The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

Just now, gunner86 said:

From what I understand, they’re fairly straightforward languages in terms of rules and tenses etc. Except Finnish, that’s in a world of its own (well it’s similar to Hungarian but I don’t understand that either)

Finland isn't in Scandinavia! Fennoskandia, sure, but not Scandinavia. Only Sweden, Denmark, and Norway. The Finns are, well, many speak Swedish, so you can understand what they say that way! :p

Verbs are easy, but tenses can be a bit tricky at times due to rules not being followed all the times, but not impossible.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From watching the Alpha content I'm already sick of inverted full backs and liberos.

Should be absolutely impossible for lower / non-league sides to move off the ball like Man City but I fear it will work as well at all levels just like the dreaded Gegenpressing. 

Just now, workthespace said:

The hate is far and few between to be honest and I'm used to it, this forum is tame compared to some places! Most of you are absolutely great, I enjoy this thread every year as a lurker and I'm fully aware I and potentially all 'influencers' (I hate that word) aren't going to be some people's cup of tea.

Sometimes the ignorance and confidence in incorrect takes from some people is a little silly and even frustrating. Maybe I shouldn't care, but I like to correct them on it in the hope it provides some clarity and stops any misinformation. Realise that is probably a losing battle on the internet but it doesn't mean I won't try!

It's Tame because Opinions that dont suit the narative are consistently removed without reason or informed. If a comment broke house rules surely there would be informative response from a moderator for such reply being removed.....not the case on this forum.

1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

Damn, I thought they would. 

Ok, enough now, please, final warning before I start loading the catapult.

And that goes for everyone else too....

1 minute ago, rdbayly said:

From watching the Alpha content I'm already sick of inverted full backs and liberos.

Should be absolutely impossible for lower / non-league sides to move off the ball like Man City but I fear it will work as well at all levels just like the dreaded Gegenpressing. 

People are just pushing those because new and shiny.

Perhaps wait for the game to launch before assuming how things will be.

2 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

I don't understand how people get enjoyment from playing plug and play tactics from forums etc I have refused to play Gegenpress for last 4 years out of principle as it's been so over powered it feels like cheating to me. I suspect this new Inverted and Libero will be the same. I like the positional changes and I guess that comes with the new roles involvement. 

5 minutes ago, XaW said:

Finland isn't in Scandinavia! Fennoskandia, sure, but not Scandinavia. Only Sweden, Denmark, and Norway. The Finns are, well, many speak Swedish, so you can understand what they say that way! :p

Verbs are easy, but tenses can be a bit tricky at times due to rules not being followed all the times, but not impossible.

I’ve always found language fascinating. I like English because it contains so many root langauges due to the amount of different groups that have held the island over all the years it developed.

Just now, gunner86 said:

I’ve always found language fascinating. I like English because it contains so many root langauges due to the amount of different groups that have held the island over all the years it developed.

Considering a third (or something like that) of all English words have Nordic roots, you'd likely see a lot of words you recognize! :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_words_of_Old_Norse_origin

1 minute ago, XaW said:

Yeeting has started now, so a few people will not be attending anymore. Anyone else looking for a swift exit?

I have a friend called beta who wants to be let out

2 minutes ago, styluz05 said:

I don't understand how people get enjoyment from playing plug and play tactics from forums etc I have refused to play Gegenpress for last 4 years out of principle as it's been so over powered it feels like cheating to me. I suspect this new Inverted and Libero will be the same. I like the positional changes and I guess that comes with the new roles involvement. 

To be honest I’ve been using plug and plays for the last 2/3 fms mostly due to the fact that my laptop keeps micro freezing so trying to watch a tactic to see how it plays has been nearly impossible as every 15-20 seconds it freezes and then skips forward by like 10 seconds.

For FM24 I went and brought a new gaming laptop so from now on it’s full on creating tactics only for me

1 minute ago, josh.miller92 said:

Can we alll sloooow down on posting please so I can win my £100 great British pounds? Goshhh so selfish 

I thought you started that? You're the one who's supposed to be giving the £100 away!

6 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

6 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Dutch is an interesting one. Most of the words are very similar to English, but the occasional word or so is completely insane. The word one is een but the word please is alsjebleift!

Edited by Chelsea1903

Back to the streamers - in a positive way.

i don’t get to watch much but was it WorktheSpace during a streamer showdown who screamed out Julian Brandt in full German accent when he scored? Cause that was absolutely hilarious, pretty sure I was watching Zealand at the time and you could just hear it over what Zealand was saying

1 minute ago, Zeonflux said:

i don’t get to watch much but was it WorktheSpace during a streamer showdown who screamed out Julian Brandt in full German accent when he scored? Cause that was absolutely hilarious, pretty sure I was watching Zealand at the time and you could just hear it over what Zealand was saying

Also his own FA Cup theme tune was also a highlight.

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Also his own FA Cup theme tune was also a highlight.

OMG the FA Cup theme tune - that's etched so far into my brain as soon as the FA Cup is referenced I start thinking about that

Edited by bowieinspace

4 minutes ago, Chelsea1903 said:

Dutch is an interesting one. Most of the words are very similar to English, but the occasional word or so is completely insane. The word one is een but the word please is alsjebleift!

I work with some Dutch guys. Sounds about right :lol:

9 minutes ago, Chelsea1903 said:

Dutch sounds like Norwegian, but just jumbled up words. The cadence is strikingly similar.

4 minutes ago, XaW said:

Dutch sounds like Norwegian, but just jumbled up words. The cadence is strikingly similar.

I've always thought this too. 

Btw, long shot here, but since you are Norwegian, do you happen to know of a TV show called Dag with Atle Antonsen? I watched it years ago and for the life of me cannot find it anywhere with English subs. Really liked it and would love to see it again. 

1 minute ago, Domoboy23 said:

I've been hit by the flu. Normally this would be ideal bed rest. But I've been hit so hard I don't think I can cope with a laptop in front of me :lol:

There isn't beta. But you can rest and be beta for advance access tomorrow 

Edited by nunch98

22 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

i don’t get to watch much but was it WorktheSpace during a streamer showdown who screamed out Julian Brandt in full German accent when he scored? Cause that was absolutely hilarious

I need to find this 😂😂

Just now, Tikka Mezzala said:

I've always thought this too. 

Btw, long shot here, but since you are Norwegian, do you happen to know of a TV show called Dag with Atle Antonsen? I watched it years ago and for the life of me cannot find it anywhere with English subs. Really liked it and would love to see it again. 

Yeah, know the show and saw the first season or so. Tried a search around, but can't see it available on stream anywhere now... Also looked for places that sell it on physical media, but nothing... No clue why sorry.

1 minute ago, thomas_e said:

Dutch sounds like Norwegian? What kind of crazy Norwegian acccent is that?

Not the language itself, but the cadence and flow of how they talk. If you don't really listen and only hear it as background noise, it could go as Norwegian.

Just now, XaW said:

Not the language itself, but the cadence and flow of how they talk. If you don't really listen and only hear it as background noise, it could go as Norwegian.

Ok, but not more so than other West Germanic languages. My whole family speaks Dutch (we are Norwegian), but i cant say there are many similarities. But maybe someone with English as their mother tongue (obviously also Germanic language, but a different branch) will consider them similar