343 - final third setup

Hi folks,

[FM23]
I'm trying to create something new for me - 343 formation but the final third is a hard nut to crack for me because of the players I have in my team. It's mostly bout: how to utilize Target man and AM(su) it this setup.

20231005_193853.jpg.f47a54e771dc8cba218a85312519cfe7.jpg

ACM L my POV is Shadow Striker here. I have 2 very good players but they have some shortcomings that discourage me from using this role. The idea is that ACM L is the most forward one and attacks from deep on the field.
So maybe Trequartista?

ACM R is born to be AM(su)

Another way is to play 2x ST and 1xACM

20231005_193840.jpg.de02be4ed3a9a236a11916468cbfc55d.jpg

AM + TM + Poacher/AF/PF (a)?

Formation (it's only outline):

Spoiler

Screenshot_20231005-221622_Chrome.thumb.jpg.38f3f61d50dc66d1c160b9b1be226d28.jpg

I want to utilize my top TM who is top header and two WBs with their great crossing skills.

Cheers!

Edited by Chiravilla

5 hours ago, Chiravilla said:

Hi folks,

[FM23]
I'm trying to create something new for me - 343 formation but the final third is a hard nut to crack for me because of the players I have in my team. It's mostly bout: how to utilize Target man and AM(su) it this setup.

20231005_193853.jpg.f47a54e771dc8cba218a85312519cfe7.jpg

ACM L my POV is Shadow Striker here. I have 2 very good players but they have some shortcomings that discourage me from using this role. The idea is that ACM L is the most forward one and attacks from deep on the field.
So maybe Trequartista?

ACM R is born to be AM(su)

Another way is to play 2x ST and 1xACM

20231005_193840.jpg.de02be4ed3a9a236a11916468cbfc55d.jpg

AM + TM + Poacher/AF/PF (a)?

Formation (it's only outline):

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20231005-221622_Chrome.thumb.jpg.38f3f61d50dc66d1c160b9b1be226d28.jpg

I want to utilize my top TM who is top header and two WBs with their great crossing skills.

Cheers!

What are your lines like?

Both approaches can work. 4-3-4 looks to control the center of the park and you'll lose that heavy overload with the Poacher TF combo, but be more of a threat in behind. Two of the front three on attack duties should keep the goals ticking over either way.

Edited by Cloud9

10 minutes ago, kingjericho said:

I'd go first of all for a TM on Attack. He still offers support and uses his strength to hold up the ball.

Absolutely! I wouldn't want a TF(S) leading my attack, I wouldn't want a lone TF either to be honest

I'd go for the combo of:

P(A) TF(A) 

AM(S) 

But try them out @Chiravilla, all part of the FM fun trying out different combinations :thup:

I‘m sure you heard it before @Chiravilla one scorer, one scorer/ creator and a pure creator.

The TM(A) is a scorer creator, the SS the out and out scorer I‘d say an AP(S) or if no suited player available an AM(S) but I‘d look for good movement, anticipation, composure, vision, passing and balance for a useful AP(S) 

Hi, thanks for all your inputs and advise. Unfortunately, I have a very limited time to play but I menaged to test several solutions in the preseason and a few league matches.

I found bdalance in the TM(a) + AM (a) + AM (s) and Target Man works great. SS (instead of AM(a) also was good but his impact for game was something different what I expected). However, things happens and my striker is injured for 5 months. 

I changed the formation to 2strikers: AM(s), PF(a), AF(a). I have to wait for the result.

Cheers!