want there to be 2 ... since pretty much nobody is talking about it and SI don't ever reply to me about it.

That is the case with Dorking Wanderers in VNL right now. They won't be the only club.

This. Doesn't. Make. Sense.

When the game starts, the board needs to be set on whatever staff numbers exist IN REAL LIFE. Unless the club is in an insecure or worse financial position. Forcing players to decimate their backroom staff when they were the ones that in real life hired them is just dumb IMHO.

Hey .... maybe Unity can help fix this :P

Don't you think the AI has become more aggressive? It always killed me how an opponent didn't press me. Because if one of the AI managers decided to play on a collision course, he got a chance, and I enjoyed the competition. Now it seems that the opponents are focused on scoring goals rather than waiting for the final whistle

Edited by Novem9

Oh I like how Giroud solved this moment:

Just one of examples. For the first time I'm thinking about watching moments in 3D

use 720p manually, if video quality is bad

Edited by Novem9

I'm liking new roles and rotations though I'm a bit disappointed by lack of Attack duty for Libero. Was hoping to recreate the role of Lucas Martinez Quarta at Fiorentina i.e. a CB that not only steps into midfield but also attacks the box and get in scoring positions. Can't seem to achieve this with a Support duty.

Big fan of the new inverted fullback though I'm not sure this is an ideal term for the role. It seems to suggest a similarity with the inverted wingback while the two roles behave in very different ways. Also the inverted full back isn't really 'inverted', it's mostly a more defensive version of the wide centre back role from fullback position as correctly explained in role description. I'd simply rename this role 'Wide Defender', seems more suitable and should avoid confusion with IWB. Very minor issue but still :D

Edited by kandersson

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, gggfunk said:

If picking a team to manage later, you will only be able to manage a team in the country you have chosen the start date from.

Why is it like this now?

This is to avoid the link between transfers/budgets and date being circumvented by choosing to start the game in a nation/on a date that does not correspond with the club you have chosen to manage.