The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, bigmattb28 said:

The first Chuck Norris joke of the day. If memory serves me, we had to average 23 Chuck jokes, 24 gifs and at least 2 Greggs based jokes per page before Miles even considered pressing the button:

If Chuck Norris were to travel to an alternate dimension in which there was another Chuck Norris and they both fought, they would both win.

Chuck Norris does not turn the light on when pressing a light switch.  He turns the dark off.

13 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

I used to love him at Huddersfield. Just a shame about the red cards and the match fixing, and fraud scandals with him and his brothers. Was always good for a red card and an elbow.

We got one of my favorite Huddersfield defenders from you. Peter Clarke. What a man. Can't believe he's still going!

Peter Clarke! unbelievable player. Unreal how long he's been going and still looks more than upto it, an inspiration for all!

2 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

Chuck Norris does not turn the light on when pressing a light switch.  He turns the dark off.

Chuck Norris went into a Burger King, then ordered a Big Mac. And got one

Also, probably worth reminding my fellow speculators that because I stream on Twitch and sometimes stream FM amongst other games, I got one of those funky-doobie affiliate links with discount code that the creators get.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/football-manager-2024?ref=expcarrot

Discount code at checkout is CARROT to bring the price down to £35.05, and you get the beta as Fanatical are Sega approved.

I get a small kickback for anyone who buys the game with the link (the code doesn't count for that, that literally gets you the discount but i get no credit for that lol).

Anyone who does buy it with that link is helping with the "Kev's new laptop" fund, so is massively appreciated lol.

11 минут назад, kevhamster сказал:

Anyone who does buy it with that link is helping with the "Kev's new laptop" fund, so is massively appreciated lol.

:lol: Good cause! I know about terrible cases when money from such funds flows into startups to buy beer... which, however, is also acceptable

15 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

Also, probably worth reminding my fellow speculators that because I stream on Twitch and sometimes stream FM amongst other games, I got one of those funky-doobie affiliate links with discount code that the creators get.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/football-manager-2024?ref=expcarrot

Discount code at checkout is CARROT to bring the price down to £35.05, and you get the beta as Fanatical are Sega approved.

I get a small kickback for anyone who buys the game with the link (the code doesn't count for that, that literally gets you the discount but i get no credit for that lol).

Done yesterday, Exploding Boi. Thanks for the Code.

I mean, we all know it's going to be next Thursday, but really, given what they've said about the development of the game, it's clearly ready right now. Miles is just acting all lord on high, knowing his little peasant subjects are frothing at the mouth awaiting the release. 

Just Do It Shia GIF by MOODMAN

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

I mean, we all know it's going to be next Thursday, but really, given what they've said about the development of the game, it's clearly ready right now. Miles is just acting all lord on high, knowing his little peasant subjects are frothing at the mouth awaiting the release. 

:larry:we need the staff and mods to support our cause!

6 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Do we know it's ready now? I would have thought that if it was the quality of footage shown thus far to be f higher quality. I mean the positional play Blog had a picture of. formation and the video had different people in it. There was no analysis of the video till a week later and even then it was recap stuff 

If it was ready I think they could have easily hyped it up much better. 

I do think it's in a better position than previous FM releases but I dont see why they would release more than 2 weeks before as I 1. creates a precedent a d people will pester them more next year and 2. there will be bugs in there. they can continue to test and polish before full release. 

3 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Do we know it's ready now? I would have thought that if it was the quality of footage shown thus far to be f higher quality. I mean the positional play Blog had a picture of. formation and the video had different people in it. There was no analysis of the video till a week later and even then it was recap stuff 

I do think it's in a better position than previous FM releases but I dont see why they would release more than 2 weeks before as I 1. creates a precedent a d people will pester them more next year and 2. there will be bugs in there. they can continue to test and polish before full release. 

It's ready when it's ready is what Miles always says, can't help it if it's ready 25 days early

Edited by nunch98
I dare not keep an uncapitalised version of his name on the day the BETA is out

1 minute ago, aj6658 said:

At its peak, Beta has been released 20 days early, and obviously, we’re not at that point yet, but, they stated in the Future of Football Manager blog that the feature set was locked in earlier than previous editions so it stands to reason that the game would be ready earlier too.

i also get your point about bugs, BUT, having thousands of people using the game above what they would have in their QA team, will bring a lot more of those to the fore. And the earlier they can get those flagged, the more chance there is of getting fixes rolled out for 6th November.

Their aim with beta is never to release the perfect game, it’s to get it to a point where the level of known bugs is at least tolerable and the match engine is in a good condition.

3 minutes ago, Aljeks said:

What are you guys playing while waiting for the beta

Can't get into FM this time of year, even gone back to FM12 and just can't get into it. Played a bit of Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 but i'm so ready for the beta.

5 minutes ago, Aljeks said:

What are you guys playing while waiting for the beta

Cyberpunk 2077, a bit of FM23 still and Victoria 3. Oh and Open Uni history work, honest, I am doing that. NOT refreshing this thread constantly :P

1 minute ago, hufcpaul said:

Can't get into FM this time of year, even gone back to FM12 and just can't get into it. Played a bit of Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 but i'm so ready for the beta.

I can't describe how much I love that series

2 minutes ago, KingBuzzo15 said:

Cyberpunk 2077, a bit of FM23 still and Victoria 3. Oh and Open Uni history work, honest, I am doing that. NOT refreshing this thread constantly :P

Crusader kings 3 for me, and ofc Uni work :D

3 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

I had a game of CK3 with a friend online.  I had zero clue what I was doing lol

it takes some time to learn how to play, even now I sometimes have the feeling that I have no idea what I'm doing