Which teams are you thinking of playing as in FM24?

These are the ones who I'm thinking about playing as. Most of them are bigger or more famous clubs that have had either interesting transfer windows or starts to the season. I can imagine myself going for a smaller club eventually as well. It's just I know the rosters of these clubs better than say Newport County or St. Patrick's Athletic. I always like to play as a big club for the first two weeks before the game is released to everyone (if you preorder now you get 2 weeks of early access and 10% off the price in the UK) to what I can win.

1. Bayern Munich: On the pluses side they have Harry Kane, on the minuses the squad in real life seems to be on the small side
  2. PSG: They've adopted a new French player's first footballing culture so that would be interesting.
  3. Chelsea: One of the weirdest transfer windows I've ever seen with 50% of the entire squad changed. Have had an awful start to the season as well in real life
  4. Lyon: Have ended up near the bottom of the league after the first few games in real life.
  5. Ajax: Badly underperformed last season and isn't doing too well now either. 
  6. Inter Miami: As a rule, I usually avoid playing as teams who are doing well in real life as my first few saves, but Messi, Alba, Busquets and co would be a cool save to get used to MLS to, though I might wait until there are enough editor files for some of the more obscure Latin American leagues.
  7. Any Saudi Club: This may need an editor data file to play as if FM23 is anything to go by, but I'd be interested to see how this league circa 2023 works in-game
  8. Any Japanese club: I don't know if they will finally be playable but SI are launching the FM Series for the first time in Japan and in Japanese this year so I'm hoping for the J. League .

I like trying to get Hamburg back up and established. With Schalke back in the 2.bundesliga, it will provide a good network game for me & my mate.

Leeds, Leicester & Southampton will provide a good network game challenge as well.

Was also thinking of Wrexham & Salford in league two as a sugar daddy network game.

Create a club. Messed around with it a little this year. Not something I have really used before. Up till now always liked starting unemployed and doing some random lower league club. Always cool to then research and learn about them. 

But I want to do a lower league save to prem. Will be a Scottish based club playing in England or I was even thinking of doing a Gibraltar based club that plays in the English leagues. 

18 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Given they are my favourite Italian team and they were relegated last season, it would seem rude not to try and take Sampdoria back to the top and eventually win the Scudetto again. 

Aye, so them. 

this. plus a small points deduction to start off with as well

7 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

I have a mystic llama that will decide for me when the time is right.............

But the big question, grey, red, or blue....?

23 hours ago, Colonel Tigh said:

Would love to try the J League as well. But I’m not expecting it in the game because they didn’t specifically say. Unless they want to surprise ;)

Well, they've now announced the top three tiers in Japan are in the game.  So, your wish has come true.  Think I'll give Japan a go starting from the third tier.

Well, at some point I'll definitely manage Benfica, the love of my life. 

I also will definitely want to try out managing a Japanese club or two. 

Other than that... no club in particular, I guess. Depends on what job offers are available. 

Dynamo Dresden and Real Brasilia at a minimum. Not sure about any others yet.

I quite like playing as Dresden. I want to see East Germany have a big successful team, Dresden seems is a big enough city to make it realistic for them to have a big football club and I like teams with yellow kits. Plus it's cool to see a Dynamo team in Germany. I usually think of Dynamo Kyiv or Dinamo Zagreb when thinking of Dynamo teams and they're both very successful in their countries, so it's an interesting link to have.

Real Brasilia for similar reasons, I want to see Brazil's capital have a big successful team. Real seem like an interesting team to make it happen with too, I like their name, their logo and their kit. It's the only club in Brasilia where all 3 of those are true, so it's my pick.

9 minutes ago, Emozil said:

Beta - Villa, maybe Ajax too. 

Full game - Non League To Legend. Will start at my local club (Rushall Olympic) and see where I end up. 

Rushall Olympic ! So cool! They got promoted into National League North.

BETA probably Roma as I don't normally play with such an old squad so think I will give them a wee go seeing as it will only be for a few seasons. If I'm as rubbish this year on BETA as last (3 clubs, 3 sackings) then I've also picked out trying to return FC Groningen to the Eredivisie or Sampdoria to Serie A.

Main saves this year will be Newells Old Boys and FC Osaka.

I fancy some Argentine action this year and they haven't won anything in a decade and are historically a big side, certainly one of the most well known on these shores (UK).

Park to Prem with FC Osaka in Japan with a bit of a "noisy neighbours" type vibe as they have recently been promoted to J3 for the first time and have 2 city rivals in the J1. But if I found BETA tough going I may just start a journeyman Japanese save with no badges and just feel my way through without any club attachment.

There is a vague idea of a "youth only" FC Toulon save in France in homage to the old Toulon Tournament that those of us of a certain age may remember.

22 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Sorry, I'm being cryptic because I'm not sure we can discuss non-SI website. Google 'sortitoutsi'

I think we can mention it for mods that don't break copyright (which this one doesn't) but I'm not completely sure.

1 hour ago, decapitated said:

I think we can mention it for mods that don't break copyright (which this one doesn't) but I'm not completely sure.

Yeah, pointing to mods that don't break licencing is fine. We have a whole subforum for user mods on here, so those things perfectly fine to link to.

As long as they are free, of course, we don't allow patreon links and the like.

Now the Japanese Leagues are fully licensed it would be rude not to start at save there. So I've been doing some research and my first save will be with a team called Kofu in the J2. They have champions league football right from the off, I think they won the Empire Cup last season. They also have one of my favourite players from the old FM days Peter Utaka, he was a beast in my Everton save on FM2007.