What are the benefits of being good on both feet(two-footed)?

It makes a player more flexible in terms of the positions and roles he can play.  It means he's less likely to fluff passes, shots or crosses if forced onto his weaker foot by opposition defenders.

There is really no downside to having a player comfortable with either foot.

10 minutes ago, 뜨페이뜨 said:

A lot of abilities are needed to increase the stats of the weak foot.

No, it isn't.

Through natural player development (ie., without using an editor) players cannot improve their weaker foot beyond "reasonable" (9, 10 or 11 on a 1-20 scale).  This means that in reality hardly any ability is used in developing a weaker foot.

Sure, if you use an editor to change a player from 1 to 20 it may use a lot of ability, but it's impossible without using an editor.

Just now, herne79 said:

No, it isn't.

Through natural player development (ie., without using an editor) players cannot improve their weaker foot beyond "reasonable" (9, 10 or 11 on a 1-20 scale).  This means that in reality hardly any ability is used in developing a weaker foot.

Sure, if you use an editor to change a player from 1 to 20 it may use a lot of ability, but it's impossible without using an editor.

Oh, I meant to say that increasing the number by 1 would require a lot of abilities.

1 hour ago, agent007 said:

it waste a lot of PA points. in FM 1 footed to reasonable are always better than players the use both feet. e.g Haaland, Mbappe, once you start trainning left weak foot their attributes start giong down

So Haalands finishing will go down when he starts training to use his weaker foot more? Behave yourself.

10 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

So Haalands finishing will go down when he starts training to use his weaker foot more? Behave yourself.

It could happen if he's at his PA limit. 

The game really should put left and right foot abilities for the technical attributes to level the playing field. I know from a researcher's point of view that's impossible. But the game does impute the values somehow. I think that would be fine even if formulaic. I think the rationale though is if he's spending time on his weaker foot and is at his limit then something else must be getting neglected so the points have to be taken from somewhere else. 

Realistically though it should be very, very hard to train your weaker foot after a certain age like 18+. Not sure how many players came up with only being able to use one and then became nearly equally two footed. I don't think it should take CA points cause it can wreak havoc on a player's attributes if they're at their PA limit. 

9 hours ago, agent007 said:

if you have an in game editor put 20 on is weak and find out

Read my post above.  If you use an editor then sure, but in game that cannot happen.

On 12/10/2023 at 16:20, herne79 said:

No, it isn't.