The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, SM001 said:

I'm just here to get into the Guinness Book Of Records with you guys.

Something tells me they have to be here to witness it before they give us the record

Just now, girotex8 said:

Can't believe people don't manage in Italy. Arguably the most fun of the major European leagues now.

I'll generally start at least one journeyman save in Serie C. Foggia, Messina, Ascoli - or someone like that. Usually good fun

Just now, Lempicka said:

I'll generally start at least one journeyman save in Serie C. Foggia, Messina, Ascoli - or someone like that. Usually good fun

Need the new San Marino Calcio to get promoted back to Serie C. 🤞

9 minutes ago, the_hdk said:

how come? 

I guess it just felt more special there, his acceleration seemed rapid, I think it was Ball or Melville bounced off him and before he hit it, he slowed time, and the crowd collectively paused and took in a breath, seemed magical. Whereas when I watch it in the clip I think, poor defending and Perez was garbage in goal. 

Edited by mackem10

4 minutes ago, girotex8 said:

Can't believe people don't manage in Italy. Arguably the most fun of the major European leagues now.

Serie A is the only major league title I've ever won since the series became FM, but I usually play as crap teams in crap leagues.

I have managed Triestina in Italy a few times overs the years and really enjoyed it. Was my final save on FM23 and had a really good time with it.

Going to start with Bilbao in the beta (never been them before) to test the Basque rule waters.

Then decide from there if i carry on in to main game or start an unemployed save whilst i wait for the tier 10 db when i try and take Bury back to the EFL (and hopefully beyond)

7 minutes ago, AI-brahimovic said:

Please elaborate on that. Main reason I don't is because financial rewards are very slim when winning leagues, compared to other top 6 leagues in EU.

I just think Serie A is super competitive, if you start at the top. Both Milans, Napoli, Lazio, Roma, Juve all able to compete...some other nice teams like Fiore, Atalanta, Sassuolo also able to compete if you do well. If you go lower down the leagues there are some nice legacy teams to bring back to the top of the game.

Lots of world class players spread throughout Serie A (Kvara, Osmhen, Barella, T Hernandez, Leao, Pulisic, Maignan, Tomori, Thiaw, Lui Alberto etc etc).

I also like that the finances aren't insane like the Premier League, so it remains a challenge and it remains competitive. You can sell players for big money to the Prem and other big European clubs and still bring in lots of money.

I prefer it to Spain and Germany by a long way.

Edited by girotex8

Just now, BlackPuddin said:

I have managed Triestina in Italy a few times overs the years and really enjoyed it. Was my final save on FM23 and had a really good time with it.

Going to start with Bilbao in the beta (never been them before) to test the Basque rule waters.

Then decide from there if i carry on in to main game or start an unemployed save whilst i wait for the tier 10 db when i try and take Bury back to the EFL (and hopefully beyond)

I think Triestina is who I'm going to go for but straight and carry it through to the full release otherwise I have no motivation for a beta save.

Bilbao is probably one of my favourite saves, I've done it every year for the last 3 games now.

2 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

The Championship is not a crap league.

Just saying.

I'm however making no comment on Southampton.

I just won Championship with Southampton 101p and having 94 mil cash year is 2030 FM23

Just now, girotex8 said:

I just think Serie is super competitive, if you start at the top. Both Milans, Napoli, Lazio, Roma, Juve all able to compete...some other nice teams like Fiore, Atalanta, Sassuolo also able to compete if you do well. If you go lower down the leagues there are some nice legacy teams to bring back to the top of the game.

Lots of world class players spread throughout Serie A (Kvara, Osmhen, Barella, T Hernandez, Leao, Pulisic, Maignan, Tomori, Thiaw, Lui Alberto etc etc).

I also like that the finances aren't insane like the Premier League, so it remains a challenge and it remains competitive. You can sell players for big money to the Prem and other big European clubs and still bring in lots of money.

I prefer it to Spain and Germany by a long way.

I've personally found it too easy. Top teams are never the most consistent, which should make it interesting but they all take points off each other so league is easier

Sampdoria is one of the front runners for my main save this year. Been a fan of them since the Football Italia days on C4 in the 90s. Some team they had back then with Vialli, Lombardo, Mancini etc. Now in Serie B after a disaster of a season last year, so it's a very tempting save. 

Then I found out Warrington Town were in the game this year for the first time. Got a mate who stays there and have had a number of good drinking trips in the town over the years, so that's tempting too.