New leagues and features FMM24?

• SI Staff
6 minutes ago, Cothucotchy said:

Ill be sure to check it out. But still no swedish leagues? I cant think the license is very expensive… 

I'm afraid the specific leagues which are in the game (and the cost of licenses) isn't something I'm involved in - often such things are partially determined by interest/user base in a specific region and that regions interest to people in other areas, my hope is one day we'll have every league in the world in the game ... but that might be a while in the future ;)

PS - It might interest some people to know that as well as the announced features there will (as usual) be a number of other enhancements present such goal droughts (and related media/effects), the expansion of the game database size (and more national teams manageable because of it) and the optimization of the game engine to make it even faster - these aren't 'exciting' but will help make the game more enjoyable for a people :)

2 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

It might interest some people to know that as well as the announced features there will (as usual) be a number of other enhancements present such goal droughts (and related media/effects), the expansion of the game database size (and more national teams manageable because of it) and the optimization of the game engine to make it even faster - these aren't 'exciting' but will help make the game more enjoyable for a people :)

Is National Team management still exclusive to FMFC members or is it available from the start now?

• SI Staff
27 minutes ago, TheHurricane said:

Is National Team management still exclusive to FMFC members or is it available from the start now?

It'll be available from the start (although tbh 'exclusive to FMFC members' just meant you had to sign up for FMFC which wasn't particularly hard work imho ;) ).

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, jamie_B_105 said:

Doesn't look hugely different to last year’s game... Features look particularly the same. With the build-up I presumed we would be having whole sail changes

The game is something that evolves rather than radically changes - this is intentional tbh and unlikely to ever change, people seem to enjoy the game and it is better to evolve and evolve and improve it (while listening to feedback/reviews) - than to suddenly radically change it in a manner which might alienate people ... I do understand the alure of 'new and funky' styling or approaches to people, but the game being playable and enjoyable is first and foremost in my mind when we design and improve it.

3 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

I'm afraid the specific leagues which are in the game (and the cost of licenses) isn't something I'm involved in - often such things are partially determined by interest/user base in a specific region and that regions interest to people in other areas, my hope is one day we'll have every league in the world in the game ... but that might be a while in the future ;)

PS - It might interest some people to know that as well as the announced features there will (as usual) be a number of other enhancements present such goal droughts (and related media/effects), the expansion of the game database size (and more national teams manageable because of it) and the optimization of the game engine to make it even faster - these aren't 'exciting' but will help make the game more enjoyable for a people :)

Why not make all leagues available and have them as addons for a specific amount of money?? That would increase the amount of money the game generates

• SI Staff
28 minutes ago, DoneHisCruciate said:

I hope the team talks can still be turned off 🙏 Speeding through a few matches in FMM is its strength and the team talks feel like a chore for me.

Yes team-talks are entirely optional as always (incidentally if you leave them on and just 'continue' through them then they do the neutral one which is exactly what occurs when they're turned off btw - the idea is that they shouldn't be intensive at all because you only really need to do them if you have a strong feeling about what you're seeing on the pitch really and want to praise or abuse the team or an individual).

22 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Yes team-talks are entirely optional as always (incidentally if you leave them on and just 'continue' through them then they do the neutral one which is exactly what occurs when they're turned off btw - the idea is that they shouldn't be intensive at all because you only really need to do them if you have a strong feeling about what you're seeing on the pitch really and want to praise or abuse the team or an individual).

Cool, thanks Marc. I did like the fact that having them off in FMM23 didn’t feel like it impacted my career at all. But yeah it cut down on button clicks too.

Edited by DoneHisCruciate

There’s evolving like beginning to walk on 2 legs and then there’s evolving like developing a slightly longer pinky toe.  FMM is doing more of the latter.  
Is there anything like more options for positions like Mez or WCB, deeper finances, better contract offers and clauses, deeper tactics, control of the reserves, etc, etc, etc.  I haven’t seen anything substantial.  
We can now pat our players on the back and be called a hair dryer.

I mean come on.

Edited by Endymio

• SI Staff
5 minutes ago, Endymio said:

There’s evolving like beginning to walk on 2 legs and then there’s evolving like developing a slightly longer pinky toe.  FMM is doing more of the latter.  
Is there anything like more options for positions like Mez or WCB, deeper finances, better contract offers and clauses, deeper tactics, control of the reserves, etc, etc, etc.  I haven’t seen anything substantial.  
We can now pat our players on the back and be called a hair dryer.

I mean come on.

In all honesty it sounds like you want to play FM PC on a mobile device and I'd recommend you give FMT/C a spin as that is more akin to that version (I've been involved in both versions and am equally passionate about both, I'd prefer everyone to play the version which suits them best tbh, its not possible to make the 'perfect' game which everyone will love and have time to play - hence we do several variants).

31 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

In all honesty it sounds like you want to play FM PC on a mobile device and I'd recommend you give FMT/C a spin as that is more akin to that version (I've been involved in both versions and am equally passionate about both, I'd prefer everyone to play the version which suits them best tbh, its not possible to make the 'perfect' game which everyone will love and have time to play - hence we do several variants).

Absolutely not. I’ve tried Touch and it’s way too much to see/play on a phone and I don’t want to play on PC.

What I want is to purchase a new iteration of FMM with an updated roster and literally anything of substance that makes it something more than just a shiny reskin of FMM23.  Unfortunately none of what I want to happen will come to pass and it’s really too bad cause I’ve bought the game every year since it launched on mobile.

I mean I’m still chuffed that Eastside Hockey Manager 07 got scrapped that’s how long I’ve been playing these games and this is probably the most disappointed I’ve been since that happened.

I would have to agree with others in saying the changes are minimal. I read about the new features and if this years game wasn’t available only through Netflix then I don’t think I would purchase it as there is nothing in the changes made that make me want to buy it or that make it a must buy, I won’t be purchasing it anyway plus I have barely played 23. I have supported the mobile team in the past and won’t criticise them and we all have to appreciate the fact that whatever they decide on doing some will like it and some won’t, it’s like anything else in life. But if sales are down then surely you would want to get sales up again by doing something big? And different? Maybe the reason sales are down is because of the minimal changes each year? If sales go down again with this years game then surely you can’t just make minimal changes for 25? I still don’t believe the mobile game is being pushed anywhere near close to its limits. 

Edited by Hummingbird Saltalamacchia
Spelling

15 hours ago, Endymio said:

Absolutely not. I’ve tried Touch and it’s way too much to see/play on a phone and I don’t want to play on PC.

What I want is to purchase a new iteration of FMM with an updated roster and literally anything of substance that makes it something more than just a shiny reskin of FMM23.  Unfortunately none of what I want to happen will come to pass and it’s really too bad cause I’ve bought the game every year since it launched on mobile.

I mean I’m still chuffed that Eastside Hockey Manager 07 got scrapped that’s how long I’ve been playing these games and this is probably the most disappointed I’ve been since that happened.

I’ve only been playing FMM for about 4 years, but the changes this version (subtle, incremental) seem par for the course.  I don’t know if it was different before that, but I’ve come to not expect a completely new game each year.  And that level of change can lead to poor results—I’ve seen it with other sports franchises before.  

don’t know why anyone expected the approach to change.  

1 hour ago, darthcraven said:

I’ve only been playing FMM for about 4 years, but the changes this version (subtle, incremental) seem par for the course.  I don’t know if it was different before that, but I’ve come to not expect a completely new game each year.  And that level of change can lead to poor results—I’ve seen it with other sports franchises before.  

don’t know why anyone expected the approach to change.  

Don't be mistaken, this is what everyone was expecting. It's just that everyone was hoping for something more. What you have to understand about us long-time fans, is that we've been through a lot. We've seen a lot of big changes. From the introduction of international management (2007) over multi-leagues (2010 I think?) with 3 leagues to more multi-leagues (very recently) and the introduction of a new match engine (2012 or 2013?)... And over the last few years, the big ones have been far fewer and longer in between. Even though devices have been getting exponentially better, the evolution of FMM has slowed down to very incremental improvements. No doubt sales figures have something to do with it - and I'd never fault Marc for hiw hard work and dedication - but I can't deny I'm disappointed by the lack of new additions. Of course, there's the casual gaming element, but still. Women's football is around the corner, hopefully, or something else that would make it wholly new again.

Until then I'm probably leaving this franchise behind for FM Touch - which I've been doing for the past 2 years.

To be fair though, FMM23 is a brilliant game to play and I expect FMM24 will be too.  But if you buy the game year on year it’s never going to be anything other than a football manager game which you’ve already become good at.

You have to turn to the challenges you find on FMMVibe to find a fresh way to play. I wish FMM would tap into that idea a bit more. 

I hope it appeals to the average Netflix casual user so that it has a long term future. But it’s always felt more like a game you turn to once you no longer can commit the time it takes to play FM.

• SI Staff
16 minutes ago, DoneHisCruciate said:

You have to turn to the challenges you find on FMMVibe to find a fresh way to play. I wish FMM would tap into that idea a bit more. 

Any ideas how we could do that - I'm open to the concept somewhat ..

18 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Maybe like a fortnightly challenge with leaderboards?

At our discord servers we have quite a large list of challenges now for people to try,

31 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

I know you pop over to FMMVibe sometimes. They’d probably give you more ideas than you’d want about incorporating challenges. 😂

But you already have the scenario system in place so maybe incorporating the more popular kind of challenges. Getting a player to score a 1000 goals in a career? Win every trophy in the England (or any country) . Take a team from the lowest league to the top in x seasons.

I suppose if you really wanted to push the boat out then the ability to build your own in-game challenges from a range of options. E.g. Set a number of seasons. Set a number of must win trophies. Limit transfers you can make per window. Unable to spend over the wage budget.. etc.. you could really build up the options year on year.

6 hours ago, jens_dewit said:

Don't be mistaken, this is what everyone was expecting. It's just that everyone was hoping for something more. What you have to understand about us long-time fans, is that we've been through a lot. We've seen a lot of big changes. From the introduction of international management (2007) over multi-leagues (2010 I think?) with 3 leagues to more multi-leagues (very recently) and the introduction of a new match engine (2012 or 2013?)... And over the last few years, the big ones have been far fewer and longer in between. Even though devices have been getting exponentially better, the evolution of FMM has slowed down to very incremental improvements. No doubt sales figures have something to do with it - and I'd never fault Marc for hiw hard work and dedication - but I can't deny I'm disappointed by the lack of new additions. Of course, there's the casual gaming element, but still. Women's football is around the corner, hopefully, or something else that would make it wholly new again.

Until then I'm probably leaving this franchise behind for FM Touch - which I've been doing for the past 2 years.

OK that’s fair if the ‘revolutionary’ changes have slowed down.  I expect that is largely sure to financial and business realities of the different versions as well as having a game that’s very good and works… less revolutionary change needed.  From what I see, many of the features often requested would amount to fundamentally changing the game and what it’s supposed to be.  

as was suggested, I think those folks are playing the wrong version!

Hello @Marc Vaughan, any improvements regarding the speed of matches or even the instant result option?

It's the only feature that would truly transform my gaming experience.

Maybe it's not clear, but I really can't spend hours and hours during the week playing games anymore. Maybe that's how it works, aging forces us, it's difficult to make the decision to stop playing a game that I love so much. Maybe I have to admit that long games are not for me anymore. :/

• SI Staff
8 hours ago, brunotoddy said:

Hello @Marc Vaughan, any improvements regarding the speed of matches or even the instant result option?

It's the only feature that would truly transform my gaming experience.

I've had a few people request this and I'm not 100% against the idea, it won't be in the initial version of FMM24, but I'll consider adding it for a new version/update at some point - I'll want to do a lot of testing of how it affects peoples attachment to their games and their playing styles so its not something I'm going to rush into (my initial gut-instinct is this would suit a 'Chairman' style game more more than slotting it into the existing game tbh).

8 hours ago, brunotoddy said:

Maybe it's not clear, but I really can't spend hours and hours during the week playing games anymore. Maybe that's how it works, aging forces us, it's difficult to make the decision to stop playing a game that I love so much. Maybe I have to admit that long games are not for me anymore. :/

I hear you, I love the PC game - but I've a busy life myself which is one of the reasons I made the mobile game, I wanted to be able to continue playing even now I don't have huge amounts of free time.

PS - Watching the Chelsea match today I'm expecting a few of you will have similar 'entertainment' when you send your keepers forward now and again ;)

Something that’s always bothered me about loans, and I wonder if it’s been changed in FMM24 (and if not, please consider for future versions):

it would be great if you could specify the minimum level of league of a loan for a player.  There’s nothing more than having a hot prospect tear up the National League one year and then having to reject countless offers from the north and south leagues the next offseason when I want him to move up a league or two.  It would also be nice if there was an easy way to see what league they were playing in on their current loan—the loan him shows the team name but not what league they are in, which requires several taps and swipes to discern if you don’t already know; and that’s difficult because they move and it could be in a country whose table you don’t know well. 

a slightly related question is the issue of leagues that don’t have simulated matches.  If a player goes on loan to a sufficiently low league that isn’t fully simulated, it shows no fixtures.  In real life those teams obviously play matches (this goes for lower leagues and also the reserve squads for many teams as well).  Do the players on loan develop on those loans, or am I just wasting my time?

thanks

Edited by darthcraven

• SI Staff
21 hours ago, darthcraven said:

Something that’s always bothered me about loans, and I wonder if it’s been changed in FMM24 (and if not, please consider for future versions):

it would be great if you could specify the minimum level of league of a loan for a player.  There’s nothing more than having a hot prospect tear up the National League one year and then having to reject countless offers from the north and south leagues the next offseason when I want him to move up a league or two.  It would also be nice if there was an easy way to see what league they were playing in on their current loan—the loan him shows the team name but not what league they are in, which requires several taps and swipes to discern if you don’t already know; and that’s difficult because they move and it could be in a country whose table you don’t know well. 

That's actually a really interesting idea (setting a minimum level of the loan).

21 hours ago, darthcraven said:

a slightly related question is the issue of leagues that don’t have simulated matches.  If a player goes on loan to a sufficiently low league that isn’t fully simulated, it shows no fixtures.  In real life those teams obviously play matches (this goes for lower leagues and also the reserve squads for many teams as well).  Do the players on loan develop on those loans, or am I just wasting my tim

What happens for inactive leagues is that we simulate the expected league matches in the background and give the players stats from these, because the league doesn't exist the matches are 'approximates' and might not 100% match what would be played during an active season if the league was active ... so yes, players will develop on those loans properly (which is why this is done).

1 hour ago, Marc Vaughan said:

That's actually a really interesting idea (setting a minimum level of the loan).

What happens for inactive leagues is that we simulate the expected league matches in the background and give the players stats from these, because the league doesn't exist the matches are 'approximates' and might not 100% match what would be played during an active season if the league was active ... so yes, players will develop on those loans properly (which is why this is done).

Thanks for the response.  I may stop rejecting those loans out of hand!  

and the minimum level would be great.  For a player to develop, he should want to increase his level each year if he does well!

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Lloyd87 said:

Would love an option for 1st team players not included in the match day squad to be automatically available for reserve games rather than doing each one individually

I'll consider this - but the reason it isn't in the game is that generally reserve games are mid-week and first team games at the weekend so its not really possible to 'know' what the user has planned, ie. would it annoy you if you went to field a player on the Saturday and discovered that he'd played in a reserve match a day or two before?

3 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

I'll consider this - but the reason it isn't in the game is that generally reserve games are mid-week and first team games at the weekend so its not really possible to 'know' what the user has planned, ie. would it annoy you if you went to field a player on the Saturday and discovered that he'd played in a reserve match a day or two before?

Thanks for the reply,being honest yes that sinario would annoy me,it's just sometimes if I've got a big squad I might have 5 or 6 players not in the match day squad every week.out of curiosity does a players transfer value go down if he's in the reserves full time?

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, Lloyd87 said:

Thanks for the reply,being honest yes that sinario would annoy me,it's just sometimes if I've got a big squad I might have 5 or 6 players not in the match day squad every week.out of curiosity does a players transfer value go down if he's in the reserves full time?

The transfer value is the perceived value of a player within the game world, if someone is rotting in the reserves for his side then he's not generally considered part of the first team and is priced appropriately ... so if you dump a first team squad member into the reserves then it will devalue him in the eyes of people, a bit like when a player falls out with his manager in real-life and is forced to train with the reserve team. This doesn't mean you have to let him go cheap, but you can probably expect a few clubs to make a speculative bid just in case you decide its time for him to move on (should generally only be really noticeable for established players obviously).

11 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

The transfer value is the perceived value of a player within the game world, if someone is rotting in the reserves for his side then he's not generally considered part of the first team and is priced appropriately ... so if you dump a first team squad member into the reserves then it will devalue him in the eyes of people, a bit like when a player falls out with his manager in real-life and is forced to train with the reserve team. This doesn't mean you have to let him go cheap, but you can probably expect a few clubs to make a speculative bid just in case you decide its time for him to move on (should generally only be really noticeable for established players obviously).

This got me thinking about one other thing… it would be nice to see a player’s value over time.  A graph or some such, perhaps with points highlighted for sale prices when the player was sold.  I would find it fun to watch the value fluctuate, especially for youth players and also to see how you’ve made out with selling on players for profit.  

Can you announce some additions to the game that were not revealed in the announcement of the main news? I am very curious to know some of them, because usually these small additions always end up making the game more interesting, they have already talked about the increase in the database, and this is already a very exciting novelty, but I would like to know more.. thank you

• SI Staff
13 minutes ago, Eduardo Cunha said:

Can you announce some additions to the game that were not revealed in the announcement of the main news? I am very curious to know some of them, because usually these small additions always end up making the game more interesting, they have already talked about the increase in the database, and this is already a very exciting novelty, but I would like to know more.. thank you

I've mentioned a few things already (new referee instructions (ie. what has happened in the Premiership with additional extra time), Goal Droughts, Increased players in database & national teams available to be managed ... but tbh I think some of the 'fun' is people discovering things as they play so I don't want to go through things in minute detail and explain every new media item etc. ... sometimes its more enjoyable to discover things yourself?

6 horas atrás, Marc Vaughan disse:

I've mentioned a few things already (new referee instructions (ie. what has happened in the Premiership with additional extra time), Goal Droughts, Increased players in database & national teams available to be managed ... but tbh I think some of the 'fun' is people discovering things as they play so I don't want to go through things in minute detail and explain every new media item etc. ... sometimes its more enjoyable to discover things yourself?

Yes, you're right! The anxiety of playing and discovering the new additions is so great, that I want to discover everything and make the most of this magnificent game

@Marc Vaughan

Hiya mate I'm off FMvibe, actually looking forward to this game next Monday. Think with ovs the new features, bigger DB, it will actually be a decent game. Just hope this continues in the future as I can't see me playing anything else on my phone. I've got the FM23 on my PS5, and I was totally blown away! Just amazing, how far games have come. And I truly believe, with the mobile, it could turn out to be a really good game with just a little effort. Everybody uses mobiles more these days then anything