Your Manager's Personality

Hi all I have just noticed you can view your manager's personality on the season preview page.

In a previous save personality was 'slack' and in my current save it is 'fairly ambitious'.

I am curious to find out what determines a manager's personality and what your manager has?

58 minutes ago, GS_Ball said:

Hi all I have just noticed you can view your manager's personality on the season preview page.

In a previous save personality was 'slack' and in my current save it is 'fairly ambitious'.

I am curious to find out what determines a manager's personality and what your manager has?

You can do it as well from Staff > Coaching Team > Add Column in view "Personality".

Same as players and other staff. Determination, Professionalism, Loyalty and so on.

1 hour ago, GS_Ball said:

Yeah i'm not sure exactly what determins it to be honest.  I'm guessing a lot of it is how you deal with the press maybe?

I'm Fairly Determined at the moment but for 10 seasons or so it had me down as Spineless.  Wasn't overly happy with that tbh.  I would have complained about it but I didn't want to bother anyone  :D

10 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

The question i have is what effects does this have on gameplay? Seems like this along with our characteristics is just visual.

Here's me at the start of my save. I give myself the worst possible attributes and personality. For the first few months, players don't listen to you in team talks, and don't like your training. But as long as you get adequate results, the effects don't last long at all. The only lingering effect as far as I can tell is that the board never meet your requests.

manager profile.jpg

41 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Here's me at the start of my save. I give myself the worst possible attributes and personality. For the first few months, players don't listen to you in team talks, and don't like your training. But as long as you get adequate results, the effects don't last long at all. The only lingering effect as far as I can tell is that the board never meet your requests.

manager profile.jpg

Yeah, attributes have an effect on the things you mentioned, but I am speaking on characteristics. I would hope that these are more than visual and have some benefits & risks associated with them. For example, not being loyal to players should make it harder to attract them to the club if they know you operate with a high turnover rate.

Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 10.20.22 PM.png

5 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

manager profile.jpg

Board not listening to you is because of your low determination. I dont know how much manager determination can increase. Anyone knows?

11 minutes ago, Dreambuilder said:

Board not listening to you is because of your low determination. I dont know how much manager determination can increase. Anyone knows?

I know determination can increase but not sure how.

Working with youngsters doesn't change so I set it at 20 when I create my manager.

17 minutes ago, GS_Ball said:

Working with youngsters doesn't change so I set it at 20 when I create my manager.

If you interact with youths, it is increasing. :brock: It's not a quick process from the other hand.

19 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

If you interact with youths, it is increasing. :brock: It's not a quick process from the other hand.

I always thought it couldn't increase but if it does that's great.

Edited by GS_Ball

Just now, GS_Ball said:

I always thought it couldn't increase but if it does that's great

I think I've gotten every attribute up close to 20, except for Adaptability... I've only played one-club saves, so it might go up if you manage in many different countries.

1 minute ago, XaW said:

I think I've gotten every attribute up close to 20, except for Adaptability... I've only played one-club saves, so it might go up if you manage in many different countries.

Adaptability was another attribute that didn't change on my save although, like you, I play one club saves too.

On 06/10/2023 at 02:09, GS_Ball said:

WWY definitely changes for your manager (though not for other staff).  They seem to have nerfed the WWY progression in FM23 as it was always my manager's first attribute to get maxed out in prior games but has been one of the last in FM23. 

As for Determination, simply ask your board for something every chance you get whether it be a leadership course for your players or training facility upgrade.  Every interaction with your board gives you a chance for your Determination stat to increase, especially the ones where you have to argue with the board over the ask.  Your manager will also receive boosts to Determination through taking coaching courses but depending on how low you set your starting Determination, it might not be enough to hit 20 without the additional work of constantly asking for things from the board. 

As for Adaptability, it has always been a fixed stat for your manager for as long as I can remember but strangely, other staff members seem to have no problem raising their own stat. This never made sense to me and might just be a long running bug that has never been fixed.  

On 11/10/2023 at 23:10, rsihn said:

WWY definitely changes for your manager (though not for other staff).  They seem to have nerfed the WWY progression in FM23 as it was always my manager's first attribute to get maxed out in prior games but has been one of the last in FM23. 

As for Determination, simply ask your board for something every chance you get whether it be a leadership course for your players or training facility upgrade.  Every interaction with your board gives you a chance for your Determination stat to increase, especially the ones where you have to argue with the board over the ask.  Your manager will also receive boosts to Determination through taking coaching courses but depending on how low you set your starting Determination, it might not be enough to hit 20 without the additional work of constantly asking for things from the board. 

As for Adaptability, it has always been a fixed stat for your manager for as long as I can remember but strangely, other staff members seem to have no problem raising their own stat. This never made sense to me and might just be a long running bug that has never been fixed.  

Very useful to know thank you.

• 6 months later...

My manager profile is fairly loyal, any tips to get it to professional? Because i guess it affects the general squad personality since i am at top of the hierachy pyramid?