The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, _Rob said:

They want people to watch all those videos though. I think we're looking at at least 24hours now

Correct, circa 127K worth of views across the 11 videos in less than 12 hours isn't enough to unlock the release button.

Meanwhile, Miles at the offices:

image.png.696af703dfac42976a6cd6ccdd3b077d.png

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

The game isn't released until the 6th November. The vast majority of buyers won't even see the game until at least then. Anyone who is waiting on the beta dropping would have pre-ordered it ages ago. 

Not me, I haven't pre-ordered and now face a conundrum. Pay £32 for 2 weeks of testing or wait for game pass.

I mean, I'm pretty sure I know what I'll do but it's starting to rankle somewhat.

1 minute ago, kiingallen said:

It’s not looking good. Don’t understand the delay between the actual release of the videos and that tweet. Why couldn’t they come at the same time?

Because it's 5pm, most people have finished work/school and are home or on their commute. Bam, release tweet and people have time to view the videos. Tweeting at 9am means less people have the chance to follow up on it.

2 minutes ago, kiingallen said:

It’s not looking good. Don’t understand the delay between the actual release of the videos and that tweet. Why couldn’t they come at the same time?

The team were all busy eating pizza and listening to Madonna.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e478ev03eub9yf9lmroms

2 minutes ago, kiingallen said:

This. That tweet is a big blow. 

Time to rally back up

Just now, mackem10 said:

Not me, I haven't pre-ordered and now face a conundrum. Pay £32 for 2 weeks of testing or wait for game pass.

I mean, I'm pretty sure I know what I'll do but it's starting to rankle somewhat.

Refund probably the better option, especially considering the updates needed for the beta. Its never as polished as they say it is

3 minutes ago, kiingallen said:

Tweet at peak time after work, knowing many will have notifications for them on. More eyes on their socials, more eyes on their game, then can hit with the beta after. Makes perfect marketing sense.

Just now, thomas_e said:

Refund probably the better option, especially considering the updates needed for the beta. Its never as polished as they say it is

Miles was saying the Alpha was the most polished of any game release he can remember, so I think it'll be fine. Will there be bugs? Of course, but nothing should render any part of it unplayable. 

16 minutos atrás, albertocerdeira.4 disse:

Amanhã confirmado como do último tweet. Desiludido

Because we need to wait for the repercussions of these videos for something that we have already paid for. It's really something to understand.

Miles was saying the Alpha was the most polished of any game release he can remember, so I think it'll be fine. Will there be bugs? Of course, but nothing should render any part of it unplayable. 

As most people have proven in the last couple of pages, hundreds of hours of entertainment for £35-40 a year. If people want refunds for that value the world is screwed! 😂

1 minute ago, coady said:

Tweet at peak time after work, knowing many will have notifications for them on. More eyes on their socials, more eyes on their game, then can hit with the beta after. Makes perfect marketing sense.

Less time for engagement on that single post if the beta announcement was shortly after it though no?

I don’t wanna ruin the mood I’m here though. There are still positive signs!

it’s in the balance at this point. 

Not saying unplayable at all, but if someone has gamepass and the beta is not dropping tonight, some people will of course consider a refund as a viable option. Not everyone is clocking the crazy amounts of hours playing FM as some users on this forum. 

1 minute ago, kiingallen said:

Less time for engagement on that single post if the beta announcement was shortly after it though no?

I don’t wanna ruin the mood I’m here though. There are still positive signs!

it’s in the balance at this point. 

I guess all the creators would have been doing their tweets when their videos came out already though, so probably prolongs the interest across the day. 👍

21 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Right, lets talk about something else. What's your favourite cheese?

I like a nice bit of Brie, but I'm also partial to some Cathedral City extra mature cheddar. 

Cheese is great, eh? 

Maybe if the beta button was made of cheese, it would have been pressed by now. It's a thought. 

It’s hard to pick a favourite so I’ll reel some off. Brie, Camembert, mozzarella, Gorgonzola, dolcelatte, st agur, port salut, smoked cheddar, Bavarian smoked, double Gloucester with onion and chive, Edam, Gouda, leerdammer, normal cheddar, Wensleydale, Red Leicester, blue Stilton, white Stilton, Caerphilly. That’s probably my top ones.

Safe to say, if the button was made of cheese, I’d have eaten it

Just now, gunner86 said:

It’s hard to pick a favourite so I’ll reel some off. Brie, Camembert, mozzarella, Gorgonzola, dolcelatte, st agur, port salut, smoked cheddar, Bavarian smoked, double Gloucester with onion and chive, Edam, Gouda, leerdammer, normal cheddar, Wensleydale, Red Leicester, blue Stilton, white Stilton, Caerphilly. That’s probably my top ones.

La de da

1 minute ago, gunner86 said:

Arent;........aren't those just all the cheeses?