The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, AndyEs said:

I've personally found it too easy. Top teams are never the most consistent, which should make it interesting but they all take points off each other so league is easier

I'm hoping some of the improvement to manager and transfer AI of others in FM24 teams helps to address this.

has anyone ever done a south american save? argentina first division in particular? ive only ever done europe. but im thinking of taking over San Lorenzo in buenos aires as their stadium is in the neighborhood where my father was born. it would be a journeyman save anyway as my goal would be to win the league ad libertadores and eventualy land a top euro gig, but has anyone done it?

Just now, Dadecane said:

has anyone ever done a south american save? argentina first division in particular? ive only ever done europe. but im thinking of taking over San Lorenzo in buenos aires as their stadium is in the neighborhood where my father was born. it would be a journeyman save anyway as my goal would be to win the league ad libertadores and eventualy land a top euro gig, but has anyone done it?

I’ve managed Racing before and really enjoyed it.

1 minute ago, Dadecane said:

Many, many years ago. Was pretty fun the average points relegation rules can get insane to keep up with.

2 minutes ago, Dadecane said:

has anyone ever done a south american save? 

Not Argentina but Brazil league two. It was by far one of my favorite saves in recent years. Argentinian league sounds like pure mayhem too. The only thing I gotta say felt too easy, was competing in the CL there. (Don't be surprised if you make it to the semis in only 1-2 seasons already.) ARG and BRA teams are just OP and will always make it to the semi-finals it seems. Other than that, the league itself ... Absolutely worth a save.

Edited by AI-brahimovic

Just now, Dadecane said:

Uruguay is fun as it's wonderkids galore there and a slightly smaller reputation league. Argentina is one of the few nations I don't think I've ever managed in on FM! 👎

2 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

I always enjoy an Italian save. Had a great Fiorentina save on FM22.

Done one in FM23 after a works trip to Florence were I managed an afternoon visiting the Artemio Franchi (although you could only walk around it and no tours) managed to win the Conference league in first season (only European trophy I have ever won) and now halfway through second season which I may carry across in 24.

1 minute ago, we88y said:

I think Triestina is who I'm going to go for but straight and carry it through to the full release otherwise I have no motivation for a beta save.

Bilbao is probably one of my favourite saves, I've done it every year for the last 3 games now.

Yeah i love managing Triestina. Ended up managing them on FM08 (i think) during a journeyman save and loved it so also pop back and manage them again. 
Yeah i undertand, going in to a save knowing it is only for a couple of weeks ruins it for me. Fully intend to continue Bilbao in to the main game if i'm enjoying it.

Any tips on managing Bilbao? 

1 minute ago, coady said:

Uruguay is fun as it's wonderkids galore there and a slightly smaller reputation league. Argentina is one of the few nations I don't think I've ever managed in on FM! 👎

That's my starting point this year, Club Nacional de Football. 

Hopefully do well and land one of the big Argentine clubs then onto Brazil perhaps. 

Just now, Hoarau said:

That's my starting point this year, Club Nacional de Football. 

Hopefully do well and land one of the big Argentine clubs then onto Brazil perhaps. 

I've never tried outside of Europe. Well I once tried MLS and I got confused and left after the registration came through 

1 minute ago, nunch98 said:

I've never tried outside of Europe. Well I once tried MLS and I got confused and left after the registration came through 

It took a while, but I figured it out. Get's boring after a while though.

Edited by gunner86

Just now, BlackPuddin said:

Yeah i love managing Triestina. Ended up managing them on FM08 (i think) during a journeyman save and loved it so also pop back and manage them again. 
Yeah i undertand, going in to a save knowing it is only for a couple of weeks ruins it for me. Fully intend to continue Bilbao in to the main game if i'm enjoying it.

Any tips on managing Bilbao? 

Love it when you find a team that you can come back to like that!

Tips for Bilbao:

1. Read the annual Bilbao guide on this site.
2. Don't give up on average youngsters and consider buy backs, you never know when you're going to need a 2-star rated right back for backup or even first team duties.
3. Sign all youngsters with over 3* potential by your scouts.
4. Sometimes you need to part with a really great player to bring through a youth player and invest elsewhere.
5. Plot your transfers a season or two in advance at least.
6. Previous versions of the game have had a bug where B team players ask for too much money, so be careful just accepting all demands.

Honestly, it's a very unique and enjoyable save so I'm sure you'll love it.

7 minutes ago, Dadecane said:

I love playing in South America! TBH Argentina is one of my least favourite countries there though. The weird league format and league/cup hybrid thingy puts me off. The Libertadores is definitely awesome though!

I've enjoyed Brazil and Uruguay the most in South America.

12 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Sampdoria is one of the front runners for my main save this year. Been a fan of them since the Football Italia days on C4 in the 90s. Some team they had back then with Vialli, Lombardo, Mancini etc. Now in Serie B after a disaster of a season last year, so it's a very tempting save. 

Then I found out Warrington Town were in the game this year for the first time. Got a mate who stays there and have had a number of good drinking trips in the town over the years, so that's tempting too. 

same here. will be fun to try and get them back in Serie A and then into europe. should be tough enough as the rep will be lower and it'll be difficult to get players in as finances are poor at the club

32 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

Serie A is the only major league title I've ever won since the series became FM, but I usually play as crap teams in crap leagues.

Hahah, this has reminded me of game I used to play as a youngster... Champ Manager Italia, I liked Italian football because Gazza joined Lazio. No such thing as Beta Speculation threads in those good old days!! 

Image result for champ magaer itaila

Edited by Weller1980

2 minutes ago, albertocerdeira.4 said:

I don’t know which my beta save will be, but my main save will be Luton Town for sure

There's so many options for good saves this year it's getting difficult to find time for them all

8 minutes ago, we88y said:

Love it when you find a team that you can come back to like that!

Tips for Bilbao:

1. Read the annual Bilbao guide on this site.
2. Don't give up on average youngsters and consider buy backs, you never know when you're going to need a 2-star rated right back for backup or even first team duties.
3. Sign all youngsters with over 3* potential by your scouts.
4. Sometimes you need to part with a really great player to bring through a youth player and invest elsewhere.
5. Plot your transfers a season or two in advance at least.
6. Previous versions of the game have had a bug where B team players ask for too much money, so be careful just accepting all demands.

Honestly, it's a very unique and enjoyable save so I'm sure you'll love it.

Thank you i will take these points in to account. Very excited to get going!

2 minutes ago, Gersdude123 said:

What Main save ideas do use have for FM24. 

I'm going for Southend United. Points deduction, shouldn't have many players to start with the 'real world' one and Sir John Still is Head of Football. Can't ask for more!👍