The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

1 minute ago, trevjim said:

I found HOI4 better with a tiny nation. Having a big one like UK or Germany was just overwhelming 

That's a good way to play a Paradox game. For instance I've been playing Victoria 3 and as Switzerland, because they basically remained neutral, so I can learn the economics.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Lucas said:

HOI4 is lots of fun but I did spend a few hundred hours on it before I could consider myself good enough to win a save. Currently trying Star Trek Infinite and suffering in much the same way to learn everything.

Stop trying to get involved, get that beta button pressed

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

HOI4 is lots of fun but I did spend a few hundred hours on it before I could consider myself good enough to win a save. Currently trying Star Trek Infinite and suffering in much the same way to learn everything.

Not Moving Wake Up GIF by Travis

Edited by KillYourIdols

3 minutes ago, Chelsea1903 said:

I’m a big fan of them. I’m surprised there isn’t a bigger overlap between fm and paradox games. Feels like that whole idea of strategy and thinking carry over.

Agreed. Although I think a lot of FM players are simply football players. I have mates who never play games aside from FM.

The Motorsport manager series is good too. F1 manager have a couple out now but it's got 0 management aspects and just looks flashy so it's not a great game beneath the surface.

Couldn't really get into OOTPB.

Would love an NFL version of it. There was a small team making "beyond the sidelines football" but sadly the lead Dev died.

Edited by trevjim

14 minutes ago, girotex8 said:

I think most people would be understanding as long as it was communicated clearly and effectively enough beforehand.

The issue is that there are no competitors with a product anywhere near as good as theirs (which is a complement and a credit to them btw), so there is no incentive for them to improve customer engagement.

If there were 2/3 different highly competitive products in the field, you can bet that they would be communicating constantly with their customers, because they couldn't afford such complacency.

It's a constructive criticism that's all, and not an unreasonable one. There were people in here on Monday and Tuesday all day waiting for the beta. Presumably there was no chance of a release on those days. Would it be horrendous for someone in the know to inform their loyal customers that it wasn't going to be ready? I really don't think so.

i think its something that will always divide opinion. some like the speculation, others want a definitive date for the beta. 

i was here all day monday, most of tuesday and today reading the posts during work. to me its part of the lead up 

1 минуту назад, CaptainPanty сказал:

Ah yes i forgot Cities Skylines was a paradox games. I love it, it's the best city builder ever made.

Paradox is publisher. Devs are Colossal Order. But in terms of the amount of DLC, this is 100% a Paradox game

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

I have tried to get into HOI4 soooooo many times, it is impossible haha

1 minute ago, zakbrown96 said:

Honestly you are better off turning on notifications on Twitter if you have it for FM news saves all the is it here nonsense gifs 😂

I’ve had them going for a week. I’m not turning them off. That way, when I stop getting notifications, I’ll know the beta is out.

1 minute ago, kevhamster said:

That learning "curve" is so steep it's pretty much vertical!

I was playing online with an experienced player.  We had sessions totalling a good few hours and even with him explaining stuff I was still mostly confused!

Yep that's the biggest issue with it. I played CK2 so knew what I was doing. But once you do know it's so satisfying to see agrand plan come together you set in motion 50 years prior.

Or in a lot of cases seeing all your plans go bad and the roof cave in on your entire bloodline

7 minutes ago, samrnpage said:

There has been another Steam DB update 7 minutes ago, so that is 5 for today - does that match fm23?

there was many more and those updates weren't just change logs to the version. last years had a lot more updates to other things on beta day. i could be wrong but...

1 minute ago, trevjim said:

Agreed. Although I think a lot of FM players are simply football players. I have mates who never play games aside from FM.

The Motorsport manager series is good too. F1 manager have a couple out now but it's got 0 management aspects and just looks flashy so it's not a great game beneath the surface.

Would love an NFL version of it. There was a small team making "beyond the sidelines football" but sadly the lead Dev died.

Draft Day Sports football is decent although not great

3 минуты назад, kevhamster сказал:

That learning "curve" is so steep it's pretty much vertical!

I was playing online with an experienced player.  We had sessions totalling a good few hours and even with him explaining stuff I was still mostly confused!

As far as I remember, there was a popular video on YouTube 'Tutorial about CK3 Tutorial' :D

2 минуты назад, Chelsea1903 сказал:

I’ve had them going for a week. I’m not turning them off. That way, when I stop getting notifications, I’ll know the beta is out.

Genius in the thread

Genius GIF - Genius - Discover & Share GIFs

3 minutes ago, trevjim said:

I got into Franchise Hockey Manager. Love that you can play a historical game all the way back to the NHL start and play all the way to modern day. 

4 minutes ago, trevjim said:

I found them to largely be the same thing TBH

4 минуты назад, trevjim сказал:

The Motorsport manager series is good too

It's good, but too superficial. It seems like this is a mobile game from the start. There was a lack of staff management (especially the pit crew), and the development of new parts was obscenely arcade-like. But it was fun anw.

I was particularly pleased with the difficulty scale from -10 to 10, where 0 = normal difficulty. Zero chance of frustration

4 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Paradox is publisher. Devs are Colossal Order. But in terms of the amount of DLC, this is 100% a Paradox game

Speaking of, I was afraid Cities Skylines 2 and FM24 would release on the same day...

In that case I'd need to take a week off from work, because these are the 2 of my most anticipated games right now.

Thankfully beta is releasing later today, so I'll play it this weekend, and have time for Cities during the next week.

Just now, KingBuzzo15 said:

I got into Franchise Hockey Manager. Love that you can play a historical game all the way back to the NHL start and play all the way to modern day. 

Football Mogul is similar to that with the NFL - Any season in the past you can start with. I've never done a full season in historical mode, so I've no idea how the drafts work. I suspect there will be a lot of rewriting history though. 

29 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

He's a funny guy, always came across as some sort of self appointed mob boss of football manager youtubers.  I might not have seen enough of him but what a thoroughly charmless guy.

I really should have stopped reading after 'he's a funny guy'

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

Football Mogul is similar to that with the NFL - Any season in the past you can start with. I've never done a full season in historical mode, so I've no idea how the drafts work. I suspect there will be a lot of rewriting history though. 

You can set it up so players appear at the right teams when they were drafted instead of having drafts. 

à l’instant, (sic) a dit :

Speaking of, I was afraid Cities Skylines 2 and FM24 would release on the same day...

In that case I'd need to take a week off from work, because these are the 2 of my most anticipated games right now.

Thankfully beta is releasing later today, so I'll play it this weekend, and have time for Cities during the next week.

These are two games you can plays on the same time. i played a lot FM23 with Flight Sim on another screen. 

giphy.gif

1 минуту назад, (sic) сказал:

At some point I lost the time and desire to read developer diaries. So I don't really understand how is good vanilla CS2 without mods. 

It took me a long time in the first part to learn how to build beautiful cities, not square areas with traffic jams :D