Cd keys. Beta

Fuming bought off cdkeys at time only one version out so I assumed it came with beta release. Now weeks later they’ve release another version for £3 more stating early release. Screwed now I guess! And they won’t do anything about it. I offered to pay the extra for another code. Think there’s a chance it’ll unlock anyways on beta day ? Ha

51 minutes ago, daveh83 said:

Fuming bought off cdkeys at time only one version out so I assumed it came with beta release. Now weeks later they’ve release another version for £3 more stating early release. Screwed now I guess! And they won’t do anything about it. I offered to pay the extra for another code. Think there’s a chance it’ll unlock anyways on beta day ? Ha

Think I bought it off there a few years ago and it included beta

1 hour ago, daveh83 said:

Do you already have the game in your Steam library?

35 minutes ago, daveh83 said:

Ye and then week later this new one came out with early release ! So dunno mine will unlock on beta day. 

If you already have the key and it's in your Steam account it *should* unlock on Beta day but I couldn't 100% swear to it.

Edited by kevhamster

42 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

If you already have the key and it's in your Steam account it *should* unlock on Beta day but I couldn't 100% swear to it.

Dunno why they have now brought out a new one for £3 more saying early release 

9 hours ago, daveh83 said:

Dunno why they have now brought out a new one for £3 more saying early release 

They operate in an allegedly grey area of legality, so perhaps a scheme to get users to pay more?

Steam won't be able to differentiate between a copy sold as 'early access' and one that's not. The only difference between them is when you receive your key.

If you've already received it and activated it on Steam, you'll get beta access.

2 minutes ago, SuperRedditch said:

Steam won't be able to differentiate between a copy sold as 'early access' and one that's not. The only difference between them is when you receive your key.

If you've already received it and activated it on Steam, you'll get beta access.

Hope so mate and if that’s the case I’ll never be buying from them again awful that milking ppl of extra money. 

34 minutes ago, daveh83 said:

But am screwed unless I buy a new code with “early access” am guessing ?

Who knows? That's the issue with buying for any non-approved retailers, you don't know what you are getting. That's why SEGA has an approved partner list (as I posted above), as they state there

If you purchase your SEGA products from an unauthorised retailer, there is a risk that the product may be defective or unlawfully obtained. SEGA’s policy is to uphold product warranties, and to perform services on products, purchased from authorised retailers only. SEGA also reserves its right to disable digital keys that have been obtained unlawfully by unauthorised distributors, without any further liability.

So if you buy from any shady place that has gotten the keys "unlawfully", the codes can be disabled. Of course, that's the worst case scenario, and I'm not saying that will happen with that store, but that is a risk since you don't know about how they get the keys. I bought a key from CD Keys a long time ago, and it was just a shady picture of an activation code. And when I typed it in, I was told it was already in use, so I had to contact them and go through a whole process, and eventually I got a new code a few weeks later. This was not for FM, but another game, just to be clear. Haven't used them since then, since that was not exactly how I wanted it. And only to save a pound or two.

Hopefully, your code will work in Steam and you'll have access, but this is the risk one takes when buying away from the approved list, so you do so at your own risk.

20 minutes ago, daveh83 said:

Hope so mate and if that’s the case I’ll never be buying from them again awful that milking ppl of extra money. 

Sounds like a really shady practice.

It's the new in thing to charge for early access so I imagine some genius thought they were missing out on a few quid and brought in the early access tier and they'll email keys out for the cheaper option on release.

if you've already got a key and activated it you are golden.

I don't think CDkeys is 'shady'. I have bought from them FM15, FM17, FM19, FM23 and now FM24 and I have never had issues with any of them, although I don't recall if any of those were good for beta releases. But I can live without the 2 weeks extra (buggy) gameplay, when the price is ~20 EUR less (FM24 I got for 34.79 EUR, retail price is 53.99 EUR).

16 horas atrás, daveh83 disse:

Never had issues with cdkeys and i buy games from them for about 6/7 years

But hey, you cannot assume something without information! If there was no info on beta you should have asked them if that version was with beta

By the time you got the code and activated on Steam as you said, certainly they will not give you another code just for pay extra, not cdkeys not anybody

But, i know some guys who brought the FM23 in same conditions (no info about the beta) and they had beta, so i hope it goes green to you to!

I've used CD Keys for several years. Completely reliable, fast service, always cheaper than Steam or other retailers.

I'm sorry for the thread starter that you didn't get Beta. But just from my POV it was clearly indicated, two options, one with beta one without - the latter being slightly cheaper.

1 hour ago, Lord Rowell said:

I've used CD Keys for several years. Completely reliable, fast service, always cheaper than Steam or other retailers.

I'm sorry for the thread starter that you didn't get Beta. But just from my POV it was clearly indicated, two options, one with beta one without - the latter being slightly cheaper.

Not when I first purchased !!! U need to read properly. 

1 hour ago, Lord Rowell said:

And who says am not getting beta??? I have the key entered and fully on my steam like last poster said it’s likely I’ll get it coz it’s all verified. Please read the whole thread before posting. 

5 hours ago, BuDbuD said:

Most CD key sites aren't shady at all. If the game is in your Steam library you will have beta access like the rest of us.

This is really not true.  A number of the larger digital game sales platforms are questionable - especially the ones that will list several sellers when looking up a specific game.  These are known as grey market resellers.  Not strictly illegal, but they seem to do minimal checks as to where people obtained the keys they're selling so when buying the keys there's a chance they were sourced illegally.  Ask youself, why would these sites need to sell, at an extra cost, a "buyer protection" in case there's a problem with the key?  CD Keys are included in that bracket, along with other large players such as Kinguin, G2A and Allkeyshop.

Your best bet for checking a site is 100% legitimate, is checking Publisher sites for authorised retailers.

Or, if you want a quick way to look, any site listed at https://isthereanydeal.com/ is 100% legitimate and not a grey market reseller.  

1 hour ago, kevhamster said:

This is really not true.  A number of the larger digital game sales platforms are questionable - especially the ones that will list several sellers when looking up a specific game.  These are known as grey market resellers.  Not strictly illegal, but they seem to do minimal checks as to where people obtained the keys they're selling so when buying the keys there's a chance they were sourced illegally.  Ask youself, why would these sites need to sell, at an extra cost, a "buyer protection" in case there's a problem with the key?  CD Keys are included in that bracket, along with other large players such as Kinguin, G2A and Allkeyshop.

Your best bet for checking a site is 100% legitimate, is checking Publisher sites for authorised retailers.

Or, if you want a quick way to look, any site listed at https://isthereanydeal.com/ is 100% legitimate and not a grey market reseller.  

Not to mention that most of these sites have cd keys bought with stolen credit cards or have stolen keys.

2 hours ago, daveh83 said:

And who says am not getting beta??? I have the key entered and fully on my steam like last poster said it’s likely I’ll get it coz it’s all verified. Please read the whole thread before posting. 

For someone who came on here asking for advice and assistance, you're being quite hostile

2 hours ago, daveh83 said:

Brother, I thought this whole discussion started because you thought you wont get beta right?.

45 minutes ago, -Jef- said:

Not to mention that most of these sites have cd keys bought with stolen credit cards or have stolen keys.

That goes into my point with the buyers protection thing for issues with any purchased keys.

8 minutes ago, Alekos said:

The cheaper version at their site says that-----> NOTE: EARLY ACCESS IS NOT INCLUDED FOR THIS EDITION

That’s my understanding but like others have said I already have the code and it’s on my steam ? So am confused ?? Is there special keys for beta?

Alright, think this thread has run it's course. OP has gotten some feedback and there has been a nice discussion about grey markets. So closing this off before it turns sour.

• XaW locked this topic