The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, samrnpage said:

I wouldn't bother with these people. There are a generation of older people who don't understand how big youtube is, the numbers it pulls in. When I told my grandparents how many views people like Mr.Beast get they spat their drink out. There are entire live TV shows that dont get as many views as a FM youtuber on a per episode basis

I am of the older generation, and I watch youtube-creators. I think you are over-generalizing the age factor in who watches what. I used to watch FM-Youtube up until a couple of years ago, but have lost interest lately due to the larger focus on shorter running series, which is outside of my interest, but that is neither here nor there. I do think however that the hate focused on these youtubers are ridiculous. People are acting like they are somehow stealing from their gametime. This thread, which every year has been filled with lighthearted fun, has this year been swamped with negative people who clearly are missing the point. Sad really.

1 hour ago, jlammi said:

whats your bowling one game record? mines 296.

Bowling a 296 is tough.  What did you leave on the last ball?

I've bowled a 300.  Now I will sound a bit braggy.  I've done it four times with the last time being about a month ago.  

4 minutes ago, bowieinspace said:

Don’t forget when the beta releases and you’re downloading it, you have to wait until it’s finished - don’t resign half way through!

The greatest moment in FM history is that moment.

Edit - @kevhamster beat me to it. 

Such a funny moment. I litereally nearly wet myself laughing. when it happened.

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

1 minute ago, Zeonflux said:

The amount of people complaining about YouTubers and streamers getting early access, don’t know how the games industry works?

I'm not complaining but I don't think what SI are doing is really selling many extra copies. If it was they'd be paying them to play it, not just giving them a beta and letting them talk about 3 or 4 points they've already spoken about in blogs and their own media.

3 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Like most languages, I only really know bad words. And for Norwegian that’s one phrase. Jeg is I though. I guess meningen is meaning. So “I something something, but what is the meaning of it”?

Jeg - skjønner - ordene - men - ikke - helt - meningen - og - konteksten - bak - det.

I - understand - the words - but - not - completely - the meaning - and - the context - behind - it.

This has been my course in Intro to Norwegian, please like and subscribe.

4 minutes ago, workthespace said:

Not even on these forums am I safe from resigning banter.

You should be resigned to it by now certainly.

Thank you for all the great content - that moment was probably the funniest fm moment I’ve seen and that network game was some of the best laughs I’ve had on twitch.

3 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I'm not complaining but I don't think what SI are doing is really selling many extra copies. If it was they'd be paying them to play it, not just giving them a beta and letting them talk about 3 or 4 points they've already spoken about in blogs and their own media.

I think SI would have some metrics about the impact this has on hype and sales.  And let's be honest, having more eyes on the game in this manner hardly harms sales.

They will have done their due dilligence and know their business better than any of us.

3 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

So your advice would be to not give alpha access to big members of the FM community because in your opinion is does sell many extra copies and do what exactly? Just release the beta slightly earlier? I mean if that’s the point your getting at that’s worse for them as a business 

3 minutes ago, XaW said:

Jeg - skjønner - ordene - men - ikke - helt - meningen - og - konteksten - bak - det.

I - understand - the words - but - not - completely - the meaning - and - the context - behind - it.

This has been my course in Intro to Norwegian, please like and subscribe.

I don’t think I did terribly myself. Considering all my other language skill is  in the romantics. Not yet learned any of the Nordics, which as I have vaguely Swedish heritage is… disappointing.

2 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

So your advice would be to not give alpha access to big members of the FM community because in your opinion is does sell many extra copies and do what exactly? Just release the beta slightly earlier? I mean if that’s the point your getting at that’s worse for them as a business 

Not really my point at all. Whilst I'm not massive on access media  I don't really care that studios do it. I'd do the same if I was SI, especially at such a small cost.

Edited by KeiranShikari

8 minutes ago, workthespace said:

Not even on these forums am I safe from resigning banter.

I don't get the hate, find it a bit weird. Im 39 and enjoy watching gaming videos on youtube and twitch. Love the away days as well you done last year 

9 minutes ago, Dadecane said:

So fwiw, FM twitter just “unpinned” the tweet they had pinned which was the youtuve video with new festures recap. Almost as if theyre about to pin a new tweet…

its out tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

2 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

I don’t think I did terribly myself. Considering all my other language skill is  in the romantics. Not yet learned any of the Nordics, which as I have vaguely Swedish heritage is… disappointing.

You know, if you learn one of the Skandi languages, you can somewhat understand the other two, so it's essentially 3 languages in one. So you can all yourself a polyglot and be right! :D 

3 minutes ago, XaW said:

You know, if you learn one of the Skandi languages, you can somewhat understand the other two, so it's essentially 3 languages in one. So you can all yourself a polyglot and be right! :D 

From what I understand, they’re fairly straightforward languages in terms of rules and tenses etc. Except Finnish, that’s in a world of its own (well it’s similar to Hungarian but I don’t understand that either)

1 minute ago, hufcpaul said:

I don't get the hate, find it a bit weird. Im 39 and enjoy watching gaming videos on youtube and twitch. Love the away days as well you done last year 

The hate is far and few between to be honest and I'm used to it, this forum is tame compared to some places! Most of you are absolutely great, I enjoy this thread every year as a lurker and I'm fully aware I and potentially all 'influencers' (I hate that word) aren't going to be some people's cup of tea.

Sometimes the ignorance and confidence in incorrect takes from some people is a little silly and even frustrating. Maybe I shouldn't care, but I like to correct them on it in the hope it provides some clarity and stops any misinformation. Realise that is probably a losing battle on the internet but it doesn't mean I won't try!

1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

make funny faces on youtube.

At this point you realise you’re starting to sound like a 6 year old that’s upset that the neighbours kids got ice cream whilst you have to wait until you’ve eaten your dinner……your gonna get access to the beta you just have to wait.

No one at SI is gonna turn around and decide that they have to release the beta because your complaining on the forums