The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, XaW said:

Ease off on tagging devs, please. The ones who are in here, sure, but not just random others. After all delaying them in their work could delay the beta...

and delay means another day here together

3 minutes ago, XaW said:

Ease off on tagging devs, please. The ones who are in here, sure, but not just random others. After all delaying them in their work could delay the advanced access...

That's beta now

Just now, AndyEs said:

Omega Luke's vs his Dad are really good viewing.

His Dad has got so much better at the game since he first went hands-on on the channel

My favorite FM tandem, very entertaining. Dad also has a wealth of football knowledge. Learn something new everytime he talks

This post might go down like a lead balloon but it's worth a shot :D

What is everyone's favourite youtuber save?

@doctorbenjy FM16 Salford Story was mine. Top class content. I even rewatched the whole series whilst playing my own FM23 save. 

Edited by gsturdy98

8 minutes ago, we88y said:

Because the quality of FM YouTubers is extremely low. Awful recycled content and nearly all of them are irritating.

That's a bit unfair.   At least Loki Doki is very entertaining.

I do have a minor gripe with all the videos released today though, they're all practically identical and a clone of one another, I'm yet to see a video showing how the new tactics and match gameplay plays out in the lowest leagues.  Would have liked to have seen how a team akin to Darlington or Slough Town's level fair and whether the match is a reflection of that level.

Guess we'll find out sooner or later though.

I reckon its a very satisfying time to be a MOD/Staff member just before Beta release. Seeing us all get desperate for the game theyve all helped create over the last year. I am sure theres lots of work behind the scenes we dont know about to make it stressy as well. I bet they all get a right happy giggle reading these posts!

2 minutes ago, gsturdy98 said:

This post might go down like a lead balloon but it's worth a shot :D

What is everyone's favourite youtuber save?

DoctorBenjy's FM16 Salford Story was mine. Top class content. I even rewatched the whole series whilst playing my own FM23 save.

Loads - Zealands twitch saves are always class. There was a Loki Doki journeyman save from about 2-3 versions ago whereby he started Cardiff Uni and had a striker who he signed for every club going forward. 

3 minutes ago, Erimus1876 said:

That's a bit unfair.   At least Loki Doki is very entertaining.

I do have a minor gripe with all the videos released today though, they're all practically identical and a clone of one another, I'm yet to see a video showing how the new tactics and match gameplay plays out in the lowest leagues.  Would have liked to have seen how a team akin to Darlington or Slough Town's level fair and whether the match is a reflection of that level.

Guess we'll find out sooner or later though.

I completely disagree around Loki Doki but It would be boring if we all liked the same thing etc etc.

There are a couple that I do watch such as Second Yellow Card & FM Llama

3 minutes ago, workthespace said:

I don't mind sharing my YouTube stats, the majority of my audience is over the age of 18. It's fair enough if gaming videos aren't your thing, I and others won't be everyone's cup of tea, but this notion that FM YouTube content only appeals to younger people or to a 1%> of the community is demonstrably false. I think lots of people exist on this forum not realising this place accounts for an even smaller amount of the community vs people who consume video content, there's a massive community out there who both play and don't play FM but consume content across only video platforms.

. image.png.ac611a3a151f11daa02e78bea4aeacee.png

Yeah this isnt surprising, the original poster is just a bitter old man that doesnt like change. I love watching football manager content. I thought it was an outrageous statement

2 minutes ago, workthespace said:

I don't mind sharing my YouTube stats, the majority of my audience is over the age of 18. It's fair enough if gaming videos aren't your thing, I and others won't be everyone's cup of tea, but this notion that FM YouTube content only appeals to younger people or to a 1%> of the community is demonstrably false. I think lots of people exist on this forum not realising this place accounts for an even smaller amount of the community vs people who consume video content, there's a massive community out there who both play and don't play FM but consume content across only video platforms.

. image.png.ac611a3a151f11daa02e78bea4aeacee.png

I have been known to watch your videos occasionally. I watch game reviews but not people playing them on YT generally. I am surprised it skews that old, that might be an indication of just how old on average the FM player base is.

Just now, samrnpage said:

Yeah this isnt surprising, the original poster is just a bitter old man that doesnt like change. I love watching football manager content. I thought it was an outrageous statement

Same, I'm 34 and watch FM Youtubers all the time. 

Currently watching Jack try and get Dortmund out of the 2nd Bundesliga and it's awesome

4 minutes ago, doctorbenjy said:

Hello SI Forum friends, I'd consider myself an ambassador for FM creators/youtubers as I hope the rest of them would too, none of us care if you have opinions on the quality of the videos, if you're not into it, you're not into it, but last year and this I continue to see comments that I think either go a little to far, or just aren't in the slightest bit necessary when it will absolutely come across as a thinly veiled attack. This was something I personally discussed with various people at SI who agreed, so while the excitement for FM24 is at all time high, having met everyone who creates videos around FM24, everyone is lovely, most love the game in the exact same way as anyone who posts on these forums, please do remember that. Lots of love x

I hope me tagging you in here didn't offend. I only did it because the mods said it is a lovely day today and I just thought it would be funny to tag you due to my love of your Weathermen/GTA RP series.

I hope I didn't annoy you buddy.

Just now, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I hope me tagging you in here didn't offend. I only did it because the mods said it is a lovely day today and I just thought it would be funny to tag you due to my love of your Weathermen/GTA RP series.

I hope I didn't annoy you buddy.

Absolutely not, you're fine, it did however remind me to spread a positive message.

18 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

It was a mod who summoned Francis and Neil. Just saying...

But I echoed the same sentiment yesterday.

Yeah I take full responsibility on this one, I’m new to the mod world. Apologies all didn’t mean to get anyone into trouble! 

The same people Critizing Youtubers are the same people who IMMEDIATLY go to YouTube for help on a subject.

Some people like certain Youtubers, other don't. It doesn't matter. I dont like a HUGE amount of them, but I'm not their demographic. It is what it is. Noone comes on this thread to be Sh*t on, It's never been about that in here.

Anyway, here's Wonderwall

giphy.gif.77ff6b053f0d64b0a61fe4ac56a2e132.gif

3 минуты назад, DivineOne сказал:

No. I'm 37 and basically grow up with YouTube. FM-wise I find guys like Zealand and RDF pretty interesting to watch.

I’m 34, I’ve been on the Internet since 2001 (good old dial-up on my father’s PC) and streamers/YouTube are not something I’m willing to spend time on. I don't think age matters at all here. I simply like to read the text rather than listen to it with video. And this is just one of the factors

Just now, Novem9 said:

I’m 34, I’ve been on the Internet since 2001 (good old dial-up on my father’s PC) and streamers/YouTube are not something I’m willing to spend time on. I don't think age matters at all here. I simply like to read the text rather than listen to it with video. And this is just one of the factors

Agree. I find YouTube absolutely brilliant for some stuff, but awful for others, especially when it's just an Ad appearing as "content" 

I would much rather read text then have some kid going "please remember to like and subscribe" and taking 5 mins to get to the point.

But that's just me and I'm sure there's thousands that do enjoy the videos 

1 minute ago, Novem9 said:

Yeah I am 28 and me and my mrs watch youtube more than live tv! 

2 minutes ago, zakbrown96 said:

Yeah I take full responsibility on this one, I’m new to the mod world. Apologies all didn’t mean to get anyone into trouble! 

It's fine, now it's only you 

tee hee Archives - Reaction GIFs

And mostly you're doing a good job

Just now, KillYourIdols said:

The same people Critizing Youtubers are the same people who IMMEDIATLY go to YouTube for help on a subject.

Some people like certain Youtubers, other don't. It doesn't matter. I dont like a HUGE amount of them, but I'm not their demographic. It is what it is. Noone comes on this thread to be Sh*t on, It's never been about that in here.

Anyway, here's Wonderwall

giphy.gif.77ff6b053f0d64b0a61fe4ac56a2e132.gif

Not sure anyone has been, to be honest, one person called them pathetic, I questioned the natural appearance of their teeth in their picture and another chap insinuated young people are their demographic. Oh and someone was outraged by that. 

5 minutes ago, samrnpage said:

To be fair to me statistically speaking way more kids watch lets plays than people aged in the 40's and up category so it's really not an outrageous statement at all...