The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

Just now, Bobsled said:

I still did this for a very long time with FM07 and had an amazing time. Mostly the speed of progress is great compared to now. However, the tactics with the sliders and the corresponding match engine do not hold up so great anymore which why I have stopped playing them mostly now.

Ooh interesting. I had an incredible FM23 save in 2050ish that I like to load up. It's the speed of it that actually stops me.

The optimization has been great for the last couple of years, I think on 22 I got to 2040 and barely noticed any slowdown especially not compared to 2013.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Bobsled said:

I still did this for a very long time with FM07 and had an amazing time. Mostly the speed of progress is great compared to now. However, the tactics with the sliders and the corresponding match engine do not hold up so great anymore which why I have stopped playing them mostly now.

Yeah, I just wonder is all. I think my fave FM is still the one with my favourite save on, not necessarily because it was the best FM. And if I went back and did a new save, it wouldn't be the same.

But I can't because I can't play 32 bit games

1 minute ago, gunner86 said:

Yeah, I just wonder is all. I think my fave FM is still the one with my favourite save on, not necessarily because it was the best FM. And if I went back and did a new save, it wouldn't be the same.

But I can't because I can't play 32 bit games

Ooooo look at me, I’m above 32 bit games

Were it to drop in the next few hours I'd have the whole evening and night to play, while I probably wouldn't be able to play until next Wednesday if it dropped later. So it's definetly not dropping today lol

Just now, kiingallen said:

Can someone please remind me - when you takeover a club, with a manager, when starting a new game does it sack the manager, or does the manager just ‘leave the club’?

They leave. I think. Pretty sure

Just now, gunner86 said:

Where's your beer gone?

Can't drink yet, need to pick up the kid in the kindergarten... Beer will have to wait... :(

Just now, kiingallen said:

Can someone please remind me - when you takeover a club, with a manager, when starting a new game does it sack the manager, or does the manager just ‘leave the club’?

They just leave the club.

But this puts incredible strain on their relationship and family life and the marriage just simply can't cope.

Be kind. Be unemployed.

1 minute ago, kiingallen said:

The old manager ends up wearing concrete boots and goes for a swim.

1 minute ago, kiingallen said:

It just says "...replacing out-going manager, Pep Guardiola" or whoever it is you've replaced. 

2 minutes ago, kiingallen said:

The old manager ceases to have ever existed, and all his ancestors are also erased from the timeline.

6 minutes ago, kiingallen said:

I think just leave