Rotating your keeper?

Rotate your keeper?   

46 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ever rotate your keeper?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I’ve done it in the past with Leno / Ramsdale and Leno / Cech at Arsenal. And at Atletico in a save when they had 2 good keepers.

I also always have a keeper on the bench, and wouldn’t be against subbing him if he decides to go full Onana.

Yes, I regularly do.

If I have a young up and coming goalie, or even just 2 similarly good goalies I can and do rotate, both between matches and through sub appearances. It's happened a few times that I've ended up with a 2nd good goalie, whether due to my main getting injured and having to buy a replacement, or getting a good youth prospect but not being able to sell my current one (or not wanting to sell them if they're a club legend!), so I just use both.

Never. I risk only having 1 GK in my first team. If he gets injured I'm at the mercy of if I have a hard decent 18-20 year old knocking around in one of my youth teams.

In the last 4-5 seasons I've starting doing this in my current save, my GK as only missed a few Club World Championship games and 1 4 week injury which luckily coincided with an International break and some 'easier' league games.

Never, I only have 1 first team keeper in my squads and then a couple of youth keepers just in case. Its very rare I've had keepers get long term injuries, or really any injury to keep him out of a game, I don't think I've ever had one sent off in a game so they're never banned. My first team keeper can usually easily play 50+ games a season, never get tired, never needs a rest and doesn't get injured. It does seem very unlikely so maybe there's a bug somewhere but its been like this for years, its a waste of money buying a good back up and risky to squad morale having a unhappy back up that wants more game time.

I like to have a good rotation option, so I rotate them when possible, in cup games or easier games I usually start my backup, unless the main goalkeeper is on a good form and I don't want to break it. Usually my backup keeper gets 10-12 games per season. On a side note has anyone seen a goalkeeper getting injured during a game? I think I've never seen one in my 25 years of playing the game since CM 97/98.