The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 29/09/2023 at 18:16, Dagenham_Dave said:

Excellent timing of this thread. 

What's also excellent is the date in October the beta will go live

Alphonso Davies Football GIF by FC Bayern Munich

If only someone on the first page had told everyone it was going to be the 19th....

...oh, look. 

1 minute ago, Domoboy23 said:

It's almost like people don't realize it's never come out on the hour before? (I don't think)

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952q3xkrmm9iyqjvbf322q

FM23 - 18:09 FM22 - 20:05 FM21 - 00:02 FM20 - 20:02 FM19 - 18:33

I forgot who posted this

8 minutes ago, trevjim said:

Yeh Epic have not got a clue. I am not sure why people are reading so much into it. That's not to say that the 19th is incorrect, it's just that SI are the only ones who know

I'm not sure even SI knows for sure. It probably depends on the quality of the build - they're not going to open the floodgates when it's not deemed ready.

Just now, Phil930 said:

Wait what Chuck Norris is here to help us? 

Fixed that for you

Chuck Norris originally appeared in the "Street Fighter II" video game, but was removed by Beta Testers because every button caused him to do a roundhouse kick. When asked about this glitch, Norris replied "That's no glitch."

Just now, cosminandrei said:

as far as I remember it takes 1-2 hours since the latest Steamdb change for it to be released. 

therefore, maximum at 7:30PM we have beta

image.png.f3d685faeba5efaa53d207b96230cfff.pngi'd give you an upvote if i hadn't been so positive all day

Just now, cosminandrei said:

as far as I remember it takes 1-2 hours since the latest Steamdb change for it to be released. 

If the button had been pushed they would've announced it. 

9 minutes ago, cosminandrei said:

I had a premonition on my drive home. 7:02pm

They have announced it on twitter every year for about 3 or 4 years. Its a loading symbol and the words Beta. Its to stir up last minute pre-orders and generate hype. Its not happened yet, if the twitter post hasnt happened by 7pm, it isnt tonight unfortunately folks

1 minute ago, samrnpage said:

They have announced it on twitter every year for about 3 or 4 years. Its a loading symbol and the words Beta. Its to stir up last minute pre-orders and generate hype. Its not happened yet, if the twitter post hasnt happened by 7pm, it isnt tonight unfortunately folks

Yes, because they are without heart, 20 years of FM, never bigger fan community, i am sure sales numbers are also high, last FM of its kind. We all know new FM will be unplayable first few years

5 minutes ago, samrnpage said:

You say that. But what will happen is they surprise us with a launch then an announcement.

I firmly believe it was originally planned to be released tonight, knowing he was off to a concert, so he could have pressed the button and relaxed for the evening.  However, the '2-3 weeks' and 'Epic' sagas have driven Miles to dig in his heels and delay it for a few days out of nothing less than pure badness. 

I see you Miles, I see you 

i drink someone GIF

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I firmly believe it was originally planned to be released tonight, knowing he was off to a concert, so he could have pressed the button and relaxed for the evening.  However, the '2-3 weeks' and 'Epic' sagas have driven Miles to dig in his heels and delay it for a few days out of nothing less than pure badness. 

i drink someone GIF

Also, someone posting a picture they got sent by a friend, then having the mods help clean it up probably didn’t help (although Miles never saw it, but still)

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

i drink someone GIF

The Epic thing is more of a reason to release it sooner. Can't let them be accurate