The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Domoboy23 said:

Licensing fires?

Not got it on. What did he say exactly 

His near enough exact words were "this cycle has been the best there's been, although there are some fires going on right now. Not game related, but related to licensing and once they are resolved we can release the beta"...

giphy.gif

Just now, kiwityke1983 said:

His near enough exact words were "this cycle has been the best there's been, although there are some fires going on right now. Not game related, but related to licensing and once they are resolved we can release the beta"...

giphy.gif

Oh god. This could drag on...

Also, with my business hat on. Probably would've been better to release it in a statement on the FM account yesterday, rather than whisper about it and not provide clarity on timeframes and leave everyone panicking.

It's the not knowing. Is it a big delay, small delay? Let us all know if we might as well attempt to leave the house on Mon/Tues/Weds :larry:

3 minutes ago, hufcpaul said:

It's just a ploy for everyone to think the beta will be delayed then everyone will be surprised when it's released tonight 

Let's hope so, but really don't have faith in it right now

2 minutes ago, andu1 said:

I really hope we get the beta thursday at the latest. Can't imagine what licensing issues could prevent a Beta? They already have FM23, why doesnt IT have any licensing issues?

Miles said lawyers came to look at everything, even the colors they use, and everything has to be approved.

6 minutes ago, andu1 said:

What happened, what licensing issues?

See my above Miles quote:

"this cycle has been the best there's been, although there are some fires going on right now. Not game related, but related to licensing and once they are resolved we can release the beta"

Basically someone with more money and lawyers than sense is holding the beta hostage.

Edited by kiwityke1983

Just now, kiwityke1983 said:

So my above Miles quote:

"this cycle has been the best there's been, although there are some fires going on right now. Not game related, but related to licensing and once they are resolved we can release the beta"

Basically someone with more money and lawyers than sense is holding the beta hostage.

I hope this gets resolved ASAP. I think it's being blown out of proportion.

4 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

See my above Miles quote:

https://clips.twitch.tv/SparklyShyConsoleBibleThump-TyoM3Mioy0qbybqW

Clip sauce

29 minutes ago, fhofte said:

We'll hear more about it on social media in the coming weeks, he said at the end, so the beta is still a long way off;

Not necessarily. They could resolve the issues tomorrow, release the beta on Monday and then we'll hear about the issues in the coming weeks. 

1 minute ago, limey150781 said:

Not necessarily. They could resolve the issues tomorrow, release the beta on Monday and then we'll hear about the issues in the coming weeks. 

Hi everyone,

Now we've released the beta and just regained a nice working relationship with our licensing partners. Let us go into detail about how difficult they were :D