It had to happen!!!

I’ve deleted my FM 23 save.

FM24 has been pre-purchased and hoping to be playing the beta in 3 weeks!

Has anyone else called time on their FM23 saves? 

I just couldn’t motivate myself to play it with the new release so close 😅

Dropped my FM23 save in July after a crash. Wasn't invested enough in it to see if the crash was a one time thing and the save was able to continue or not.

I wouldn't delete it though. That just seems like a weird thing to do. You can never go back to it then. I've reloaded some saves in very old FMs before just to have a look at my old teams/players etc.

1 minute ago, rusty217 said:

Dropped my FM23 save in July after a crash. Wasn't invested enough in it to see if the crash was a one time thing and the save was able to continue or not.

I wouldn't delete it though. That just seems like a weird thing to do. You can never go back to it then. I've reloaded some saves in very old FMs before just to have a look at my old teams/players etc.

To each their own. I don’t see the value of revisiting any of my old saves when I have  a newer, better version. It’s like going back to use a first generation smartphone. Most people wouldn’t 

11 minutes ago, Globall said:

To each their own. I don’t see the value of revisiting any of my old saves when I have  a newer, better version. It’s like going back to use a first generation smartphone. Most people wouldn’t 

Hardware isn't really the same as software. Not as easy to keep older stuff.

But if I still had a working first generation ipod or something I would absolutely go back to that! I hate what's become of modern music players :(

25 minutes ago, busngabb said:

I'm close to doing so. Love FM, but 23 has some majorly annoying bits. Currently being terrored by players who claim they aren't happy with their gametime, who the physios tell me are dying of fatigue and need a rest. Which one is it?

Agreed. It was the right time to bail out having won the league the season before.  

3 hours ago, Globall said:

Same. Planning a long term save and figured I would only have time for like 5 seasons before FM24. I always start a new save in a new edition. Updated database etc.

17 minutes ago, Dreambuilder said:

Same. Planning a long term save and figured I would only have time for like 5 seasons before FM24. I always start a new save in a new edition. Updated database etc.

Excellent! I’m all for starting afresh with updated databases! Rude not to … haha

usually i start a save, play a fair few years n get bored n re-start it. I like building stuff over winning stuff.. managed to find a good balance of that however on current save and into late 2057 atm and still finding enjoyment in it. 

13 hours ago, rinso said:

usually i start a save, play a fair few years n get bored n re-start it. I like building stuff over winning stuff.. managed to find a good balance of that however on current save and into late 2057 atm and still finding enjoyment in it. 

Who are you?

23 hours ago, rinso said:

Same, I haven't lost interest in my Portimonense save (1st save and only one so far) where I've somehow won everything (except CL :D ) so many times I've lost track. Then went finally to EPL to the worst Liverpool imaginable (or else they'd never hire me I think) to win the title and the CL. None of those things are happening so far, however rebuilding goes well. Do you really start over the same save? This is the thing I never do.

On 02/10/2023 at 11:08, Globall said:

I still have some of my saves from Championship Manager 03/04 lol

On 02/10/2023 at 12:08, Globall said:

I recently went back to look at saves all the way back to FM08 when i first started archiving them.  A lovely bit of nostalgia.  Can highly reccommend.