Please recommend league to manage in

Dear All,

Since CM 92/32 i almost always played English leagues, but (better later than never :-) ) decided to try something new, and in FM 22 managed in Italy. But, after couple of seasons game became really boring, as all top teams had sold their best players and started to sign average ability ones, so winning was not a problem at all.

I have no complains, it's curretnt reality, but could you recommend Germany, Spain i.e., or the situation there is nearly the same, or mb it is uninteresting competitions due to just a couple of strong teams.

You may say - try yourself, and be absolutely right, but the problem is - i have 1-2 free hours per week (if it's rather easy week) for computer games, so when i realised that Italy is not for me, it took about a year for completeng 2 seasons.

So guys, could you please write your thought about playing in Germany or Spain, or better to stay in England.

Many thanks in advance,

J.

England is one of the most time-consuming leagues because of the congested calendar. Italy's seasons are easier to go by because there is only the league and the cup.

As an alternative you can try peripheric league like Norway, Serbia, or Croatia. The calendar is lighter and they are great fun to manage and discover hidden gems.

Thanks a lot guys!!! But what about German in Spanish leagues, when you reach their top tier - are they competiteve in the game? Do these leagues hold their stars or sell them abroad?

Edited by Jaime

Brazil.

• A lot of games, in fact you have no time to play friendly games. Games of state leagues in January - March, and other year for Serie A/B/C, Copa Brazil and SA Cups.
  • You have the limit for foreign players
  • Add top 6-8 of UEFA federations as playable, and you will hate transfer windows
  • Brazilian clubs pretty rich, top clubs have ~35-40 mln euro per year just for TV broadcasting.
  • Excellent opportunity to use players of all ages from 16 to 36+ years old

At some point this will become easy, since the AI has a hard time keeping up with the constant sale of stars. But this is a very rich and interesting league

17 часов назад, Jaime сказал:

Thanks a lot guys!!! But what about German in Spanish leagues, when you reach their top tier - are they competiteve in the game? Do these leagues hold their stars or sell them abroad?

Spain has a terrible salary cap rule. Besides the fact that it kills the competition, it is implemented disgustingly in FM22, and I had to remove it in the editor. I didn’t play FM23 so I can say about the salary cap in this version.

German clubs are rich, especially stable and top ones.

Can’t recommend Germany enough, the constant battle to topple Bayern is always fun. In my current save they are close to signing Haaland which will make an already overpowered squad unbelievably good. 

Dortmund always do well in my saves over there also. Fun league with not much fixture congestion. Plus the Cup is extremely fun and something I’ve always gone for every save. 

2 часа назад, MarvBAFC сказал:

Can’t recommend Germany enough, the constant battle to topple Bayern is always fun. In my current save they are close to signing Haaland which will make an already overpowered squad unbelievably good. 

Dortmund always do well in my saves over there also. Fun league with not much fixture congestion. Plus the Cup is extremely fun and something I’ve always gone for every save. 

I love playing with the German update to D6. The breakthrough from the lower leagues to professional D3 seems especially interesting here. 

Germany is probably what your looking for - less games thus quicker seasons, still able to attract decent players, but the stronge  teams usuallly remain strong, but the mid table teams are also fairly strong, even when mismanaged by the AI.

France once it reshuffles is basically the same but less money floating around.

Finland play fewer games in total including the cups

On 05/10/2023 at 13:15, Novem9 said:

Brazil.

• A lot of games, in fact you have no time to play friendly games. Games of state leagues in January - March, and other year for Serie A/B/C, Copa Brazil and SA Cups.
  • You have the limit for foreign players
  • Add top 6-8 of UEFA federations as playable, and you will hate transfer windows
  • Brazilian clubs pretty rich, top clubs have ~35-40 mln euro per year just for TV broadcasting.
  • Excellent opportunity to use players of all ages from 16 to 36+ years old

At some point this will become easy, since the AI has a hard time keeping up with the constant sale of stars. But this is a very rich and interesting league

Can be a bit of a slog Brazil. I tend to instant result the state championship games, throw in the Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana games and you could be looking at a week or more IRL to finish a season

3 часа назад, bigmattb28 сказал:

Can be a bit of a slog Brazil. I tend to instant result the state championship games, throw in the Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana games and you could be looking at a week or more IRL to finish a season

So does Colombia. Apertura + Clausura, each with two stages + two finals. Cup with home/away games + Libertadores/Sudamericana. But it has a certain charm, I think.

The difference is that Colombian clubs are quite poor.

Regarding the state leagues, I agree, in many ways they are not very competitive and can be easy trophies. I see them as a more interesting option for pre-season friendlies

Edited by Novem9